OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

Ya, this would make things nuts. Would almost justify the cliffhanger ending (well almost). Unless they are milking the cow. Which in any event is pretty friggin cool.

Could just be downloadable content. Maybe the friggin ending!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

judging by the pain and suffering they claim went on to finish halo2 (as depecited on the LE DVD) i doubt they could pull together an entire other game in less than a few months. of course, that could just be PR hype.

my vote is for downloadable content. 2 or 3 new levels with a proper ending.

My Xbox 2 Month Free Trail card got bent and ripped a little bit. I'm thinking about exchanging it for a new one. I'm one of these people that likes everything to be kept mint. I'm not sure if I will though.

Yeah, I bet they have a DL level or two.....the ending sucked balls. I thought I had more to go, and NOTHING....I was like WTF, that was pointless

Also, I thought it was supposed to unlock a muliplayer level....nope....oh well, back to LIVE Play not, don't have to deal with 1-player any more.

[quote name='jalu6']judging by the pain and suffering they claim went on to finish halo2 (as depecited on the LE DVD) i doubt they could pull together an entire other game in less than a few months. of course, that could just be PR hype.

my vote is for downloadable content. 2 or 3 new levels with a proper ending.[/quote]

Right, but Halo 2 took two or three years to make -- a long time for that short of a game. It's not impossible for them to have been working on Halo 3 throughout this whole time and have just been sitting on Halo 2. It's entirely possible and feasible. It's not likely, but it is feasible. They did it with Zelda.. man, that announcement blew my socks off.

If you look at the timeline they had on the wall, quite a bit of it was actually getting the code down right. Using the H2 engine, they could throw out a new chapter pretty damn quick, especially if they were planning on it.

Any way you put it...if its something i have to pay for, i'll be at least a little upset.

Exactly. If something's a followup, as a general rule of thumb, it doesn't stray far from the previous versions (Star Wars is the exception to the rule :p).. so yeah, theoretically, they could've been developing Halo 2 with like 40 levels, then a few months ago just decide to cut it off, break it into two games, and double the profits. It's an extremely smart move.

well, according to this weeks bungie update, they claim that there will be new downloadable multiplayer maps, but most likely there will not be any new downloadable campaign stuff. of course, they could just be a bunch of liars.

link

Somethings I have noticed

The whack is weaker.
Needlers still suck, no matter what they say
I hate not having a health bar and only shields

Does anybody know if headshots account for more damange?

[quote name='sying']Somethings I have noticed

The whack is weaker.

Does anybody know if headshots account for more damange?[/quote]

The melee damage varies with different weapons. Needlers take a while to do their full damage and usually by that time you're dead. So yeah, I think they still suck.

[quote name='sying']Somethings I have noticed

The whack is weaker.

Does anybody know if headshots account for more damange?[/quote]

The melee attack or "Doof" as me and a group of friends call it depends on the weapon and shouldn't be done unless you're behind your opponent. The needler sucks, but if you combine it with another weapon, it's deadly. Needler/Needler combo is awesome. My favorite is Needler/Plasma Rifle. You still have a couple of shots left while your shield is gone, although you can see it. I personally love the new health system.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='jalu6']judging by the pain and suffering they claim went on to finish halo2 (as depecited on the LE DVD) i doubt they could pull together an entire other game in less than a few months. of course, that could just be PR hype.

my vote is for downloadable content. 2 or 3 new levels with a proper ending.[/quote]

Right, but Halo 2 took two or three years to make -- a long time for that short of a game. It's not impossible for them to have been working on Halo 3 throughout this whole time and have just been sitting on Halo 2. It's entirely possible and feasible. It's not likely, but it is feasible. They did it with Zelda.. man, that announcement blew my socks off.[/quote]
I think that the version of Halo that currently on Xbox was put together in less then a year, so it might be possible for them to quickly make another one in a few months if they were using the same engine. However, I doubt that Halo 3 will be coming out anytime soon.

