Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Can ya get me another $40 monitor from Target that's sealed in the package? Then I'll ship ya a boxload of the cases.;)[/QUOTE]

LOL. I have literally 6-7 Targets within a 30 mile radius and I searched them all .. couldn't find even one of those monitors at a clearance price. I wish!

[quote name='HydroX']LOL. I have literally 6-7 Targets within a 30 mile radius and I searched them all .. couldn't find even one of those monitors at a clearance price. I wish![/QUOTE]
That one that I bought was someone's stinkin' return, which I had to go out of town and return/rebuy to get at the $40 price. For $40 I'm ok with it having been a used return, since I still have 60-ish days to return it if it starts acting weird on me.;)

If that happens though, I'll just tell them to gimme one of the newer model and get a $5 adapter from NewEgg to convert the DVI port to an HDMI one.:D

My local Movie Gallery's are closing. Games are just 20% off and still way overpriced.

One of the MG's had their old dvd's for 3.99 a pop, but the upped the price to 7.99. Screw that, most of em are cheaper at amazon and walmart.

Went to the Movie Gallery in Aubrey, TX (Near Dallas). They said tomorrow was their last day and they were only at 30% off. I asked why it wasn't lower and they said they're transferring all their stock to remaining stores. They had a TON of good stuff (Street Fighter 4, CoD:MW 2, Metro 2033), but at 30% off, nothing was really worth it. I guess what we'll have to do is find the very last stores that are closing and hit them up when they get to at least 50% off.

Went to a Movie Gallery last week and then again yesterday.
The first time I went I picked Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed 2, and a few Blurays.
This week the ps3 section was cleaned out. :(

Yeah, the company that is running this round of liquidations seems to be operating much differently than the company that had the first wave. I have noticed many stores that have already closed around 20-30% and shipped their inventory to other stores in the area, versus each stores staying open basically until everything was gone (usually 80-90% off for games, DVD's usually $1or 12/$10).

Suffice to say, I liked the old company better. If we ever want to get some of the games at a decent rate, I have a feeling we're gonna have to travel to these few, concentrated stores that are receiving the excess inventory, and allowed to stay open until the higher percentages.

I was told that the new liquidation company is the same buffoons who did the CC clearance back in the day.

EDIT: I also have a bunch of cases w/art+manual on my tradelist if anyone is looking for some. My prices are reasonable, as opposed to $5 for some cases. :p *looks at IATCG*

[quote name='dabamus']I was told that the new liquidation company is the same buffoons who did the CC clearance back in the day.

EDIT: I also have a bunch of cases w/art+manual on my tradelist if anyone is looking for some. My prices are reasonable, as opposed to $5 for some cases. :p *looks at IATCG*[/QUOTE]

A bunch? Define 'a bunch'.

I have approximately (figuring on average about 90-ish cases per Game Crazy logo emblazoned paper bag at 8 bags loaded to the brim with a combination of PS3/360/Wii/PS2 cases of varying degrees of completeness)somewhere in the range of 800 or so cases just waiting for homes as of now.:lol:

The cute cashier ran out of GC bags, so she went to the back and found a toilet paper box to load up the end of the cases into.

I went in and cherry picked the Bad Company 2 and other more recent stuff yesterday and the hoarder in me went back today and cleared out the rest of the cases.

I figured even if I sell them in bulk lots sans any artwork or manuals I could still at least make my money back and get these into the hands of CAG's looking for replacement cases.

I've already started removing the 'display only' red triangular stickers, but I'm going to have to go back over the 360 cases with some lighter fluid to remove the residue from the square silver colored Game Vault stickers.

The 360 cases seem to be an even split of the older version ones and those 'eco' bullshit ones with the big holes in the cases under the artwork. The Wii ones seem to be fairly split down the middle between the standard Wii cases and those with the holds in the side that opens to allow for a security strip to lock the case shut.

My one friend, the girl working the cash register at the unlucky store I chose to hit and I all got a fair amount of exercise from hauling/counting the cases.

And....how dare I want like $5 for a replacement case/artwork/manual and possibly VIP code for Bad Company 2, huh? :razz: I think it'd be fair, especially if the VIP codes work.

I'm just pissed that I missed out on the God Of War 3 cases that were all complete.:bomb:

Since I'm helping a buddy move on Tuesday and I haven't slept for like 2 1/2 days now, I'm probably gonna crash in a bit and be useless for like 14 hours. So I doubt I'm gonna get my super ultra massive game case replacement list up and running anytime soon.

A bunch to me is 300-400, which is what I have.

Also, I would sell the VIP codes seperately if I were you.

EDIT: have fun going through all those cases. :D It's a real pain. :D

[quote name='dabamus']A bunch to me is 300-400, which is what I have.

Also, I would sell the VIP codes seperately if I were you.

EDIT: have fun going through all those cases. :D It's a real pain. :D[/QUOTE]
I'm finding this out already, though I wish there were some way I could test the VIP codes w/o using them to know that they're legit, so that I don't have to worry about someone saying I sold them a dead code.

