Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I must be an unusual game player then, since I couldn't stand Modern Warfare either. Basically, any game that people can(and have) played 24/7 online since it first came out I have zero interest in, namely because those people will kill me in half a second.

Playing games involves having FUN. If I'm not having fun, I'm more likely to dump that game whenever I get a chance. Case in point with MAG. I picked it up for $20-22 at the HWV by me that's still in the midst of the closing sale. I tried it, hated it and I managed to trade it into that DealTree(Best Buy run trade in program)site for $20 in the form of a check.

So I paid $2 to 'rent' it for about a month.[/QUOTE]

All my friends only play MW2 which to me is unbelivable. I tell them about games like Red Dead Redemption, Split/second, Uncharted 2 and then brush me off claming there nerd games:whistle2:s. I was once hooked on MW2 but i found the light and now reach my true gaming potential

[quote name='Lyricsborn']All my friends only play MW2 which to me is unbelivable. I tell them about games like Red Dead Redemption, Split/second, Uncharted 2 and then brush me off claming there nerd games:whistle2:s. I was once hooked on MW2 but i found the light and now reach my true gaming potential[/QUOTE]
I used to play Uncharted 2's mp with friends, but I only ever liked the storyline mode mp since dm/tdm was too crowded with long time vets who'd snipe ya from the other side of the map.

I also used to play Battlefield Bad Company's online, but my connection is too wonky to stay connected.

About the only mp I still play is either the GTAIV/GTA Episodes one or Red Dead Redemption and even then I only play free mode/free roam on them.

[quote name='aleraiders']aleraiders asked "when is this store closing?"

disgruntled HWV employee answered "whenever we get the call"

so is it true THE CALL will just shut down a store?? how the hell does that work???[/QUOTE]

yep. our store was told mid-july, they called one day and said "hey, you're shutting down in five days". we didn't make it anywhere close to mid-july.

[quote name='deadtrees']Very. Call the stores in advance, if you value your time and gas.[/QUOTE]Thanks. Seemed weird to me since everyone here was saying that they were all closing and there are none around me to verify. But I'm headed up the interstate in a few days and there are several on that route I may try.

Went by the store today (here in Central Cali.) and they are now at 50% off for the games for our local stores. Anyone seen Yakuza 3 or Heavy Rain at their local Hollywood Video?

Today I purchased:

Warhawk - $9
Eternal Sonata - $12.50
Valkyria Chronicles - $10
Lost - $4
Fallout 3 - $10
The Club - $6.50
Disgaea 3 - $17.50
Afro Samurai - $10 (New)
Tekken 6 - $20 (New)

I was going through XBOX 360 and WII games but damn....the condition were all terrible. There were several games I wanted but man, those scratches were just too numerous. Although, I did see a few Bayonetta's in good condition and debating on getting it.

[quote name='kndy']Went by the store today (here in Central Cali.) and they are now at 50% off for the games for our local stores. Anyone seen Yakuza 3 or Heavy Rain at their local Hollywood Video?
[/QUOTE]

When I was in the one in Bath, NY there were two copies of Heavy Rain left amongst other things.

[quote name='ets']how much are the resealers? those are the plastic wrap with a blow gun right? Where would you get the plastic wrap after purchasing?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly (cause they do vary store to store) around $200-$250 with the blow gun. I'm sure there is a company that still has the plastic wrap for sale. However with the amount we had left...that could probably reseal about 3000-4000 games.

Visited the one in Marysville, Wash., and the games were pretty picked over. They had a ton of God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII for $30 new.

I ended up grabbing Forza 3 used for $24.99 (not a great deal but I've been wanting the game for a while).

At this point the stores in AZ are closing. 40%-60% currently but got a copy of Yakuza 3 when it was 30% off. Decent enough price and I'm happy with the purchase thus far.

[quote name='brownda1']When I was in the one in Bath, NY there were two copies of Heavy Rain left amongst other things.[/QUOTE]

Checked for Heavy Rain at another local store...PS3's have been pretty much picked over with only the wrestling, sports, singing and Rock Band. XB360 there are plenty.

