Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Matt Young']I feel bad for Chicago. Being from Illinois originally, I have friends that are Blackhawks fans. I am not a fan of the team myself, of course, but now they've cursed themselves for 12 years. They've already gone longer than the Kings without a Cup. Actually, Chicago's last Cup was a full 6 years before the original expansion in which the Kings entered the league.

Add to that the fact that most of those friends are Cubs and Bears fans as well, and one cannot help but pity them. Well, bot the Bears-loving part. They deserve to suffer for being a fan of that team.[/QUOTE]

fuck you man........ DA BEARSSSSSS.

And my prediction: Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champs within 3 years.

Kings paid too much for Scuderi. He's an average defenseman who had an extraordinary final. That eing said, hopefully he can help the kings mak the playoffs again.

Wow, nice to see all the guys raring to go a full 2 months before the game comes out, haha. We really had some great times last season, and this year should be even better! Also, I can't believe I missed that DrP1zza thread. That was amazing! Even if it's late, I had to add my two cents.

[quote name='cgarb84']fuck you man........ DA BEARSSSSSS.

And my prediction: Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champs within 3 years.[/QUOTE]

hope you have someone else to score goals in the playoffs :)

[quote name='Panther1484']Kings paid too much for Scuderi. He's an average defenseman who had an extraordinary final. That eing said, hopefully he can help the kings mak the playoffs again.[/QUOTE]

The Kings already have the talent in place. They could use a big time scorer, certainly, but there's no doubt in my mind that this group can contend once they have a little more seasoning.

No way. Jonathan Quick, with his .914 save percentage, was incredible last season, and he even had a winning record despite playing for the 5th worst team (record wise) in the league and getting some really lackluster support from the offense. Plus Ersberg's not too bad, and we have Bernier in Manchester.

No, the Kings' goalies aren't on the level of, say, Evgeni Nabokov. But they're also all in their early 20's.

Yeah... It's a miracle that anyone was willing to give anything in return for LOLBarbera. I figured he'd ride the pine and then fade away after his contract expired. But Vancouver was desperate enough, with Luongo injured, to give up a 7th round draft pick. Now he's signed with the Coyotes, so if the team remains in existence, we can all laugh as the Kings rip him apart.

The Coyotes were like 5th in the west t the All-Star break. Pretty much everything they've done since has been stupid, but it kind of makes sense given the situation the team is in right now. But they basically had a fire sale at the trading deadline.

God damn it looks so much better then last years. And I love the fact that the fight mean something and can rejuevinate your team to play better. Vulcan, I'm looking squarely at you buddy. :)

Also the fake shots and shooting from the knees will add more of a challene to playing goalie. September can not come soon enough! :D

Hopefully this all translates to EASHL as well. If it does, good news for us. Now I just gotta learn how to fight all over again. Looks so damn good. It's so close yet So far away.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']it would be cool if you could transfer over your be a pro[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I said about MLB 09. With all the improvements these games make to make the career and franchise modes better, it gets harder each year to stop playing them and want to start over with a new game.

Obviously, SCEA and EA would want you to buy the next year's game though, so allowing you to import your career stats/franchise history and just continue playing would be a great thing.

It really wouldn't be very difficult as they'd mostly just be transferring numbers. I would just love for NHL 0h-10 to know that as a rookie Center, I scored 43 goals and led the Sabres to the Stanley Cup in 2008-2009. It would also be nice to have my progression of skill points from being a 2nd year player right off the bat as well.

So for our first NHL10 league, would you guys want to do a lottery draft before the game comes out? We really wouldn't know which team would be the strongest and by looking at how each team is shaping up via free agency, it could add a little twist to our inaugeral NHL10 season.

I think it's time to return my FNR4 for this...looks excellent. I loved the first one. Played multiple seasons as normal franchise and the Road to the Show version (or whatever it was called...haha)

[quote name='doubledown']I think it's time to return my FNR4 for this...looks excellent. I loved the first one. Played multiple seasons as normal franchise and the Road to the Show version (or whatever it was called...haha)[/QUOTE]

I finally traded in my copy of NHL 09 today and to be honest I almost didnt let it go. I dont think I can go the 2+ months till NHL 10 comes out. I think hands down NHL 09 has been my favorite game of this generation of consoles and in my top 5 of all time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's what I said about MLB 09. With all the improvements these games make to make the career and franchise modes better, it gets harder each year to stop playing them and want to start over with a new game.

