2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that Best Buy has taken like 5 days or more to get me everything that should've been delivered to me this week I'm going to assume I won't be getting my Cyberpunk CE from them on launch day. It will probably be sometime the following week at this rate and that's if I'm lucky.

I contacted BB chat and was told this about my CE

"Yes your order is still good, Please be rest assured you will receive your item on the release date."

Maybe they’ll fuck up fulfilling the CEs and give us free gift cards or standard editions instead. Considering the constant delays, I don’t have much confidence in the game at release anyway

Damn I was expecting delivery today on my PS4 Cyberpunk CE.  But now the new tracking detail update says "we're returning this package to the sender", after arriving at my local UPS and was supposed to be out for delivery today. 

Damn I was expecting delivery today on my PS4 Cyberpunk CE. But now the new tracking detail update says "we're returning this package to the sender", after arriving at my local UPS and was supposed to be out for delivery today.
Same. This may cause a delay in our orders since they may wait for the item to be received back in the BB warehouse before shipping us the replacement CE. I was so close. Just like my PS5 ugh.

Mine was out for delivery today and just now got returning to sender update! wow this is a mess lol.
Well checked tracking and now its back to out for delivery in my area after it was scheduled to go back to Best Buy yesterday! Will keep you guys posted if it actually arrives lol.

I got Fenyx Rising gold edition today and I don’t know why but I could’ve sworn this was a steelbook version and apparently it isn’t. I don’t know why I thought that. Breaks the norm for Ubisoft titles, pretty much all their gold editions have steelbooks.

Well checked tracking and now its back to out for delivery in my area after it was scheduled to go back to Best Buy yesterday! Will keep you guys posted if it actually arrives lol.
Yep, my UPS guy disregarded the return notification and delivered mine last night.

Yep, my UPS guy disregarded the return notification and delivered mine last night.
That would be so awesome if I got to play Cyberpunk tonight. UPS website lists "Returning" at the moment. What makes me think I won't get this delivered today is that at 4am the scan showed it scanned listing "Return to Sender Completed" and then a few minutes later the next scan showed "In Transit" instead of "Out for Delivery"

UPS just delivered it! Just a heads up game is not available to play until December 9th (PC version)

People here getting the Cyberpunk 2077 and I'm just happy Best Buy stopped asking me to review my pre-order information. 

People here getting the Cyberpunk 2077 and I'm just happy Best Buy stopped asking me to review my pre-order information.
You get a big box delivered on the 10th and you're like yes! Cyberpunk has arrived.

You open the box and inside there's 58 steelbooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQouDEnBcU
I got mine today. Box was a little dinged. It's a sturdy box too, so don't know how that happened. Oh well, it is what it is.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm kinda done obsessing over condition, these days it's just impossible to get something perfect condition anymore.

20201204-210510571-i-OS.jpg
20201204-210531059-i-OS.jpg

My store only got this version of the steelbook. So either they all have the same sku and it's impossible to provide each store with a variety or they want to curb the idea that people can easily go swap for the one they want.

A bit surprised there aren’t any CE’s for some of the new generation games that are coming out or have come out. Was hoping for a good Miles Morales one to go with the spider man CE!

Check this CRAP out, VeRO legal department is now attacking sellers for selling CYBERPUNK !! I own the game, I have the right to resale it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Software Licensing Policy. Some software companies have specific licensing agreements that restrict the resale of their software

What activity didn't follow the policy
More specific details are provided below.

What you need to do next
You can't relist items we've ended. Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

What is the policy
- Your listing was reported by CD Projekt S.A. for violating their software licensing rights. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property rights owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Some software companies have specific licensing agreements that restrict the resale of their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items associated with the same. If you don't have permission to resell their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items on eBay, you may be violating this agreement
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
You can send an email to:
[email protected]

How this affects your account
Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended.

• We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended.

Why we have this policy
This rule helps to ensure that eBay users trust our marketplace, and comply with the law.

More information and help
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-program?id=4349

Listings not following policy
xxx- Ships today Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition (PlayStation 4, 2020)
xxx- Ships today Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition (Xbox, 2020)

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Check this CRAP out, VeRO legal department is now attacking sellers for selling CYBERPUNK !! I own the game, I have the right to resale it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine
There have been several places where it's been said they don't want you selling or streaming the game before release. They can ask ebay to not let you sell it. Sell it if you want, but using another company to sell it limits you to their rules.

