Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

[quote name='shipwreck']I started playing this game this weekend. I'm about 8 hours in and 4 hours of that have seemed like backtracking. It's a fun game, but I do not like the wolf portions at all. They seem to just be lengthening the game and making me explore the same areas twice. I'd rather do the initial exploring with Link and not in this muddled wolf world. I know that it all links with the story, but at this point it all seems forced.

I'm currently in the Goron mine, so I've got plenty of game to go, but so far this is not nearly the experience for me that Ocarina of Time was.

Right now, I just feel like they could have trimmed a lot of fat from this game and made it easier to get to all the fun parts without all the boredom.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought the Wolf portions were clever...suddenly portions (like entering a building in a town) that you didn't even think twice about became puzzles. Very cool.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I actually thought the Wolf portions were clever...suddenly portions (like entering a building in a town) that you didn't even think twice about became puzzles. Very cool.[/QUOTE]

Same here... I very much liked the change of pace.

I think I'm about 15 hours in, just doing sidequests and stuff.

I'm about 20 hours into the game and haven't even gotten to the third dungeon yet! Awesome game, my third favorite Zelda game (after Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past). I'm currently playing The Minish Cap too and I'm not feeling that game just like I didn't the other two Capcom-developed handheld Zeldas (they weren't bad, but Link's Awakening was much better IMO). Ok, but anyway, back to Twilight Princess...I have the Wii version, but I read somewhere that the GCN version isn't widescreen-capable, does anybody know if there's a reason why?

city in the sky was longer probably the longest after arbiter or snowpeak... but I didn't think it was much longer than like the forest temple, goron mines, or lakebed at all. Those 3 probably took me the longest. There was some cool puzzles with the double clawshots though that were fun. The one in the main room near the end of the dungeon had me for a few minutes so I was excited when I solved that one xD

[quote name='Spades22']
city in the sky was longer probably the longest after arbiter or snowpeak... but I didn't think it was much longer than like the forest temple, goron mines, or lakebed at all. Those 3 probably took me the longest. There was some cool puzzles with the double clawshots though that were fun. The one in the main room near the end of the dungeon had me for a few minutes so I was excited when I solved that one xD
[/QUOTE]

I find that my biggest problem with City in the Sky is that you shouldnt save and restart the level since you have to start at the begining no matter where you were. Not that its a bad thing, but they certainly make you redo a lot of the puzzles if you start over.

[quote name='foltzie']
I find that my biggest problem with City in the Sky is that you shouldnt save and restart the level since you have to start at the begining no matter where you were. Not that its a bad thing, but they certainly make you redo a lot of the puzzles if you start over.
[/quote]
That problem, which exists in the Sky temple and forward, made me resort to the guide more than I normally would have. i.e. There was no way I was going to have time that day to go through the entire dungeon two or three more times if I didn't figure out how to beat the boss pretty quickly.

Anyone have tips for the boss at the end of Dungeon 7?

I can get his armor off, but I am having trouble with the 2nd section. I can't seem to clawshot around the peabots fast enough to catch him fire-breathing. Is there a quicker way to do this?

I had to take a break because I was getting so frustrated. Almost through my Wiimote through the TV :)

I found that boss really easy and fun...I have the GC version and haven't played the Wii version so it might be different which is possibly why, but what you do to move around really fast is
Simply double clawshot quickly to the top between each of those pillars, then once you get to those flying peabot things, double clawshot onto one from the chained pillar and then just keep Z targeting the next one and firing the clawshot. Once you hit him a couple times, he'll change directions though, so I can see if you didn't think of Z-targeting that boss would be darn hard.

[quote name='asianxcore']Anyone have tips for the boss at the end of Dungeon 7?

I can get his armor off, but I am having trouble with the 2nd section. I can't seem to clawshot around the peabots fast enough to catch him fire-breathing. Is there a quicker way to do this?

I had to take a break because I was getting so frustrated. Almost through my Wiimote through the TV :)[/quote]That's why I started looking at the guide per my previous post. :D

As Spades said, get up to the top of the towers by grappling back and forth between a pair of them. Then hook onto one of the flying plants. Sometimes his pattern was a little goofy, but basically as soon as he rears his head back to spit fire, hold Z, and just keep grappling. He'll follow you with his flame. Once he stops, keep moving until you are behind him, then lock onto the jewel on his back.

Once in a while he randomly spit fire that didn't fit the pattern and I had to climb up all over again and repeat, but that's the gist.

[quote name='botticus']That's why I started looking at the guide per my previous post. :D

As Spades said, get up to the top of the towers by grappling back and forth between a pair of them. Then hook onto one of the flying plants. Sometimes his pattern was a little goofy, but basically as soon as he rears his head back to spit fire, hold Z, and just keep grappling. He'll follow you with his flame. Once he stops, keep moving until you are behind him, then lock onto the jewel on his back.

