OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

[quote name='studio']I thought I'd start making a DLC wishlist.
I know the game just came out, but that doesnt mean I can't dream.

other than the obvious like some new maps, I was thinking mines would be fun, especially remote mines.
I would love watch a warthog blow up at the push of a button.

How about you guys?[/quote]

I doubt they will bring back the original pistol but I would like to see the original SMG come back.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Anyone else notice some celebrity voices? I recognized Donna and Fez from That 70's Show. :roll:[/quote]

Supposedly David Cross is in there somewhere. I've yet to hear him though.[/quote]

He's a marine. I first heard him in the 2nd level, but I have heard him a couple times throughout.

Ok, so who has beaten this on Legendary? My friend and I just beat the last boss on Legendary, and holy fuck it took us forever. It is just about the single hardest boss I have ever fought. The level took us about 45 minutes to get through, and the boss took us another 3 hours. It is the most frustrating boss. It isn't that he is that hard to kill, it is just staying alive for long enough is difficult. His one hit kills, the waves of guys he sends after you, his invulnerability, the fact that the only time he loses his invulnerability is when your AI buddies aren't being completely stupid, it all adds up to make a very frustrating boss. He made Ninja Gaiden seem simple.

Spoilers, obviously.

The final boss? The one with that hammer or whatever? I was running around the level. I guess the other AI took care of him though, because I ran around for a good 10 or 15 minutes.. never fired a shot on that guy.. I heard "His shield's down! Get him!".. I fired literally one bullet and it killed him.

I didn't think that was a boss.. I should replay the level.

Does anyone have some good advice on how to get quick kills on live? It seems like everything fucking game I lead in assists but never in kills. I'll see someone, start shooting at them first, and end up in a point blank fire fight with them and 9 times out of 10 I lose. It's really frusterating. I've found the only way I stand any chance is if I duel wield SMG's or get lucky and end up with the sword. Does anyone have any advice on how to actually get some more kills? I pretty much only play death matches since I really don't care for co-op play too much.

[quote name='jimbodan']Does anyone have some good advice on how to get quick kills on live? It seems like everything shaq-fuing game I lead in assists but never in kills. I'll see someone, start shooting at them first, and end up in a point blank fire fight with them and 9 times out of 10 I lose. It's really frusterating. I've found the only way I stand any chance is if I duel wield SMG's or get lucky and end up with the sword. Does anyone have any advice on how to actually get some more kills? I pretty much only play death matches since I really don't care for co-op play too much.[/quote]

Whenever someone rushes into my face with the SMG i try to get them with the melee attack it works pretty well especially if you've softened them up already.

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='studio']I thought I'd start making a DLC wishlist.
I know the game just came out, but that doesnt mean I can't dream.

other than the obvious like some new maps, I was thinking mines would be fun, especially remote mines.
I would love watch a warthog blow up at the push of a button.

How about you guys?[/quote]

I doubt they will bring back the original pistol but I would like to see the original SMG come back.[/quote]

The assault rifle you mean? Bleh

I'd definitely want the pistol. I feel this game is lacking in power-from-precision type weapons. You'd have to dual-wield Magnums to get a similar effect, and you can't zoom! Bah.

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='jimbodan']Does anyone have some good advice on how to get quick kills on live? It seems like everything shaq-fuing game I lead in assists but never in kills. I'll see someone, start shooting at them first, and end up in a point blank fire fight with them and 9 times out of 10 I lose. It's really frusterating. I've found the only way I stand any chance is if I duel wield SMG's or get lucky and end up with the sword. Does anyone have any advice on how to actually get some more kills? I pretty much only play death matches since I really don't care for co-op play too much.[/quote]

Whenever someone rushes into my face with the SMG i try to get them with the melee attack it works pretty well especially if you've softened them up already.[/quote]
Ditto, I start shooting and we work our way towards each other and when we get face to face, Bam! Rifle to the Face and they usually die. If you are dual weilding you will lose your left hand gun.

[quote name='Scorch']Spoilers, obviously.

