Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by the HWV again and was a bit annoyed since a majority of the PS3 games were long gone now.:bomb:

What they have left is mainly crap I could buy cheaper at Sears/Kmart.

So instead I bought Fiddy Cent: Bulletproof for the original Xbox for $3 and a copy of Observe And Report for $4.

There were no good DVD box sets left and a majority of the more recent movies were total shit by now.

Suffice to say I doubt I'm going back, but then again I'd still take some of the leftover shit for $1-2 each. They told me next Thursday should be their last day.

Games were up to 70% off. They were changing the signage for it while I was there.

Saw a public dismantling of mine today, 90% off games. $0.25 core DVDs and $0.49 new releases. People were grabbing those big cardboard containers and walking around and filling them up with what they wanted. Which surprised me because there was a whole store full of stuff I couldn't imagine people wanting.

Games were down to PS2, a few xbox and a handful of 360 and ps3 games. Picked up Smack Down vs Raw 2010 for $4. Pass on a copy for PS3 that looked like it was used to take the rough edges off a new sidewalk.

[quote name='bananafish900']Saw a public dismantling of mine today, 90% off games. $0.25 core DVDs and $0.49 new releases. People were grabbing those big cardboard containers and walking around and filling them up with what they wanted. Which surprised me because there was a whole store full of stuff I couldn't imagine people wanting.

Games were down to PS2, a few xbox and a handful of 360 and ps3 games. Picked up Smack Down vs Raw 2010 for $4. Pass on a copy for PS3 that looked like it was used to take the rough edges off a new sidewalk.[/QUOTE]
:lol: That's the only problem with rental games is that they sometimes look like they went through the war. People don't treat stuff that isn't theirs very well. Then again some of my friends nieces/nephews are the same way. Wait till they start to pay for their own games and stuff though.;)

Now I'm just glad I stopped in last week and the week prior, since I managed to get both Uncharted games as well as Sid Meier's Civ Rev and a few other games for PS3 that would've been long gone now.:cry:

What amazes me though is that just 3-4 years ago I was to some other store closing sales and even on the last day when games/dvd's were $1-2 each no one was grabbing up everything.

Went to Frederick, MD the other day, not many good 360 games left. I had seen Bayonetta the other day at 50% off regretting not picking it up. On the other hand, I got a used copy of Eternal Sonata which has been evading me for $10. Disc was perfect and it had a manual. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
What amazes me though is that just 3-4 years ago I was to some other store closing sales and even on the last day when games/dvd's were $1-2 each no one was grabbing up everything.[/QUOTE]

Because more people are relying on selling crap to make ends meet.

[quote name='tfr']Because more people are relying on selling crap to make ends meet.[/QUOTE]
Either that or the same family got another worker's comp settlement like they told me happened at the other HWV store that already closed down.

The workers said the one family came in and bought $1200 worth of games in one shot.:bomb:

my store at 70% off , piked up Dark Void (ps3) and Generation of choas 2 (psp sealed) for $13.99 total including tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']my store at 70% off , piked up Dark Void (ps3) and Generation of choas 2 (psp sealed) for $13.99 including tax.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Dark Void? That looked like a shittastic game, which is why I left the 2-3 copies that were there yesterday when I stopped in, though I did pick up a copy of Observe & Report on DVD and the sealed copy of Fiddy Cent's game for the original Xbox.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Seriously? Dark Void? That looked like a shittastic game, which is why I left the 2-3 copies that were there yesterday when I stopped in, though I did pick up a copy of Observe & Report on DVD and the sealed copy of Fiddy Cent's game for the original Xbox.:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, ya i know....but i said "screw it" for $7.xx. Wolverine has it and he said it's decent. Funny thing is that copy of bayonetta reappeared but had no disc in it.

[quote name='lude21']lol, ya i know....but i said "screw it" for $7.xx. Wolverine has it and he said it's decent. Funny thing is that copy of bayonetta reappeared but had no disc in it.[/QUOTE]
There were games all over the store yesterday when I was there, including a few along the back wall of recent releases. I really expected some of the games to last due to them telling me that no one wanted to buy them cuz of no real cases/manuals for them.:lol: But I guess once the percentage hit 60% people who are among Gamestop's usual customers must've stopped in and grabbed up a bunch.