Obviously, SCEA and EA would want you to buy the next year's game though, so allowing you to import your career stats/franchise history and just continue playing would be a great thing.

It really wouldn't be very difficult as they'd mostly just be transferring numbers. I would just love for NHL 0h-10 to know that as a rookie Center, I scored 43 goals and led the Sabres to the Stanley Cup in 2008-2009. It would also be nice to have my progression of skill points from being a 2nd year player right off the bat as well.[/QUOTE]

theonly problem would be the glitchers would still be ranked 99's though. I hope they fixed some of the glitch goals though.

I want the pens first this season. Since I had them in our last league and the league shut down mid season.

[quote name='Panther1484']So for our first NHL10 league, would you guys want to do a lottery draft before the game comes out? We really wouldn't know which team would be the strongest and by looking at how each team is shaping up via free agency, it could add a little twist to our inaugeral NHL10 season.[/QUOTE]

First off, I'd like to try out one of the 1v1 CAG leagues once the game comes out this year. I had moved away from the game due to the online glitchers by the time the CAG leagues started and didn't participate. I always liked playing 1v1 in the NHL games back to the Sega days.

Can you do a fantasy draft league in NHL? I would be all for that and it will make it alot easier than determining who is who team-wise. although now that i think of it, all the team ratings were pretty even the last time I played against my brother.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']First off, I'd like to try out one of the 1v1 CAG leagues once the game comes out this year. I had moved away from the game due to the online glitchers by the time the CAG leagues started and didn't participate. I always liked playing 1v1 in the NHL games back to the Sega days.

Can you do a fantasy draft league in NHL? I would be all for that and it will make it alot easier than determining who is who team-wise. although now that i think of it, all the team ratings were pretty even the last time I played against my brother.[/QUOTE]

The CAG league last year went pretty well. There were some connection issues, but they only seemed to affect certain teams that quit the league and rejoined. All of the games were pretty competitive and I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a lot of fun.

If NHL10 has a fantasy draft for online leagues, it would be a great addition. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a option that EA would be throwing out there like the first person fighting, but it would be greatly appreciated by the online community. )

Sean here to talk about some of the many gameplay refinements in NHL10. Before I get into it, I know you’re all dying to see some under produced, raw gameplay footage and I can tell you that we’ve got some clips to post. Litty has been capturing clips from the games that he’s been playing and we’re extremely excited to share them with you. I also want to thank everyone that has been following NHL10 on Twitter. We love hearing all the feedback and suggestions so keep it coming! Now to the refinements…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7i...play-refinements.aspx&feature=player_embedded

One thing I really want to emphasize is that more than ever, this year we concentrated on making hockey. By that I mean that the focus was on all the little things that make hockey what it is from extreme displays of skill such as deking on your knees and shooting to bad bounces leading to goals.

The first thing I want to talk about is the goalies in NHL10. We literally had one programmer and one animator working on goalies all year around. We know that there were some holes in the goalie last year so my challenge to our guys was to make a perfect goalie. I wanted to ensure that our goalies had the ability to save anything shot at them. Once we had that, we could then start to give back goals in a controlled manner and ensure that we weren’t creating any ‘always goals’. I gotta give the guys credit, they added over 150 new goalie animations including saves from the butt, new kick saves, reach backs and swipe-aways just to name a few which made the goalies extremely effective and much more dynamic.
Once we had the goalies to a state that we liked, we brought in some of the top EASHL players in the Vancouver area to try and find holes. The first thing they did was try all the exploit goals from 09 which were unsuccessful but they did find a couple situations where the goalies could still be improved. We took that feedback and made the final tweaks. I should mention that I’m also extremely pleased with our additions for user controlled goalies which I’ll speak about at a later date. I will say that people who play goalie in the EASHL are going to be very happy with the improvements we’ve made. The guys in the office are having blast playing as goalie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNHH...play-refinements.aspx&feature=player_embedded

