Official eBay finds thread!

Not eBay, but Craigslist. 11 360s for 150 bucks in various state of disrepair. Averages out to about 13 bucks a pop, plus there's an elite and a Halo edition. Even if I only get two working I'll make my money back :)

DSC02118.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']Not eBay, but Craigslist. 11 360s for 150 bucks in various state of disrepair. Averages out to about 13 bucks a pop, plus there's an elite and a Halo edition. Even if I only get two working I'll make my money back :)

DSC02118.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You are slowly becoming my new hero.

Not sure if you knew this, but there is a 1-4 Meg Ram Import cart that can work with chips. However that country coding program works too. Back in the day (Before cps2 emulation) the saturn was amazing for Capcom arcade and Neo Geo ports.

The Pro Action Replay (PAR)? It's destroys the very fragile cartridge slot. The board (on the PAR) is slightly thicker than 1st party carts, so it forces the pins in the port apart and eventually causes it to be unable to read any cart.

That's actually why I bought that lot of Saturns. I needed a board with a good cart port that could read my memory cart :(

Started putting these Xboxes back together. This is the failingest x-clamp mod I've ever seen. It was tightened down so hard that it literally snapped 2 driver heads!

DSC02123.jpg

Then, when I finally get the damn thing apart, I find this horrid mess. Covered in the original paste and a huge mess of fresh paste AND what appears to be a smathering of goo gone that was never cleaned up. I'm gonna write this one of as "dead as a doornail".

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

But, it appears that I have at least 7 that are (hopefully) repairable.

[quote name='TiKi2']I Dig your posts wiggy. I too like to fix shit up or make shit with my hands.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've always really been into this sort of stuff, but I've never really had a place to share with others. I'm also big into modifying cars, and needless to say, there's plenty of places to share that sort of stuff. I'm pretty happy that I found this place :applause:

[quote name='TheBigAndy']There should be a "Stuff Wiggy fixes" Thread. I'd Subscribe to it.[/QUOTE]

Haha! Maybe I'll start one
smiley_rofl.gif

Might be nice (and hopefully useful to others), since I can explain and walk through the process for some of 'em.

[quote name='wiggyx']Thanks! I've always really been into this sort of stuff, but I've never really had a place to share with others. I'm also big into modifying cars, and needless to say, there's plenty of places to share that sort of stuff. I'm pretty happy that I found this place :applause:

Haha! Maybe I'll start one
smiley_rofl.gif

Might be nice (and hopefully useful to others), since I can explain and walk through the process for some of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Even better use the blog function

Wiggy there is a place to share, Instrutables.com .

I'm Currently refurbing some n64 controllers. One turned out pretty solid but has an annoying little squeak.

Man, never thought of that either (even though I've used that site on a few occasions).

The analogue stick? They are often annoyingly squeaky. Have you found a fix for that aweful plastic-on-plastic squeal?

Well the squeak wasn't there till I added the plumbers tape. I might open it up and add a very tiny dab of lithium grease.

I was gonna ask if you'd tried lithium grease. That stuff is the best. Just fixed a squeaky pantry door with some today actually.

Powering up =/= good working order.

I have plenty of systems here that power up just fine, but don't do shit besides that :/

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Seller said that the console does powers on. so I guess it should work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I definitely wouldn't expect it to work based on that, but best of luck to you.

Hey Wiggy, the cart I was talking about was a 1-4 cart but not the replay. I got mine from an import store and sold it shortly after I converted my games and just use the capcom one.

My latest ebay score was this.
Diablo+06.JPG

Available only during the initial launch of Diablo II, this special edition was offered in limited quantities. The Collector's Edition includes Diablo II on three CD-ROMs
A 24-minute Diablo II cinematic on DVD in wide-screen letter box format
The Diablo II soundtrack with 70 minutes of music
The Wizards of the Coast/TSR pencil-and-paper role-playing game based on the AD&D rule set
A Diablo II manual signed by the development team.

This is some random guys girl posing next to the box to illustrate size.

24093-97978-Diablo2002jpg-468x.jpg

I skipped school to get the original on release day, was second to last copy and they were sold out for weeks. I tried getting this one over the years off and on, but they didn't appear too often when I looked. They finally started to show up with the impending release of the 3rd game, some sealed ones too.