But I don't think they had the discs in the cases anyway. They were taking them out of the big box on the counter behind the front desk when I was there a few weeks ago for both Uncharted games, Civ Rev and Watchmen: End Is Nigh

They finally started clearing out the remaining stuff from the Keyser store too. I was by there yesterday when my family went to Ollie's and the big section of white shelving was gone from inside the store as well as the 360 display unit.

[quote name='Diebythesword']How in da F[/QUOTE]

According to the employees the family said they just got a workman's comp settlement or other financial award and just came in scooping stuff up off the shelves.:roll: I was waiting for 60-70% and hoping like hell that the items stuck around till then, since I figure I didn't wanna pay too much for them. But it was not to be.

I was kinda shocked to see the sparse PS3 section that was left last night, but I figured they wouldn't last forever.:cry:

I wish I had any HWVs left to check out, but they all closed a long while ago. For some reason all of mine closed down 2 minutes after they told me they would be shutting down.

One final run....games are 70% off and 60% off at another store but the one at 70% off just received notice that they will be closing in 4 days. So, I guess no 90% drop. On the final few days or final day, did they do a major drop?

Here is what I got today:

DS - Disgaea DS - $12 (New)
DS - Lifesigns - Surgical Unit- $5.70 (New)
DS - Masters of Monsters - $7.60 (New)
DS - Suikoden Tierkreis - $10.50 (New)
DS - Valyrie Profile - $12.00 (New)
PSP - Power Stone Collection - $5.70 (New)
PS3 - Dynasty Warriors 6 - Empires - $9.00 (Used)
PS3 - Fight Night Round 4 - $9.00 (New)
Wii - Little King's Story - $7.50 (Used but probably never played)
Wii - Metroid Prime 3 - $5.40 (Used)
Wii - Octomania - $5.70 (New)
XB360 - Bayonetta - $13.50 (New)
XB360 - Beatles: Rock Band - $12.00 (New)
XB360 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - $6.00 (New)
XB360 - King of Fighters XII - $10.50 (New)
XB360 - Lego Rockband - $7.50 (Used)
XB360 - Silent Hill Homecoming - $8.00 (New)
XB360 - Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen - $9.00 (New)

and a lot of of game guides books for $2.99 each.

kndy - I went to Movie Gallery on Saturday the 4th and it was 70% off. I went back on that Wednesday the 7th and everything was up to 90% off and they had one day left. I feel that they might bump it up 10% every couple of days. Keep checking.

[quote name='kndy']One final run....games are 70% off and 60% off at another store but the one at 70% off just received notice that they will be closing in 4 days. So, I guess no 90% drop. On the final few days or final day, did they do a major drop?

Here is what I got today:

DS - Disgaea DS - $12 (New)
DS - Lifesigns - Surgical Unit- $5.70 (New)
DS - Masters of Monsters - $7.60 (New)
DS - Suikoden Tierkreis - $10.50 (New)
DS - Valyrie Profile - $12.00 (New)
PSP - Power Stone Collection - $5.70 (New)
PS3 - Dynasty Warriors 6 - Empires - $9.00 (Used)
PS3 - Fight Night Round 4 - $9.00 (New)
Wii - Little King's Story - $7.50 (Used but probably never played)
Wii - Metroid Prime 3 - $5.40 (Used)
Wii - Octomania - $5.70 (New)
XB360 - Bayonetta - $13.50 (New)
XB360 - Beatles: Rock Band - $12.00 (New)
XB360 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - $6.00 (New)
XB360 - King of Fighters XII - $10.50 (New)
XB360 - Lego Rockband - $7.50 (Used)
XB360 - Silent Hill Homecoming - $8.00 (New)
XB360 - Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen - $9.00 (New)

and a lot of of game guides books for $2.99 each.[/QUOTE]
Wow. They had absolutely nothing NEW left the last time I was to my local HWV(2-3 days ago)and the few games they have left now probably won't last till the final day(next Thursday)so I won't be able to nab them for $1-2 like they do on the last day towards the end of the night.:cry:

Either El Hoardo came through or a bunch of Gamestop soccer moms and their lil brats rode in cuz most of the normal customers had griped bout no real cases for the used games.:evil::lol: Most of the stuff they had at 50-60% off was total shit that had no value to me aside from perhaps flipping and even then it would've been a marginal $1-5(at most) flip over the price paid.:roll:

If anyone is looking for God of War 3 the HWV on Atwood Ave. in RI has about 40 of them and just as many GoW 3 guides. Not much else there besides a bunch of Darksiders (360) for ~$12 and Bioshock 2 (360) for MSRP so ~$18. There's still a decent amount of games at 70% off of current gen and 75% or 80% off last gen but I wouldn't go out of your way to stop in there.

The one in Woonsocket didn't have much of anything IMO, besides Madden 97 for the Sega Saturn lol, but feel free to check it out (they had an ass load, and I mean 500+, of empty cases but I didn't have enough time to even start looking for something good). They also had Gamecubes for $9 but no controllers and I didn't ask if they came with wires.

Both places had a good amount of guides. All the ones I got were marked $4.99 except the hardcover and one other one I think.

If anyone knows what the one in Coventry has let me know and I might take a trip down there, probably about 50 minute drive but worth it if they have a bunch of games.

My pickups today if anyone cares
Kameo 360
GH 5 360
ShadowRun 360
Prince of Persia 360
MGS 4 PS3
MGS 3 PS2
Mercenaries 360

Guides:
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
MGS4
Zelda:pH hardcover
GTA San Andreas
Eternal Sonata
KOTOR 2 Sith Lords

Wish my HWV was still open :( My Movie Gallery closed down about a month ago. They didn't do a 90% off everything, they only had 30% off games. They had 50% off of DVDs though.

The one in my college town had the worst closing sale I'd ever seen. 50% off DVDs IF you bought them in quantities of 6. Otherwise every dvd was 9.99 in the old section and 19.99 in the new section.

But the best sale ever was Sam Goody closing down. My buddy and I would go get energy drinks, you could get like 15 for a dollar, lol.

[quote name='mickeyu422']If anyone is looking for God of War 3 the HWV on Atwood Ave. in RI has about 40 of them and just as many GoW 3 guides. Not much else there besides a bunch of Darksiders (360) for ~$12 and Bioshock 2 (360) for MSRP so ~$18. There's still a decent amount of games at 70% off of current gen and 75% or 80% off last gen but I wouldn't go out of your way to stop in there.

The one in Woonsocket didn't have much of anything IMO, besides Madden 97 for the Sega Saturn lol, but feel free to check it out (they had an ass load, and I mean 500+, of empty cases but I didn't have enough time to even start looking for something good). They also had Gamecubes for $9 but no controllers and I didn't ask if they came with wires.

Both places had a good amount of guides. All the ones I got were marked $4.99 except the hardcover and one other one I think.

If anyone knows what the one in Coventry has let me know and I might take a trip down there, probably about 50 minute drive but worth it if they have a bunch of games.

My pickups today if anyone cares
Kameo 360
GH 5 360
ShadowRun 360
Prince of Persia 360
MGS 4 PS3
MGS 3 PS2
Mercenaries 360

Guides:
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
MGS4
Zelda:pH hardcover
GTA San Andreas
Eternal Sonata
KOTOR 2 Sith Lords
[/QUOTE]
Wow. Those are some mostly old games and guides. Any chance those stores had the guide for Darksiders, since GoHastings.com went back up from $1.99 to like $6-8 now for it.:roll:

My local store didn't have jack and shit left, least of all God Of War 3, which I would've rebought at $20 or under for the hell of it.

As for the cases, they are largely worthless, even at the prices HWV is selling them for.:cry: Mind ya, the ones I have I'm gonna start gutting and offering up just the cases w/o artwork and manuals for spares for like $.50 a pop soon just to blow them out. I thought the guides I used to have took up alot of space.:shock: I've been selling like 1-2 here or there, but of course folks want the 'good' ones n leave the shit ones.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any chance those stores had the guide for Darksiders, since GoHastings.com went back up from $1.99 to like $6-8 now for it.:roll:

My local store didn't have jack and shit left, least of all God Of War 3, which I would've rebought at $20 or under for the hell of it.