With better goalies, the play in the slot was a huge area of emphasis for us. I wanted the ability to one-time loose pucks, especially on rebounds without throwing a check. We now have that and we’ve also captured a part of hockey that I’ve never felt in a video game before which is intentionally shooting for rebounds. Guys in the NHL do this all the time. They just shoot the puck off the goalie’s pads so that their teammate will have a chance at the rebound. You can do that this year in our game and I have to say that it’s really satisfying when you do it intentionally and score.
A new feature that we’ve added this year is what we’re calling Precision Passing. In a nutshell, Precision Passing allows you to have total control of the direction AND the speed of your pass. Your pass will go exactly where you’re left analog is aiming and the speed is controlled by how long you hold down the RT (or R2 for PS3). A quick tap will do a short pass and holding it down will lead to a harder pass. The key is that all passes are untargeted meaning that you can pass the puck into space and let your teammates skate onto the puck. You can also do things like banking passes off the boards to get around defenders or bank it to yourself.

On offense, we’ve added new moves that I’m pretty excited about. If you take down a star player on a breakaway, there’s a chance that he’ll end up on his knees with the ability to deke and shoot. We’ve also added bat-ins so if the puck is in the air, players will try to bat the puck into the net or the defensive team will try to bat it out of harm’s way. There is also a new fake shot that can be done by pressing R3. This is a great way to try to get the D-man to bite and go down or to freeze the goalie. One of my personal favorite ways to score right now is going leg kick to backhand high (like Crosby) but remember my paragraph about goalies above…well this move has also led to some unbelievable desperation saves which are almost just as exciting to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZr...play-refinements.aspx&feature=player_embedded

Defensive AI was another big focus for us this year as we tried to make the defense more dynamic and less predictable. I think one of the first things you’ll notice when you play the demo (Yes, I said demo; No I don’t have a release date; But, I can guarantee that you’re going to be VERY surprised when you find out what’s in the demo) is that the D-men don’t always back right in on their goalie but rather try to stand you up more at the blue line or pinch you off earlier if you try to go wide. They also have better awareness of their positioning in the defensive zone so that you can’t dance them back and forth then go around them. The addition of boardplay has added a whole new dynamic to the defense as well as it gives the ai one more option against the boards. It allows them to contain players without over committing and getting beat.

That’s enough from me…check out the gameplay clips!

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/07/09/nhl-10-more-gameplay-refinements.aspx

Agreed! Looks fuckING AWESOME. I got $35 in Target Gift Cards with it's name on it. (If amazon doesn't put a damn 360 pre order version up before 8/27/09...)

There was a shit ton of great sounding stuff posted at the Operation Sports forums:

"Well guys, as I said in the earlier thread, I got another chance to give NHL10 a hands on test drive, and this time, I was able to spend much, much more time with the game (and it appeared to be a slightly more advanced build.)

David Littman said the build that was showcased yesterday was 95 percent done (and the actual gameplay end of things was about 99 percent done.)

I was able to play four full games, and poked around and looked at a lot of the menus, new features, etc. so I have a lot more information and should be able to answer a lot more questions.

Let me just tell you a bunch of random stuff, and if anyone has any questions, I can try to answer.

- They have added a "season" mode, and it allows you to manage up to 30 teams. So if you want to try and mimic the NHL season exactly by making all the roster moves, you can now do that.

- The Fantasy Draft is in.

- Dynasty hasn't just been added to, it's been scrapped and replaced by a MUCH more detailed version called "Be A GM." This mode, quite simply, is awesome. It is a much more detailed, feature rich version of the old Dynasty Mode with a real focus on how you run your club and if you're able to keep your owner happy. Among the cool things here is the fact that EA has fixed a lot of the annoying loop holes that previously existed. In previous versions, you could sign five free agents then trade them off for draft picks or bundle them up for one big star player. You can still do that, but now it will really cost you. As a GM, you have a "reputation." If you do something shady like sign a free agent then quickly trade him, your reputation around the league - and most importantly with players and agents - takes a big hit. You will find that guys - including your own - don't want to sign with you or other GMs have no interest in trading with you. This also solves another little work-around. Previously you could trade a 79 overall guy for an 81 overall guy then swap him for an 83 then an 85, etc until you got a great player. Now trading for a guy then dumping him the same day will hurt your reputation. Also, if you try to "rip off" other GMs by offering stupid lop-sided trades, you will piss off the GMs and hurt your reputation.