The final boss? The one with that hammer or whatever? I was running around the level. I guess the other AI took care of him though, because I ran around for a good 10 or 15 minutes.. never fired a shot on that guy.. I heard "His shield's down! Get him!".. I fired literally one bullet and it killed him.

I didn't think that was a boss.. I should replay the level.[/quote]

Try it on legendary. He is well nigh impossible. One hit kills from both him and his gang members, the AI sniper shoots about every 20 seconds, but only hits about 1 out of 5 shots, and you have to hurt him about 8 times while his shield is down. It is fucking hard as hell. My friend and I mastered the idiosyncracies of the level. The easiest way to survive the inital firefight is to run, jump over the brutes, and then jump to the middle platform. You can then wait for Tartarus to jump over, and because he is in the middle of a script, you can try to block his path. My friend and I made him run in place for 30 seconds. He was invincible, but it was still funny.

OK Probably a stupid question, but I could not find it in the book. While online you have a ranking, does this change or reset? what affects it? Today when I looked at it in the friends menu it was a 4 but when I went back to the game menu I was playing it was a 1 and changed to a 2. Just a little clarification would help. thanks

Anyone who can't play this one LIVE, like me, should really play on XBC. The lag from the first game is gone, whether you host or join games. You can actually make your own games and play by your own rules with as many people as you want. The only drawback is your stats aren't kept track of, which I personally don't care about at all. I just want to play the game. I tried playing on Live at a friend's house, and I personally thought it was terrible the way it was set up. (Only one person can join ranked games, they kind of just throw you into a game instead of making your own.)

[quote name='Ledhed']Well, add me to the list of people who have completed the Campaign. Also, be sure to watch after the credits.[/quote]

Ditto. Finally completed it a few hours ago.

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='jimbodan']Does anyone have some good advice on how to get quick kills on live? It seems like everything shaq-fuing game I lead in assists but never in kills. I'll see someone, start shooting at them first, and end up in a point blank fire fight with them and 9 times out of 10 I lose. It's really frusterating. I've found the only way I stand any chance is if I duel wield SMG's or get lucky and end up with the sword. Does anyone have any advice on how to actually get some more kills? I pretty much only play death matches since I really don't care for co-op play too much.[/quote]

Whenever someone rushes into my face with the SMG i try to get them with the melee attack it works pretty well especially if you've softened them up already.[/quote]
Ditto, I start shooting and we work our way towards each other and when we get face to face, Bam! Rifle to the Face and they usually die. If you are dual weilding you will lose your left hand gun.[/quote]

I find killing by running over in vehicles quite easy. Also learn where the rocket launcher and energy sword are in each level

Has anyone unlocked the supposed multiplayer level you're suppose to get after completing the game on any difficulty? I beat the game on normal, and I got no such level.

[quote name='bignick']How many levels are there in camaign mode?[/quote]

15, but 2 are really like intro/tutorials.

[quote name='akirasplace']Has anyone unlocked the supposed multiplayer level you're suppose to get after completing the game on any difficulty? I beat the game on normal, and I got no such level.[/quote]

I think it's a rumor. I beat it on normal and got nothing. I'm guessing if anything, there's a small extra scene if you beat it on legendary.

Hey, XBL for Halo 2 is awesome. The best way to kill someone fast and easy is to always throw a grenade at them. 50% of the time it hits them and makes their shield go down. Then shoot them or melee if you wanna kill them with fun :).

[quote name='God']Hey, XBL for Halo 2 is awesome. The best way to kill someone fast and easy is to always throw a grenade at them. 50% of the time it hits them and makes their shield go down. Then shoot them or melee if you wanna kill them with fun :).[/quote]

Wait, you mean fun can actually kill? :lol: :wink:

[quote name='Trakan']Led, your sig isn't working.[/quote]

I just got it working. It's odd. I was able to use the Bungie site image location for my avatar. But when I tried to put it in my sig, it wouldn't show up. Go figure.

