Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I will be buying this game two years in a row. I didn't get a chance to play last years as much as I wanted, hopefully I can play this years a lot more. Patrick Kane being on the cover is awesome, GO HAWKS!!!

Can't wait till this game comes out. Love the NHL series can't wait to play as the Flyers and see how they make Claude Giroux.

I figured they would have included him in one of the later roster updates. Or do guys have to play a certain number of NHL games before they're added to video game rosters? Still, he played about half the season.

[quote name='Matt Young']I figured they would have included him in one of the later roster updates. Or do guys have to play a certain number of NHL games before they're added to video game rosters? Still, he played about half the season.[/QUOTE]

According to his gamercard, the last time he even played 09 was Christmas Eve.... booooo.

Anyone still playing 09 want to help each other boost for the "win ranked locked as goalie", "shutout locked as goalie", and "win 5 in a row ranked" achievements? I also want to reach the "30 ranked games played" achievement. I never got around to that due to the EASHL.

I haven't played the game in 2 months, but now I have urges.

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't played the game in 2 months, but now I have urges.[/QUOTE]

I think we're all having urges. Too bad most of us traded it in. Damn you, goozex.

[quote name='ChunkyB']I think we're all having urges. Too bad most of us traded it in. Damn you, goozex.[/QUOTE]

Hey, we had to strike while the Iron was hot, am I right? :D

So happy to see Female faces in the crowd. I know I'm going to be showing off for them :D lol

I actually played last night and felt the magic again. I had been getting worn down by the game. NHL 08, I finished a season and playoffs in 3 weeks after purchasing the game in late May 2008. Now, on 09, I've just finished game 1 of the Finals after trying 3 times for the Russian Superliga achievement.

I guess I was just burnt out on the game, even if I wasn't making half the OTP games due to real hockey games.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Hey, we had to strike while the Iron was hot, am I right? :D

[/QUOTE]

It's true. I don't really regret it, especially since I got 950 for it and it's already down to 750.

Ooooh... I thought you meant dollar amounts, like $9.50. That Goozex deal would have actually been really good compared to any other place one might trade in games.

Yeah, it's actually a really good deal. You have to pay $1 dollar per game that you receive, and you have to pay to ship the games you send out, but other than that it's awesome. Especially if you were a late 360 adopter, because most early 360 games are between 100 and 200 points. But, yeah, it beats the hell out of trading it in to any kind of retailer or anything like that.

I rarely ever trade in games period, but it might be worth it for me to check the site out in order to get older 360 games that I missed out on (well, there aren't too many) or for older sports games to both complete my collections and give me easy cheese.

I have really enjoyed it so far. Most of the games I've gotten were in good shape, and I've played a ton of games I wouldn't have otherwise. And, yeah, old sports games are dirt cheap. I've heard of some people's bad experiences with it, but it's been really good for me.

Also, pro tip, if you get a 360 game from goozex, install it on your hard drive before you leave feedback. I've heard stories of some people getting half way through a game and having it mess up after that, and they've already left feedback and what not. But, you can just install it and delete it right afterwards, and that will at least tell you that the disc is readable.

Okay, I'll stop shilling for goozex now.

i traded 09 into gamecrazy friday and still got 20 bucks... worth it for me... im not gonna do anything with it anyway

So I was playing the other day, (failing at the Streaker achievement again) and I was remembering all the good times we had on he Cag team. Does anybody have a memorable moment from the past seson?

My favorite personal moment was one of my first club games as goalie. It was 0-0 with like a minute left in the third period. Somehow, the other team got a reak away, and were able to beat me. I let out the biggest fuck and I was sure I injured a couple ear drums lol. Luckily I was forgiven for that slip and wasn't sent to the minors or traded to the Giant Bomb team. :)

As for my favorite team moment, It has to be when Vulcan, Moo, N8, and a couple others played a team with two guys, one of them on the juice. After he flew down the ice and glitch goaled, we decided to just fuck the guy up whenever we could. Everybody just checked the shit out of him all game long and he was on his back more then Paris Hilton. I don't even remember if we won, but CAG justice was issued that night. :)

[quote name='Panther1484']So I was playing the other day, (failing at the Streaker achievement again) and I was remembering all the good times we had on he Cag team. Does anybody have a memorable moment from the past seson?