Once in a while he randomly spit fire that didn't fit the pattern and I had to climb up all over again and repeat, but that's the gist.
[/QUOTE]

so should I..

Clawshot up to a Peabot, wait until he starts to breathe fire....then start grappling around? The way I had been doing it was, as soon as I got to the first Peabot, I would start trying to get around him right away

[quote name='botticus']
That problem, which exists in the Sky temple and forward, made me resort to the guide more than I normally would have. i.e. There was no way I was going to have time that day to go through the entire dungeon two or three more times if I didn't figure out how to beat the boss pretty quickly.
[/quote]

The boss fight was very interesting also, fighting in the air and what not was somewhat different and refreshing. made less room for error, took me awhile to get the last hit on him.

[quote name='asianxcore']so should I..

Clawshot up to a Peabot, wait until he starts to breathe fire....then start grappling around? The way I had been doing it was, as soon as I got to the first Peabot, I would start trying to get around him right away
[/quote]
From what I could tell, doing that would make him just keep circling around waiting for you to stop. It took him a good few seconds to actually build up fire once he started roaring, so you start grappling around in that time. If you take too long, you might have trouble outpacing the flames. It's just a matter of finding the earliest point at which he won't stop prepping the fire when you start moving.

[quote name='asianxcore']so should I..

[/quote]

theres and easier way,
what you want to do is wait for him to start his fire, and keep flying to each pea bot to avoid the flame. when he stops the flame you want to get directly behind him and then manually target his shoulder blades with the clawshot to get on his back then swing away at his back until he drops to the ground.

Ya I did exactly as said above by Dly when I played it. I don't know what the guides say, since I didn't use them, but that way worked great for me.
I clawshotted to the first peabot, waited till I saw him wind up to begin breathing fire, then kept clawshotting in a circle until he was tired from breathing the fire, which gives you time to get behind him and clawshot that weak spot between his shoulders, slashing and riding him down to the ground... man that was fun xD

The above posters pretty much summed up how to take down this boss.

But it reminds me of probably my biggest gripe against this game. Bosses are too easy. Granted most of them are fun and some are even epic, but they are never life-threatening, even if you are still trying to figure out what to do.
The spider boss was the worst I think. You almost know exactly what to do once you walk into the room. The most damage I took during that fight was when I hit myself with the giant hammer, after the boss was dead :D.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']
The spider boss was the worst I think. You almost know exactly what to do once you walk into the room. The most damage I took during that fight was when I hit myself with the giant hammer, after the boss was dead :D.
[/QUOTE]

But see, that's one of the reasons I love the game; all the bosses have simple weaknesses, but they effectively, and in most cases, brilliantly, make use of the latest ability. That boss is a perfect example; how else could you use the damn thing to fight?

And to be fair, the final boss did give me some problems, as in, without using a fairy, I was down to my last couple of hearts, and it was truly an epic battle, if not "Incredibly difficult."

I think it's one of the best games ever made, be it abnormally challenging or no.

Oh I definitely agree about the final battle. It was simply fantastic. That alone made me like the game even more. It felt like the developers really tried to offer a final battle worthy of the 40+ hour adventure.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Oh I definitely agree about the final battle. It was simply fantastic. That alone made me like the game even more. It felt like the developers really tried to offer a final battle worthy of the 40+ hour adventure.[/QUOTE]
I look forward to eventually getting there. I am just now on the 5th dungeon and am at 32 hours. I am trying to savor every moment of this game. After this I will probably play OOT again. I am in a Zelda mood lately.

Ya
The spider boss was definitely the easiest. I found the water boss the hardest because he kept sucking me up (didnt know you could just go out of his range to grapple, so I would constantly swim above, come close, grapple the eye, and swim backwards as I kept grappling it so he wouldnt take it back. Once it was out of his reach, I whacked it a bunch. I'm sure it would be easier now that I know the guide way though. The final boss I found easy though too... I think I lost maybe 15 hearts through all the 4 phases... so I Thought that was alright (I remember I nailed some pots, I finished with like 9 hearts left). I think I lost just as many hearts there as the water one lol.

Overall though I dont know why people complain about the games difficulty. I mean... its harder than a lot of games I've played out there even though it IS still easy. Viewtiful joe is like the only game I've ever found HARD lol.

I found the difficulty in zelda just right, it had moments of easy and hard mixed in well together. Plus, without a guide you may have to give up some hearts to figure how to beat a boss or find your way around town. If you played n64 zelda this was no big surprise.

