Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
vulcan spends more time in the box then he does on the ice. Normally people are like I had 25 minutes of play time and a 2:00 pen. Vulcan says i had 26 pen minutes a 4:00 of ice time.

[quote name='Matt Young']Only 20 penalty minutes in 100 + games? Damn. You're the anti-Vulcan.[/QUOTE]

Ha, the Anti Vulcan. Good shit

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']vulcan spends more time in the box then he does on the ice. Normally people are like I had 25 minutes of play time and a 2:00 pen. Vulcan says i had 26 pen minutes a 4:00 of ice time.[/QUOTE]

Lol, your great Mr. Hockey. But the real question is.......who else is gonna go out there and be a enforced for the team? Somebody has to take the penalty minutes! This year it looks like I'm gonna be getting the other teams in alot more trouble :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, wouldn't we need to agree on a design first? Isn't that what basically stopped us last year? I'd be potentially interested depending on which route we decided to go (and of course my interest would skyrocket if it turned out we could actually import our created rosters into NHL 10).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'd at least like to know if there will be enough interest in the jerseys before trying to come up with a design. Also, most sites require you to have a minimum order before they'll make custom jerseys.

[quote name='slickkill77']Thought we should get into the season with some positive news :D[/QUOTE]

PITTSBURGH - CAG Sex Panther Goalie/Left Wing Shady Marino was found Innocent today and cleared of the public drunkiness and over 500 other related counts that were against him. The jail time could of sidelined the flamboiant netminder to miss the EASHL 09-10 season, but he was quoted as saying the charges were as soft as Chuck Norris's fists. He then quickly retracted his statement and said he has always been a fan of Chuck's films and wishes he doesn't kill him.

:D

Oh its a sad day hockey fans.

The man known as shady marino has been found dead tonight. He had his court date this morning. He was cleared of all charges, but found dead today.

Yes the sex panthers back up goalie had his head twist backwards and shoved through a wall.

Leaving him to look at his own ass.....

We have yet to hear from the sex panthers on this situation. The teams captain has yet to speak on this tragic news.

Oh This just in......

The police have issued a statment. It turns out there was a note left with the sex panthers broken body?

It says no one makes fun of chuck Norris!

Oh my GOD People!!!!!

SOMEONE HAS PISSED CHUCK NORRIS OFF!!!!
EVERYONE GO BACK HOME NOW!!!!!
LOCK YOUR DOORS AND STAY INSIDE!

We will be singing off now and brodcasting the emergency brodcast station. We will be back as soon as we have more details of the location of Chuck Norris!

Hey Vulcan I tried playing nice towards the end of our season. It wasn't as fun. Im looking forward to being an instigater...just like I am In real hockey. I don't want to say i'm a dirty player....Im just a dirty player! I love putting some hits on some mo fos!

The only thing i have to say is this...... face wash!

I found a couple sites that do custom jerseys. The get cheaper with the more you buy. I all ready have a sex panthers jersey. My first team was the panthers. Its yellow with black and white trim. It has a pen state nitty lion type panther on the front.

If i was going to get one I'd end up wearing it to my real games. I probably won't get one cause I have to shell out another 400.00 for next hockey season on 8-01.

Last edited by a moderator:
EA has updated their twitter page.

Originally Posted by EA Twitter

Demo has two different game modes, showing off some new features...plus all gameplay features...there are actually 4 teams in the demo.
----------------------------------------

I never said all four teams were in the NHL.
smile.gif
We are targeting earlier than last year...and sorry, not for PC.

Official National team uniforms and jerseys (along with real goalie mask designs) are pretty complicated to get the rights for.

As far as gameplay sliders in the demo...we will be revealing a new one in the demo that will fulfill most of your demo needs.

Any news on when the demo hits? I'm going to buy the game either way, so it's not really deciding if I want the game. I just want to play some NHL asap. I'm getting tired of 3 on 3 arcade.

Just found a replay on my computer and made a video of it. It's better if you watch it on YouTube in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6gA76Sm6L0

I'm going to see if I can find any other videos that I missed. At one point I was going to make a huge video featuring highlights of everyone but never got around to it. I know I have some highlights saved on my 360, but most of them I never uploaded before I traded NHL 09 on Goozex.

Soundtrack

NHL 10
Alexisonfire – Young Cardinals
Cancer Bats – Deathsmarch
CKY – Hellions On Parade
Disco Ensemble – Golden Years
Drangonforce – Heroes Of Our Time
Earl Greyhound – Oye Vaya
Green Day – Know Your Enemy
Metalkpretty – Wake Up! Wake Up!
Ministry & Co-Conspirators – Keys To The City (Blackhawks Theme)
MxPx – Kids In America
Nickelback – Burn It To The Ground
Papa Roach – Into The Light
Priestess – Raccoon Eyes
Rancid – The Bravest Kids
Scorpions – Rock You Like A Hurricane
Thousand Foot Krutch – Fire It Up

WTF, no Cotton Eyed Joe on the soundtrack? :lol:

I forgot from 09, but were you able to do custom soundtracks for different events in game? If so I need to do a custom Pens soundtrack this year.