Did pick up Yakuza 3 at 50% off.

They had some 360 systems at 30% off just 2-3 weeks ago at the HWV I've been hitting up, but of course by the time they got to 50% off they were long gone.

I may hit them up again early next week to see what's still left. If somehow the new copy of God Of War III is still in stock by then and maybe they raised the percentage to 60% off then I might grab it for $24.

I stopped back into the local store that's doing the liquidation sale again last night and I picked up :ps3:The Club and :ps3:Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes for $15 and change out the door.

I also found out from at least one of the employees that MANY customers(according to them)have walked out without buying any of their games after finding out that all of the display cases were gone for them.:evil::lol::lol:

Hopefully the same picky customers keep coming in for the next week or two and walk out without any games due to no original cases and so on for them. If so, then there might be something left by the time the store hits 60-70% off.:D

I can dream, can't I?

I'm also surprised as hell that the last new copy of God Of War 3 was still in stock there last night. I figured after I mentioned it on CAG it would've disappeared due to one of the local lurkers, since $30 n tax is a hell of a deal for the game.

I was in my local movie gallery today and everything is 80-90% off. Got away with 3 games for $15 and 17 blu-rays for $25. Couldn't help myself $1.70 for blu-rays and they still have 3 days left, quite the deal.

By the way I am in Bath, NY. Before anyone asks, a lot of stuff has been picked over there are maybe 10 Wii games left, 10 PS3, and about 20 360 games.

are they opened on the 4th? I might have to make a trip either today or tomorrow....my store said that they had about two weeks left...

Went past the Movie Gallery in my area and they were at 60-70% off and had a sigh that said 5 days left. I may swing by later today hoping that they reduced to the maximum that they go so I can pick up some games and blu-rays.

On a side not, anyone know a place to buy the real blu-ray and PS3 game cases to replace the cases they come in?

[quote name='wissy']Went past the Movie Gallery in my area and they were at 60-70% off and had a sigh that said 5 days left. I may swing by later today hoping that they reduced to the maximum that they go so I can pick up some games and blu-rays.

On a side not, anyone know a place to buy the real blu-ray and PS3 game cases to replace the cases they come in?[/QUOTE]

I get my Blu-ray cases from eBay...you can get like 20 of them for $8 (not inc shipping). You may find people selling PS3 cases as well.

Went by last night to Hollywood and they only decreased the core dvd's to 65%, nada on the video games which are still at 50% off. But still, had to take advantage of the sale further...

Mainly to go after the Dragon Quest V for DS...Amazon has that like for $65. So, picked that one up for $20. I know that game is hard to come by.

Also Picked up:
Dragon Quest IV - $10
The Dark Spire (with CD, DS): $15
Final Fantasy IV (DS) - $10
Prinny, Can I really Be a Hero? (PSP, set with CD) - $12.50
Yggdra Union (PSP) - $12.50
Lego Indiana Jones (PS3) - $10
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (PS3) - $7.50
This was impulse for its price - TNA Impact (PS3) - $4

I will probably go back in a week for:
Dragon Age (PS3)
Bayonetta (XB360)
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Punchout (Wii)

I was hoping to find Tatsunoku vs. Capcom but no such luck.

In Columbia, MO today...

GameCrazy is closed. They moved all their stock over to the Hollywood Video right next door. They're still at 50-60% off. Blu-Rays were 60% off, games 50% off. Lots of games still, but nothing I needed at 50% off. The George Harrison guitar I wanted was gone.

Went to the MovieGallery, which is at 70-80% off. Blu-Rays 5-for-$25. DVDs a buck or two each for most. Games were 70% off. Picked these up:

Aliens vs. Predator (PS3)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
Battlefield: Bad Company (360)
Tekken 6 (360)
Wolfenstein (360)

All disc+manual only, except for BF:BC which is disc only. Not much left over there but I'm pretty happy getting those six for $68.xx. Probably only going to keep Sonic & Sega racing though.

