OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

I have to say I am amazed at the amount of game stats Bungie has on their web site. For example, I can see guyver2077's first game where he got 7 kills, 4 assists, 11 deaths, and 0 suicides. He lived for an average of 24 seconds, best killing spree was 4, and he scored 7 points. Shots hit, shots fired, hit%, head shots are all listed. He was most killed by Evil Dude22, and killed Mekboy Bigdakka the most. And I see he got 1 sniper medal too (congrats on the medal!).

What is really cool is that I can see the Lockout map he played on, along with every spot where he was either killed or killed someone on the map. Bungie put a lot of effort into the XBL part of this game it seems.

Okay does anyone know where I can get an honest review of this game, because I swear sites just gave this game a high rating because of the hype!

[quote name='GameDude']Did they remove the level from the e3 2003 demo?!?!?!?!?[/quote]
That level is not in there, but the second and third level has driving sequences simular to it.
So far Ive played the first three levels in both one player and co-op, and a few minutes of the fourht level, and Im impressed. Its a pretty fun game, but very simular to the last Halo.
Im still disapointed by the lack of multiplayer bots, but Im really trying to convince my dad to get broadband. My brother and I are both willing to pay a third for broadband, but for some reason he doesn't want to pay $15 a month. I hope that Ill be able to convince him soon and Ill be playing online with you guys.

I just got back from my cousin's house. I got arrived at Planet X (a store by game Stop) at around 9:00 PM, and the line was already long. They served chips, drinks, gave out free demos and whatnot, so that kept most of the people busy. By the time it got around to midnight, there was about 600 or so people. It was really crazy, and security was really being a bitch. He kept saying stay in one line, stay behind the cone, and other stupid shit.

Anyways, I got the game (the LE version), went to my house to get something, headed over to 7-Eleven, we got some coffee, then went to my cousin's house and played until maybe 5:00 AM or so. We also played some ESPN NBA 2K5 on the Xbox. We got a few hours of sleep. I didn't go to school today. So we got up around 11:00 PM and played until 6:00 PM.

The game itself is really good. I was really expecting way more, but I'm not saying it's an awesome game. One level we got stuck on for a good 30 minutes or so really annoyed me, and all we needed to do was get both our players into the room for the mission to continue, so that pissed us off.

I don't know how far we're into the game, but we had to stop because he had to go out and I had to go home. We were so far into the level, and so I got really pissed off that we had to replay the level again.

Why didn't Bungie fix it so I can continue from my last checkpoint when I turn on to play the game again when you play in co-op? If anything is wrong with this game, it's this.

I had hoped to finish the game by today, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. I left my system and game at his house. I'll probably go over to his house tomorrow or something. I had also planned to not to go to school tomorrow, but I most likely will. I'm sure we'll beat the game by the end of this week.

[quote name='FrankySox']Okay does anyone know where I can get an honest review of this game, because I swear sites just gave this game a high rating because of the hype![/quote]

Here's and honest review:

The game is good. The online is great. The Single player is "more of the same", but with some (good) tweaks and an even more immersive world. The graphica are pretty damn good, but the cut scenes were donea bit too well, to the point where the xbox is a bit too slow to load everything quick enough. Story wise its damn cool, has quite a few twists, and has an ending that seems a bit fishy. I'd give it an 8 for single player, and a 9.5 for multi.

thats about as honest as your going to get.

[quote name='crazytalkx']MY PRECIOUS PISTOL!!!!!!!!! ITS TOO WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Lol, yeah it's seriously been toned down. I think I counted 10 head shots needed to get a kill, when it used to be 3.

How many hours did it take you to beat it?
The Empire Strikes Back had a major cliffhanger ending as well.........so I bet we will see a Halo 3 sometime in the future...

[quote name='Goodtone']How many hours did it take you to beat it?
The Empire Strikes Back had a major cliffhanger ending as well.........so I bet we will see a Halo 3 sometime in the future...[/quote]

Yeah, in like four years.

I played it from like 3 to 5 am last night (2 hours), then from 5 until midnight (6 hours).. so.. pretty much on par with Fable.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']That was quick....Did you play through it on easy or something?

