Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

Have the first, played it a little, seems repetitive. Don't want to shell out $50 for more of the same, but with online play and prettier visuals.

[quote name='wjhard63']Picking this up on Tuesday as a new video game start-up store in my area gives 10% discounts on all pre-orders with their $20 annual membership, so I've made that back in all my Wii pre-orders alone (FE, BWII, MP3, SPG, SSBB).

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that players who disconnect will be penalized in their stats? I would jump online more with the DS, but too many wifi games there allow for disconnects without penalities and it is rampant on a lot of games (MPH, Chocobo Tales, Mario Kart) - kills the competitive spirit.[/quote]

It has been confirmed that players who disconnect receive penalties (I think negative points). There are "seasons" which run each week and the points you earn during your online matches rank you on the current season's leaderboard.

Each week, the season resets, and everyone starts back at zero again.

When is this officially coming out? Nintendo's site says today, the 30th. Paper ads are saying Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the store.

[quote name='jhuehne']When is this officially coming out? Nintendo's site says today, the 30th. Paper ads are saying Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the store.[/quote]

Ships today, should be in most stores tomorrow (EB/GS, CC, BB for sure). I'm sure someone will find a random copy at Wal-Mart or something today.

Hmm.. I have $65 in Amazon credit.. I know that waiting for a price drop would be asinine..and the least this game will ever be on sale (in the near future) will be for $40 (if CC keeps up the good work like that)..so I might just bite. I really enjoyed the GCN one....Hmm.....What to do?

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm.. I have $65 in Amazon credit.. I know that waiting for a price drop would be asinine..and the least this game will ever be on sale (in the near future) will be for $40 (if CC keeps up the good work like that)..so I might just bite. I really enjoyed the GCN one....Hmm.....What to do?[/quote]Get it. Play it. Enjoy it.

[quote name='daroga']Get it. Play it. Enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Hate you ;)
I'll be making my way to Amazon in a few minutes..lol :(

At least I managed to snag one of the PriceGrabber rebates!

I've been really stoked for this after watching the videos and reading some reviews. Shame there are no deals on it, but it's my birthday Wednesday and I want it, so I can justify full price.

[quote name='botticus']The first Wi-Fi game for those of us without Pokemon is due to arrive on July 30th, and there will be much rejoicing.

Once the game is out, I'll set this thread up for everybody's favorite friend code exchange.[/quote]*cries quietly in a corner*

[quote name='Tybee']Shame there are no deals on it[/QUOTE]Scroll up. $42.99 at FamilyVideo.com ($43.99 shipped), less if you use a coupon code.

[quote name='wjhard63'] I would jump online more with the DS, but too many wifi games there allow for disconnects without penalities and it is rampant on a lot of games (MPH, Chocobo Tales, Mario Kart) - kills the competitive spirit.[/QUOTE]
For me it's not about the competition, it's more about simply wasting my time. I wait for people to join and connect, and then to see 2 of the 4 participants drop as we're halfway to 2/3rds done makes the wait completely not worth it. If disconnects aren't accounted for in a meaningful, visible manner, I won't bother with Nintendo's goofy version of online play.
[quote name='Rocko']Have the first, played it a little, seems repetitive. Don't want to shell out $50 for more of the same, but with online play and prettier visuals.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this mostly. I may eventually get this one, but I'm finished buying games at release due to my being starved for decent games. The only problem with Strikers is that it doesn't seem like a title that's going to drop in price very quickly. Oh well. There will be more than enough good games coming out over the next 3-4 quarters, anyhow.

[quote name='daroga']Just picked it up from Wal-Mart. Gonna crack the seal and play a bit. :)[/quote]

You mofo! I almost swung by one this afternoon but decided it probably wasn't worth it. It probably wasn't worth it at my local Wal-Mart.

[quote name='lebowsky']You mofo! I almost swung by one this afternoon but decided it probably wasn't worth it. It probably wasn't worth it at my local Wal-Mart.[/quote]It wasn't at our close one either. But I called the 3 closest (about 6 miles or so) and one of them had it.

Just did all the training. The game controls very well I think. The Wii-remote tackles are great. I think I'm gonna try a real cup now and see what that's like. But, for those who care, my friend code is:

063315 348688 (XBL: daroga)

botticus, if you're going to compile FCs here, could you maybe also include an XBL name if applicable? Being able to voice chat while we play would be fun.

See ya on the field!