Who loves auto targeting with the rocket launcher? I love it when it follows, for example a banshee and it explodes in mid-air.

[quote name='Gauss']Who loves auto targeting with the rocket launcher? I love it when it follows, for example a banshee and it explodes in mid-air.[/quote]

Very cool, I agree. I love the beep of the targeting reticule. Seeing it track down the Banshee or Ghost as they run is great.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='akirasplace']Has anyone unlocked the supposed multiplayer level you're suppose to get after completing the game on any difficulty? I beat the game on normal, and I got no such level.[/quote]

I think it's a rumor. I beat it on normal and got nothing. I'm guessing if anything, there's a small extra scene if you beat it on legendary.[/quote]

I beat the final mission on Legendary (which was all it took in the first game, I think) and I got nothing.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='God']Hey, XBL for Halo 2 is awesome. The best way to kill someone fast and easy is to always throw a grenade at them. 50% of the time it hits them and makes their shield go down. Then shoot them or melee if you wanna kill them with fun :).[/quote]

Wait, you mean fun can actually kill? :lol: :wink:[/quote]

Well, kindness can, so I assume fun can too.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='akirasplace']Has anyone unlocked the supposed multiplayer level you're suppose to get after completing the game on any difficulty? I beat the game on normal, and I got no such level.[/quote]

I think it's a rumor. I beat it on normal and got nothing. I'm guessing if anything, there's a small extra scene if you beat it on legendary.[/quote]

I beat the final mission on Legendary (which was all it took in the first game, I think) and I got nothing.[/quote]

Trek on over to the Xbox channel on IGN.. they have an overview of how to unlock the extra multiplayer map.

Here's the link for the Foundation level

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/565/565941p1.html

Has anyone tried blind mode? I read about it on another board and I tried it. You pick up a skull in Cairo Station and it says blind mode. Everything disappears on your screen, such as your actual weapon and health. The skull can be used to melee. I don't know how to turn it off. I think it affects all other levels in campaign mode, but doesn't affect multiplayer.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Gauss']Who loves auto targeting with the rocket launcher? I love it when it follows, for example a banshee and it explodes in mid-air.[/quote]

Very cool, I agree. I love the beep of the targeting reticule. Seeing it track down the Banshee or Ghost as they run is great.[/quote]

Yeah, I love the beeping sound to then when you release it, and see the explosin it looks awesome.

I'm very pleased with how the rocket-tracking was implemented. The fact that you have to take the time to lock on before firing balances the tracking. In the E3 demo, it seemed to happen automatically. Glad they changed that.

I just unlocked the Foundation level. Took about 10 minutes on the easy difficulty. I just rushed through everything, got the banshee and did the tricks and then beat the level. I like the level, reminds me of Wizard from the first game.

Zewone, I didn't either. I have a 2nd controller, and I just played player 2. Player 1 sat there the whole time and every once in a while when I would reach a checkpoint would spawn there. You only need 1 person, 2 controllers.

I love the stat tracking on bungie.net. I just recently found a poster on gamefaqs.com bragging about how he "consistantly places top three." So I went to his stats pages, and copy and pasted his stats that showed his last ten rounds he averaged 7th place. Hilarious.

[quote name='bankson']I love the stat tracking on bungie.net. I just recently found a poster on gamefaqs.com bragging about how he "consistantly places top three." So I went to his stats pages, and copy and pasted his stats that showed his last ten rounds he averaged 7th place. Hilarious.[/quote]

Go back and edit your post with the word "OLSEN'D" under it. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone tried blind mode? I read about it on another board and I tried it. You pick up a skull in Cairo Station and it says blind mode. Everything disappears on your screen, such as your actual weapon and health. The skull can be used to melee. I don't know how to turn it off. I think it affects all other levels in campaign mode, but doesn't affect multiplayer.[/quote]

Nobody's heard of blind mode, eh?

I just got back form my cousin's house. We beat the game this morning. We didn't expect it to end the way it did. I, personally, didn't like the ending, nor did I like the game itself compared to the original. It had great gameplay, with a storyline that felt like it was thrown together in a rush, some nice additions, but in the end, it all made for an above average game.