Anybody experience glitches in this game? one happened to me in finding a piece of heart
in k village(dont know how to spell), blowing up the set of rocks above cave with chickens yielded the sound but no piece of heart to be found
and another with a boss
twilight boss that teleports todifferent places you been to, in the underwater part of the fight i changed clothes and aciddentally change swords but switched back to its original, the problem was i couldnt strike the boss anymore because the sword lost its light, must be from the accidental switch
. These aint major but its just annoying as you go through this long game.

[quote name='asianxcore']Thanks for all the tips.

I'll try again after work later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you were trying to do it manually. Just do what you did before, but Z-target the things instead. I had no problem with it.

Wow weird glitches....well I never had any glitch in mine. I also never tried anything out of the norm really though (like changing clothes when you're fully underwater and need to breathe)

[quote name='Blind the Thief']
Sounds to me like you were trying to do it manually. Just do what you did before, but Z-target the things instead. I had no problem with it.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. I didn't realize I was doing that until I tried again this morning. Beat it in one go.

I'm a moron. Off to the 8th dungeon.

EDIT: Beat the boss at the end of the 8th dungeon. I usually hate those style of boss fights, but I have to say I had fun with that one.

[quote name='asianxcore']Yup. I didn't realize I was doing that until I tried again this morning. Beat it in one go.

I'm a moron. Off to the 8th dungeon.

EDIT: Beat the boss at the end of the 8th dungeon. I usually hate those style of boss fights, but I have to say I had fun with that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes. As I said before, if you're going to pull a Capcom near the end of your game, this is the way to do it.

Wow, I was severely disappointed with Morpheel (The boss of the water temple). First of all, it's probably the biggest boss in any zelda game ever. It didn't hurt me once, and it's huge. Seriously, I just swap right over to it and hooked onto its back. They could have added some twist to it, I thought it would be an epic battle.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Yes. As I said before, if you're going to pull a Capcom near the end of your game, this is the way to do it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

Also, I just finished the game. So awesome :)

The final boss battle was so much fun. It will go down as one of my favorites for sure.

Ya that was the best boss bottle ever. I think I looked Wind Wakers on foot Ganon form more though, but because TP had so many sequences and it was so visually crazy, it beats it xD

I wanna try the fishing rod trick soon...

[quote name='asianxcore']I couldn't agree more.

Also, I just finished the game. So awesome :)

The final boss battle was so much fun. It will go down as one of my favorites for sure.[/quote]Yeah, the actual last part was by far my favorite. Straightforward but epicly so.
Is "epicly" a word?

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, the actual last part was by far my favorite. Straightforward but epicly so.
Is "epicly" a word?
[/QUOTE]

Nah.

i jsut beat the 7th dungeon, i thought the dungeon it self was a little easy and did not have as many puzzles. boss fight was good but fairly easy.

Welp, I've been catching up on my Zelda-ing... just beat the Sky temple earlier today. The boss rattled my nerves a little, but true to form, didn't have to use any healing potions or faeries to get through. Really liked this one and the Temple of Time a lot better than the Snow Peak Ruins.

Don't really mind the low-ish difficulty, though. For me, Zelda is about the adventuring spirit, not about insane difficulty. I think it was a good decision to break the heart pieces into five to stretch out the hunting a little more. The sidequests have been brilliant fun.

I just (finally) beat it last night. I haven't had much time to play since December. Took me about 46 hours, maybe 1 and half of which total was on pause. I got all the bugs, 19/20 hearts and 44/60 poes. I think if I actually went to get everything it would take 50-55 hours (cuz of the damn poes).

I think the final boss fight was awesome. Not really hard (I lost probably 12 hearts, and all because of not knowing exactly what to do for the second part of the second form, but I did use magic armor for most of the final form until I completely figured it out). I think it was a great final fight, the different forms were much better than the forms in Wind Waker, IMO.

I actually think probably only 2 or 3 of the bosses weren't awesome fights. None of them were incredibly challenging, but they were just huge and cool looking.

All in all, it's Zelda. Great fucking game, can't wait for the next one.

EDIT: I also agree with Scobie that I don't mind that it wasn't insanely hard or anything. Maybe some more difficult puzzles, but not fights. Zelda is more about figuring out the trick to the bosses than making it hard to actually hit them or having to hit some button at just the right time or you die like some other games.

Why did everyone complain about the difficult of the sliding ice puzzle?
The jumping statue one was much more difficult, sliding ice was easy.

I thought they were both easy... I did all the sliding ice puzzles in the game, and the only one that I didnt get right away was the 2nd one in the Snowpeak Ruins. Once I figured that out, the heart piece one was easy as cake. Jumping puzzle was the other one I didnt get right away, but I think I got that one on my 4th or 5th try, one of those I didnt know I could jump on the same block, and the other I jumped on the same one by accident xD. But....ya jumping one is probably the "hardest" in the game, followed by the 2nd sliding ice on in snowpeak.