Sure, I'll just pretend I'm voice chatting with you guys. My wife might think I'm crazy, but we all know what's going on.

Might as well see if my Wal-Mart has it yet (swap it with my EB preorder tomorrow), I have the whole night free if so. Not going to drive any distance for it, though.

[quote name='daroga']I suppose we could use skype or something like that too. Are computers ahndy for you guys where you play Wii?[/quote]Never used any of those sorts of software, but yeah, my laptop sits on the coffee table in front of the couch where I sit to play games. Whatever is most convenient for everyone. I'll just have to go dig out my old cell phone headset if we go that route.

I don't really wanna go out of my way for voice chat much, no 360 either. But I suppose if other CAGs really want and they also have verizon, I wouldn't mind calling since I have free long distance. Just don't call me back late at night and talk dirty to me.

Excellent, the Walmart on the way home from work has it in stock, looks like I'll be pulling the old switcheroo tomorrow.

Daroga, you better get practicing - you're mine in 3 hours. 3.5 hours if I feel like playing a single player match first.

[quote name='botticus']Excellent, the Walmart on the way home from work has it in stock, looks like I'll be pulling the old switcheroo tomorrow.

Daroga, you better get practicing - you're mine in 3 hours. 3.5 hours if I feel like playing a single player match first.[/QUOTE]

Aw, man, guys... I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow. I called the Gamestop where I have this preordered and they definitely said tomorrow (there was some hope that with us being so close to NOA they might get it early according to the manager). Walmart is a huge out of the way trip for me, so I guess I'll just wait. No fair practicing too much tonight, guys :cry:.

And yes, it would be cool (and kind of odd) to use the 360 as a voice chat device while playing Strikers. I've never had both machines on at once though - hopefully the 360 won't fry the Wii. Now if only the 360 friends list would show that I'm playing Wii games too :lol:. I think MS and Nintendo need to enter some sort of partnership, though I would have mixed feelings about that!

[quote name='botticus']Daroga, you better get practicing - you're mine in 3 hours. 3.5 hours if I feel like playing a single player match first.[/quote]You'd be amazed how awesome I am at this game. I just won the first cup, and all the rookie challenges. Yes, rookie!

Tonight might be out for me. Kinda forgot we're going over to another couples' house for dinner and tubing on their lake. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

Oh, and sean? Pick this up :)

[quote name='daroga']You'd be amazed how awesome I am at this game. I just won the first cup, and all the rookie challenges. Yes, rookie!

Tonight might be out for me. Kinda forgot we're going over to another couples' house for dinner and tubing on their lake. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

Oh, and sean? Pick this up :)[/quote]That sounds incredibly lame. I hope you get whipped off the tube and have to go home and play video games.

Just ordered from Family Video and used a first-timer coupon and 99 cent shipping, so got it for under $39 shipped. But excitement is high and I want to play with you guys online, so I may go ahead and pick this up at WalMart if I can find it tonight, then return the FV copy to WalMart when it comes.

[quote name='Staind204']Does walmarts POS system come up and say DO NOT SELL UNTIL 07/31 when they ring up this game?[/quote]Nice edit ;)

Since daroga got it, I'm guessing no. I don't think anything outside of the big releases are generally streetdated.

[quote name='Staind204']Does walmarts POS system come up and say DO NOT SELL UNTIL 07/31 when they ring up this game?[/QUOTE]

well the release date on this was the 30th..............

Shipping estimate for these items: August 9, 2007
Delivery estimate: August 16, 2007 - August 22, 2007

S.I.G.H.
But I'm not really that upset since it's being paid with Amazon credit. But personally, I always tend to get games before the estimated dates. Happened quite a few times. I think Resident Evil 4 was the only game that came CLOSE to the estimate date..and it still came 3 days before. Planet Puzzle League came a week before the estimate ^_^

Hopefully more of you get it and can post your opinions! I really hope this is good, lol

Picked mine up on the way home, about to get playing. I'll add my friend code to the OP shortly.

... if I could connect. Guess I'll try that again later.

[quote name='botticus']Picked mine up on the way home, about to get playing. I'll add my friend code to the OP shortly.

... if I could connect. Guess I'll try that again later.[/QUOTE]

Haha - I am worried that with a real online game here I might have to move my wireless router closer to the Wii (it is 3 rooms and about 40-50 feet away). It has been a bit flaky in the past but it never mattered much when all I was doing was the Weather channel or Everybody Votes. I'll have to see how it handles a fast-paced game like this. I do have to say I wish the Wii came with a wired connection option. My 360 connection is rock solid through the old-fashioned ethernet cables.

