Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='moojuice']http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/07/31/nhl-10-more-gameplay-videos.aspx

Brought to you by
1897026.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Haha, Jon Lovitz. What a great BAP character he would be. Man, the last clip in the last gameplay video is insane! The goalie freakin looked behind him and karate chopped the puck away from the net! I'm starting to get the impression that scoring is going to be a lot harder this year. That's definitely a good thing if it means no cheap goals though.

[quote name='slickkill77']Yes cross crease passing is gone!!!!!! No more having to team dive to stop it[/QUOTE]

where does it show/say that?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Good examples. Seeing the goalie poke check the pass away (about 1:00 in) almost made me pee my pants with delight, haha.[/QUOTE]

knowing our ai goalies he'll pull it in with his stick between the 5 hole.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, Jon Lovitz. What a great BAP character he would be. Man, the last clip in the last gameplay video is insane! The goalie freakin looked behind him and karate chopped the puck away from the net! I'm starting to get the impression that scoring is going to be a lot harder this year. That's definitely a good thing if it means no cheap goals though.[/QUOTE]

:drool:
Can't wait to get going with this game. That save was completely awesome!!

I usually order through Amazon, especially with release date delivery through Prime but if they don't get their pre-orders up soon for '10, I may have to bite the bullet and get it from Gamestop. I don't want to support the in game points for preorder crap but I want to get it preordered soon.

finally looks like real hockey... they could have stopped the crease passes last year in the update... well, good stuff!

Just thought of something...if it's 9 points total, thats not that big of a deal if the BAP system is anything like last years- meaning 3 points for Offense, 3 Points for Defense, and 3 for General, or whatever those categories were called. IIRC, that was the same as the Rookie card bonus, which was obtained after like 10 games with a C rating or something really easy along those lines.

If it's 9 points per category however...

[quote name='moojuice']Just thought of something...if it's 9 points total, thats not that big of a deal if the BAP system is anything like last years- meaning 3 points for Offense, 3 Points for Defense, and 3 for General, or whatever those categories were called. IIRC, that was the same as the Rookie card bonus, which was obtained after like 10 games with a C rating or something really easy along those lines.

If it's 9 points per category however...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my guess is it's 9 total. Not a big deal, but enough to make all the 99 glitchers from last year froth at the mouth. IF the game plays as it should and as they're claiming it will, 9 points shouldn't make much of a difference. I just hope to God there aren't any secret glitch goals that people discover. It's sad that the state of competitive online gaming is "see who can cheat the best".

a good player shouldn't make that big of a difference this year. It will help but that one player shouldn't make or break the game. If you play your spot and your game you should be able to shut them down.

not being able to cross ice and score everytime will help.

Wow, I really hate these GS/EB specific pre-order bonuses. Not sure I like rewarding someone with a better player online just because they get it from GS/EB, but unfortunately that appears to be the direction we are moving now in the industry. That said, I'll probably be going the GS/EB route because I'll need all the help I can get.

Also the achievements were released:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/nhl-10/achievements/

Looks like we will be playing a ton of online BAP games if we ever expect to get 1000/1000 on this one. In a way I don't mind it because the achievements in 09 really didn't encourage you to play alot of the BAP, but this list seems a bit ridiculous.

[quote name='slickkill77']Actually it was more the 2nd video that I was refering to but thanks for posting that. Either one works[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just highlighted that one because the goalie coming out to knock a pass away was something that NEVER happened last year. Occasionally, the AI defensemen would actually stop a cross creaser (more like get in the way and have it bounce off his skate). But to me, this is the nail in the cross crease coffin. It's amazing what giving the goalie the awareness that the puck is coming toward him 6 inches in front of his skates will do for this game. :)

Not a fan of the achievements. I'll probally never get the win a ranked online match with three other players on the same console. Playing with two is hard enough, let alone adding two others. Plus I iked the Legend Card achievement from last year. You had something to work toward and kept you playing through your career. There's not even and BAP goalie achievements. It's just goals and assists. I'll have to work on being a better offensive player I guess.

I normally buy from Gamestop, and have like $250 credit from there..so with those bonus why not? It is kind of annoying though.

Also, the achievements look pretty bad.

[quote name='DestroVega']there's one BAP goalie achievement, but I hear you... the achievements aren't great.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I see that now. I must of read it as win five games locked in online versus. It seems like the achievements promote online versus play and not GM or EASHL. I expected a "Win the Cup in GM mode" or Win the Cup in BAP Mode" I mean seriously is someone going to be impressed that you didn't commit icing during an online verus game? Blah... :mad:

I'm curious about the medals in EASHL tho.