Hey, I found out some really awesome sites that show some glitches of Halo 2. And if you have an account on Gamefaqs.com and saw the recent post of that guy who posted a pic of him on top the highest crane on the map Headlong, which you wouldnt be able to get on with a Banshee. These movies one of them shows a glitch of flying without any vehicle for a period of time. The other is Sword cancelling which is awesome after you watch it, (makes you able get higher than a banshee). Here are the links:

For flying glitch:
files.mythica.org/halo/darkhelmet/crazyjack2.wmv (you will have to control copy this link) ok now how to do it:
HOW TO DO IT:

OK, first off, you need two players, with swords equipped as a main weapon. You also need to be in Coagulation, since this seems to be the best place to do this.

Now, have someone face a warthog on a far side of the level, to where the passenger side is facing the entire rest of the map. Get someone to get into the passenger seat, with their sword equipped. Now, go up to the passenger seat and have the persone sitting there aim their sword at you, to where their reticule turns red. Have them swing the sword. The sword shouldnt move, you shouldnt take any damage, and only the "whoosh" sound happened.

Now, get to the other side of the level in a Banshee while your friend is still in the passenger seat of the warthog. When you have reached the other side and your in the air with the banshee, have the player exit the warthog with X. They should go flying across the level, hit your Banshee, and can jack it if they want. They can even switch weapons in midair and shoot everyone before they reach you.

For Sword canceling AKA getting to higher places where Banshees cannot go!:
http://www.nhgz.com/hosted/oryan/videos/BasicsofFlying_LowRes.wmv

PS: Another tactic not really a cheat: Ok go to blood gulch and go to the banshee garage, destroy the banshee and a chunk should fall off. now use grenades or melee it to the little gravity elevator it should get stuck. Now go to the gravity elevator an now you should get stuck. It is a really good way to own people and to base guard if you are defense for CTF.

[quote name='Trakan']I got my first Killimanjaro today!!! \:D/[/quote]

Just got my first a little while ago. I've been playig for about 4 hours straight. My hands hurt.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Othergods']One more stupid question, WHen I am on XBL the team chat will come through my tv speaker and not my headset, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I repeatedly press the white button and it seems to go back to my headset but I have no idea if the white button is helping.

THanks again.[/quote]

In your profile settings, there is an option for voice output. From there, you can choose what you will hear on your speakers or your headset.[/quote]
Ok just so that I understand (I am a little slow) In regular settings if I just talk only people close to me can hear me, if I hold down the white button and talk everyone on my team can hear me. Is this correct?

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Othergods']One more stupid question, WHen I am on XBL the team chat will come through my tv speaker and not my headset, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I repeatedly press the white button and it seems to go back to my headset but I have no idea if the white button is helping.

THanks again.[/quote]

In your profile settings, there is an option for voice output. From there, you can choose what you will hear on your speakers or your headset.[/quote]
Ok just so that I understand (I am a little slow) In regular settings if I just talk only people close to me can hear me, if I hold down the white button and talk everyone on my team can hear me. Is this correct?[/quote]

Yep I think it is hilarious when I enter the other teams base and they are talking strategy but forget to press the white button

I think you're still gonna hear them even if they push the white button because you are close, unless I'm missing something. Some of my buddies thought it worked like that too.

Whoa that would make sense that you can still hear someone if you were close enough and they were using the white button. I have always wondered why teams werent using team talk for their strategies when I am in their base, but maybe they are! If it is true, I think it was a great idea by Bungie.

Sorry to get off topic but I was reading the review on IGN for the limited collectors edition and found this:

"Once you get in the tin, there's a bonus DVD filled with supplemental material. Oddly enough, some cases come with a mid-flap to separate the DVDs, but mine came with one on top of the other, which is a little disappointing."

Is this true, are there some Halo 2 LCE that have a mid-flap to seperate the DVDs?

[quote name='MadFlava']Sorry to get off topic but I was reading the review on IGN for the limited collectors edition and found this:

"Once you get in the tin, there's a bonus DVD filled with supplemental material. Oddly enough, some cases come with a mid-flap to separate the DVDs, but mine came with one on top of the other, which is a little disappointing."