:) don't f with chuck norris. That hip check video was just to get the points. I wish i saved the body check into a goal!

Glock Glock. You could have a custom theme but yo couldn't pick what song played when. Just a playlist that would play randomly

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Glock Glock. You could have a custom theme but yo couldn't pick what song played when. Just a playlist that would play randomly[/QUOTE]

That's not technically true. You could set up a different playlist for each event..and just have one song in each playlist. Last year, a lot of us downloaded a huge soundpack created by some awesome guys at another forum. They had the correct horn/goal music for every team (even many AHL teams), correct pre-game music, post-game music, etc.

The coolest part was, you could just set it up to stream from your PC, so you didn't have to worry about transferring all those files...and the playlists were already set up for you (and amazingly, it still worked even while playing online). I hope the exact same pack can be used with NHL10 because it was almost flawless and added so much to the game. It takes a little while to set it all up, but for NHL10, a game we'll be playing for probably at least 6-8 months, it's totally worth it! You can find it (with full installation instructions) here:

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21508

I always wanted to do a sound pack for the CAG team of different songs and different voice samples from past CAGCasts which would account for fights, goals, and a victoriuos techno mix after every win. The farthest I went though was looking for the CagCast theme winner for the Sex Panther entrance, but it was taken down I guess. If anyone is illing to help, we could maybe try to put someting together.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Awesome job, thanks![/QUOTE]

No problem. When I first started making them, I was hoping I could use mine as my CAG avatar. But unfortunately, CAG doesn't support gifs in avatars. Would have been pretty sweet though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's not technically true. You could set up a different playlist for each event..and just have one song in each playlist. Last year, a lot of us downloaded a huge soundpack created by some awesome guys at another forum. They had the correct horn/goal music for every team (even many AHL teams), correct pre-game music, post-game music, etc.

The coolest part was, you could just set it up to stream from your PC, so you didn't have to worry about transferring all those files...and the playlists were already set up for you (and amazingly, it still worked even while playing online). I hope the exact same pack can be used with NHL10 because it was almost flawless and added so much to the game. It takes a little while to set it all up, but for NHL10, a game we'll be playing for probably at least 6-8 months, it's totally worth it! You can find it (with full installation instructions) here:

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21508[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I'll have to mess around with this and get it setup. I remember they had something similar to this in NHL2K7, that was why I was wondering. It doesn't seem as detailed as this one though.

[quote name='Matt Young']Maybe not of that size, but we can have gif avatars. Look up there at ChunkyBasty's.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...you raise an interesting point, haha. That's weird though because when I had it at the right size, it accepted it, but wasn't animated. Maybe I'll play around with it some more.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Awesome! I'll have to mess around with this and get it setup. I remember they had something similar to this in NHL2K7, that was why I was wondering. It doesn't seem as detailed as this one though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what I loved about this one is that it had so much music (which is why streaming it is almost a requirement), the off play music was always refreshing and totally random. If you look at the last page of that thread, you'll see some guys are already discussing creating a new/better soundpack for NHL10. I can't wait to see what they come up with! It really made the game more enjoyable hearing classic arena rock pumping through my surround sound, just like I was at a real game.

Cool, I figured it out. I had to shrink the size down to 80x59 and the color depth to 15 to meet both requirements (101x101 and 20.5kb). It doesn't look quite as cool all little and discolored, but it's still kinda neat.

What the fuck? I just got a phone call, which I missed due to it being midnight. The caller ID said "Tampa Bay Arena". I called back and got a voice mail message-

"Thank you for calling the St. Pete Times Forum. We're very excited about your interest in coach Tocchet and the Tampa Bay Lightning. Leave your name, number, etc."

I have no idea why I received such a call at 3 A.M. Tampa time. I did see Tampa play at the Staples Center this year, but I don't recall signing up for anything.

Had to steal my thunder, did you, Devin? ;)

Multiplayer season sounds awesome (if I can get Adam to do it) but the others are just adding features that 2K has had exclusively these past couple years, based on what I have read.