All that's left for me to do it go online, and I will sometime next week.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I just got back form my cousin's house. We beat the game this morning. We didn't expect it to end the way it did. I, personally, didn't like the ending, nor did I like the game itself compared to the original. It had great gameplay, with a storyline that felt like it was thrown together in a rush, some nice additions, but in the end, it all made for an above average game.

All that's left for me to do it go online, and I will sometime next week.[/quote]

my friend said the same thing about the SP. He finished the game tonight and was extremely disappionted.

He is going to bring his Xbox over next weekend probably and we are going to beat the game in CO-OP (though I will be beating MGS 3 before I even touch Halo 2 )

wow... i just beat halo 2... i wasnt expecting it to end where it did... it was loading and i was like.. COME ON I"M READY TO CONTINUE KILLING! then it shows a video and credits roll and i'm like... uh.... gay.. plus you cant exit the credits so i just turned it off without saving. guess i can start workin on san andreas again

possible SPOILERS

That would make sense if Cortona betrayed them...in the 2nd and third book, her personality was changing due to having to much information and not enough free memory...and in the third book, first strike...she along with chief and a small team of soldiers took over a Convenant ship...their was enemy AI on the ship that appeared to affect her...I haven't started the campaign yet, as I wanted to finish the books first

[quote name='zewone']Posted for all those to lazy to go through link:

Unlockable: Foundation Multilplayer Map (w/ Glitch)

Unlock the hidden Foundation level by completing the single player campaign on any difficulty. Due to a serious glitch in the game (and one that will not be corrected), you will need to do the following to unlock the Foundation map for a specific profile:
Start a co-op game with a profile with access to the last episode (The Great Journey) and a completely fresh profile (i.e., one that has not even started the campaign game).

Fight to through the last episode until the players need to board Banshees to progress.

Have the new profile player perform a barrel roll (both directions) and a Loop-the-loop (stick down and A button).

Complete the game as usual and the new profile will have access to the Foundation Map. Since profiles may be renamed, you can delete your old profile and rename your new profile w/ the new map.[/quote]

Wow what a silly way to unlock a map. Hopefully they update the game on live and just give the map to folks.

One more stupid question, WHen I am on XBL the team chat will come through my tv speaker and not my headset, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I repeatedly press the white button and it seems to go back to my headset but I have no idea if the white button is helping.

THanks again.

On Friday I had an 8 person Halo 2 LAN party at my house, and then on Saturday I went over to a friend's house and played on Live. I must get broadband.

[quote name='Othergods']One more stupid question, WHen I am on XBL the team chat will come through my tv speaker and not my headset, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I repeatedly press the white button and it seems to go back to my headset but I have no idea if the white button is helping.

THanks again.[/quote]
Thats when people are just talking and not using teamchat. When you just talk, only the people standing near you in game can hear you, and through the TV.

[quote name='Othergods']One more stupid question, WHen I am on XBL the team chat will come through my tv speaker and not my headset, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I repeatedly press the white button and it seems to go back to my headset but I have no idea if the white button is helping.

THanks again.[/quote]

In your profile settings, there is an option for voice output. From there, you can choose what you will hear on your speakers or your headset.

On Friday night, we had our biggest Halo 2 LAN party yet! We had a total of 15 people, which may not seem like many, but I think it is for a town of 550 people! On another note: Has anyone noticed that while playing multiplayer, the vehicles are VERY choppy? I noticed it many times throughout our multiplayer matches. Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but I am too lazy to go back through all of these posts.

I guess I'm lagging behind. I'm probably almost done with the single player though....not sure yet. I think I put a 6 hours in that mode....so I figure another 2 and I'll be done....we'll see.

Multiplayer has been good though

Has anybody played any multiplayer on the unlockable Foundation level? It's pretty cool. Reminds me of a bigger version of the wizard. Some friends and I played it last night with rockets and that was fun.

bread's done
Back