I previously had gotten a BIN for 9.99 I msg the guy after asking what # it was, and he said he didn't know it was limited and was missing everything. The main problem is he had the collectors edition contents in his description. He asked me if I wanted to do a refund and imitated the process on ebay but didn't refund my money saying he thought I have to cancel the auction first. I said wasn't standard and if he was going to have the auction canceled he needs to refund my money first, but I told him im ok with just the game since it was cheap and to go ahead and send it. He replies that he lost the game.....So a day or two later I take a chance on another auction with no picture seller description and get it at 10.51 with free shipping, cheaper than the first one.

A few days later a big express box shows up and I'm hoping a CE with big box and contents inside and it was. Two questions though. I sorta feel guilty for the seller. After fees and shipping she probably didn't make any money, maybe even lost some.

Should I report the first seller, it seemed like he realized he could sell the game for a little bit more.

I know it is definitely not a deal, but I picked up the Club Nintendo Zelda 25th Anniversary posters. I mistakenly ordered double Mario ones way back, and just never got around to reordering assuming they would be around forever. Then when I can't get them I "realize" I need them. I dropped $50 on them but it will look pretty cool with all the Zelda statues, handbills, Gashopon Advertisement cards, Minish Cap poster and my Map of Hyrule. I got a lot of Zelda crap.

Someday I will get around to hanging up my Zelda hand towel (looks like the opening of the original LoZ)

[quote name='Theenternal']Hey Wiggy, the cart I was talking about was a 1-4 cart but not the replay. I got mine from an import store and sold it shortly after I converted my games and just use the capcom one.[/QUOTE]

They're all the same, based on what I know (board is too fat). They're all made by the same Chinese manufacturer as far as I know :/

[quote name='Dokstarr']I know it is definitely not a deal, but I picked up the Club Nintendo Zelda 25th Anniversary posters. I mistakenly ordered double Mario ones way back, and just never got around to reordering assuming they would be around forever. Then when I can't get them I "realize" I need them. I dropped $50 on them but it will look pretty cool with all the Zelda statues, handbills, Gashopon Advertisement cards, Minish Cap poster and my Map of Hyrule. I got a lot of Zelda crap.

Someday I will get around to hanging up my Zelda hand towel (looks like the opening of the original LoZ)[/QUOTE]

PICS!!!

Also, got some goodies in today to help fix up all those el bust-o Xboxes. Wish me luck!

DSC02181.jpg

Ugh what is with some eBay sellers?

I scored a large coffee table sized book in one auction for $9.99 total shipped via USPS Media Mail and three smaller books in a second auction for $5.50 total shipped via UPS Ground.

First auction I paid back on January 30. The seller never updates the order to say it shipped, and there apparently is no tracking number. The day before eBay's delivery estimate is up he asks me if I received the book yet. I tell him No. I hear nothing further from him. Today I send a message asking what day he shipped it because if he fucked up on the shipping date by shipping it very late, it may still actually be in the mail and arrive relatively soon. I also asked if he had a tracking number.

My guess is the guy isn't making shit off the book. After fees and shipping, he's only getting $3.50 and the book retails new for like $40 or $50 and it was like $35 at Costco recently. So unless he got the book for free he's basically taking a huge loss on the item.

I get this response as I'm writing this post:

"I don't remember the exact date...I wanted to find a box big enough to avoid the damage to the last book I sent....if you want I will send you a refund and you can resend it arrives..."

#1, He can't even give me a ballpark estimate? And obviously he has no tracking number. #2 So him finding a big enough box is some kind of delay... and that's my problem how? #3 If I get a refund, he honestly expects me to pay to send it back to him when it arrives and flush at least $5 of my own down the toilet?

Second order was three small books that retail for about $4 each on Amazon. So getting them all for $5.50 was a deal. I paid on Feb 4. The seller marked the order as shipped on Feb 6, but provided no tracking info. Additionally I have no idea why the seller chose UPS Ground for shipping because that has to have been more expensive than USPS Media Mail. My guess was it was upwards of $10 unless this person was using (abusing) some kind of business to ship personal items. So this seller is taking a big fat loss on this deal if he actually shipped it via UPS Ground and didn't pull a fast one to USPS Media Mail.

I mean, what the hell? Why don't people ship stuff with Delivery Confirmation so we can track the orders and have some kind of idea what is going on. I think it costs $1.19 via PayPal for USPS shipments.

When I sell stuff, I work that cost of shipping w/delivery confirmation into whatever I charge so it doesn't affect my bottom line for the lowest amount I'm comfortable getting for the item. Even cartridge only DS game shipments on Goozex! I don't understand why this is so hard for other people to do too.