If you sold it without the disc you may be fine. Also, most games state in the EULA state that you do not own the game. You just pay for the privilege to play it.

"Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending you this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future." 

Nope, I can do whatever the asdf I want with my 'brand new' copy since I own the item.  I didn't sign a license agreement when I bought the CE, sorry. 

Since the review embargo is lifted, does that mean people who got it early can play it now? Or are you guys still SOL? Sitting at 91 on Meta right now, pretty good, but one of the low score reviews noted the game as being too ambitious, which is one of my reservations about the game. It just seems like it's too much. 

Since the review embargo is lifted, does that mean people who got it early can play it now? Or are you guys still SOL? Sitting at 91 on Meta right now, pretty good, but one of the low score reviews noted the game as being too ambitious, which is one of my reservations about the game. It just seems like it's too much.
I have been playing since Thursday with my collector's edition copy. The game is certainly ambitious but I have encountered a lot of bugs and that is with the day one update.

I suppose the question that needs to be asked then is if other review(er)s also say the same thing because if it's just one low review saying that, then it's an outlier. A more general consensus though, would make it worth discussing.

Anyone's CE make it back to Best Buy? lol Mine shows delivery to them tomorrow, I wonder if they'll just slap a new label and send it back. Tho It's probably all beat up since UPS has had it for a week.. 

Pretty fucked how much CDPR is helicopter-parenting their baby at this point. And all for what? A week's worth of pissing off customers? They need a priority check, especially in 2020.

Anyone's CE make it back to Best Buy? lol Mine shows delivery to them tomorrow, I wonder if they'll just slap a new label and send it back. Tho It's probably all beat up since UPS has had it for a week..
Mine shows itll be retuned tomorrow too. Their email called this an error and we will still get it. Im super nervous about it though

What annoys me is being charged for it even though Best Buy recalled the shipment. If they screw up and don't resend it, now I'll have to deal with getting a refund on top of it.

I suppose the question that needs to be asked then is if other review(er)s also say the same thing because if it's just one low review saying that, then it's an outlier. A more general consensus though, would make it worth discussing.
I've skimmed a few and yeah, it seems like only one mentioned that. Most of the reoccurring issue noted seems to be with bugs. I also noticed that all the reviews so far are on the PC. No clue how it'll look or run on PS4 since that's how I'll be playing it even with a laptop that can handle it (prob at minimum but still).

Pretty fucked how much CDPR is helicopter-parenting their baby at this point. And all for what? A week's worth of pissing off customers? They need a priority check, especially in 2020.
Even some of the reviews- IGN opens their video review saying CDPR won't let IGN use it's own footage, and had to use CDPR's provided footage...

I have been playing since Thursday with my collector's edition copy. The game is certainly ambitious but I have encountered a lot of bugs and that is with the day one update.
Unfortunately gaming has lost its luster with this nonsense. I get it, bugs happen. Games should not be broken or unplayable at launch. Nor should they require a 75GB day one patch to fix what wasn't on the disc. It just seems like every major game release nowadays is one giant beta test, like steam early access was for years now.

Edit to add blurb about Ghost of Tsushima. Got it near launch. Played a ton. The 1.1 patch was significant with the quality of life updates. The gear loadouts alone made the game significantly better for me. I'm more than halfway through and I have to say I feel sorry for anyone who played it pre 1.1 update, it's just a totally different game with the fixes and QOL updates.

Anyone think that if I pick up Cyberpunk 2077 at BB, they'll keep it in the manufacturer's shipping box? Or do they always remove them? 

I've only done pick up for 1 large CE and that was Doom Eternal, and that one they removed it from the manufacturer's shipping box. I didn't think about it before but I've kept a lot of my CEs in the manufacturer's shipping box since it adds a layer of protection. 

Anyone think that if I pick up Cyberpunk 2077 at BB, they'll keep it in the manufacturer's shipping box? Or do they always remove them?