Is this true, are there some Halo 2 LCE that have a mid-flap to seperate the DVDs?[/quote]

Mine does not. :censored:

Nor does mine. It would be worse if the second disc had more on it then special features which I am unlikely to watch more than once. As it is, the special features disc just sits there on the bottom, as if it were part of the case itself.

The game disc hasn't exactly returned to its case yet, so I guess I'm not well versed on the effects of the crappy disc-on-disc setup. Even Silent Hill 3 had a mid-flap, and that didn't cost additional money...

well, it looks like bungie just denied the entire February 9th thing, saying it was an internet troll that got picked up by legit game publications. I guess we should have asked for a screenshot.

unless bungie is lying to screw with us. but who knows?

link

[quote name='MadFlava']Sorry to get off topic but I was reading the review on IGN for the limited collectors edition and found this:

Is this true, are there some Halo 2 LCE that have a mid-flap to seperate the DVDs?[/quote]
Maybe just reviewers got the good boxes.

idk if it was said already but the halo 2 LE has a different game manual blue with a covenant elite on it while the regular version has a master chief on the cover

what do u guys think is the best campaign level? mines graveyard

[quote name='greyzieoriental']idk if it was said already but the halo 2 LE has a different game manual blue with a covenant elite on it while the regular version has a master chief on the cover

what do u guys think is the best campaign level? mines graveyard[/quote]

Yeah, and the LE referes to you as a covenant. It has the species real names and refers to the human weapons as primitave tools.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='greyzieoriental']idk if it was said already but the halo 2 LE has a different game manual blue with a covenant elite on it while the regular version has a master chief on the cover

what do u guys think is the best campaign level? mines graveyard[/quote]

Yeah, and the LE referes to you as a covenant. It has the species real names and refers to the human weapons as primitave tools.[/quote]

That's pretty cool. Didn't know. Was wondering why they weren't referred to as Brutes, Elites, etc.

I beat the game on Normal mode today (finally had some free time). I was pleased with the experience overall. I really like the weapons in the game. The Carbine was a great weapon. It had good power, range, and accuracy. The Beam Rifle is sweet despite the limited ammo.

I thought the length was just right. Not too long and not too short.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I beat the game on Normal mode today (finally had some free time). I was pleased with the experience overall. I really like the weapons in the game. The Carbine was a great weapon. It had good power, range, and accuracy. The Beam Rifle is sweet despite the limited ammo.

I thought the length was just right. Not too long and not too short.[/quote]

I was also pleased with the experience overall, but I thought it was a bit too short. I suck with the Carbine. I never use it. :p I really like the beam rifle. If you don't overheat it at all, it comes with 20 shots. Mmm.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Where can I get a list of all the campaign levels?...[/quote]
****SPOILERS****
The Heretic
Armory
Cairo Station
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Sacred Icon
Quarantine Zone
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
****END SPOILERS****

SO I tried to play hte campaign on legendary today...things did not go well. Man they are not afreid to shoot you in the head huh. I gave up after a coupla checkpoints and made myself feel better by playing a little mulitplayer on Live.

From IGN.com

Games to Film: Halo and Ridley Scott
May cause gamers to completely freak.

November 19, 2004 - Ridley Scott, the man behind such highly respected genre fare as Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator, may direct a movie based the hit gaming franchise Halo. The Ain't It Cool News website broke the news last night and gaming fans around the globe have already begun wetting themselves with excitement.

A scooper for the site says that producers Ronald Shusett and Daniel Alter have talked to Ridley's Scott Free productions about the project. The source adds that Scott had actually been approached about Halo in the past and wasn't interested, but now that sales of Halo 2 have blown the roof off the place that may change.

We checked with our own sources about the Halo film project and they claim that Ridley has been hesitant to take on the project in the past because he hasn't seen "a world for a story." Yes, we can hear all of you screaming at your computer screens. It will do no good. No doubt the "Get Sir Ridley for Halo" petitions will be circulating within minutes. Our source says there's a potential storyline being cooked up, but that Scott won't be approached again until the story is cracked with excellence.

The recently released Halo 2 smashed sales records and has surely captured the attention of movie moguls. In the sequel, players take on the role of Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super-soldier who is the only thing standing between the relentless Covenant and the destruction of all humankind.

