Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='moojuice']SO far, it seems like the best way to stop either shot is to lay down or kneel directly infront of the shooter. Standing there and hoping for the block works, but isn't guaranteed, as it's more likely you will get nutmeg'D.[/QUOTE]

So, exactly like last year. Dive in front of the puck. :) NHL 09 V2...sad, but true.

I think a ton of the glitch goals are super annoying, but I think people complain too much about cross crease goals. If you were able to freely pass across the ice that easily in real life, there would be a million cross crease goals. As it is, they're actually pretty common in the NHL. It's hard for a goalie to cover that much ground. If anything, the glitch is with the passing being too easy, and not with the goalie. Maybe they've corrected it a tiny bit with the precision passing, but you get used to it pretty fast.

Also, the video doesn't show it, but the wrist shot one can be done from multiple places on the ice. I guess the goalie bites on the first deke or something.

And yeah, a lot of it seems like 09V2, but IMO, a lot has changed to justify a new game.

As far as cross creases, at least they are less frequent this year, compared to being almost guaranteed goals last year.

[quote name='ChunkyB']I think a ton of the glitch goals are super annoying, but I think people complain too much about cross crease goals. If you were able to freely pass across the ice that easily in real life, there would be a million cross crease goals. As it is, they're actually pretty common in the NHL. It's hard for a goalie to cover that much ground. If anything, the glitch is with the passing being too easy, and not with the goalie. Maybe they've corrected it a tiny bit with the precision passing, but you get used to it pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

There is no defending the cross crease goals. THEY ARE BULLSHIT. You can't pass through 2 defenders legs and sticks perfectly every time in real life, but you can in the game.

[quote name='slickkill77']There is no defending the cross crease goals. THEY ARE BULLSHIT. You can't pass through 2 defenders legs and sticks perfectly every time in real life, but you can in the game.[/QUOTE]

But this year your pass isn't guaranteed to get to the player you are passing to, like it was last year.

[quote name='DestroVega']But this year your pass isn't guaranteed to get to the player you are passing to, like it was last year.[/QUOTE]

Yah, but of course....90% of the teams we play have perfect passing and gets to the player each time.

I think the one time I played goalie I stopped the dekers by just diving out in front of them....they really weren't expecting that. I believe that was with Alan and Nate.

[quote name='DestroVega']But this year your pass isn't guaranteed to get to the player you are passing to, like it was last year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the passing is pretty easy to get used to. It's weird. Out around the blue line, passes hit off players skates or sticks, but down in front of the net, that rarely happens. For whatever reason, it seems like passes are easier to zip through in front of the net.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, but the passing is pretty easy to get used to. It's weird. Out around the blue line, passes hit off players skates or sticks, but down in front of the net, that rarely happens. For whatever reason, it seems like passes are easier to zip through in front of the net.[/QUOTE]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My thoughts exactly. We can bitch about the "glitchers" all we want, but it won't change anything. We just play the games we play, and if we see guys doing it so much in the first part of the game, we quit and find someone new to play. The record doesn't really matter, it's not like we are playing in the hardcore division or in a tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you enjoy playing for hours, facing team after team of cheaters, that's your business. I just don't really think it's much fun.

[quote name='slickkill77']There is no defending the cross crease goals. THEY ARE BULLSHIT. You can't pass through 2 defenders legs and sticks perfectly every time in real life, but you can in the game.[/QUOTE]

You might want to read my post again. You're pretty much agreeing with exactly what I said.

All right, well since Wpark and Sean disagree with me on the issue, I just went ahead and made a Crotch Sharks team (had to spell it "Crohtch Sharks" to bypass the censors). Anybody who wants to cross over to "the other side" is welcome to do so. No pressure or expectations though, and if I end up the only person on my team, no hard feelings.

My main objective is just to actually enjoy the hours I put into this game. Otherwise, I'd be better off spending my time doing something more productive. If anybody wants to join the Almighty Crotch, either request to join, or send me a PM, or whatever. Thanks.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you enjoy playing for hours, facing team after team of cheaters, that's your business. I just don't really think it's much fun.[/QUOTE]

NHL 10 is serious business. Its EA and a sports game how much do you honestly think they would fix it.
Wpark has the right idea.

So making, a new team is going to fix the glitches?
Also, you might want to calm down and reread what Wpark wrote, he never actually disagreed with you and I tend to agree with him.

[quote name='SeanAmI']NHL 10 is serious business. Its EA and a sports game how much do you honestly think they would fix it.
Wpark has the right idea.

So making, a new team is going to fix the glitches?
Also, you might want to calm down and reread what Wpark wrote, he never actually disagreed with you and I tend to agree with him.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with EVERYTHING N8 says...but what can we do about it? We can either learn the glitches ourselves or just play fair. If we get against a team that glitches, we bail on the game and find a new team to play. Is the record really that important? Why make a new team when you are going to run into exactly the same problem? Don't run away from the problem, just take it like a man. But this is also the kid who quits on the CAG league after playing like 3 games so, it doesn't surprise me he'd quit on this, too. Pretty weak.