Other than my own ethics, what's to stop me from filing disputes with both these sellers because I haven't received my items yet? eBay/PayPal is undoubtedly going to side with me because the first seller never even marked it as shipped or included a tracking number. The second seller only marked it as shipped with no tracking number. I assume if you don't register the tracking number with the order on eBay, it's not going to do you any good in a dispute. Because if either one of these people magically has a tracking number, I can just claim they mailed something else to my ZIP code and I definitely didn't get that package. Why, as a seller, would you leave yourself open to problems like this? Just pay the damn costs to get protection via tracking on PayPal, its cheaper than other shipping options anyway.

I'm half tempted to just open disputes against at least the first seller even if the book arrives, just because I don't like his attitude toward the situation. I don't think 18 days after payment is an unreasonable time to expect my book to have arrived, even if by Media Mail. Plus he obviously ships the item late, uses no tracking, can't even be bothered to mark the order as shipped, and then he expects me to ship it back to him on my own honesty if it does arrive after getting a refund? Yeah........ right.

I'll probably give it a few more business days for both items and open disputes against both sellers if the items truly don't arrive. (Also depending on what seller #2 messages me back with).

I'd at least expect to hear some sob stories about why things weren't shipped timely that seem to be popular here on CAG. At least that gives the excuse a human element.

Ethics? I would have filed a claim already. It doesn't mean you can't cancel it if/when the item(s) arrive. At the very least, it should light a fire under their asses. At best, it keeps you from potentially getting screwed.

Don't wait to do that shit. Get on it ASAP so you don't get fucked.

Won an auction that contained the Ratchet and Clank PSP 3000 bundle, Rock Band Unplugged game, Loco Roco 2 game, Sony soft pouch case, Hard shell case, a sample disc UMD, a set of 4 UMD game cases (size of Gameboy cartridges), and a PSP data cable. Total came to $148. This was the first time I used Paypal on Ebay and (probably) the most I've paid on the site.

The bundle was opened and someone did use the system (it was preloaded with a bunch of Halo themes) even though it looked completely new. It works great though and I'm looking to get a screen protector, a bigger memory stick (the 2 GB card included won't be enough), and a protective shell.

I am running into sellers whose paypal accounts don't work, since they are stupid, they do not know how to fix them. I don't even know how they can get through to set up an account since paypal is required to sell on ebay but alas...

I purchased a controller from a person, I paid, and the payment is sitting in paypal unclaimed for who knows what reason. The seller tells me their paypal account does not work.

The catch is that the seller sent me the item, well it turns out the controller was missing the breakaway cord, but they sent it later so that problem is fixed. But many weeks later I still have this unclaimed payment. Since the item was fine I don't want to leave this seller without payment so I have just left the payment in the account unclaimed. So basically they sent me an item that they never even collected payment on.

This is not the first time I have had a seller who could not claim the payment... so I am really at a loss here as in how I should handle this one..

I snagged myself a deal on this:

w2gg95.png

Only $17 shipped!!! There's only one other copy on ebay right now, and it's $35+shipping. Someone on DigitPress also wanted $30 for their's, so I think I did well!

[quote name='SaraAB']I am running into sellers whose paypal accounts don't work, since they are stupid, they do not know how to fix them. I don't even know how they can get through to set up an account since paypal is required to sell on ebay but alas...

I purchased a controller from a person, I paid, and the payment is sitting in paypal unclaimed for who knows what reason. The seller tells me their paypal account does not work.

The catch is that the seller sent me the item, well it turns out the controller was missing the breakaway cord, but they sent it later so that problem is fixed. But many weeks later I still have this unclaimed payment. Since the item was fine I don't want to leave this seller without payment so I have just left the payment in the account unclaimed. So basically they sent me an item that they never even collected payment on.

This is not the first time I have had a seller who could not claim the payment... so I am really at a loss here as in how I should handle this one..[/QUOTE]
Have they not tried calling Paypal? I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

[quote name='SaraAB']...This is not the first time I have had a seller who could not claim the payment... so I am really at a loss here as in how I should handle this one..[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like your problem to me. It's their own for not being able to set their accounts up properly. Leave it them to sort their own problems out. You did your job, which was simply to send payment.

Hey guys, my first post on CAG!

I have recently been looking EVERYWHERE for Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3.... for some reason this game is rare enough to demand 40 or 50+ dollar price tags, often for beat up steelcases and usually missing the collector's card.

