2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview they had recently with Kitase stated the rest of the Remake will pretty much still follow the original story line though.
Not sure how that's possible at this point since they've already altered some core story elements, and hinted at even more changes. I'm getting seriously tired of their infatuation with parallel universes and time travel nonsense. I'm convinced they have multiple creative directors at this point that don't talk to each other and the team has to do their best to connect the dots. I love the remake to death, but dear god is it getting more convoluted than Nicholas Cage starring in a movie about Tiger Kin. . .wait. . .fuck.

The Last of Us Part II Ellie Edition in stock.

EDIT: Shit, OOS already.
Heh, saw that after the leaks while debating canceling mine since I'm only holding it to flip at this point.

I looked at the spoilers and I don't care TBH, the gameplay of the first game was trash and the only reason I don't hate it is for the excellent storytelling. The moment they announced TLOU 2 and showed Ellie with no Joel, I was over it. He was the centerpiece and the only character I'd return for. Once they showed he'd be in the game in some fashion, I was on board but with the reservation that it wouldn't be a happy ending. Game of Thrones was a steady reminder that in order to love a story these days, you can't be upset when bad things happen.

Heh, saw that after the leaks while debating canceling mine since I'm only holding it to flip at this point.

I looked at the spoilers and I don't care TBH, the gameplay of the first game was trash and the only reason I don't hate it is for the excellent storytelling. The moment they announced TLOU 2 and showed Ellie with no Joel, I was over it. He was the centerpiece and the only character I'd return for. Once they showed he'd be in the game in some fashion, I was on board but with the reservation that it wouldn't be a happy ending. Game of Thrones was a steady reminder that in order to love a story these days, you can't be upset when bad things happen.
I loved the story but the gameplay was good to me too. Especially the multiplayer was hella fun. Part 2 will only be much better in gameplay from what I’ve seen and story who knows. But I heard it’s gonna be their longest game yet so it’s gonna be a roller coaster ride. I’m trying to avoid spoilers and I’m the type to play a game from beginning to end before judging it. Knowing parts of the story doesn’t affect gameplay nor does it have the same effect when you’re experiencing it rather than just watching it

Trying to delete this but cant find it and keep getting interrupted at work. Sorry for spoilers

What exactly does everyone hate about the gameplay of TLOU? Is it the stealth or what? I liked it and wondered why it is so bad to some people.
I could definitely understand not liking the story of the first, it was very clearly influenced by another non-gaming series but I thought it was told/delivered really well for a video game. I didn't really see much wrong with the gameplay though some people said it was too easy even on the hardest setting (I think they're nuts). I enjoyed the hell out of the game, in all aspects outside of Ellie zipping around everywhere with no recourse, which often killed the mood.

*deleted*
Ugh, I was hoping someone would be able to explain why the spoilers were so bad without actually spoiling them and I think you did it. Part of me just wants to look it up and get it over with.

That "plastic" statue goes for about $90-100 shipped on EBay now so I would have liked to of had a cheaper option (with a value upside) than Ubisoft where I could use trade credit, but I just went ahead and got the CE from Ubisoft since it was of the female Viking anyway and it had the soundtrack.

Plus that's one fewer thing to worry about in the fall as I used PayPal to pay now since I have to worry about the Cyberpunk CE charge in Sept. from Amazon and paying for the XBox Series X also.
Do you have that Kassandra statue? I remember seeing a few of them when it came out and the paint jobs were pretty bad.

I really want to preorder the Ubisoft store version though I’ve learned my lesson heard with getting their games at launch. I used to be the biggest AC fan back in the day. I’m not happy with the gameplay direction they went with. Not intending on starting any debate at all. I just never felt and still don’t that AC odyssey is a real AC game, it’s just an action RPG slapped with the AC name on it.

The only possible saving grace for me is that this dev team worked on AC Origins, which was about.... assassins! I platinumed that and all of the DLC too.

Sorry Vinny I did not think of that. Removed my comment if you want to remove your quote for others 

Sorry Vinny I did not think of that. Removed my comment if you want to remove your quote for others
No, I didn't mean it like that, tour comment was what I was looking for- a good analogy for what the issue was. Though I can understand others might not appreciate it so removed your actual comment from my quote to be safe.

What exactly does everyone hate about the gameplay of TLOU? Is it the stealth or what? I liked it and wondered why it is so bad to some people.
Stealth didn't work, or at least you were lucky on the hardest setting if they didn't detect you randomly for no reason. I can still to this day recall areas that I absolutely hated playing through for it. That said, I learned very quickly that the game has a handicap for players with low ammo and abused it by just going in guns blazing until I brute forced my way through an area, just to restock on the ammo it showered me with for being low. Uncharted handled the balance of stealth vs gunplay much better, which makes sense except they didn't really know how to shift that scale in making TLOU.

Ultimately, just a combination of factors didn't click for me but the story was enough to keep me going.

Ugh, I was hoping someone would be able to explain why the spoilers were so bad without actually spoiling them and I think you did it. Part of me just wants to look it up and get it over with.
Eh, of the spoilers there's only one interesting aspect to explore and the rest is just stuff that anyone with half a brain could have speculated already. The circumstances surrounding the events are the only thing you could actually spoil I guess, but honestly this public outcry would have happened after the game released if there had been no spoilers. If anything, we've seen what happens when an entire fanbase does NOT like how a game ends and this at least will save a few people from wasting their money rather than demanding refunds/story rewrites after the fact.

To that end, I think it was fair this leaked and shame on Naughty Dog for being very deceptive. The studio may survive this because of Sony moneybags, but they don't deserve to at this point.

Do you have that Kassandra statue? I remember seeing a few of them when it came out and the paint jobs were pretty bad.