[quote name='Wpark83']I totally agree with EVERYTHING N8 says...but what can we do about it? We can either learn the glitches ourselves or just play fair. If we get against a team that glitches, we bail on the game and find a new team to play. Is the record really that important? Why make a new team when you are going to run into exactly the same problem? Don't run away from the problem, just take it like a man. But this is also the kid who quits on the CAG league after playing like 3 games so, it doesn't surprise me he'd quit on this, too. Pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

No, the idea of two teams to begin with was to do challenge matches (like the private matches we ended up doing at the end of last year). The idea even came up before the game came out and some people wanted to do it back then. The only reason I was reluctant was because I was curious if 1. we could actually compete with other clubs, and 2. if there would be a "challenge" feature that would allow our stats to track (unlike the private match option).

After seeing several teams attempt ONLY glitch shots for an entire game, it just completely turned me off to the "competition" again. That's all I'm saying. Maybe it doesn't bother you guys as much as it does me, but I don't really want to play against guys who are just trying to cheat the entire game. I'd rather go read a fucking book or something, lol. It just makes my gaming feel like a complete waste of time, and I hate that. This isn't any vendetta or anything. Just something a lot of people thought was a decent idea to begin with.

But I'm not going to force it. If people don't want it, that's fine. I just can't say how much I'll be around for the OTP massacres because like I said, I don't have fun when the games are like that. That's nothing personal. That's just how I feel about it. I appreciate the insults though. Same old Wpark.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, the idea of two teams to begin with was to do challenge matches (like the private matches we ended up doing at the end of last year). The idea even came up before the game came out and some people wanted to do it back then. The only reason I was reluctant was because I was curious if 1. we could actually compete with other clubs, and 2. if there would be a "challenge" feature that would allow our stats to track (unlike the private match option).

After seeing several teams attempt ONLY glitch shots for an entire game, it just completely turned me off to the "competition" again. That's all I'm saying. Maybe it doesn't bother you guys as much as it does me, but I don't really want to play against guys who are just trying to cheat the entire game. I'd rather go read a fucking book or something, lol. It just makes my gaming feel like a complete waste of time, and I hate that. This isn't any vendetta or anything. Just something a lot of people thought was a decent idea to begin with.

But I'm not going to force it. If people don't want it, that's fine. I just can't say how much I'll be around for the OTP massacres because like I said, I don't have fun when the games are like that. That's nothing personal. That's just how I feel about it. I appreciate the insults though. Same old Wpark.[/QUOTE]

Why mess with the relationship? I insult, you bitch and moan.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you enjoy playing for hours, facing team after team of cheaters, that's your business. I just don't really think it's much fun.

Also, fuck you.[/QUOTE]

I think thats why after winning one game and then losing the next 5 or so, I stay in the party but hop onto another game.

^ I agree, let's simmer down.

I think the two team scenario is fine, I liked playing just all of us last year. Now we can play other random teams, or challenge each other. it's fine.

[quote name='ChunkyB']You might want to read my post again. You're pretty much agreeing with exactly what I said.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh yes yes. My apologies. Your post was confusing upon my initial reading.

Oiy. We are turning into the Cleveland Browns

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, I'm going to join that team. Someone invite me back, please.

EDIT: No club by that name, Glock.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I spelled it wrong, the public club with the gold is:

TGods on Ice

Others:

Bronze: "Dartmouth" or "QC Team"

Silver "Goldcopper"

You might want to check the teams first as they tend to fill up. If people join the team, get the achievements and then leave the team it works fine, but for some reason people are not leaving (probably because most people don't even realize how to leave a team), which causes them to fill up.

I think we all need to chill out with the personal attacks and getting all butt hurt. We're talking about a video game here. It's purpose is to help us escape from the crap that happens in our real life, and there's currently more drama here than in my real life. That's screwed up.

As a side note, does anyone know if all those NHL 10 team themes are premium or not? Normal themes look like total butt on NXE. Hopefully someone knows.

Dayum a lot has changed since I played a week before last Fridays games.

We were doing great then, winning more than we lost. I don't feel like we should give up hope so early in the games life.

Also, I dunno how seasons work but I believe they match you up with similar skilled teams, right? Or at least they try to. Last Friday was the first few days of the new season, we could've been dealing with the asshole glitchers trying to get to the top of the rankings fast and we may never see them again, at least until the next months season starts.

I agree with what Wpark said. If we see a team constantly glitching we should just quit. I see no point in trying to play those teams and not have fun. If a team scores 3 times on 9 shots I'd just quit. I dont really care about the record, although I do like to win obviously.

