Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, you guys need to look up... let's put it this way.

#1- everyone starts fresh now, so no glitchers and everyone's stats will be the same to start.

#2- we just need to have a little more cohesion, we should be able to suggest and discuss better ways to win, or point out things people are doing wrong without it becoming an arguement or anyone getting hard feelings. I play hockey, people tell me stuff I'm doing wrong all the time.

#3- we need to spot who are the better players at each position. I think we have done this for the most part. There are 2 or 3 guys who are pretty solid, to pretty good that can play goal

#4- and lastly, speaking of goal, the game will now match us up with teams carrying the same number of human players... Unless it's 6 on 6, or if the opposing team chooses a manual goalie with less than six... we should never have a manual goalie... it puts you at a huge disadvantage from the jump.

Maybe we can even choose a captain with assistants or something to help everything get in line.

All this stuff, of course, depends if we really care on being decent or just playing for fun... if we don't care about the end results, that's fine too. I have a blast either way.

Also, some hands-on with the new features... whacking pucks out of mid-air FTW http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/995/995281p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to be able to play well and have fun. But while glitchers were a big part of the problem, we really only had a handful of guys who truly understood how to play OTP properly. Plenty of guys showed that they had skill in versus games, via the league, but in OTP, we'd sometimes have all 5 skaters going after the opposing puck carrier.

Most of all, though, I hope I get to play more often this season. But I still have my Ontario Reign season ticket (well, my friend renewed the pair) so I could very well miss out on many more Friday nights.

[quote name='Matt Young']Dude, we're not coming close to a championship. LOL.[/QUOTE]

You never know ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm glad people will now be penalized for hitting after whistles online... it got so corny...

Capture Multiple Championships: The coveted EA SPORTS Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.

^interested in what that's all about.[/QUOTE]

That will be nice. Honestly, I think I improved once the new patch came out. Sure i got some penalties but I learned to adjust my play. But you damn well KNOW I will be the intimidator in this game. You don't mess with my team at all and they will know this :D

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']were lucky if we can find the ice rink each game.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! That should be posted in the OP :D

[quote name='DestroVega']man, you guys need to look up... let's put it this way.

#1- everyone starts fresh now, so no glitchers and everyone's stats will be the same to start.
[/QUOTE]

Sad part is Destro, DAY ONE you know there will be glitchers and cheaters no matter what. It's just inevitable.

Also, I'm happy the Pen's won. :D Won a couple bucks off my team finally, But I gotta say, Get rid of Crosby and put LEMIEUX back in damn it! He looks damn good for his age and looks like he is ready to play again!

The king of sports games is back, baby! I'm gonna pre-order this right away. EA's NHL games rarely drop in price. I didn't get 09 because of funds at the time and it's pointless to buy it now. Can't wait for '10!

Yeah, I was gonna say... ya know. I usually don't give a game this much attention but as FAIL as EA is, the NHL09 games might actually be the exception. This game is still worth getting and enjoying til 10 gets here.

EA Sports has gotten a lot better in recent years. Madden 08 and 09 were both excellent, with 09 featuring dramatic improvements to many facets of gameplay and presentation. They make Fight Night, which kicks ass. NCAA Football is pretty good as well. Granted, NBA Live still sucks, but what can you do.

EDIT: Forgot Tiger Woods. And I can't stand real golf.

Added all the updates to the OP. The game is really looking great! Hopefully the new goalie animations include swatting away cross crease passes. 2.5 months away guys! :)

If it's anything like last year, we can have multiples of the same jersey number playing at the same time. I remember at one time we had like 4 Matt Youngs playing at once.

Chuck norris is missing his on ice action. Only chuck norris can hip check someone and score a goal in the same play! Man I wished I saved that video clip!

Wow NHL10 is a first day pickup for me. I hope Amazon will have same-day delivery (doubt it) and we can get a head start on building the Sex Panthers into a juggernaut (doubt it). I like the GM mode and the prospect game and atually getting drafted and playing for a team that has a need for your position.