I expect a cliffhanger ending because I of course expect another sequel.[/quote]

I actually did play through it on easy. Why? I dunno, but even then, it was still quite annoying at times. The last level can (literally) be beaten without even firing a shot. That part has nothing to do with the difficulty level. You know there's something wrong when you find the end boss easier than some of the brutes (or whatever the hell those chewbacca things are).

As someone said above, yeah, it's fun. The single player doesn't hold a candle to the multiplayer. This is basically a demo or teaser for Halo 3.

I've only played for about 40 minutes so far but much like in Halo 1 I hate the dark, bland first level. When do I get outside?

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='crazytalkx']MY PRECIOUS PISTOL!!!!!!!!! ITS TOO WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Lol, yeah it's seriously been toned down. I think I counted 10 head shots needed to get a kill, when it used to be 3.[/quote]

Not to mention no zoom. It's taking some time to get used to using a battle rifle or carbine in a similar pistol-type role. The carbine is causing me some long-range problems, and the battle rifle requires a bit of leading to hit a moving target, but I'll make do.

It's nice to see some useful alien weapons for a change.

[quote name='Jaxcomet']I've only played for about 40 minutes so far but much like in Halo 1 I hate the dark, bland first level. When do I get outside?[/quote]

Pretty soon. You'll go down to the planet, and into a nice looking city area. So far the level design is better than Halo 1. So far...

I saw this quote from Jason Jones, who is the head of Bungie Studios, and he doesnt try to hide the fact that halo 2 is alot like the original

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."

I figured this would be the place for this post,

I changed my CAG avatar to match my Halo 2 avatar, anyone else with me?

[quote name='studio']thanks ledhed, I'd hate to be left in the cold[/quote]

No prob. You don't know how many times I've seen the Triforce on Live. :lol:

I like how they give it a different name than "The Triforce", I'm at work so I can't look it up, they should have called it the "It's not the Triforce don't sue us Nintendo"

Heh, I have the triforce as well.

It's so much fun on XBL, just as I thought it would be. It's too bad you can't choose exactly what type of game you want to play (unless you do a custom one with friends), but I understand Bungie's reasoning.

This may sound dumb (in fact, i really don't want to ask this question...), but how in the blue hell does sudden death work? It seems to happen in every CTF/Assault game, and in more than one occasion, has allowed the other team to score.

An example:

Cogulation, Major Assault. Sudden death starts, they have the bomb near my base. They drop the bomb. My team takes 5 minutes (all with 5 seconds sitting on the counter) to drive it to their base. We all die. They then drive it back to my base and score. I just don't understand it, and its starting to really make me angry. My Xbox wouldn't like me when I'm angry... :twisted:

First, the game is great. BUt I want to know why they didn't allow your personalized MP suit to be added to the SP as well? That would be awesome but now it feels so impersonable?

Yeah, I agree it would be cool to play as my custom chief throughout the game, but I don't think it makes a big difference in the long run.

and don't forget to change those avatars (or atleast your sig)

[quote name='Drakken']Heh, I have the triforce as well.

It's so much fun on XBL, just as I thought it would be. It's too bad you can't choose exactly what type of game you want to play (unless you do a custom one with friends), but I understand Bungie's reasoning.[/quote]

Yeah I think it works great to keep people from dominating a certain game type or a specific map. It really means players have to be more well-rounded in their skills if they want to advance in the experience levels.

[quote name='Trakan']Anyone else notice some celebrity voices? I recognized Donna and Fez from That 70's Show. :roll:[/quote]

Supposedly David Cross is in there somewhere. I've yet to hear him though.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Anyone else notice some celebrity voices? I recognized Donna and Fez from That 70's Show. :roll:[/quote]

Supposedly David Cross is in there somewhere. I've yet to hear him though.[/quote]

The guy in the armory at the very beginning of the game.

Possible spoilers don't read if you're not very far into the game!!!

Hey guys, I'm at the part where you play as one of the Covenant and you have to kill the heretic leader. My problem is I'm at the certain point when you're in the Banshees and you have to, I'm guessing, shoot down his aircraft.

But for some reason, I can't figure out how to actually get into the aircraft or destroy it. I've sat there for about 10-15 minutes blasting away at the plane, and, I've tried shooting at the door to the plane and then I've even tried jumping on the plane and trying to get in, each and everyone has not worked.