For all I know someone could've come in with their camera phone and snapped pics of the code vouchers and sold/used all of them already.:roll:

Hit a jackpot. Got 5 MPTs, one is already in the mail to someone. Also got Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner, Guilty Gear X, MGS 2 Substance, and FF 3 DS all for 40% off. Still 4 MPTs left if anyone is interested, only problem is the HWV with them is 45 minutes away.
4715760338_68c59c62cb.jpg

Went to the HWV that was suppose to be open... but it had a "FOR LEASE" sign on the front window -.-

Quick question (sorry if this has been asked already), but if a store isn't listed as "Store Closing" on the HWV website (using the store locator), does that mean they haven't started liquidating yet?

[quote name='akalboy']Went to the HWV that was suppose to be open... but it had a "FOR LEASE" sign on the front window -.-

Quick question (sorry if this has been asked already), but if a store isn't listed as "Store Closing" on the HWV website (using the store locator), does that mean they haven't started liquidating yet?[/QUOTE]
They should ALL be closing and liquidating at this point, since the company is on the way out and wasn't able to negotiate a deal to stay open.

picked up Imaginarium and Wanted on blu-ray for $17 combined...also got the rest of there 360 and PS3 cases...they only had 10 left :(

My store was closing today, and games were 70% off and movies were 90% off. Took me almost an hour to check out because the line was so long, but got amazing deals.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They should ALL be closing and liquidating at this point, since the company is on the way out and wasn't able to negotiate a deal to stay open.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay! I'll have to check out some other ones tomorrow and hope they're not closed yet :) Thanks!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm finding this out already, though I wish there were some way I could test the VIP codes w/o using them to know that they're legit, so that I don't have to worry about someone saying I sold them a dead code.

For all I know someone could've come in with their camera phone and snapped pics of the code vouchers and sold/used all of them already.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain, but I think on PS3 you can enter a code and it will tell you if it works before you agree to use it?

So all the HWV stores are closing everywhere, huh. As of...well, a little while ago (maybe a month or two), every store in Las Vegas is closed. Not a single store is open, cleared out, deserted.

BTW, if you have any HWV credit, you're going to get screwed!

[quote name='J7.']I'm not certain, but I think on PS3 you can enter a code and it will tell you if it works before you agree to use it?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, the code entry spot on the PS3(under account management) only allows for 12 letters/numbers to be inputted and the VIP codes are 16 numbers.:cry:

Personally, I think I'm gonna just give them away soon in my trade thread, but only to long time CAG's/those who contribute regularly. Every time someone else just gives away a stack of codes they don't even get so much as a thank you and the people don't even post that they used them.:roll:

Oh and krakrabbit, at the HWV that closed last month around here they still have some stuff sitting inside the store, including some long rental shelves and the gumball machine that they said they had a buyer for.:lol:

I'm tempted to call the company leasing the building and ask if they would let me in there to take out the shelves and various shit the HWV people left behind.:)

Mind ya, I have no place for rental shelves, but if I got 'em for free I could try n resell them to the local game stores.

It wouldn't hurt to try to get in and get some of the stuff the people left behind. When you say long rental shelves though, do you mean the shelves that the games/movies are put on? I know of a couple HWVs that still have those in there...but who has room for all that? :lol: Those things are huge!

P.S. sorry, but what are you guys talking about as far as VIP codes?

Oh hey this thread popped up again!

Ended up getting a new copy of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for $12 over the weekend ($20-40%).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']It wouldn't hurt to try to get in and get some of the stuff the people left behind. When you say long rental shelves though, do you mean the shelves that the games/movies are put on? I know of a couple HWVs that still have those in there...but who has room for all that? :lol: Those things are huge!

P.S. sorry, but what are you guys talking about as far as VIP codes?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. They have at least two sections of those long white rental shelves in the one store. They also left behind some probably nasty keyboards from their computers, the gumball machine and a bunch of other stuff.

What would make me laugh would be if they didn't take the disc buffing machine with them and I ended up getting THAT for free. :D I could easily sell that to one of the local shops for cleaning up their games/movies.

Anyway, we were talking about those VIP codes that came with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I picked up a bunch of the cases(a bunch is an understatement:lol:)and 4 out of 5 of them had the VIP code vouchers still in them.

But I don't know if there's a place I can test them online without having to download the 420mb update for BF:BC2 or not in order to get to the main menu where I think you enter the code in from.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Oh and krakrabbit, at the HWV that closed last month around here they still have some stuff sitting inside the store, including some long rental shelves and the gumball machine that they said they had a buyer for.:lol:
[/QUOTE]

...gumball machine's were supposed to be picked up by the company that owned them. They probably forgot to before the doors closed for good. ;)

When the HWV closed around here it looked like the employees ran through the store with sledge hammers before locking the doors permanently. Smashed glass, TVs, shelves, counter tops, everything that was left in there was destroyed.