Went past my Movie Gallery for probably the last time. Blu-rays at 75% and games at 70% but not a lot left. Picked up District 9, War, and Pineapple Express for a total of $15 so not that bad.

[quote name='wissy']

On a side not, anyone know a place to buy the real blu-ray and PS3 game cases to replace the cases they come in?[/QUOTE]

you can get blu-ray cases from www.discmakers.com, i got 25 for around $12 after shipping and they were all in great shape...

picked up mini ninjas (ps3, disc only) and Yu Gi Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum (Sealed) for about $20 total ($13 for MN, $7 for YGO).

They had restocked since last time I was in (where i got AVP (PS3) and YGO: Falsbound Kingdom and a pile of dual disc Game Cube cases, wii cases, dual disc dvd cases, and ps2 branded cases so I could case all my disc onlys.

They have some other near deals there (including a new Jeanne D'arc), but either the price isn't quite right or i already have the game.

Tomorrow's the last day for the Columbia, MO Movie Gallery store. Slim pickings left on the games (glad I went this past weekend), but I grabbed the following:

Four DVDs
Dark Void :360:
WWE 2008 :ps3:
Fracture :360:
Bakugan whatever :360:
Milk Blu-Ray
Nick & Norah Blu-Ray
Whatever Works Blu-Ray
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 4 (both discs)

all for $22.xx. Very pleased.

I went to my local HWV that's left today and they sold the last sealed copy of God Of War 3. I already beat it, so I was only looking to maybe buy it to sell on CAG for cost or a little over plus shipping. But I was glad it was gone, since it saved me wasting the money, since knowing my luck no one would want it for like $45 shipped.

They still had a few dozen PS3 games, a bunch of Wii and a a couple rows full of 360 games. I guess people are still annoyed that there's no cases and not buying very many games.:evil:

HWV in Logan, UT is at 60% off games and still have quite a bit left (and all over the store too). Some behind counter, some in a couple of boxes next to counter, some in the game club or whatever area and then some in the middle of the movies section.

Really big blu-ray section left too.

Picked up terminator salvation blu-ray for $3.99 and
ratatouille xbox360 for $5

Several copies of Dark Void left, the about one each of the lego games, I can't remember what else but not much in the way of brand-new titles. I would have gotten more if I wasn't about to pick up a new 360.

Employee was super nice too. She said Brigham City is closing on Friday for anyone interested. Really sucks to see HWV go. About half my library consists of $5 used games from HWV. Another 1/4 of it consists of goozex games coming off of HWV trades.

I'll officially be in a deal wasteland now. My Best Buy never goes for the stacked coupon/sale price deals. My Kmart clearly marks their clearance the same day it drops, no target, no sears, no HWV. It's like a freaking CAG country song.

my store close to me is closing on Sunday. They are down to 70-80%. Today I picked up new copies of MLB 10 The Show for $18, Warhawk complete with bluetooth for $15 and Tiger Woods 10 for $9. I will check back on Saturday to see whats left. There were a few Wii games i would like to get on the cheap. Both Boom Blox games, De Blob and Tiger Woods 10 with Wii Motion plus. I am hoping to pick those up at the 80-90% mark........we will see

Stopped by Hagerstown today, STILL at 50%. Doesn't seem like that store wants to drop in price. Looks like they also got some stuff in as I saw a good many strat guides which I don't recall seeing before.

Tired of waiting, I picked up Bayonetta for $30 and I figured I'll take the chance on TC: Hawx for $15. Both sealed.

now my store near me is at 80%. Wish i still had an xbox 360. There are a lot more xbox games left, than PS3 games. For the Wii, i picked up Boom Blox, Boom Blox Bash Party, House of the Dead 2&3, House of the Dead Overkill and Warioware Smooth Moves all for $24. I am going to check back tomorrow and hope its at 90%..........i want to pick up Tiger Woods 10 with Wii motion plus

Local one is slowly clearing out. I was amazed when I saw stuff not there.

Hopefully there's some junk left by the time they lower everything drastically. I love junk.