Can you guys help me out? I've looked everywhere on the net and can't find anything about it.

you dont have to kill those banshees. Cortana gives you a icon thing directing you where to go. and if you want to kill the banshees you can shoot your missile things (B button). and by the way i dont think you can kill the heretic leasder until the designated part of the level. at least i couldn't.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Nematode']First, the game is great. BUt I want to know why they didn't allow your personalized MP suit to be added to the SP as well? That would be awesome but now it feels so impersonable?[/quote]

Huh? You barely even see your character unless you mean in cut scenes? I think it would have been cool, but in no way does it hurt the game or make it less impersonable.[/quote]

I wasn't exactly clear. I have been playing the coop so I see my roomate and he sees me and we both look the same. Kinda dull. But by no means does it retract from the game, its still great. And if they could add it to cut scenes too, that would be fantastic, but I am sure that would be a hassle and probably lead to poor cut-scene graphics.

[quote name='whiteboy']you dont have to kill those banshees. Cortana gives you a icon thing directing you where to go. and if you want to kill the banshees you can shoot your missile things (B button). and by the way i dont think you can kill the heretic leasder until the designated part of the level. at least i couldn't.[/quote]

Ahhh, okay. I'll try that. It's kinda misleading, in my opinion, because they have an arrow showing where the Leader is at, and that makes me think that I need to get at him right then.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='whiteboy']you dont have to kill those banshees. Cortana gives you a icon thing directing you where to go. and if you want to kill the banshees you can shoot your missile things (B button). and by the way i dont think you can kill the heretic leasder until the designated part of the level. at least i couldn't.[/quote]

Ahhh, okay. I'll try that. It's kinda misleading, in my opinion, because they have an arrow showing where the Leader is at, and that makes me think that I need to get at him right then.[/quote]

The arrow is pointing to a guy on your team, not the enemy leader. The larger ship is helping you.

I was playing with a friend online yesterday and he mentioned to me that you can not save the game when playing co-op campaign.

In the original the game it would only save after you completed an entire level does this hold true in halo 2?

[quote name='flybrione']I was playing with a friend online yesterday and he mentioned to me that you can not save the game when playing co-op campaign.

In the original the game it would only save after you completed an entire level does this hold true in halo 2?[/quote]

When playing co-op, yes. If you're playing solo, it will do checkpoint saves as it always has.

I thought I'd start making a DLC wishlist.
I know the game just came out, but that doesnt mean I can't dream.

other than the obvious like some new maps, I was thinking mines would be fun, especially remote mines.
I would love watch a warthog blow up at the push of a button.

How about you guys?

Spoilers...

Wow, I beat the game last night, and that quite a cliffhanger ending, if you can even call it an ending. Kind of short, only took me about 7-8 hours on normal difficulty.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='whiteboy']you dont have to kill those banshees. Cortana gives you a icon thing directing you where to go. and if you want to kill the banshees you can shoot your missile things (B button). and by the way i dont think you can kill the heretic leasder until the designated part of the level. at least i couldn't.[/quote]

Ahhh, okay. I'll try that. It's kinda misleading, in my opinion, because they have an arrow showing where the Leader is at, and that makes me think that I need to get at him right then.[/quote]

The arrow is pointing to a guy on your team, not the enemy leader. The larger ship is helping you.[/quote]

Wow, don't I feel like an ass. :oops: I was actually wondering why the ship was always targeting my little buddies and not me. Now I guess I know why.

But I could have sworn there was an arrow saying the leader was in the mother ship.

[quote name='Milkyman']does "quickmatch" take forever to get you guys in a game or is it just me?[/quote]

Yah its pretty long for me too, maybe a 3 to 4 min wait for a 6 min game....

[quote name='Trakan']Spoilers...

totally agree with you man, expected more from the story. I also wanted to do more battle on earth. It is all illrelevant now because the multiplayer is so damn fun.

Wow, I beat the game last night, and that quite a cliffhanger ending, if you can even call it an ending. Kind of short, only took me about 7-8 hours on normal difficulty.[/quote]

bread's done
Back