Here's what we really need to work on to get better, IMO.

1) Positioning. I feel a lot of times we lose focus and don't stick in the area our guy is suppose to. I see it leads to a lot of break-outs or open guys. If we play man to man, we should be ok.

2) Use the CPUS. If three of us are playing another three man squad, use the two CPUS we have. Pass to them. Call for them to shoot. I know people say they do that, but they don't. If we don't use the CPUS in that situation, it's like we are playing a 3 on 5 all game. CPUS will score, and sometimes can set up a decent play.

3) Centers get to the net. On offense, deflection are key, and on defense, getting to the net quick will stop any cross-ice passes that seem to piss us off. Even in playing VS., I'm constantly bringing my center down to the net to stop guys from crossing in front.

After all that is said, I agree with Flyers...it is a game. I just got really tired of reading the bitching and moaning all day of "glitchers", when I bet half of it was just teams who were better than us. But from now on, if you are in a game that the guys are blatently taking advantage, just quit. I think it's clear now no one really cares too too much about taking a loss in that situation. And if it happens a few times in a row, you group up and play in a private game against each other. Problem solved.

Let's go kick some aaaaaaaasssssssss. I will be on Friday night finally, too.

[quote name='moojuice']In all honesty, the list of things we need to work on is way too long.[/QUOTE]

The list of things we need to work on is pretty short.

1. Have fun because it's a freaking game.

I brought up making 2 leagues a long time ago because I know people's ideas of fun can vary quite a bit, but I've had fun so far. I've been enjoying playing defense, and I think I've gotten pretty good at breaking up cross crease passes, which kind of tells me it's not exactly a "glitch".

[quote name='ChunkyB']The list of things we need to work on is pretty short.

1. Have fun because it's a freaking game.

I brought up making 2 leagues a long time ago because I know people's ideas of fun can vary quite a bit, but I've had fun so far. I've been enjoying playing defense, and I think I've gotten pretty good at breaking up cross crease passes, which kind of tells me it's not exactly a "glitch".[/QUOTE]

True, the point is to have fun, but it's not very fun when we only average 2 minutes or less time on attack in a 60 minute game.

[quote name='moojuice']True, the point is to have fun, but it's not very fun when we only average 2 minutes time on attack in a 60 minute game.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. But, if we can't get any time on attack, that has more to do with us sucking, and not really any fault with the game. And if that's the case, then I'm all for playing so we can get better.

At any rate, let's all stop yelling at each other and just have fun. If we get tired of losing, then we'll play against each other for a little while.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I might as well defect as well if we start doing cag vs cag, Gotta stick with my homeboys :p[/QUOTE]

You know I have to go with the Crotch Sharks.

Hey, I have no personal issue with anyone...that is until people revert to high school and go tell me to copulate with my mother.

Let's get the CAG vs. CAG going. Cause I'm gunning. That is unless there's too much "real life" in the way of doing that, as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't know who picks them, but how does the Sex Panthers feel bout the new jerseys? I liked the last ones better, but it does make sense to actually wear a "Panthers" jersey. Just a thought.

[quote name='ChunkyB']I totally agree. But, if we can't get any time on attack, that has more to do with us sucking, and not really any fault with the game. And if that's the case, then I'm all for playing so we can get better.

At any rate, let's all stop yelling at each other and just have fun. If we get tired of losing, then we'll play against each other for a little while.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

It's because the old jerseys didn't play well with several NHL jerseys. Our old jersey colors were only black and white, while many nhl jerseys are primarily white w/black pants. There were LOTS of teams where no matter what Jersey we picked, it would be hard to distinguish one team from another.

[quote name='moojuice']It's because the old jerseys didn't play well with several NHL jerseys. Our old jersey colors were only black and white, while many nhl jerseys are primarily white w/black pants. There were LOTS of teams where no matter what Jersey we picked, it would be hard to distinguish one team from another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a smart idea...and it's probably true that not many people are picking the Panther's jersey out of all the ones to choose from for their club.

"Here come the FUZZ!"

So... we got 4 defections already to Crotch Sharks... are we going to have enough for Sex Panthers??

I joined the Sharks too, but then I quit so I could get a medal achievement because I'm a pathetic man.

But, yeah, I just want to be on a team with people who have fun playing the game. Maybe that isn't possible for some of us, but is that too much to ask?

So do you use your Be a Pro player for this? Sorry for the dumb question, but I haven't played NHL10 online yet. I'm still working through my Season. I'd like to try out playing with other people, as I think it would be tons of fun, win or lose.

[quote name='SeanAmI']There is a separate Be a Pro character that you use for online.

Anyone up for some games tonight?[/QUOTE]

I'll be on as soon as this baseball game is over Sean...you still gonna be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back