[quote name='Interfeci']Local one is slowly clearing out. I was amazed when I saw stuff not there.

Hopefully there's some junk left by the time they lower everything drastically. I love junk.[/QUOTE]
That's the one thing that annoys me is that there is usually junk left anymore by the time the stores enter their last week in business. It's pretty funny, since just 3 or so years ago I was at a closing out in NJ and on one of the last days in business half of the store was still full and they had alot of good shit left.

Of course, I didn't end up buying any of it like a dummy and much of it(alot of older complete PS1 games and rare guides that weren't rare then:bomb:)is now worth alot more than the $1-2 per item I would've paid.

It seems like as the economy has gone south people think 10-20% off is a hell of a deal and will come in to pillage any store with a piddily percentage like that anymore.:roll: I would have a field day within the last week of a store's closing sale. Not anymore though.:cry:

Hopefully one of the copies of Bayonetta survive till 70-80% off since it's the last game I want from the PS3 section. Otherwise there's jack and shit left that I would ever even consider at the store now.

Yesturday I grabbed a couple wii games (spongebob, final fantasy, and trauma center) for 25 total at 70%. Today I went again and saw 10 days till close sign. Anyone know whats the routine in the last 10 days as far as prices drop?

Columbia, MO Hollywood Video is up to 60% off for games. Still a decent amount of PS3/360 left, but slim pickings on the Wii. Got some new games still too. Blu Rays are $6 I think. There's at least 10 copies of Bayonetta used on 360 available.

Both Gardena and Downey CA don't know when there closing dates are. Both are at 60% off on games. Not much left at either though other than Xbox360 games (not sure what's "good" since I don't have a 360, but they had quite a few games for both at each store). Otherwise, most other systems are slim pickings.

Picked up Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Gamecube) for $25 after eyeing them when they were only 40% off.

Picked up the following today:

:ps3: Bayonetta - $12
Bioshock 2 guide - $8
Dante's Inferno guide - $4
God of War III Ultimate Edition guide - $8
White Knight Chronicles guide - $4

Thought I did pretty well!

[quote name='punkmaggit']Picked up the following today:

:ps3: Bayonetta - $12
Bioshock 2 guide - $8
Dante's Inferno guide - $4
God of War III Ultimate Edition guide - $8
White Knight Chronicles guide - $4

Thought I did pretty well![/QUOTE]
Neither of my local HWV stores had guides left by this point in the closing sales. It sucks since the one store had a Darksiders guide, which is one of the ones I wanted from the last Best Buy drop.:roll:

Went to the last store in Philly and picked up the following 360 games all for $62

Beatles Rock Band (new)
Armored Core 4
Where the Wild Things Are
Onichibra
Battlestations Midway
Star Wars Clone Wars
Virtue Tennis 3
Dirt

Been going to my local Movie Gallery every so often. This time I got lucky because they had just restocked some new games from a Game Crazy. Got Pokemon HeartGold sealed with Pokewalker for $16, LittleBigPlanet for the PSP new for $16, Resident Evil 5 New for $12, and Dragon Age Origins Awakening for $12.

Ugh, There is a hollywood video next to me so I called them to see if they were still in business

Phone line is out of service ): Should I even bother going by?

[quote name='Porpoise King']Ugh, There is a hollywood video next to me so I called them to see if they were still in business

Phone line is out of service ): Should I even bother going by?[/QUOTE]They may already be closed but since it is next to you, why not just walk over there and look? It couldn't hurt.

The MG next to us has hit 70%. Nothing of note - 1 new copy of Metro 2033 for 60% off... PV BR discs at $5.99... But 6 bucks for House Bunny on BR??? Not so much... I'll see what they have when they hit 80 or something and then decide whether to by anything or not.

the HWV in my area is 70-80% off now. they don't have any worthy ps3 games left, but still have a new copy of gow3 for $18 :cold: They do have a lot of 360 games left though.

I only bought a bunch of guides, and a new copy of white knight chronicles myself.

The only HWV in my area was up to 60-80% off last week. I'll probably stop by this week and see what's left. I'm not expecting much but I'll probably just stock up on used DVDs.