It seems appropriate here to blurb IGN Xbox's Doug Perry, who included a bit of unintentional foreshadowing in his review of Halo 2. Doug says, "Halo was a game about exploring a single ring, and in that it's like the movie Alien. Halo 2 is like Aliens. The first Alien movie was about learning the parameters of a single creature. The second movie was an onslaught of aliens, multiple plots and sub-plots, and conspiracies. It was bigger in scope and more encompassing in its ambition than the first. Halo 2 is a massive expansion of the original story in every aspect. The story is more complex, and to a much greater extent than its predecessor it's more vast, more mysterious, and ultimately, a much meatier one. Just like Aliens, it is bigger in scope and more encompassing in ambition than its predecessor."

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I beat the game on Normal mode today (finally had some free time). I was pleased with the experience overall. I really like the weapons in the game. The Carbine was a great weapon. It had good power, range, and accuracy. The Beam Rifle is sweet despite the limited ammo.

In terms of length it was good, but I think that I would have liked it to be longer if a couple of things were true:

*Spoilers*

1) The latter half of the game did not (with the exception of the Arbiter missions) feel so been-there-done-that. The levels were too familiar, and goddamnit the flood are not fun to fight. They weren't the first time, they aren't again.

2) It did not end with a lame cliffhanger. Not even a good cliffhanger. And the snippet at the end of the credits made me more agitated (because it out-lamed the lameness that was seeing Chief on the cusp of fighting it out back on Earth but not being able to play it yet)

*End Spoilers*

In the end, though, I definitely had fun playing through it.

[quote name='zewone']You can hear if they use the white button or not.[/quote]

I did not realize this. Very cool. Thanks for the info Zewone.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='GuilewasNK']I beat the game on Normal mode today (finally had some free time). I was pleased with the experience overall. I really like the weapons in the game. The Carbine was a great weapon. It had good power, range, and accuracy. The Beam Rifle is sweet despite the limited ammo.

In terms of length it was good, but I think that I would have liked it to be longer if a couple of things were true:

*Spoilers*

1) The latter half of the game did not (with the exception of the Arbiter missions) feel so been-there-done-that. The levels were too familiar, and goddamnit the flood are not fun to fight. They weren't the first time, they aren't again.

2) It did not end with a lame cliffhanger. Not even a good cliffhanger. And the snippet at the end of the credits made me more agitated (because it out-lamed the lameness that was seeing Chief on the cusp of fighting it out back on Earth but not being able to play it yet)

*End Spoilers*

In the end, though, I definitely had fun playing through it.[/quote]

I just finished it this weekend. I've been too busy playing online. I was reading all the negative posts and thought everyone was crazy. Till I got to the end. Going through the same levels back and forth was boring.

But the absolute worst part of it all was the last mission. You get to this man eating plant thing who tells you some stuff and sends you and the arbiter out on solo missions. The arbiter's mission concludes with an easy battle that I couldn't believe ended so quickly. You cut back to the chief on the ship and then...that's it. I appericiate stories. I work in Hollywood. I understand sequels. This did not end like a sequel, it ended like an unfinished script. I felt cheated.

Bungie hyped this game as the invasion of earth (never really happened). Bungie also said there would be no sequel (bullsh*t).I LOVE Halo. I love the multi-player. The first story line was so much better than this one. It was completely ridiculous. There was so much creativity in the first half. The game dies right after you kill the first prophet. Then its just more of the same. I think Pac Man is less repetitive plus you actually get a story conclusion at the end. I was sitting in my bedroom while my girlfriend took a nap and work her up screaming, "that's it....that's all there is????"

Its funny that the multi-player was designed by a handful of guys and the single-player took a team of them. In the future, I will not be standing in line at midnight for Halo 3. I'll wait till it comes down in price. Then I will feel I got my monies worth. Sorry for the rant.

I agree, its like I was taking orders from the Pipe plants from Super Mario Brothers 3. Oh well, at least there is online

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Feeeeeeed me, Baaaaaaaaabay![/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

Nice

bread's done
Back