I really want to preorder the Ubisoft store version though I’ve learned my lesson heard with getting their games at launch. I used to be the biggest AC fan back in the day. I’m not happy with the gameplay direction they went with. Not intending on starting any debate at all. I just never felt and still don’t that AC odyssey is a real AC game, it’s just an action RPG slapped with the AC name on it.

The only possible saving grace for me is that this dev team worked on AC Origins, which was about.... assassins! I platinumed that and all of the DLC too.
Yes I have the statue. I’m not an expert on quality but I can tell you an EBay search shows completed listings at $90-$100 shipped.

I went ahead & ordered the AC Valhalla CE since I had the cash now, it was the female character, & it wasn’t that much of a difference than the GS UE adding the statue & soundtrack.

Man I wish I got into the Legend of Heroes series earlier...Really regretting missing the Cold Steel 3 Thors Academy Edition.  Really wish the steelbook wasn't only in the giant super rare collectors edition of the game since 1,2 and 3 have much smaller LEs that don't cost as much.

Eh, of the spoilers there's only one interesting aspect to explore and the rest is just stuff that anyone with half a brain could have speculated already. The circumstances surrounding the events are the only thing you could actually spoil I guess, but honestly this public outcry would have happened after the game released if there had been no spoilers. If anything, we've seen what happens when an entire fanbase does NOT like how a game ends and this at least will save a few people from wasting their money rather than demanding refunds/story rewrites after the fact.

To that end, I think it was fair this leaked and shame on Naughty Dog for being very deceptive. The studio may survive this because of Sony moneybags, but they don't deserve to at this point.
Damnit...I have the Ellie edition preordered. Is the spoiler something that will make me regret this? Please I need to know I got the Mass Effect Andromeda’s collectors edition bs my heart can’t take anymore.

TLOU gameplay is fine as a single player game. Got all those trophies with some work. The online is meh. They should have made it more traditional FPS setup. Trying to be unique in the setup ruins it for me. I can struggle through it against the NPCs, but it’s like learning a new language against good online players- no desire to go back for the last couple of trophies there.

Damnit...I have the Ellie edition preordered. Is the spoiler something that will make me regret this? Please I need to know I got the Mass Effect Andromeda’s collectors edition bs my heart can’t take anymore.
I'm in the same boat as you... I inadvertently found out two things, one of which I don't think was that shocking given the services and the other is something that I don't really care about it (lets say it relates to characters not being "traditional").

At the end of the day, this is an ND game. I can't remember the last time I played an ND game and thought to myself that this is a bad game.

TLOU gameplay is fine as a single player game. Got all those trophies with some work. The online is meh. They should have made it more traditional FPS setup. Trying to be unique in the setup ruins it for me. I can struggle through it against the NPCs, but it’s like learning a new language against good online players- no desire to go back for the last couple of trophies there.
We have enough traditional shooters, FPS or otherwise. I loved the MP on LOU, played it like a madman for over a month or whatever to get the MP trophy and enjoyed the hell out of it. Granted if you didn't care of the SP gameplay, you prob aren't going to like the MP.

Tony hawk pro skater 1 and 2 collectors edition. 

sv8sk5yd3gy41.png

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088HZ6MN8/ref=sr_1_1/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=075290df0befd87936f42bdb4f3eeb78&language=en_US&psc=1

Lamestop is also selling it but I don't want to direct link to them and give them anymore traffic than need be.

Was it live on walmart yet or not?

It sold out at gamestop unless it's back in stock. Didnt think it would sell so fast.
It was up on Walmart and sold out in about 15 minutes, just popped up on Amazon and sold out also. Gamestop back in stock, still in stock currently

Edit: XB version still available on Amazon, PS4 version sold out

Edit2: PS4 back in stock on Amazon

Didn't think the interest would be this much for the game. Must be for the board included.
To be honest, I don't think these games are as good as people make them out to be but they're still great/memorable games. The first two THPS are those rare games that, while I have no interest in the subject matter, they're still fun games... same goes for games like 1080/SSX (extreme sports) or Luminies (puzzle games).

Honestly when it was announced I was like "cool. That'll be really fun for me to pick up in a sale for like $20". Then I saw the CE and I'm almost tempted to place an order. Having a spare deck on hand ain't bad as I'm on my last skate deck now and I'm riding more than I expected I'd be because of lockdown. Then again paying full price for the game for the chance to spend $60 on the deck isn't exactly a great deal either

honestly with the deck included it's not a bad deal.

But trusting robomodo to not mess it up after what was done with tony hawk 5? I'll wait on this.

honestly with the deck included it's not a bad deal.
But trusting robomodo to not mess it up after what was done with tony hawk 5? I'll wait on this.
Robomodo went out of business a few years ago. Thank God. They made nothing but trash. This remaster is being done by Vicarious Visions, who has a pretty solid track record for solid remasters

An update on an issue I thought forgotten: I ordered a Rise of the Tomb Raider steelbook from amazon.de in Novemeber.  They sent a normal copy of the game and told me I would get refunded if sent back.  I sent it back and they claimed to have never got it.  I finally got refunded yesterday. It was a used item from a third party, so I've learned my lesson on doing that on a foreign site other than ebay.  International ebay is good to me.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOr_C-KtKs&t=0s[/media]

Didn't see this posted but this has to be the most impressive LE Console in years. If they had done up the Xbox X like this I likely wouldn't be able to resist.

Didn't see this posted but this has to be the most impressive LE Console in years. If they had done up the Xbox X like this I likely wouldn't be able to resist.
Are they really not going to have pre-orders for this one?

Damn it! I just bought the GOW5 LE a few months ago. Even though I am happy with the way that one is painted, the glow in the dark and tiny extra light along with the purpose of the graphics in this new one adds that extra bit of flair.

This thinking will increase my chance of finding one:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back