Maybe it's just me, but I've just stopped looking at achievements on ea sports game altogether. Some of them come really easily, and some of them are impossible. Some of these achievements look fun, but I don't think I'll try too hard to get any of them.

Is it too much to ask for a "check 1000 fools" achievement or something?

fight five times in one game????

Score a goal off of a hip check

Score a goal with 6 bodies in the net

break the glass

score a goal on the flying v

Thats what we need!

[quote name='Flyersfan']I wish they'd release some updated EASHL info soon.

Like how they plan to change the lobbies for one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really hoping for one "team locker room" where you can just branch off into groups. Rather than playing the "Ok, you guys go out, and come back after we start" game. That sure as hell wasn't very organized.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']fight five times in one game????

break the glass

Thats what we need![/QUOTE]

I'd have the Fight five times in one game done within two periods. :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I'm really hoping for one "team locker room" where you can just branch off into groups. Rather than playing the "Ok, you guys go out, and come back after we start" game. That sure as hell wasn't very organized.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. It would be cool if you had a lobby with the Avatars or sorta HOME esque style with all of us in our uniforms waiting in the locker room. I know It's stupid but I think it would be cool none the less.

Wow, I just noticed that NHL 09 FINALLY got a price drop at Gamestop to $29.99 new and $26.99 used. So, it went approximately 11 months before receiving its first drop. Halo Wars couldn't even make it that long, haha.

Halo Wars didn't even make it 3 months.

EASHL news:

The addition of "casual" and "pro" leagues is another big switch. Though the two leagues are ostensibly identical--in that you can choose to enter your team in either skill division--the NHL team is guessing that the hardcore NHL fans will gravitate toward the higher skill of competition in the pro division, with incentives that will include more significant prizes for pro division winners than those found in the casual division. That said, your team will earn medals for finishing in the top percentages of your division, and all of your earned trophies and medals will be displayed on a brand new trophy screen.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']fight five times in one game????

break the glass

Thats what we need![/QUOTE]

I want an achievement for quitting out of 20 EASHL games when you see that there are 5 or more human players on the other team. It could be worth -50 points, and it could be called "Turn your tail and run" or something like that.

[quote name='ChunkyB']I want an achievement for quitting out of 20 EASHL games when you see that there are 5 or more human players on the other team. It could be worth -50 points, and it could be called "Turn your tail and run" or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's supposed to not even be an issue this year, as it's been stated the game will match you up with teams with the same number of players. I just hope that doesn't lead to it taking 20 minutes to get matched up for a game.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, that's supposed to not even be an issue this year, as it's been stated the game will match you up with teams with the same number of players. I just hope that doesn't lead to it taking 20 minutes to get matched up for a game.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. But I'd rather have it take longer (not 20 minutes hopefully) if it means you'll actually get to play the first team they match you up with.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Obstacle Course Achievement[/QUOTE]

Reach the Opposing Team's Blue Line as a Goalie Without Giving Up a Goal Achievement.

Nice links slick. I knew we'd be getting some EASHL info, glad to see it.

Um... yeah.... so..... who's gonna be the new cover athlete?

Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, the top overall pick in the 2007 NHL draft, was arrested early Sunday morning in Buffalo, N.Y., and charged with theft of services, criminal mischief and robbery in the second degree after an incident with a cab driver, according to multiple media reports.

3735.jpg

Kane

The 20-year-old Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, 21, were taken into police custody at about 5 a.m. ET after allegedly punching the driver and taking $15 in fare they had given him after he said he didn't have 20 cents in change, a police report says.

The driver said his glasses were broken as he was hit in the face and head and grabbed by the throat, according to the report.

WIVB-TV in Buffalo reported that an attorney for Kane has entered a plea of not guilty on his behalf in a city court. Second-degree robbery is a Class C felony. The fourth-degree criminal mischief and theft-of-services charges are both Class A misdemeanors.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Are we still going with Friday for our hockey nights?[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking. I think switching it to any other night would cause just as many "Oh, I've got this to do..." situations. Plus, I know a lot of other games have their game nights on Wednesday or Thursday. Friday seems like as good a day as any. Probably 8PM EST - 12AM EST (possibly later if we're having fun and dominating the world). I'm always open to ideas though.

Observations:

:23
Looks like more stats are tracked based on the tabs on the upper left

:26
Club "browser" with basic stats

:31
Unlocked equipment will add attribute points
Equipment can be purchased with MS points :bomb:

:44
Separate locker rooms?