As for the cases, they are largely worthless, even at the prices HWV is selling them for[/QUOTE]

On the Darksiders guide I feel like I might have seen it but I think it was marked at $19.99 so I passed on it. I'll look if I go back out there. I guess I might go back and get GoW 3 as well if I get my PS3 fixed anytime soon. And the cases were $0.05 each so I might pick up a few if they are the official cases. I just didn't want to blow all my money since I know I have a date tonight so I'll probably go back sometime this weekend or Monday

At one of our stores, they had too many guides, so they are really trying to sell them. I picked up a lot for $2.99. But I noticed they had some hardbound books as well for 70% off but didn't go for them. Mass Effect 2 hardbound and a I did pick up this guinness Book of World Records for video games 2009 for like $6. But yeah, a lot of guides...especially for Halo 3, Pokemon, Mass Effect II, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Zelda and plenty of Shonen Jump.

I did go after the Mario-related guides, as my young son really wanted those posters for his room.

But I'll call them when they open in awhile to see if they are going down incrementally per day or a big final day sale on Monday.

Still a lot of video games at both stores but I know they hate it when I bring a stack of games and I'm a stickler on looking at the discs. They always say "oh it will work" but hell, I bought a "Warhawk" game for PS3 with one little scratch and I can't even play the game because it won't install and can't return it because all sales are final.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that under one of the various boxes or in one of the corners of the store on the last day I'll find a sealed 360 with the wrong price on it and they tell me it's like 90% off.:pray:

CMON. I gotta have a big score to replace all of the times I was a dumbass at prior store closing sales during the last 1-3 days and I saw shit that I later regretted not getting.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']A man can dream, can't he?[/QUOTE]
I've found a PSone/LCD screen combo for $15 from Kmart and price matched a penny guide from one chain to another using only a receipt, so anything is possible.;):applause::booty:

[quote name='kndy']At one of our stores, they had too many guides, so they are really trying to sell them. I picked up a lot for $2.99. But I noticed they had some hardbound books as well for 70% off but didn't go for them. Mass Effect 2 hardbound and a I did pick up this guinness Book of World Records for video games 2009 for like $6. But yeah, a lot of guides...especially for Halo 3, Pokemon, Mass Effect II, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Zelda and plenty of Shonen Jump.

I did go after the Mario-related guides, as my young son really wanted those posters for his room.

But I'll call them when they open in awhile to see if they are going down incrementally per day or a big final day sale on Monday.

Still a lot of video games at both stores but I know they hate it when I bring a stack of games and I'm a stickler on looking at the discs. They always say "oh it will work" but hell, I bought a "Warhawk" game for PS3 with one little scratch and I can't even play the game because it won't install and can't return it because all sales are final.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking what HWV is this at?

[quote name='JQUEST97']If you don't mind me asking what HWV is this at?[/QUOTE]

This one is at the two stores in Kings County, Central Cali.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Do you guys call in to see if they know how long they've got, or do you just go in and check frequently?[/QUOTE]
I asked when I was there late last week and found out they had bupkiss left for the PS3 aside from a handful of games that're total shit for the most part.:cry:

Games just went to 80% today at my store.

Picked up dark void for $6 and Smackdown 2010 and MX vs ATV reflex for $7 each. The last two will go nicely to gamestop's trade 2 for $40 off madden, which I will return for a game I actually want.

[quote name='bgame2']Hey Deckerro were the games you got new or used?[/QUOTE]

Used, but they did have a few new copies of games like GH-Aerosmith mixed in. I assume they were also 80% off. Im hoping a copy or 2 of smackdown or MX will last till sunday morning, when they will be $3.50 each.

70% off everything at the Columbia, MO store. Still a decent amount of stuff left, both new and used, but nothing I needed so I'll wait til 80 or 90 and go crazy if stuff is still there.

Lots of guides also, but I don't know anything about guides and which are valuable or good for flipping so I basically ignored them.

I have monitored closely as my store has increased the price of used DS and PSP games with each percentage drop. By way of example, FF Crisis core for PSP was 9.99 used about three weeks back. It is now 19.99. Advanced Wars has also increased in price over the last week and a half. It's been really annoying to watch.

