Official eBay finds thread!

Works like a champ. Looks like a wolverine tried to open it at some point though. The security screws are chewed to shit LOL!

(goes to video game drawer o' screws, grabs 4 replacements, done).

Grabbed Mario Golf for 4.99 shipped (.99 plus 4.00 shipping) for Game Boy Color. Looking forward to that one, mainly because I'll be able to test the Game Boy slot on my $2 DS from a few weeks ago (works great for DS games, probably works fine for both but had no Game Boy games to test the other slot), but also because I had a blast with the game in the day.

Good night. Brothers birthday is in a couple weeks. I told him earlier I grabbed a skies of arcadia for 23 shipped. He mentioned he wanted a Dreamcast. Grabbed him one with two controllers (1 official), 2 1st party vmus, mint skies of arcadia and sega bass fishing. The games are for me, he'll get the first Skies but for 35 shipped I could not be happier.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Jeeze, just saw your post. That's pretty nuts! What's the background behind them for that price tag? Is it the brand?[/QUOTE]
I think it's just the rarity. The guy who invented them got the patent and seems to have made a few of the clamps (probably to show off to investors) but it never took off, so now there aren't many of them around (none boxed up like the ones my dad had, as far as I know.)

I just saw an infomercial the other night for almost the exact same product, but I think it might've been plastic (I wasn't paying much attention).

[quote name='Bing147']Grabbed Mario Golf for 4.99 shipped (.99 plus 4.00 shipping) for Game Boy Color. Looking forward to that one, mainly because I'll be able to test the Game Boy slot on my $2 DS from a few weeks ago (works great for DS games, probably works fine for both but had no Game Boy games to test the other slot), but also because I had a blast with the game in the day.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I can already tell you that it can't play the Game Boy game.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/faq.jsp

Right. DS's only play GBA games, not GB or GBC unfortunately. You shouldn't have to pay much though for a GBC if you don't already have one.

Won a copy of the obscure classic Herc's Adventures for PS1 today for about $31 shipped. Game seemed to be mint and complete, and $31 is on the lower end of the spectrum of what it usually goes for, so I'm happy. I haven't played the game in years, but I remember it being a lot of fun, it was made by the same team that did Zombies Ate My Neighbors, so the two games are similar.

If it was an auction you will pay like $1.50 or so, plus a little bit more (like 2%) from paypal, and like 10 cents from your shipping. It will be more if it's a buy it now.

Fees are about ~12% for a game including ebay+paypal.

Assuming you don't have insertion fees, it'd be about $2 or so probably. I always round my fees to 12% in my head if I can when I price items and stuff.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']How much do we have to pay in eBay fees? Let's say I sold a $20 item, eBay takes how much from that?[/QUOTE]

over 9000!!!!

just picked up Donkey Kong 64 (cartridge only) and Nintendo expansion pack for $26.98 including shipping, was it a good deal? Most people wanted around $20 for the expansion pack alone.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']just picked up Donkey Kong 64 (cartridge only) and Nintendo expansion pack for $26.98 including shipping, was it a good deal? Most people wanted around $20 for the expansion pack alone.[/QUOTE]
Well I guess if you really wanted it cheaper than that, you could shop around thrift stores and such and hopes one shows up, but as for ebay prices that seems about average.

[quote name='vantheman']Well I guess if you really wanted it cheaper than that, you could shop around thrift stores and such and hopes one shows up, but as for ebay prices that seems about average.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I spent about 2 weeks checking eBay and Craigslist and went to 2 flea markets all I found was a 3rd party expansion pack for $13 and another for $10 on Craigslist all the Nintendo ones on eBay were $18-$23, I didn't feel like looking anymore haha

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Yeah I spent about 2 weeks checking eBay and Craigslist and went to 2 flea markets all I found was a 3rd party expansion pack for $13 and another for $10 on Craigslist all the Nintendo ones on eBay were $18-$23, I didn't feel like looking anymore haha[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the hardest part would be finding donkey kong along with it lol. But if you check the goodwill 64's they sometimes have an expansion pack in them.

[quote name='vantheman']Yeah, the hardest part would be finding donkey kong along with it lol. But if you check the goodwill 64's they sometimes have an expansion pack in them.[/QUOTE]

Man I've tried my local Goodwill/Salvation Army stores so many times and have yet to see one N64 which is weird because I see a good amount of PS1/PS2 and Dreamcasts but not even one N64. Well annoying thing is guy I bought it from is in Canada, bought/paid for it on the 24th like at 4 in the morning and he has yet to ship it guess I won't be able to enjoy in until late next week

I think this a pretty good find if the game works. CIB as is Majoras Mask gold version. Has a chip on the edge and the guy said he couldn't test it to see if it works because he doesn't have an N64. Price paid $20.35 shipped
link

[quote name='KtMack23']I think this a pretty good find if the game works. CIB as is Majoras Mask gold version. Has a chip on the edge and the guy said he couldn't test it to see if it works because he doesn't have an N64. Price paid $20.35 shipped
link[/QUOTE]

Just looks like a cosmetic problem to me, like he dropped it. So I would say good score.