Another way you are punished for being a shady GM is by literally losing "phone lines." All of your interactions with other teams are via Blackberry (and they actually have the rights to Blackberry, so a real blackberry pops up on your screen.) If you're a good GM with a good reputation, you can have as many as 5 different Blackberry's. This is useful around the draft or trade deadline day because you have five lines and can receive a ton of different offers. However, if you've got a lousy reputation, you will lose phone lines and, as a result, opportunites to improve and build your team.

You can start the Be A GM mode pre-draft, and a cool little feature thats included is the prospects game. You can actually play this game to get a look at the best draft eligible players in a game situation, or you can simply scout it. At the draft, much like the real one, there's a lot of wheeling and dealing. You can set your trade block, your wants and needs, and see if other teams come biting. You get "calls" on your Blackberry "It's St. Louis, they have the 11th pick. Answer or Ignore?" A lot of trades went down at the draft involving players and picks. The trade AI has been totally revamped. ****** teams like the Leafs and Islanders won't trade their young stars, period. They are rebuilding and will tell you so. Good luck trading for Luke Schenn. Another cool detail that adds realism is players worth actually fluctuates. At the beginning of the season, the trade value for an older veteran isn't too high. However, at the deadline, when his cap hit is small and there's teams looking for veteran leadership, his value goes up. Its worth hanging on to these guys an auctioning them at a higher price.

This mode also has accomplishments can be met that are worth points you can use to improve your staff so you get better medical, better scouting reports, better more accurate trade rumors from around the league, etc. Very, very cool.

- For the Be A Pro fans, there's now a proshop where you can buy new equipment for your player that will give him attribute boosts, much like Tiger Woods.

- Much much more of the games features can be toggled on/off in order to crank up the realism for better players. You can now pick the "style" and if you choose hardcore, its a much tougher game and all sorts of things are now in your control. You can turn off "auto skate back" you can turn off "penalties after the whistle" you can even turn off the clock slown down that happens during powerplays.

- The Swiss National League has been added.

- The New Road to the Cup mode has a lot more then just towels for the fans, as I reported earlier. You can now set up ANY length series for the Cup. It's a good party mode, and it has really cool story telling in it. The announcers - and fans - have a memory of the series. If Justin Williams highsticked Saku Koivu and he's out for the rest of the series, Williams will get booed by the fans in the next game(s.) The announcers will also be aware of the incident and talk about it. When you start the next game, the "story" will be about Williams taking out Koivu. The question is... will you retaliate? Very cool.

- Speaking of injuries ... If a guy gets punched out or a puck in the face, he can return with a black eye. If a guy gets his jaw broken, he can return with a jaw protector on his helmet. Injuries that happen in game now give you an on-screen update about the injured player (during the game) and you can decide if he should hit the showers, stay on the bench, or play hurt. Cool stuff.

- The level of detail in the goaltenders is remarkable. I already talked about the slew of new animations before, but I've noticed some other cool stuff. If you play with a goalie that handles the puck well (Brodeur, Turco) he will be very active with playing the puck. Always jumping out to corral dump ins, skating out to play a puck that drifts into the zone. If the goalie doesnt have those skills, he doesn't. If you play with Tim Thomas, expect to see an unorthodox style. He could be on the ice, on his *** in the splits, while Brodeur will stand up a lot more. The animations are specific to the actual style the real-life goalie plays. Very detailed and the animations are great.

- If you get hooked or knocked down and your a skilled player, its possible to retain possession while on your knees and even shoot (I hit the crossbar wtih Lecavalier from my knees, drew a penalty shot then hit the damn cross bar again.)

- This one almost seems too good to be true, but I played a few full games and watched several more and I'm here to tell you the money-shot one-timer goal..... is dead. Obviously you can still score with one timers but not nearly with the frequency you could before. And you can one time loose pucks which is awesome. I scored three goals with Matt D'Agostini in three different games all loose puck one timers that he wired. Sweeet.

