Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

I'll gladly help anyone out until friday with the 1-10's and other achievs seeing is how I need a few of those same ones done myself.

GT: Jueh :cold:

Just drop me a message mentioning cags or something so I know who you are.

EDIT: DAMMMMN. That blows man..

DAMN, was just playing some Horde with Jueh, and got my first RRoD after 3.5 years of having the same XBox. Can I upgrade to the new 4GB Slim and plop my old 120 GB hard drive on top? Anybody? Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drktrpr1']SHIT, was just playing some Horde with Jueh, and got my first RRoD after 3.5 years of having the same XBox. Can I upgrade to the new 4GB Slim and plop my old 120 GB hard drive on top? Anybody? Help![/QUOTE]

I want to say no, but I think you can take it apart? Might have to do some googling on this one... sorry

Sending FRs to those who said they're up for horde. When, specifically, does this sucka start? Midnight EST or PST or another more random time?

I'm on right now and it appears as though both the Social and Ranked Annex lists are only doing the flashback and combustable map packs although I have only been able to get on a winning team once and it was apparently a map I had already won on :(

GearsViking Rod Fergusson

The Annex Achievement playlist is the main Annex playlist. Basically you need to have the required DLC maps to play Annex this weekend.

Dang, wish they had the snowblind maps on there since I need to play a multiplayer game on each to get the level 50 achievement.

But I don't have the Annex achievements either so I'm up for some of that this weekend as well, though I'm more interested in finishing up Horde achievements.

Ok, I'm ready for this weekend. Fresh batteries, achievement list here. Willing to pull all nighters... dont start new job until Nov 8 ;p

I may hop on earlier. Working from home and mostly finished with what I needed to get done today.

I'll probably hop on and play some Reach for a bit in 30 minutes or so to knock out a couple easy daily challenges and then may hop on Gears 2 for a bit.

But I'll definitely be on around 9-10 pm EST tonight and willing to play pretty late.

Cool, I'll be on trying for them tonight starting around 9pm EST. Several other have posted needing them too so we shouldn't have a problem getting 5 together.

May be on earlier, knocking out some daily challenges in Reach at the moment.

only need the DC co-op and Seriously 2.0 achievements.

If anyone wants to do Dark Corners let me know. I can also join in on any mp so I can rack up kills.

Just spent about an hour playing a boosting KOTH match when my controller disconnected for some reason. When I reached down to resync on my 360 it shut off because my finger got within a few millimeters of the stupid conductive new buttons on the 360 S. That just pissed me off.

Jesus I forgot how much I fucking hate the multiplayer in this. Just a bunch of shotgunning and rolling or chainsawing. Nothing but 12 year olds and people spouting off gay and racial slurs left and right.

Just awful. On top of that, none of the snowblind maps every came up in several matches. Lame as hell that they put in that requirement to play on all 4 of them to get the level 50 and 100 achievements. :bomb:

I'll probably just forget about it and try to knock out the horde achievements and be done with this game.

omfg i just solo horde the first 10 waves of a map i needed for an achievement, omg TOTALLY doable to 50 if anybody wants to do any, but holy shit, so fucking boring.... *blows brains out*

[quote name='dmaul1114']Just awful. On top of that, none of the snowblind maps every came up in several matches. Lame as hell that they put in that requirement to play on all 4 of them to get the level 50 and 100 achievements. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Are you actually on level 50 yet? I've read that despite the achievement description, private and Horde matches count toward the requirement.

Yeah, I was 57 after the last EXP event, up to 59 now. Horde must not count (at least not custom match horde) as I have the achievement for doing the 10 waves on all snow blind maps from the last exp event where we knocked it out.

I did finally get 2 snowblind maps in war zone. Just need to play on Courtyard and Fuel Depot now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']yeah, i was 57 after the last exp event, up to 59 now. Horde must not count (at least not custom match horde) as i have the achievement for doing the 10 waves on all snow blind maps from the last exp event where we knocked it out.

I did finally get 2 snowblind maps in war zone. Just need to play on courtyard and fuel depot now.[/quote]

ygm

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I was 57 after the last EXP event, up to 59 now. Horde must not count (at least not custom match horde) as I have the achievement for doing the 10 waves on all snow blind maps from the last exp event where we knocked it out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's right. Maybe it has to be social Horde or something.

Yeah. kklems solved my problem, via pm. You can get any of the play on/win on achievements (other than the gametype specific ones) by playing a local game with a 2nd controller--so I just finished achievement whoring all the play/win on all map pack map achievements etc. and got the level 50 one.

I'm hoping on horde now, just shoot an invite when any of you guys start getting a party together.

Hope you're ready for the 'B' button... I will be on much later tonight for any sort of Gears-ing. The only achievement that i need that's horde-related is 17-40 on memorial (or thereabouts), but I'm really down for anything when I'm on. Feel free to invite me if I'm in-game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah. kklems solved my problem, via pm. You can get any of the play on/win on achievements (other than the gametype specific ones) by playing a local game with a 2nd controller--so I just finished achievement whoring all the play/win on all map pack map achievements etc. and got the level 50 one.[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I did the same thing to get The Weather Outside is Lethal et al. so I guess I'm good to go. Level 50 here I come, as soon as my wife is finished using the television. :)

Anyone running one of those King of the Hill boosting parties? If you have a spot open, shoot me a message on Live or respond on here

I'd really appreciate it!

Great times tonight! Crazy amounts of chainsaw kills in horde!

Anyway, I'll be on again tomorrow night. Here's the horde achievements I still need.

1-10 on all Flashback maps (still need to do Gridlock, Mansion and Subway)
1-20 on Sanctuary (need all 20 waves)
1-20 on Waystation (need 10-20)
1-30 on All Father's Garden (need 6-30)
1-40 on Memorial (need 4-40)
1-50 on Nowhere. (need 1-29---we knocked out 30-50 tonight)

The only achievement I've got left in this game is Seriously 2.0, but I don't know if I can handle hours and hours of doing the Brumak sequence...I'm only at 41k currently. :drool:

They really took down the power of all the weapons except the Lancer and the 2 special pistols in Horde for this weekend. The power weapons do jack and sometimes just go right through people. Only weapon that works really well is the Lancer.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Great times tonight! Crazy amounts of chainsaw kills in horde![/QUOTE]
Sorry about the coughing and my generally sucky performance-- caught a cold and it hit me pretty hard last night. I was pretty much dozing off during those last few waves on Canals. :cold:

Did manage to eke out my 50 though!

I'll hop on soon to play some horde and go for the achievements I still need (see prior post) feel free to send an invite if you guys have a group going.

jdawgg said he'd be on again tonight as well, but probably not until late (after midnight EST).

bread's done
Back