I'm still playing NHL09 and was one win away from the Streaker achievement, but I ran into a buzzsaw in the New York Rangers (HA!). Once I'm able to get that, I may then finally trade it in. We'll see though... :)

Is that the 5 straight wins in the playoffs achievement? That one's easy.

I bought NHL 08 in late May 2008 and breezed through a full season in 3 weeks or so. On 09, I still haven't finished 1 season. Granted, last time I played was 50-odd days ago (and it still shows on my recent players list; school fucked up my Live time, eh?) but I had just advanced to the Cup Final against the Islanders, of all teams. They had that Sabrina Ladha cunt as their net minder. But the EASHL is the real reason I never finished. As for BAP, I maybe got in 30 games.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Stores are offering $18 TIV for 09 up here, so I'll just trade it in towards NHL 10 :)[/QUOTE]

I would love to be able to trade this in but its the only games I have time to sit down and play a game or two with and not have to get to involved.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is that the 5 straight wins in the playoffs achievement? That one's easy.

I bought NHL 08 in late May 2008 and breezed through a full season in 3 weeks or so. On 09, I still haven't finished 1 season. Granted, last time I played was 50-odd days ago (and it still shows on my recent players list; school fucked up my Live time, eh?) but I had just advanced to the Cup Final against the Islanders, of all teams. They had that Sabrina Ladha cunt as their net minder. But the EASHL is the real reason I never finished. As for BAP, I maybe got in 30 games.[/QUOTE]

No that's the win five ranked Live matches in a row. I always seem to run into someone who is an expert at the game... :(

And yes someone's job hould be to find the make-a-wish kid and sen her to Russia. hat was annoying competeing against her during the first bap...

Hello again gentlemen, I have finally figured out my internet connection, and it's nice to be back on the hockey train. I know I have not seen many of you in a couple months, But I was a little sad coming to the forum and not being able to play. I'll be playing NHL09 all summer, I don't care if I get $2 for the trade in on NHL10, I'm not giving it up for anything yet.

I am super stocked for the next version, adding to the epic game from 09 this will be a game changer once again. See you boys on the ice.

Captain OBVIOU5

It's mostly because my 360 won't play my disc :)
hahahahaha, I'm evil.
But its so clean, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on anybody elses...
My 360 just hates me.

My friend had a brand new elite and a brand new copy of Rainbow Six Vegas 2. A week or so into playing it the elite stopped "accepting" it. It would not play or have a disk read error. He didn't have a scratch on the disk, I looked at it. There was nothing wrong with with the system... it was... NEW!?

So yeah, I believe you. Tree'D (sorry had too. lol)

[quote name='Panther1484']No that's the win five ranked Live matches in a row. I always seem to run into someone who is an expert at the game... :(

And yes someone's job hould be to find the make-a-wish kid and sen her to Russia. hat was annoying competeing against her during the first bap...[/QUOTE]

i got that achievement even though I lost a match in between winning 5.. made no sense, but I'll take it!

[quote name='DestroVega']i got that achievement even though I lost a match in between winning 5.. made no sense, but I'll take it![/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I had to win 6 in a row to get it. My 5th win came on a person who disconnected in the 3rd period (because I was beating his ass). I still got the win, but it didn't give me the achievement. So, I had to risk it all and play another game. REALLY glad I didn't lose that one because I would have been pissed. I also finally got the hat trick achievement my last day playing the game (in the playoffs of my BAP season). It was my 3rd time getting a hat trick (the other two were online), but the first time it actually registered.

Oh, and I meant to post this a while back, but somehow forgot. I checked the Sex Panthers team stats before I traded the game. I finished with the most games played...at 438, haha. And I ended up with the most hits, beating Vulcan by 2 (although he played significantly less games). I think he still led the team in penalty minutes though. We had some good times. Can't wait to get back on the ice for another season! :)

Yeah, I haven't traded it in because I am still going through my goalie BAP. Don't play nearly as much as I used to but it's still fun.

I am picking up '10 day one and will be in for EASHL.