My favorite personal moment was one of my first club games as goalie. It was 0-0 with like a minute left in the third period. Somehow, the other team got a reak away, and were able to beat me. I let out the biggest fuck and I was sure I injured a couple ear drums lol. Luckily I was forgiven for that slip and wasn't sent to the minors or traded to the Giant Bomb team. :)

As for my favorite team moment, It has to be when Vulcan, Moo, N8, and a couple others played a team with two guys, one of them on the juice. After he flew down the ice and glitch goaled, we decided to just fuck the guy up whenever we could. Everybody just checked the shit out of him all game long and he was on his back more then Paris Hilton. I don't even remember if we won, but CAG justice was issued that night. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh my God. Awesome moments there Shady. I will NEVER forget the time we fucked that dude up non stop. I think that was one of the greatest all time moments ever in Crotch Sharks/Sex Panthers history.

What an awesome write up. I still remember it like it was last night lol. Funny enough, I was one getting a lot of penalties before the patch, then after the patch, I sorta learned to play by the rules lol. Can't wait for 10 really. So excited!

no you didn't learn to play by the rules. You filled up every line of paper they had for the season for penalties. They couldn't afford to buy anymore so they just let you play on! =)

plus the score keepers felt like they were in detention having to write your name over and over. They threatened to strike. So the league decided to give them a break. It was either you or them so......

Sorry to break it to you like that but sometimes the truth is a good thing.

Read on the Giant Bomb game page that pausing can only e done during play stoppages. (i.e. when the other team ragequits cause we are whoopin them...) :)

I just actually watched his videos... there are things out of his mouth that can seriously be considered treason. That kid is fucking insane.

Some of my favorite moments involve Vulcan saying "ME? What did I do?"

Than the replay comes up and he flattens some guy without the puck at the other end of the ice.

I also like the Flying V and obstacle courses.

Why is there only a damn ps3 pre-order verion of nhl10 on amazon... ? By the time they add it I won't be able to take advantage of the 50% of trade in deal from amazon...

Glad I made some of the highlight reels for you guys lol. :D

I wish I was there for that Flying V goal. I do remember the obstacle course when we were losing badly. Just pile up in front of the net. lol

I was on the receiving end of that flying V goal. Not as goalie, mind you, but I think I may have been a defenseman.

If anyone still has the game, I'm looking to play some versus in the next few days.

I was the one who knocked in the rebound on that goal :D
Man, I almost died laughing after that.

I can't believe that one team scored when we had 6 bodies in the crease.

Our Pack-It-In defense was pretty strong. Even when I left the crease and left you guys to do the saving all by yourselves. Very intimidating.

I'll play you a couple games Matt if you see me on at all. Although with it beging a busy holiday weekend, I'm not sure when I'll be home n'at.

Mike Rupp!!!

I just have to say this.

RIP BILLY MAYS!

You will be so missed by all of us Sex Panthers!

To think, we lived only half hour from him and now I'll never get to meet him. so depressing. He will be missed greatly.

[quote name='Matt Young']I was on the receiving end of that flying V goal. Not as goalie, mind you, but I think I may have been a defenseman.

If anyone still has the game, I'm looking to play some versus in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I was on the team that got beat by the flying V too. I only wish I could have heard you guys after you scored -- I imagine lots of laughing and hooting & hollering.

Matt, I still have NHL09. If you ever see me online send me a message and i'd be totally down for some versus or otp.

[quote name='Panther1484']Our Pack-It-In defense was pretty strong. Even when I left the crease and left you guys to do the saving all by yourselves. Very intimidating.

I'll play you a couple games Matt if you see me on at all. Although with it beging a busy holiday weekend, I'm not sure when I'll be home n'at.

Mike Rupp!!![/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'll be going to a party Saturday night, but I'm going to try to spend most of my remaining free time on the Xbox since I want to get back into Gears 2 and there's double XP. Then there is, of course, NHL.

Same goes for you, Jello. I'll message you if I see you on. I think I may have removed you from my list a while back, though, because it was full, I hadn't talked to you in a while, and I needed to add someone else. I can re-add, though.

What is up CAGs? You have stumbled upon the official
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I feel bad for Chicago. Being from Illinois originally, I have friends that are Blackhawks fans. I am not a fan of the team myself, of course, but now they've cursed themselves for 12 years. They've already gone longer than the Kings without a Cup. Actually, Chicago's last Cup was a full 6 years before the original expansion in which the Kings entered the league.

Add to that the fact that most of those friends are Cubs and Bears fans as well, and one cannot help but pity them. Well, bot the Bears-loving part. They deserve to suffer for being a fan of that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back