- It's gonna take a lot of people some time to realize that the game is different and they will likely take A LOT of penalties at first. (obviously penalty frequency can be toggled) but there's a lot of scrums now that can easily lead to fights or penalties. I face-washed a guy and got a Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty, so its quite detailed. A cool little animation exists where if you have the option to drop your gloves (it asks you, and tells you who the combatants are) and you don't drop them your guy will be wiggling his gloves as if to say "you wanna go? You wanna go?" There's a another cool animation if you drop a guy in a fight where your guy tumbles down on top of him the winner of the fight pulls a punch as if he's gonna drill the guy while he's turtled. He never does fire the punch though!

- The highest compliment I can give the new board play feature is that it feels totally organic to the game and not like something that was "added in." In fact, it feels like it was always there, but it really adds a wrinkle of realism. If you get tied up, you can try to kick the puck to your teammate, but, because its kicking, its not moving fast and be intercepted. Your fourth line slugs that never played in any other version of NHL, are really quite useful now because they can go out there and grind out a shift where there hits and pinning of guys actually intimidates and wears down your opponent. Ditto for big defenseman. I watched Hal Gill totally dominate Brian Gionta along the boards in one shift. (The rosters were pre-free agency.) It was really cool to see, Gill just neutralized and Gionta couldn't overpower Gill. But be aware of the puck, if the player kicks it away and you still hit him or pin him, it can be an interference penalty.

- The demo, which has no release date, will be different in terms of what you get to do then previous versions. Littman said it's a "very cool demo." Not a lot of info there!

- None of the new features for the EAHL or Be A Pro were revealed, they will be announced in 2 or 3 weeks.

That's all I can remember right now, guys."

Cheers
FR

[quote name='Matt Young']There was a shit ton of great sounding stuff posted at the Operation Sports forums:

- The Swiss National League has been added.
[/QUOTE]

You know what this means! More logos and billboard jerseys to choose from! Woohoo!!! :D

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/clubs/de/index.php

For instance, look at this sexy one

lugano.gif

Nummelin21.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']That reply was shorter than your typical session with the missus, Mr_hockey. :p[/QUOTE]

Hey now. Its not very thick but it sure is short!

Gotta love those billboard jerseys.

They hurt my eyes n the game though.

Honestly, it's looking amazing really. The only questions I have is.....WILL the team react when you score a goal? I tried watching the team in the over time play and they just sat there and did nothing at all, You'd think for an overtime win they would at least be standing and cheering right? Second, IS there going to be any hats thrown on the ice when somebody gets a hat trick? I know it's such stupid things, but things I'd like to see honestly. Besides that, I Can't wait to see how my Defense man plays and how the EASHL is going to be and what improvements they added or took out or what ever.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ how about octopuss on ice if you play a playoff game in detroit.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Why not? Can it really be that hard to put in? I mean, NHL 94 had it, the hats that is.

WOW....Lol on Amazon I noticed that 2k is pricing their game at $49.99 and amazon has it discounted to $46.99. This is funny to me because this is what 2k did to Ea with Maddon. Only NHL 10 is >>>>>>>>>>>than 2k 10

[quote name='DestroVega']^No, it's easy, just something they probably haven't thought of[/QUOTE]

Since that's technically not allowed and people have been thrown out of games for it, I doubt it will be in any video game.

Man, I'm really pumped up for hockey and it's only mid July. This is crazy. I began my training for the coming season today. By "training", I mean I made this:

youjustgotstamosd2.gif

You will be seeing it often. I just wish I could send it to our opponents on Live after I score a goal, haha :)

Also, I really hope (but doubt) EA will put that Team Builder program in place for the EASHL. I really really want our own Sex Panther logo on our jerseys. That would be so bad ass.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, I'm really pumped up for hockey and it's only mid July. This is crazy. I began my training for the coming season today. By "training", I mean I made this:

youjustgotstamosd2.gif

You will be seeing it often. I just wish I could send it to our opponents on Live after I score a goal, haha :)

Also, I really hope (but doubt) EA will put that Team Builder program in place for the EASHL. I really really want our own Sex Panther logo on our jerseys. That would be so bad ass.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of that. Teambuilder wasn't announced till 1 1/2 months before its release... If it ends up being true, It is a 100% Day One purchuse...not that it wasn't in the first place. :)

Also nice graphic Nate!

I'm really looking forward to this...it's probably one of the most fun multiplayer games I've ever played. Not sports multiplayer...overall multiplayer. MLB just didn't have the same edge this year, and I think it's cause I had so much fun with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back