[quote name='cubs2321']Jersey creation tool I found posted on Yahoo.

http://www.thesportingstore.com/hockey.htm

Let's you upload an image to the jersey too. Only bad thing is you can't fit Sex Panthers, So we'd have to do SexPanther or just Panthers. Figured people with more creative juices than me could do some fun stuff with this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the site I found last year when I came up with these:

cagjersey1.jpg

cagjersey2.jpg

cagjersey3.jpg

If we were actually going to do it, we'd probably want to keep it fairly simple (ie. no text), to keep the cost as low as possible. Here's some new options I threw together.

sexpantherjersey1.jpg

sexpantherjersey2.jpg

sexpantherjersey3.jpg

sexpantherjersey4.jpg

sexpantherjersey5.jpg

Another option I had thought of was just doing t-shirts. Custom jerseys get pricey really quickly, but having a Sex Panthers t-shirt would be more feasible for everyone, and would still be pretty cool.

[quote name='Matt Young']What the fuck? I just got a phone call, which I missed due to it being midnight. The caller ID said "Tampa Bay Arena". I called back and got a voice mail message-

"Thank you for calling the St. Pete Times Forum. We're very excited about your interest in coach Tocchet and the Tampa Bay Lightning. Leave your name, number, etc."

I have no idea why I received such a call at 3 A.M. Tampa time. I did see Tampa play at the Staples Center this year, but I don't recall signing up for anything.[/QUOTE]

Of course you don't, remember this pic you posted? You were drunk off your ass.

drunk-hockey-streaker.jpg

Geez... I hope it's easier to control than they make it sound. If this gets to be like Madden I ain't playing. I'll just go out to a real hockey rink and play myself.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Geez... I hope it's easier to control than they make it sound. If this gets to be like Madden I ain't playing. I'll just go out to a real hockey rink and play myself.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? All the goalie moves? I don't know if it necessarily sounds hard to control. To me, it just seems like every button actually does something this year (ie. holding right trigger makes you hug the post, having a button to actually cover the puck, etc). It'll probably take some getting used to, but EA Canada should know better than to screw up their most-prized game.

Nah, the different aspects of the game like if the player gets hurt you decide to play him or not. That vid. It's getting quite in depth.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Nah, the different aspects of the game like if the player gets hurt you decide to play him or not. That vid. It's getting quite in depth.[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as they don't have you doing rehab mini-games to bring him back, I doubt it'll be a problem. I know what you're saying about games micromanaging and becoming too tedious though. But I would assume this is just having the option of putting a player on the DL, or keeping him on the roster and playing him at 60% health (and therefore giving him a greater risk for a more serious injury). That sounds all good to me. :)

Yeah, it's kinda like in... 08? where you had to select what the players needed to work on. It sucked because you had to choose where it's like... wth, they are all important do it all. It just seemed pointless. Thank god that feature is no more.

If it's just a simple yes and no without too many issues like if you do play and lose everytime then sure I'll be fine with it. Chance is one thing, but fixing the outcome of a game because of one stupid setting is really irritating.

Wow I love the new goalie moves. It's almot August 1st, which means we can start saying it comes out NEXT MONTH! :D

EDIT:IGN article says it comes out September 15th now. :(

[quote name='Panther1484']Wow I love the new goalie moves. It's almost August 1st, which means we can start saying it comes out NEXT MONTH! :D

EDIT:IGN article says it comes out September 15th now. :([/QUOTE]

I do like the new Goalie moves. Maybe I can be a better goalie this time around with all those moves and what not.

THE GAME COMES OUT IN A MONTH and 14 Days! You'd be surprised how fast a month goes by guys.

Looks like the pre order crap has started again. This is from Gamestop:
Reserve NHL 10 and get the in-game Kane-Bauer boost Pack. Patrick Kane’s Authentic Bauer Gloves, Skates and Stick. Plus a 9 point boost for your be a pro or EASHL Player. Available online or in-store while supplies last.

I hate the get a better player to start with based on where you bought the game crap. A stick, skates and gloves for asthetic purposes is fine but the point boost sucks.

[quote name='cubs2321']Looks like the pre order crap has started again. This is from Gamestop:
Reserve NHL 10 and get the in-game Kane-Bauer boost Pack. Patrick Kane’s Authentic Bauer Gloves, Skates and Stick. Plus a 9 point boost for your be a pro or EASHL Player. Available online or in-store while supplies last.

I hate the get a better player to start with based on where you bought the game crap. A stick, skates and gloves for asthetic purposes is fine but the point boost sucks.[/QUOTE]

God I hate that. Pisses me off knowing someone will get a 9 point boost for getting it from gamestop when I have credit to get it at amazon.

Normally, I would be pissed, but I was planning on trading stuff in to get this game anyways, so I am just irked I guess. But that's still BS.

Don't care, Probably won't be playing this online other than maybe with you guys or my friend which will also be getting this game day one.

Damn it... he'll be getting it before me too. He doesn't have a problem with going out and buying games for full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back