Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow seriously, i dont know if i want to support epic and buy the new all fronts pack when the lag is this shitty. Why should i spend 20 bucks on maps for a game that is so laggy, half the games are unplayable. I should just use the 20 bucks and buy a used copy of halo 3.[/QUOTE]

Buy it to play Horde mode with other CAGs. We're having a blast. I've got a couple good friends that I've been playing alot of Horde with and we're always looking for another to round out the squad.

The way I look at it. It's better to pay $20 ($15 if you took advantage of the Target deal last week) to get more maps on a good game instead of paying more than that for a game with different controls and a smaller community.

Well i do love me some horde. Maybe ill buy it, thats if i dont win it monday. I still do want to play that extra mission. It just gets on my nerves when there is so much lag. Add me whoever plays horde, guardian, or wingman. Those are my favorite game types.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can't play Horde with bots, but you can play Horde with 1 person.[/QUOTE]

I never understood why you couldn't play Horde with bots. Half of them act like complete morons consistently. A team of Kantus, Skorge, Dizzy and Nimh however... >_>

I'll definitely pick this up tomorrow. Add me for some horde action, just message me, "CAG" or something so i know you're not a random.

[quote name='LeRoy']Still on the fence about getting these maps. $20 is a lot IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love my gears and I was looking forward to these maps - but part of me is warning that I will just be all pissed off and frustrated for buying them after I get reminded that this is a one weapon game online again.

Finally this Wednesday when the new maps are "officially" released I can find opponents for the Dark Corners maps.

The 7th Number, there is a few of us that play GOW2 fairly regularly. You're welcome to join us whenever there is room. Also, do you have a mic?

[quote name='woodcan']Finally this Wednesday when the new maps are "officially" released I can find opponents for the Dark Corners maps.

The 7th Number, there is a few of us that play GOW2 fairly regularly. You're welcome to join us whenever there is room. Also, do you have a mic?[/QUOTE]

I dont use a mic....idk never liked to. I hate how it blocks one of my ears from my surround sound. But at the same time i hate how i cant hear anyone either. Usually in games like Halo or COD i can still hear my team mates talk through my tv. But gears 2 i cant here anything. Plus who wants to hear me complain all match long? ;) "That was BULLSHIT!" lol

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont use a mic....idk never liked to. I hate how it blocks one of my ears from my surround sound. But at the same time i hate how i cant hear anyone either. Usually in games like Halo or COD i can still hear my team mates talk through my tv. But gears 2 i cant here anything. Plus who wants to hear me complain all match long? ;) "That was BULLSHIT!" lol[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, yeah there were a couple of times the other night I kept yelling into my mic in the hopes you would hear me on your TV speakers to vote for Submission instead of Guardian :lol:. I too kinda don't like the muffling of my right ear for surround sound purposes but I have my system cranked up high enough to hear. Although, I think the surround is less of a key in this game vs how important a role it can play in COD. On my 2nd system I use an X4 headset so I hear voice and game surround sound all together :D

Im guessing the All Fronts pack will be up tonight around 5AM ET?
If it was updated at 1 am, I would also be thinking tonight - but 5 am is tomorrow morning dude!

I will definitely be downloading this as soon as it is available.

I got the maps last week during the special "pre-sale". I'd like to do Horde and/or multiplayer with other CAGs. I have some of you on my list, but if you are looking for someone to play shoot me a message. I have a mic and I'm not afraid to use it.

Vaancor here, I'm around level 16 rank wise but I'd love to try out some of the new maps, help with the co-up on the new campaign, and help with Horde mode. Yes, I have a mic as well and any CAG who's played with me will tell you how often I use it.

I just bought my 1600 points on amazon, emailed a code to me. :D Now i have to wait for it to be available to download. So does anyone know what time XBL marketplace updates?

I think it's 4 A.M. Pacific time.

I have to wait till I get my new hard drive in order to be able to download the maps, but it should have shipped today.

Well i searched online and it said 2am Pacific. I think it updates 4 or 5 am central for sure. I just dont know which one.

Anyone know how big the file size will be for the All Fronts Pack, im talking about the 20 dollar one that comes with everything. Not the 15 dollar one. I got about 3.3 gigs left, but im mainly wondering how long it will take me to download.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i searched online and it said 2am Pacific. I think it updates 4 or 5 am central for sure. I just dont know which one.

Anyone know how big the file size will be for the All Fronts Pack, im talking about the 20 dollar one that comes with everything. Not the 15 dollar one. I got about 3.3 gigs left, but im mainly wondering how long it will take me to download.[/QUOTE]

It was only like 700-800mb from what I remember.

Also they appear to be doing double XP on Horde right now. Not sure about other game modes, but I'm sure they will be running some type of bonus XP most of the week.

LOL i just had a map say "Not Available" and show something that looked like a steel metal garage door when voting on the map. Probably due to the lag, cos its really bad, cant even use my shotty. I just thought that was funny.