[quote name='slickkill77']I remember our custom jerseys that someone created on here last year[/QUOTE]

This?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']The original
cagjerseyer1.png
PDVRST_FRONT.JPG

The logo looks bad because I just pasted the cheapyd image on top of the blank jersey. We would have to get a custom logo made if we were going to actually order something.
cagjersey2sv9.png
PDTRON_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey6eh3.png
PDRANK_FRONT.JPG

This one reminds me of super crazy way too much
cagjersey3ff1.png
PDTHDR_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey4yw5.png
PDTSTP_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey5wy3.png
PDAZTC_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey7pt4.png
PDMYAN_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey8sf2.png
PDGILL_FRONT.JPG

We could also do a totally custom jersey like this one
PDNONE_FRONT.JPG
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pure Apathy']The jerseys cost $69 CAD a piece which comes out to $64.62.

Here are the sizes they have:
GXXL - Cut designed for goalies
XXL - players over 6′ 2″
XL - most players between 5′ 10″ and 6′ 2″
L - players up to 5′ 10″
M - players up to 5′ 4″
S - players up to 5′

Also here is the website and there are quite a few options for jerseys.
http://www.lagasports.com/index.html

This place has really nice sewn jerseys but they can be pricey.
http://www.highstick.com/

If people are interested in getting jerseys made let me know. I think we have to have a minimum order of 10 though. I'll post a few more designs too just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']A couple jersey options based on my above logo. The style I like...just couldn't decide on a color scheme. This is from a different website than what RawisJericho was using. Not sure on their prices, but the minimum order here is 12. They've got a lot of options: http://www.thesportingstore.com/Hockey-Uniforms_c_11.html

cagjersey1.jpg

cagjersey2.jpg

cagjersey3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I updated the OP and I like the first jersey out of the three you posted n8rockerasu.

Here's what the most popular jersey I came up with looks like with your logo on it.

cagjersey9ov4.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Panther1484']Custom jerseys need to be in a sports game. Period![/QUOTE]

EA and the rest of the world fear the creation of the "Dick-Head Warriors" if this ever happened. I suppose they could require approval before custom images could be used. I'd fall all over myself to slap a Sex Panther logo on our jerseys though. I think that would push me over the edge of getting one made in real life.

I was looking at hockey jerseys last night. ccm does custom jerseys. Runs a little high about 90.00 a peice but they can do any color scheme and any logo.

I can't wait for this freaking game. It sounds like they've really listened to the community and made some needed changes. I'll just be happy to see some chicks in the crowd.

I would miss '09 more, but it's already down to 800 on goozex, so I don't really regret trading it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Man, so GOOD seeing those old jerseys and my name and number on the back. I Still want one damn it! :D[/QUOTE]

So do I! :D

*edit*
wow, I'm excited after watching that trailer!!!

Awesome trailor. Graphics look much cleaner. Phoenix Coyotes are confirmed in the game (Unless there is a Balsille Owner mode), and this wil be the game of the fall for me.

Cannot wait fellas. The Sex Panthers' abstinance will end September 9th! :D

EDIT:Your regularly scheduled awesome Penguins video. Hilarious and I figured by fellow Penguin Brotherin would love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxyODIdXJM

Ha Ha, "you fucked up Hossa". Maybe Detroit will see that ,MAYBE, Hossa is the problem? lol. I would love to here some interviews from here just to see what he is feeling right now lol.

Also the Trailer is sweet. I'm glad they took into my consideration that I wanted Female fans in the crowd to Woo :D

Haha, the best part about that video is that it's "Feat. Ray Shero"! Other than that who is that Hossa guy? Did he play for the Red Wing in the Finals? I sure didn't see him. :lol:

I've actually been playing alot of 09 lately, mostly beating my brother in law, but was considering going for my Offline Legend Card. I heard the achievement was pretty glitchy though, something about your trophies disappearing? WTF?

EDIT: Just checked out the trailer, pretty decent. Glad they went with Kane over Perry for the cover. Nice to see soon to be former Penguin Rob Scuderi getting some PT in the trailer about 15 seconds in. :lol: I'll give the trailer an A-, the only problem being a shot of the Pens holding the Cup in Joe Louis Arena being omitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back