[quote name='bgame2']I have monitored closely as my store has increased the price of used DS and PSP games with each percentage drop. By way of example, FF Crisis core for PSP was 9.99 used about three weeks back. It is now 19.99. Advanced Wars has also increased in price over the last week and a half. It's been really annoying to watch.[/QUOTE]

Your store is bucking the trend and doing everything opposite of the other stores...hehe... Seriously though, I think I know what may be going on. At our store, for example game like "Ygdrra Union"...there were three of them and they were $19.99, $29.99 and $39.99. I bought it at $19.99 ($10 when it was 50% off) but people are hesitant on buying it because of its price and people think it may have increased. The truth is...each game is priced differently and you won't know until you take it to the cashier and get it priced.

Yesterday, there were games (NEW ones) that were $39.99 and expected to pay around $16 or so but it rang up as $19.99 and got them for $6.

So, you definitely want to bring some games up to the counter to get it priced. Especially the new games.

Just came from my local store and to check if I can pick up other titles now that it dropped another 10% but man...I guess everyone was waiting for 80-90% because compared to yesterday, now there is hardly anything left (but "Dark Void", "StormRise" and movie-based games).

LOL I guess maybe I should stop by my store before 8-9pm tonight to see if I can grab some PS3/360 games for 90% off. Hopefully they've upped the percentage again since the other day(70%).

[quote name='Purkeynator']I just called the Ogden Utah store and they are still at 70% off for games.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a closing date for them? I might be going down there next weekend.

Looks like another drop today (Kings County, California and also Shelby Township, Mich., not sure what other locations are closing tomorrow).... curious how far things will drop tomorrow on the final day.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]New releases 10 for 10
Cores 10 for 7.50
New/Sealed blu and dvd 90% off
Previewed Blus 1.99
Video games - 90% off
[/FONT]

Just got back from my local store...games were 90% off and nearly everything was gone (except a few PS2 games..they had Okami, which I wanted but many it was F'd up). A lot of "Dark Void", "Guitar Hero World Tour", "King of Fighters", "Tom Clancy Hawk", "Wolfenstein" for the XB360 still left but all other titles were gone.

5 Days left so I made a last run at 3 stores in RI (Woonsocket, Cranston, Coventry) if you are wondering what is left just ask me. Found some decent things left and spent about $60 total. I went a little crazy on the guides since they were all $.99. Also got Bioshock 2 and GoW 3 (IATCG convinced me to) for $12 each and MX vs ATV Reflex and SvR 2010 for $20 total and traded them into Gamestop to reserve Madden and got $40 off.

List of everything I got if interested
GoW 3
SvR 2010 PS3
Resistance PS3
Bioshock 2 360
MX vs ATX Reflex 360
GUIDES
Mass Effect 2
Phantom Hourglass Hardcover x2
Mirror's edge
GoW 3
KH 358/2 Days
Prince of Persia
MGS 4
Super Mario Galaxy Hardcover x2
Jade Empire

@Mickey - Wow! That's pretty good if those titles were there. So, if you have 5 days left, is your store still at 70% off? I did go to the stores with guides but they haven't brought it down. Still at 70% off but I'm going to hit that area when it hits 90% off. It's $2.99 right now but wouldn't mind getting them for .99 cents.

I called and it's still 70% off at my closest HWV.:roll: They also told me they only had SvR 09 and one other PS3 game left now, but I'll still try on Tuesday or Wednesday and see if the % went up.

[quote name='kndy']@Mickey - Wow! That's pretty good if those titles were there. So, if you have 5 days left, is your store still at 70% off? I did go to the stores with guides but they haven't brought it down. Still at 70% off but I'm going to hit that area when it hits 90% off. It's $2.99 right now but wouldn't mind getting them for .99 cents.[/QUOTE]

The first store I went to I got SvR2010 and MXvsATV for 70% off @10.50 each. They didn't have any guides at all
Then the two other stores that had the guides for $.99 were 80% off of current gen games and 90% on PS2 games so I got Bioshock 2 and GoW 3 @ $12/each.
You might want to ask on the guides because on the sign of the last two stores it still said 70%-80% off and when I got inside it was more like 80%-90%

bread's done
Back