Official National Football League (NFL) 2006 Regular season kickoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my ghawd... the Vikings actually figured out the point of Football is to *WIN* and not to lose. :rofl:

Looks like the Pats are going to have a battle today... Bears false started on the field goal so now its a 45 year kick.....

COME ON PATS!!!!

fucking niners. I knew as soon as I saw the kick team on a forth and centemeters that it was going to bite the niners in the ass at the end.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Oh my ghawd... the Vikings actually figured out the point of Football is to *WIN* and not to lose. :rofl:
[/B][/QUOTE]

They sure tried their hardest to blow it in the end though...Should've won by 20 but ended up squeking it out.

[quote name='starman9000']They sure tried their hardest to blow it in the end though...Should've won by 20 but ended up squeking it out.[/QUOTE]

Which is so typical of the Vikings to almost blow it like that.

*sigh*

Pats vs Bears has been a game of interceptions. I just pray the Pats can survive this.

Hah, did you see the Big O for the Giants let go of Vince Young.

This shows ytou why the announcers suck. everybody is wondering why he let Young Go. He had his head down and it's pretty obvious by his reaction that he thought Vince Young had thrown the ball away. You can see when he lets go he tuirns to his left downfield looking where the ball went.

But Young hadn't thrown the ball so he ran off fopr the first down. Tom Coughlin was screaming sooo hard.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I missed it. Did it bend where it shouldn't have?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, more like it folded where it shouldn't have. Right away I thought his wrist had just gotten funky, then realized it was up further and the bone was snapped.

[quote name='2Fast']My lord the NFC is terrible.[/quote]

I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys are probably the best team in the NFC right now. Besides the Cowboys and Bears, every one else is mediocre at best. That might change when the Seahawks get back at full strength, but I don't know.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys are probably the best team in the NFC right now. Besides the Cowboys and Bears, every one else is mediocre at best. That might change when the Seahawks get back at full strength, but I don't know.[/quote]

Definitely. It would sorta be interesting to see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, since one of my favorite teams is whoever plays the Cowboys :D

[quote name='2Fast']Motherfucking Jaguars.[/quote]Seriously. What's up with that team? They'll probably end up beating the Colts though the week after next, yet they lose to the Bills and go 0-2 against the Texans.

And I hate to call out Marvin Harrison, but he just gave up on that INT/strip by Lito Sheppard. He didn't even try to tackle him which was a bit disappointing. That was the only ball thrown to him the whole game wasn't it? I know Madden was pointing out that he wasn't pouting with his sideline routine (which he was right about), but I sure as hell hope he doesn't start acting up now.

I'm still trying to figure out if Grossman sucked that bad last night, or if New England just played that well...

I hate Time Warner Cable and the NFL Network. Now I'm going to have to find a bar that gets NFL Network to watch the Bengals-Ravens game this Thursday. C'mon mega-corporations, work this out, I want to be able to yell at my TV in the privacy of my own home!

Oh, and Grossman blows. He's from the mold of quarterbacks that just throws it deep over the middle and hopes the wide receiver makes a play. See also: Ben Roethlisberger & Daunte Culpepper.

first of all fuck the nfl network

second. the games are shown in the playing teams area. So it should be availible to the public without nfl network if you live in the ravens or bengals area.

[quote name='SpeedyG']I'm still trying to figure out if Grossman sucked that bad last night, or if New England just played that well...[/quote]He sucks.

Plenty of time left in the game with the ball and what does he do? Heave the fucking ball down the field instead of driving his team down. Chicago needs to get a real QB.

[quote name='DT778']first of all fuck the nfl network

second. the games are shown in the playing teams area. So it should be availible to the public without nfl network if you live in the ravens or bengals area.[/quote]Really? I'll have to look into that. I have NFL Network, and though it is available in HD, we only have the standard signal. If a local affiliate gets it, it should be in HD, right?

Pathetic, but Garcia actually played decently. If only he could throw for longer than 6 yards at a time... Our defense is a fucking joke. Meh.

Go Bolts baby!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Hell yeah, 11-5 pending tonight's game. I have GB winning, but I need Hasselbeck to net at least four points to win fantasy.[/quote]

Wow, you have the Packers beating the Seahawks? Is the game at Lambeau or something?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Really? I'll have to look into that. I have NFL Network, and though it is available in HD, we only have the standard signal. If a local affiliate gets it, it should be in HD, right?[/quote]yes really. Dont know about the HD stuff though.