[quote name='KtMack23']I think this a pretty good find if the game works. CIB as is Majoras Mask gold version. Has a chip on the edge and the guy said he couldn't test it to see if it works because he doesn't have an N64. Price paid $20.35 shipped
link[/QUOTE]

Carts usually work 99% of the time. I remember getting some games for free from a friend because he couldn't get them to work. Told him to clean them, but he didn't care. But after I cleaned the connectors with some alcohol, the games worked great. Good find.

got myself a 3ds in mint shape with 5 games
Mario land 3d
Mario kart 7
star fox 3d
RE revl
and nano someting

for 160 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']got myself a 3ds in min shape with 5 games
Mario land 3d
Mario kart 7
star fox 3d
RE revl
and nano someting

for 160 shipped[/QUOTE]

Wow, really nice deal. I can't tell you how many times I've considered looking for a deal like this, then forced myself not to because e3 is happening soon and I'm afraid of a redesign. Damn the existence of the 2nd analog brick thing that makes me think they'll put it on the console on the redesign. If I saw a deal close to the one you go though, I don't think I'd pass it up. Excellent find.

Quick question. I was putting shit on ebay. I was placing super mash bros, and didnt see it said buy it now.. and it was listed for .99 cents and free shipping.. is their anything i can do? or did i fuck up and someone got a great deal?

They bid maybe 1 min after i listed

[quote name='kobun']Quick question. I was putting shit on ebay. I was placing super mash bros, and didnt see it said buy it now.. and it was listed for .99 cents and free shipping.. is their anything i can do? or did i fuck up and someone got a great deal?

They bid maybe 1 min after i listed[/QUOTE]

You're pretty much screwed unfortunately.

[quote name='Drclaw411']You're pretty much screwed unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

So one negative feedback is not worth 30 bucks?

Contact the buyer and explain the mistake, if they leave negative anyways aren't you allowed to respond to it in the feedback? So people would see what happened?

[quote name='blindinglights']Contact the buyer and explain the mistake, if they leave negative anyways aren't you allowed to respond to it in the feedback? So people would see what happened?[/QUOTE]

Thanks i'm going to do that.

Depending on what your feedback score is, I'd just take the potential negative. It only lasts a year, anyway. (I think.)

It lasts forever. It only shows up in your "recent feedback" for 12 months, but they're always there for anyone to see.

In my opinion, if you plan on doing eBay long term, ship out the item and take the hit on the sale. You may lose 30 bucks now but at least your account will be in good standing.

Just take the negative. As long as you stay on the straight and narrow most the time, then you should be just fine. Explain the situation, refund the money, cancel the transaction, and relist it!!!

link[/QUOTE]

I got this in the mail today. Box kinda got smashed in shipping :/ But game worked perfectly fine without any cleaning and contains save files from Bill and Angie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to discount your purchase. You got a good deal, no doubt. Just letting you know that ToS isn't rare or particularly valuable.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm not trying to discount your purchase. You got a good deal, no doubt. Just letting you know that ToS isn't rare or particularly valuable.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks...I guess I just got excited when I saw some going for more than I paid for the bundle and get ahead of myself.

So you think it won't increase in value that much anytime soon? I was going to maybe hang onto it to use in a trade down the road or even sell but if it isn't that rare to begin with might as well throw it back up on ebay now right?

I would guess that its value probably won't shoot up anytime soon, based on the fact that it's old enough to have been "discovered" as collectible at this point and that it wasn't an especially great game (not that all valuable games are great).

But, that's just my best guess. If you're not hurting for money, then holding on to it may not be the worst idea. Plus you can play it if you want ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']It lasts forever. It only shows up in your "recent feedback" for 12 months, but they're always there for anyone to see.[/QUOTE]

They do last forever, but your feedback percentage is now only based on the previous 12 months of activity.

BTW kobun, what happened? Did you get a negative or was the buyer understanding?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']They do last forever, but your feedback percentage is now only based on the previous 12 months of activity.

BTW kobun, what happened? Did you get a negative or was the buyer understanding?[/QUOTE]

I know, I just wanted to clarify for the guy that had listed his item incorrectly so he didn't think that a negative would disappear after a while ;)

bread's done
Back