Well I was on eBay watching this auction for both TUF1 Ultimate Sith Edition AND TUF2 collector's edition, both in like new condition, with DLC unredeemed for TUF2

I watched and watched... as the auction was ending, put in a max of like 55, why not? And BAM won it for 46 dollars!!! The TUF2 CE goes for around 15-20 new, so it's like I got TUF1 Ultimate Sith Edition for about 20-25 bucks!!

It arrived today and both games are LIKE NEW... so happy.

The saddest part? An IDENTICAL auction was also up, for the same editions, and sold for over a 100!! Man, I felt so lucky.

zzIOg.jpg

3964672cd0e1e759bc1ef2ae267af723.jpg

I got tired of waiting to find one of these out in the wild, so I went on ebay and after a while, scored this bad-boy for $70 shipped (around $20 less than all the others I was watching, and I got it literally the next day - damn fast shipping.) The top loader totally lives up to the hype. Every single one of my games worked, even the Tengen and other unlicensed carts. Plus, just look at it, it's in beautiful condition.

Now watch, I'll find one at the first garage sale I go to this year...except not, since that would still be awesome.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Now watch, I'll find one at the first garage sale I go to this year...except not, since that would still be awesome.[/QUOTE]

You can't have "too many" NES top loaders ;)

Just a couple of months ago I was looking for a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I didn't have a copy and I knew you could get one for less than $5, so why not?

I won one off of eBay for $3 and the GOLD EDITION came in the mail in like new condition. I was blown away. It's hard to get the gold edition for less than $35~$40!

[quote name='wiggyx']Doesn't sound like your problem to me. It's their own for not being able to set their accounts up properly. Leave it them to sort their own problems out. You did your job, which was simply to send payment.[/QUOTE]

For now this is exactly what I think, I am leaving the whole thing alone, with payment left to them, which I expect that paypal will eventually give back to me. Its my job to pay though, as I have the item in good working condition so it wouldn't be right for me to cancel the payment. I have heard nothing from the seller since and no activity on their account, I am guessing they just left the account and will probably never use it again.

[quote name='TiKi2']^^ How's the 360s' repairs going?[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I had to take a 3 week break for health reasons. But, I've got two up-and running as of Saturday with another going strong but in need of a new DVD drive (running off the hard drive like a champ though). Must press on...

[quote name='skiizim']That's a former CAG, I think people said he was notorious for resealing stuff.[/QUOTE]

Weak.

Go figure, a CAG selling stuff for insane prices.

[quote name='SaraAB']For now this is exactly what I think, I am leaving the whole thing alone, with payment left to them, which I expect that paypal will eventually give back to me. Its my job to pay though, as I have the item in good working condition so it wouldn't be right for me to cancel the payment. I have heard nothing from the seller since and no activity on their account, I am guessing they just left the account and will probably never use it again.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a lot of first-time paypal users (letting account die).

[quote name='skiizim']That's a former CAG, I think people said he was notorious for resealing stuff.[/QUOTE]

Even if he isn't resealing - I've always looked at his auctions and wondered if he just buys the current gen games from amazon and has them graded. I mean selling DS games that you can buy at amazon and then managing to sell them for 100+ bucks? I wonder if this is a viable thing and have always wondered about it with some of the bigger niche games. Like do it with the SotC/Ico pack or something.

He's actually selling an ICO/SotC PS3 pack AND a copy of both for the PS2 right now.

It's insane to think that it's possible to get 300 bucks for a sealed copy of a game that I can run to Wal-Mart and pick up for 40 bucks right this moment. I'm sure those things don't sell. There's just no way. Anyone who would know enough to care about a VGA rating wouldn't buy a graded game for 7 times the current retail price.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've been trying to stay away from eBay because of debt, but I did buy a Bionic Commando lunchbox for only $14.99 (shipped). I've been wanting one of these things for a couple of years now and this is the cheapest I've ever seen it, so I couldn't pass it up. 'Tis still shrinkwrapped and everything.

Aside from that, I've mostly just bought some cheap NES, SNES, and PS1 games (and Child of Eden for $3.99) that nobody really cares about.[/QUOTE]

not to pick on you. but i do wonder how many CAG are in debt. its not uncommon for collecting to lead to debt and then hoarding and other problems.

[quote name='wiggyx']Not a bad idea. It's sort of a crap-shoot though. You never know what's gonna be wrong until you open 'em up :(

On a related note, I just bid on 7 busted 360s. Those are EASY to fix ;)[/QUOTE]

i wish i knew how to do this. my old roommate did this.

That guy's insane. Most of that stuff is widely available at MSRP or less. I guess he's just hoping that someone even dumber than himself will come along.

bread's done
Back