I, EMPMING should be online 6:30ish to at least 10:30ish eastern today if anyone interested in Long Run (NO EXITING and excessive host pauses) of horde. I use the Mic as well, as long as no kids are screaming or generally acting like idiots on the mic or in the background of the other players.

[quote name='guyver2077']so i havent been paying attention.. is this still being sold instores? is there any advantage over just downloading through live?[/QUOTE]

Its just over live. I can't decide If I should get it or not. I haven't played Gears lately.

Just FYI for everyone shooting for Level 100:

In addition, there will be a Double Experience WEEK running from today until August 3rd. The bonus will only be in effect for the "Dark Corners" playlist, and ALL maps of Horde mode.

downloading now. still pissed I missed out on the early release for cheap. getting the AFC since I don't own the crappy Combustible pack.

the achievements Epic is tied to this dlc are crap too.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Just FYI for everyone shooting for Level 100:[/QUOTE]

cool, i didnt even realize it this morning.

BTW

'Nowhere' is my fav map so far.

Don't forget to add me if you got the maps.

Finally got the co-op part of Road to Ruin done. What a chore to get a co-op game going for that. There's no menu system for it. You have to start it up, then invite someone. You can't join random people, which is kind of a pain in my opinion.

I haven't played any of the Dark Corners maps more than once (achievement spelunking) but I've run into several Snowblind maps, which are kind of good. Oh wait, I ran into Under Hill. Kind of a neat map. Also, Horde Mode is ACTUALLY Double XP this time (unlike on July 4th weekend).

[quote name='KingBroly']Finally got the co-op part of Road to Ruin done. What a chore to get a co-op game going for that. There's no menu system for it. You have to start it up, then invite someone. You can't join random people, which is kind of a pain in my opinion.

I haven't played any of the Dark Corners maps more than once (achievement spelunking) but I've run into several Snowblind maps, which are kind of good. Oh wait, I ran into Under Hill. Kind of a neat map. Also, Horde Mode is ACTUALLY Double XP this time (unlike on July 4th weekend).[/QUOTE]

For the extra campaign part. Can you play the campaign all the way though, and it is in it or do you have to play that one part by its self?

You have to play it by itself. There's no lobby. I guess they took they out to put Cliffy's stupid dialogue at the beginning of it to say 'hey, this sucked, that's why we cut it, thanks for paying money for it'.

[quote name='KingBroly']You have to play it by itself. There's no lobby. I guess they took they out to put Cliffy's stupid dialogue at the beginning of it to say 'hey, this sucked, that's why we cut it, thanks for paying money for it'.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!! Sadly I'll play it anyway. Is it actually good?

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, the stealth part is kind of broken. But I won't spoil it, so you can find out for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and holy crap is it short. You could seriously get through it in like, 5-10 minutes, maybe slightly more. The last bit of it was kinda neat though.

And thanks for posting how the heck to do co-op! I tried everything, starting a co-op campign, jumping back to lobby, nothing. What a rather lame way to do it. You'd think they'd just download the video and theme they promised for retail separately.

[quote name='KingBroly']You have to play it by itself. There's no lobby. I guess they took they out to put Cliffy's stupid dialogue at the beginning of it to say 'hey, this sucked, that's why we cut it, thanks for paying money for it'.[/QUOTE]

After watching that video I finally concluded that CliffyB is indeed the 2009 version of Bud Bundy from Married with Children.

I need to do the stealth version of co-op if anyone is interested. Does anyone know if you get caught one time do you have to restart the entire deleted scene to get the stealth achievement or can you just restart checkpoint?

I'll be home in about an hour or two, and looking to play the deleted scene and Horde on the new maps... I downloaded it this morning before work, so I would have instant access when I got home! Sad, I know... but smart, too!

Invite me or add me if you'd like, DJP519. Thanks!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']After watching that video I finally concluded that CliffyB is indeed the 2009 version of Bud Bundy from Married with Children.

I need to do the stealth version of co-op if anyone is interested. Does anyone know if you get caught one time do you have to restart the entire deleted scene to get the stealth achievement or can you just restart checkpoint?[/QUOTE]

You can just restart from checkpoint. I know this for a fact.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']After watching that video I finally concluded that CliffyB is indeed the 2009 version of Bud Bundy from Married with Children.

I need to do the stealth version of co-op if anyone is interested. Does anyone know if you get caught one time do you have to restart the entire deleted scene to get the stealth achievement or can you just restart checkpoint?[/QUOTE]

If the weather weren't bad here, I'd help ya out. When it clears up, we can play through it. I've played through it 3 times already (2 stealth, 1 guns blazing). Then maybe some Horde with Double XP.

Wow i tried to get a horde game going with randoms using the map packs, and the first 4 games everyone kept leaving. The 5th time we actually started the game, and it was on highway, one of the new maps. But then one guy left, and then the host paused the game and quit. So i gave up.

bread's done
Back