Packers better win this today with the snow on their side.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, you have the Packers beating the Seahawks? Is the game at Lambeau or something?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind all of my picks were made before the season started.

I don't see why not: Hasselbeck returning from a knee injury on an icy field.

Dammit Hasselbeck, all I need is positive four points, not negative.

Yeah seriously, why the hell are the Packers on Monday Night Football? No one cares about Brett Favre or the Packers (any more) outside of Wisconsin.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Hell yeah, 11-5 pending tonight's game. I have GB winning, but I need Hasselbeck to net at least four points to win fantasy.[/QUOTE]

hows the three points going :lol:

[quote name='2Fast']Yeah seriously, why the hell are the Packers on Monday Night Football? No one cares about Brett Favre or the Packers (any more) outside of Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

Actually they are one of the teams with broad support across the nation a la the Redskins or Cowboys.

Also the cowboys cut vanderjagt. Hopefully Martin Gramatica can do a better job.

Make sure Mike Holmgren cuts the refs a check for that Roughing the Passer call that extended the last TD drive for Seattle.

Oh, and the "illegal contact" call that extended another drive for them.

[quote name='DT778']youre done farve. take your streak and fuck off.[/QUOTE]

What the hell?

Packers are on MNF because it's a Holmgren/Favre/Hasselbeck thing. Makes for good TV. And it was a good game up until the last five minutes, so I say good for them.

And yes, those three (fifteen) points did me very nicely.

dont mind me. i just hate farve and the packers with a passion. but i was rooting for them to win last night but that was only because it would benefit me.

[quote name='DT778']a great game makes good tv not a 3 man love triangle.[/QUOTE]

That's how the schedulers do it, so if you have a problem, take it up with Roger. The networks have to sell the game at the beginning of the season, when you have no clue who is going to be good.

[quote name='DT778']i know how it goes down. im just saying, no fucking way the packers deserve to play on monday night.[/QUOTE]

As bad as they may be today, Favre always brings viewers. They've been on MNF for 14 straight years now, with Favre owning a 17-15 record. Favre also has one of the best plays I've ever seen (Favre to Freeman, via a Viking and Freeman's foot for a game winning TD), so he gets a pass from me. It was entertaining, so I have no problems.

Last night brings me down to 11-5 for the week, 110-66 for the season (.625).

http://blog.myspace.com/sportblogger

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Actually they are one of the teams with broad support across the nation a la the Redskins or Cowboys.

Also the cowboys cut vanderjagt. Hopefully Martin Gramatica can do a better job.[/QUOTE]

I'm a die hard Dallas fan. Cutting Vanderjagt was prolly the worst mistake Parcells could have done. They cut the Best kicker in NFL History just because he is a bit inconsistent this season to bring in a guy that hasn't really played in the NFL in years. Gramatica is 28-45 in his last Kicking Attempts. I don't get what Parcells was thinking. "Ok so we will release Vanderjagt since he isn't living up to expectations to bring in a really shitty kicker who used to be good in the late 90's." Crazy I tell ya.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm a die hard Dallas fan. Cutting Vanderjagt was prolly the worst mistake Parcells could have done. They cut the Best kicker in NFL History just because he is a bit inconsistent this season to bring in a guy that hasn't really played in the NFL in years. Gramatica is 28-45 in his last Kicking Attempts. I don't get what Parcells was thinking. "Ok so we will release Vanderjagt since he isn't living up to expectations to bring in a really shitty kicker who used to be good in the late 90's." Crazy I tell ya.[/QUOTE]

Which Gramatica is this? The one with the head-butting problem or the one that injured himself celebrating a game-winner? Kickers are such badasses.

[quote name='jughead']Which Gramatica is this? The one with the head-butting problem or the one that injured himself celebrating a game-winner? Kickers are such badasses.[/QUOTE]

Martin. The one that played for Tampa Bay. I believe he is the one who hurt himself celebrating. His brother Bill had the Head Butting problem in Arizona :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Martin. The one that played for Tampa Bay. I believe he is the one who hurt himself celebrating. His brother Bill had the Head Butting problem in Arizona :)[/QUOTE]

no, it was bill who broke his leg or tore his acl

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back