And I also liked the difficulty. I hate being stuck on one part for an hour. The most I was stuck was around 15 minutes at a few points and that's good for me. Otherwise I get bored and it feels like a waste of time. I actually don't really care about difficult in games...as long as its not SO EASY that I can run through a level without fear of the enemies because if they hit me it won't matter. If the gameplay and stuff is good, then w/e.

I just want to know if Twilight Princess has the Zelda theme anywhere in the game. And I mean the entire theme not just bits and pieces. I keep waiting for the game to hit me with the music, but it never comes.

I also just beat the game today. I have to say I loved almost every minute of it. It is almost my favorite Zelda game ever but I will still give OOT a slight edge. I think the main reason I loved this game was because it was so similar to OOT, which is probably my favorite game of all-time. I do agree with some of you who say it is too easy, I think I died about 2 times the entire game. But Zelda games have never known to be that tough (except LttP AARGH!!!). I think next I might play thru the OOT Master Quest that I have never played through. That sounds like a blast. VIVA LA ZELDA!!!!

Finished it up last night (not 100% complete, but finished the story line). Great plot and I loved the ending. Tough call to put this above OoT as my second favorite Zelda game (LttP still #1 in my book) but it's a close contender.

Screw spoiler tags. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO PLAYS THIS GAME NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!

Do NOT save in the room with the giant cannon! You'll know what I mean when you get there.

This game has been out for two months and I never, ever heard of this glitch. Effectively, your game is completely and utterly ruined. You cannot leave this room if you save and quit inside of it.

PLEASE spread this around profusely. I'm very active on boards, especially this one, and though I found out this problem after searching for it, I really really really wish I would have known about it before I saved in there.

I seriously doubt I will go back and play this game now.

*day is ruined*

Where is that room, anyway?

I'm about 19 hours into the game, and I'm right before the trip across the desert. Am I moving fast or slow?

[quote name='evanft']Where is that room, anyway?

I'm about 19 hours into the game, and I'm right before the trip across the desert. Am I moving fast or slow?[/quote]It's between the sixth and seventh dungeons. You can find more information through google, and there was a thread here about it. The most helpful thing to do would be to find the YouTube video documenting the glitch. At the point you are currently at, it shouldn't spoil anything for you, and I highly recommend looking at it so you can remember what it looks like so you don't quit in there.

I did find somewhat of a solution. WiiSave.com has two saves for the NTSC Wii version (luckily for me, the only version of the game with this glitch) that are just past the part I became stuck in. It's still painful to just abandon my save, but this one has close to the same amount of hearts (12), time (about 28 hours), bugs, Poes, and other various optional items.

I'm almost over what happened, but I was pretty close to destroying my Zelda disc, ripping the console apart, and damning Nintendo to hell.

Anyway, evan, you're going very slowly.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Screw spoiler tags. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO PLAYS THIS GAME NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!

Do NOT save in the room with the giant cannon! You'll know what I mean when you get there.

This game has been out for two months and I never, ever heard of this glitch. Effectively, your game is completely and utterly ruined. You cannot leave this room if you save and quit inside of it.

PLEASE spread this around profusely. I'm very active on boards, especially this one, and though I found out this problem after searching for it, I really really really wish I would have known about it before I saved in there.

I seriously doubt I will go back and play this game now.

*day is ruined*[/quote]

I heard about it like, 300 something times and I'm no where near that part. Maybe I'm just less careful around spoilers than you.

Ya I heard about it a million times before I played too. I read all the threads, but didnt really know any key spoilers till I reached end game. You must have been really scared for spoilers to miss it...

[quote name='Z-Saber']It's between the sixth and seventh dungeons. You can find more information through google, and there was a thread here about it. The most helpful thing to do would be to find the YouTube video documenting the glitch. At the point you are currently at, it shouldn't spoil anything for you, and I highly recommend looking at it so you can remember what it looks like so you don't quit in there.

I did find somewhat of a solution. WiiSave.com has two saves for the NTSC Wii version (luckily for me, the only version of the game with this glitch) that are just past the part I became stuck in. It's still painful to just abandon my save, but this one has close to the same amount of hearts (12), time (about 28 hours), bugs, Poes, and other various optional items.

I'm almost over what happened, but I was pretty close to destroying my Zelda disc, ripping the console apart, and damning Nintendo to hell.

Anyway, evan, you're going very slowly.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I kinda thought I was going fast for some reason. Thanks for the info.

Man, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this game. I have a Chemistry exam Monday, but Zelda just keeps callin' me.

bread's done
Back