I've only done pick up for 1 large CE and that was Doom Eternal, and that one they removed it from the manufacturer's shipping box. I didn't think about it before but I've kept a lot of my CEs in the manufacturer's shipping box since it adds a layer of protection.
I would bet they will intentionally damage it. And I'm not kidding.

Short story. I preordered the Ni No Kuni 2 CE on announcement day, about 8 months before release. $200. I was so stoked to get it, on launch day I rushed to the store to get my preorder copy. How did they ship it to the store? Opened from the manufacturer shipping box, and slapped a postage label on the CE box, then put that on a truck/trailer. It looked like someone played futbol with my CE. I refused the sale and lit them up through corporate on how it was handled.

They'll probably remove it. It would seem weird to slap a pickup label on a shipping box.

Short story. I preordered the Ni No Kuni 2 CE on announcement day, about 8 months before release. $200. I was so stoked to get it, on launch day I rushed to the store to get my preorder copy. How did they ship it to the store? Opened from the manufacturer shipping box, and slapped a postage label on the CE box, then put that on a truck/trailer. It looked like someone played futbol with my CE. I refused the sale and lit them up through corporate on how it was handled.
Bestbuy is the worst with collector editions in my opinion, I don’t know how they do it, so bad it honestly does seem to sometimes be intentional. Like they take out their frustrations on an item. Steelbooks crushed flat like a pancake, multiple huge stickers directly on the CE box that are impossible to get off with out ruining it, opened warehouse returns sold as new. I was picking up a Kingdom Hearts 3 CE on launch day, guy at the pickup counter lets go of it as he is swinging his arm walking it over, flinging it up in the air with a pretty big toss. Just laughs, “oops, butter fingers”. Bestbuy has been my last option for awhile now.

As always, it will depend on how much your store cares. The CEs came in today direct from Warner (not from a BB DC via a truck) in the original over box. They don't have to be opened to be scanned in but for sure they will need to be opened to be pulled for preorders on Wednesday morning if they don't have the upc on the over box. I would just open them enough to scan that and put the sticker on the over box but not every employee grabbing orders at that time will know people care about that kind of thing.

Nothing in your story indicates that they intentionally damaged anything. Were they careless? Sure. Hardly worth sharing a story like that, particularly since the ending is you wasting too much of your time complaining which ultimately had zero impact on anything and went to die like every other complaint to a multi-billion dollar company.

Nothing in your story indicates that they intentionally damaged anything. Were they careless? Sure. Hardly worth sharing a story like that, particularly since the ending is you wasting too much of your time complaining which ultimately had zero impact on anything and went to die like every other complaint to a multi-billion dollar company.
Complaining both to Best Buy and on here is not done for effect. It’s therapy for people that need to complain.

Complaining both to Best Buy and on here is not done for effect. It’s therapy for people that need to complain.
And what would the deeper reason for your post be? Seems like it’s coming from a place more pointless and negative than posting for “therapy”.

In a thread about collector editions, two posts with anecdotes about which retailers handle them best, prompted from someone else’s directly related question is fine and as effective as any other message board discussion about anything could be. Same with contacting a company or submitting a negative survey. Not much, but better than nothing, and not worthy of ridicule if used for legitimate complaints. Which his certainly is. There are just as many posts complaining about complaints at this point.

Best Buy is the only retailer I have found to put shipping labels, not just easily removed pickup stickers, onto the actual CE box. For all their failings, I think GameStop is actually the best for CE pre-orders.

Are you talking about the 43GB day 0 update? It sounds like the actual day one update won't be out until the game launches.

Nervous about Sony Censorship on strikers, but the PS4 version is the definitive version of the game, because of switch performance issues. Musou-like games are always going to be crippled on the switch

My Best Buy preorder for Cyberpunk just updated for availability today. Is that a glitch or did they move up release? Really hope I can pick it up today.

Damn it Atlus.  I was sitting here all excited to throw money at you for P5S and you do not even give me an overpriced collectors edition to throw money at.  

Nervous about Sony Censorship on strikers, but the PS4 version is the definitive version of the game, because of switch performance issues. Musou-like games are always going to be crippled on the switch
Ugh, that's probably true though I tend to go Switch with games that have simpler graphics. At least there's a steelbook for each edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back