I just called the HWV that's closing by me and they're up to 60% on games AND have a tentative closing date for the store of the 22nd and the latest they can remain open is the 28th of this month.

The guy on the phone told me that since they have a closing date they should be bumping the percentage fairly quick from here on out and to possibly expect 70% by a couple of days from now.

Unfortunately all copies of Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta are gone for PS3. Those were my primary targets for the closing sale, so I guess I'll just casually stop in later in the week and see what(if anything) is left.

well today was the last day for the Hollywood Video near me. Went in around 11am, and to my suprise, there were some really good games restocked!!! Most of them were 360 games.........It was like Christmas in July!! I ended up getting Mass Effect 2, Dantes Inferno, Bioshock 2, Darksiders, God of War 3, Bayonetta, and Crono Trigger for the DS.... ALL NEW and SEALED for a total of $37.00 after taxes!!!! All games were 90% off. Man, shouldve seen some of the people buying DVD's. They had bags full of them at the register. They were 10 for $7.50.

Just a heads up to those in the Fayetteville, NC area. Neither HWV store has many games left. Skibo Rd has a ton of disc ony PS2 games (90% sports and racing) and very little on other consoles. Raeford Rd. has less games overall but more non-sports titles. Nothing phenomenal was left at either store.

Also, no guides whatsoever.

[quote name='hawkfan2311']well today was the last day for the Hollywood Video near me. Went in around 11am, and to my suprise, there were some really good games restocked!!! Most of them were 360 games.........It was like Christmas in July!! I ended up getting Mass Effect 2, Dantes Inferno, Bioshock 2, Darksiders, God of War 3, Bayonetta, and Crono Trigger for the DS.... ALL NEW and SEALED for a total of $37.00 after taxes!!!! All games were 90% off. Man, shouldve seen some of the people buying DVD's. They had bags full of them at the register. They were 10 for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Geez. I would have LOVED to get in on that haul, if just for the dvds. Probably one of the best deals I've ever seen here on CAG, congrats to you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just called the HWV that's closing by me and they're up to 60% on games AND have a tentative closing date for the store of the 22nd and the latest they can remain open is the 28th of this month.
[/QUOTE]

hm. good to know.

[quote name='hawkfan2311']well today was the last day for the Hollywood Video near me. Went in around 11am, and to my suprise, there were some really good games restocked!!! Most of them were 360 games.........It was like Christmas in July!! I ended up getting Mass Effect 2, Dantes Inferno, Bioshock 2, Darksiders, God of War 3, Bayonetta, and Crono Trigger for the DS.... ALL NEW and SEALED for a total of $37.00 after taxes!!!! All games were 90% off. Man, shouldve seen some of the people buying DVD's. They had bags full of them at the register. They were 10 for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

yea WOW...awesome haul! gg

...I'm heading to Orlando in a few hours and was hoping there was still a store left standing; it would be nice to walk in one..one last time, but no luck.

[quote name='super_dawn']hm. good to know.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the games I was really looking for and hoping they lasted till the end(Heavy Rain, Dante's Inferno, Bayonetta, all for PS3) are all out of stock already and most of what's left isn't worth bupkiss anywhere if I wanted to buy them just for flipping purposes.

Besides which the prices are absolutely craptastic even at 60% off.:cry: So hopefully some stuff will remain till next week as it should be up to 70-80% off by then. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately the games I was really looking for and hoping they lasted till the end(Heavy Rain, Dante's Inferno, Bayonetta, all for PS3) are all out of stock already and most of what's left isn't worth bupkiss anywhere if I wanted to buy them just for flipping purposes.

Besides which the prices are absolutely craptastic even at 60% off.:cry: So hopefully some stuff will remain till next week as it should be up to 70-80% off by then. :D[/QUOTE]

yea thats pretty much how my store went in its last days. I didn't get as much of a haul as I did in past closing stores. I just knew I could get cheaper on plenty of those games...I have a big enough backlog as it is anyhow.

bread's done
Back