:46
Challenge other clubs

:48
Gray bars under GTs

Throughout:
Designs on helmets for skaters are customizable as well

Also, from the blog, it looks like even the pucks are customizable? In the last pic, the puck and the goalie's helmet have the same logo.

[quote name='moojuice']Observations:

:23
Looks like more stats are tracked based on the tabs on the upper left[/QUOTE]

Could be. Either that, or they're just dividing them differently this year.

[quote name='moojuice']:26
Club "browser" with basic stats[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool. Having the club areas more organized will make worlds of difference for EASHL.

[quote name='moojuice']:31
Unlocked equipment will add attribute points
Equipment can be purchased with MS points :bomb:[/QUOTE]

This almost pissed me off for a second, but look at the bottom right corner. It says "Play the Prospects Game as a Goalie in Be A Pro to unlock OR use Microsoft Points". My guess is each position will have equipment upgrades like this that you'll earn just by going through your BAP season. It does leave room for the fucktards of Xbox Live to get a head start on everybody, but at least it's not something you can't acquire without spending money

[quote name='moojuice']:44
Separate locker rooms?[/QUOTE]

Ehh..I don't know if that's what it is or if it's just the way the lobbies are going to be set up this year. The path doesn't say anything like "My Club" or "Dressing Room". Just "Online/Games Room".

[quote name='moojuice']:46
Challenge other clubs[/QUOTE]

Awesome! This would allow us to have multiple CAG teams this year if we ever got tired of taking on random opponents (ie. if exploits and cheese somehow resurface). It would even give us the option of having like a CAG EASHL league with 4-5 teams, with maybe 4 CAGs on each team. I think I'd definitely want to try keeping everyone together and taking on non-CAGs first, but that gives us something to think about. Then we could have Sex Panthers AND Crotch Sharks. My, my. Imagine the possibilities, hahaha.

[quote name='moojuice']:48
Gray bars under GTs[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! Yes! I was hoping we'd have gray bars this year! Wait...what?

[quote name='moojuice']Throughout:
Designs on helmets for skaters are customizable as well

Also, from the blog, it looks like even the pucks are customizable? In the last pic, the puck and the goalie's helmet have the same logo.[/QUOTE]

The more customizable the better. Although they make it sound like you're taking pre-made color schemes and pre-made logos and just mix and matching. I guess that's all right, and is definitely better than what was available to us last year. But I still think they could do better.

Well we'd have to do the quack chant to get us in the mood to do the Flying V.

Wait, can you even create custom chants? Did I miss that?

yeah what a dumb ass. Over . 20. .20 really? You can't afford that. Looks like the micheal vick of hockey.

custom chants would be cool for a custom team but I was just joking.

[quote name='moojuice']http://www.easports.com/blogs/nhl/inthecrease/post/slug/littys-nhl-10-eashl-blog
This is basically the same thing slickkill posted a few days back, but theres a cool EASHL screenshot in there, namely:
nhl10_eashl_1-1024x576.jpg
Games room makes it sound like there is a possibility that there will be multiple locker rooms (or maybe it's just my wishful thinking), and Scouting (but who/what?).[/QUOTE]

Whoa...that's awesome! That's WAY more fleshed out than last year! Yeah, Alan, now I would say that "Games Room" seems like some kind of split locker room area...especially considering it even tells you how many people are waiting to get into a game.

And Scouting...this is probably my own wishful thinking, but could that be a feature to watch other games? More than likely, it's probably just a way to view other teams top scorers and whatnot, but that would still be awesome!

Also, notice that "Club Invitations" has its own heading this year. Remember how freaking difficult it was to even find your invitations last year? haha. Also, it seems you can request to join a club, so now GMs won't have to send an invite to every single person. I'm glad they're making the menus more user friendly. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Whoa...that's awesome! That's WAY more fleshed out than last year! Yeah, Alan, now I would say that "Games Room" seems like some kind of split locker room area...especially considering it even tells you how many people are waiting to get into a game.

And Scouting...this is probably my own wishful thinking, but could that be a feature to watch other games? More than likely, it's probably just a way to view other teams top scorers and whatnot, but that would still be awesome!

Also, notice that "Club Invitations" has its own heading this year. Remember how freaking difficult it was to even find your invitations last year? haha. Also, it seems you can request to join a club, so now GMs won't have to send an invite to every single person. I'm glad they're making the menus more user friendly. :)[/QUOTE]

Just re-watched the vid that was posted by slickkill as well...the thing I noticed that was possibly multiple locker rooms a few posts back...it's got "Games Room" in the header as well for the menu, so I think it's official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back