[quote name='ackbar7']When the HWV closed around here it looked like the employees ran through the store with sledge hammers before locking the doors permanently. Smashed glass, TVs, shelves, counter tops, everything that was left in there was destroyed.[/QUOTE]

haha nice...i'm sure there are many employees who would love to do something like that but never would...

aleraiders asked "when is this store closing?"

disgruntled HWV employee answered "whenever we get the call"

so is it true THE CALL will just shut down a store?? how the hell does that work??? my closest store is at 40-60%, they've been at 40-60% for 2 weeks now

Metro 2033 on 360 for $30, Borderlands for PS3 for around $20... that's my only real finds so far. Waiting on more drops for the rest.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I would the gumball machine, but to a higher extent the disc buffer/game resealer would be even better.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a BFBC2 VIP code either...[/QUOTE]

The VIP code for the game is alright seeing you get the maps for free but everything else you buy and for the maps being free... they should be free no matter what because they are all recycled and used again for the other modes.. Its not like new maps or anything...

my store said that they have two weeks left and there is still a lot of good titles between the Hollywood Video/ Gamecrazy...I saw about 4 copies of MAG, 8 copies of Killzone 2, 10-12 copies of God of War 3, 5 copies of Metro 2033, 5 copies of Bayonetta, and a lot of blu-rays...I am going to head back soon...

Problem is my Gamecrazy now guts new sealed copies of games too to put them all out on the display floor. I guess I can't really complain with the discounts, but it would have been nice to be able to pick up God of War 3 still sealed instead of new but not sealed.

[quote name='jj5206']my store said that they have two weeks left and there is still a lot of good titles between the Hollywood Video/ Gamecrazy...I saw about 4 copies of MAG, 8 copies of Killzone 2, 10-12 copies of God of War 3, 5 copies of Metro 2033, 5 copies of Bayonetta, and a lot of blu-rays...I am going to head back soon...[/QUOTE]
Only problem is that MAG sucks(unless you liked Warhawk, since it's all online mp ONLY) and God Of War 3 is a short game.

But if you only pay about $10-15 per game you should be able to get some good playtime out of them.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']MAG is more of a team based multiplayer. So if your the type who likes to run-n-gun its not really for you[/QUOTE]
I guess that's the main reason I hated it then. Besides which there were players who must've played the game 24/7, since I kept getting sniped every other second by some d-bag 900 yards from me.:roll:

The one near me is at 50% for games. Nothing I wanted to bite on ... the only good deal was probably Mlb 10 The show, for around $26. All the rest, you can always find better deals (Bayonetta, for example, was around $22, and gamefly has it for $20/$15 depending on platform, Metal gear 4 for $11, but its incomplete + goozex has it for 400 pts and free ps3 trades in June).

If anything is left at 70% off, then we can talk.

I'll have to check on if ours has any good deals.

Even though I havent been in a rental store in years its sad to see them all disappearing. Have alot of memories of going to the rental stores, and walking around looking for monster movies as a kid or renting Sega Genesis games and SNES games. Its amazing how packed these places used to be on the weekends and now they tend to be dead inside.

how much are the resealers? those are the plastic wrap with a blow gun right? Where would you get the plastic wrap after purchasing?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Yeah. But i'd perfer that than the BS of MW2[/QUOTE]

ive been hooked on MAG after i detoxed MW2, there arent alot of people but can get into a domination game (256 players) in 5 min, sometimes longer depending on your que, sabotage matches are were the action is, the new interdiction pack is ok, but they need to fix a few things, like running towards your objective for 2 minutes then you get shot and die, and have to start running from your spawn point again

Based on my experience the last 2/3 weeks of going to a few HWV, it seems like a lot of the ones that are listed as having "Closing Sales" or whatever it says on the store locator are closed at this point. It's only the ones that look "normal" that are open. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

So is the locator inaccurate? Almost all Movie Galleries in Georgia and SC/NC/VA are not marked as closing yet. I thought they were all supposed to be closed in July.

[quote name='jdawgg76']So is the locator inaccurate? Almost all Movie Galleries in Georgia and SC/NC/VA are not marked as closing yet. I thought they were all supposed to be closed in July.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading a few forums that some were told that they would be extending by another month.

At our local stores in my part of California, they are at 40-60% off (40% on games).

One of my stores near me had a sign up that said "Last 10 days". I'll have to call in tomorrow to see when that last day is. They were currently at 60% off all games and 70% off all strat guides (most were marked at $9.99 so they'd come out to around $3 after the discount.) Sad thing is that I couldn't find any good guides... well any of the ones I'd want that is. I think that Blu-rays were 60% off or 70% off, I can't remember.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Yeah. But i'd perfer that than the BS of MW2[/QUOTE]

I must be an unusual game player then, since I couldn't stand Modern Warfare either. Basically, any game that people can(and have) played 24/7 online since it first came out I have zero interest in, namely because those people will kill me in half a second.

Playing games involves having FUN. If I'm not having fun, I'm more likely to dump that game whenever I get a chance. Case in point with MAG. I picked it up for $20-22 at the HWV by me that's still in the midst of the closing sale. I tried it, hated it and I managed to trade it into that DealTree(Best Buy run trade in program)site for $20 in the form of a check.

So I paid $2 to 'rent' it for about a month.

bread's done
Back