[quote name='io']Haha - I am worried that with a real online game here I might have to move my wireless router closer to the Wii (it is 3 rooms and about 40-50 feet away). It has been a bit flaky in the past but it never mattered much when all I was doing was the Weather channel or Everybody Votes. I'll have to see how it handles a fast-paced game like this. I do have to say I wish the Wii came with a wired connector. My 360 connection is rock solid through the old-fashioned ethernet cables.[/quote]I have a feeling I just haven't changed the connection back from the one I use at my parents' cottage... so I hope I haven't missed any important messages in the last month. :lol: Just gotta finish up the last two tutorials then I'll check it out.

[quote name='daroga']lilboo, just go get it locally and return the Amazon copy to the B&M store when it comes.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'm not in THAT much wanting of this game..so I don't mind waiting another week really. Plus I just downloaded Paper Mario today..so hopefully that can hold me off for a week or 2 :)...plus this Pokemon obsession is killing my poor backlog. I've gotten so many games from the lagoons, prizerebel, etc..but ALL I've been playing has been Pearl & Battle Revolution!

Can't wait to start posting Wii friend codes!! lol this is exciting! (Though, I DO have Battle Revolution..yet, I haven't taken it online yet..)

I really hope this is a blast online. Would love to be apart of tournaments here!

[quote name='io']Haha - I am worried that with a real online game here I might have to move my wireless router closer to the Wii (it is 3 rooms and about 40-50 feet away). It has been a bit flaky in the past but it never mattered much when all I was doing was the Weather channel or Everybody Votes. I'll have to see how it handles a fast-paced game like this. I do have to say I wish the Wii came with a wired connection option. My 360 connection is rock solid through the old-fashioned ethernet cables.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I don't know if my retard gene is kicking in (for some reason, i feel confused. I have no idea why.) But if you want to make your Wii wired..you can! (Well, depending on your set up..of course)

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-LAN-Ada...58?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185833233&sr=8-4

It's not in stock, but they DO have something for it! I hope I helped lol :)

Wow, someone already has 409 points today? I don't know how many that is in game terms, but it seems like a lot. I'm thinking about taking a screenshot of my 168 ranking, since that's probably the highest it will ever be. Friend code added to OP.

daroga, double-check your FC. Tells me it's incorrect.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey, I don't know if my retard gene is kicking in (for some reason, i feel confused. I have no idea why.) But if you want to make your Wii wired..you can! (Well, depending on your set up..of course)

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-LAN-Ada...58?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185833233&sr=8-4

It's not in stock, but they DO have something for it! I hope I helped lol :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that, like, costs money and stuff. Plus I'd need to get another hub if my 360 and Wii are to share the one Ethernet jack in my entertainment center (I actually designed the wiring for my house built in 2003 - at the time I didn't forsee the need for more than a single phone/ethernet in my living room and I figured it would be for phone use if anything :lol: - of course, this was before I got back into gaming). The wireless is good, actually, if I can get it to be more stable. It worked OK on the DS for Animal Crossing/Clubhouse Games IF I sat in the same room as the router.

[quote name='botticus']Wow, someone already has 409 points today? I don't know how many that is in game terms, but it seems like a lot. I'm thinking about taking a screenshot of my 168 ranking, since that's probably the highest it will ever be. Friend code added to OP.

daroga, double-check your FC. Tells me it's incorrect.[/QUOTE]

So I take it shows worldwide leaderboards too?! If that's the case, is that 409 referring to someone has scored a total of 409 points..in wifi matches?

[quote name='lilboo']So I take it shows worldwide leaderboards too?! If that's the case, is that 409 referring to someone has scored a total of 409 points..in wifi matches?[/quote]It has weekly/daily/friend leaderboards. triforcing (I think) has 409 points just today. And I believe those are points scored only in ranked (random?) matches.

After I finish the Fire Cup, I'm gonna have a go at a ranked match. See how badly I get beaten. :D

[quote name='botticus']It has weekly/daily/friend leaderboards. triforcing (I think) has 409 points just today. And I believe those are points scored only in ranked (random?) matches.[/QUOTE]

Oh noes, we already got Nintendo Wi-Fi leaderboard boosters ;). Though if it is random ranked matches, as you say, that would be more difficult.

bread's done
Back