Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

It's basically creating a fantasy team based on trading cards that you earn/unlock by playing games. You get pucks (ie. in game currency) for each game, and you use those to buy packs of cards or to buy players from other teams in an auction. Your players are only eligible to play a certain number of games and you have to manage their contracts with contract cards and groom younger players with skill cards.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That just wouldn't make any sense unless they started from last year's build for each game mode. I would think that at launch, every mode would be tuned the same. It was only after all the patches and tuner sets that Play Now, BAP, Online Ranked, and EASHL became so different. There's no need for them to play differently out of the box.[/QUOTE]

That's what you would think but here it is. Just do a quick F3 and search "how the ai works" of course without the quotes.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7507779.page

[quote name='Vulcan2422']That's what you would think but here it is. Just do a quick F3 and search "how the ai works" of course without the quotes.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7507779.page[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see this quote:

How the AI works, is it better in the retail version than in the demo? They are horrible. I played with humans better than the AI. Its really bad.
I don't really know how to take that though. He played with humans better than the AI? Well duh...humans were always better than the AI. I just don't know if he means that he was more impressed with human defensive play than he was with AI defensive play. Or that the human players he played with could still rape the AI. I'll have to see for myself. Based on reviews and what we've seen in the demo, it would just be retarded for EA to undo all that progress with the EASHL. I'm just not willing to believe that yet.

Another question he answered that I liked though is that the Disney era Mighty Ducks jerseys are supposedly in the game. That's pretty awesome, and I'm sure we'll see a lot of them online. Now all those Adam Banks' and Charlie Conway's we run into will at least look right.

I also like this question:
Do you fall all by yourself in possesion of the puck like in NHL 11' on a EASHL Game? Yes.
Yeah, it's called being a shitty skater. NEEDS MOAR AGILITY, lol.

Annnnd...just as I expected, lol
Oh and one last thing. So I know there are girls now in the game.... but I havent seen that they are confirmed to play in OTP or EASHL? Can anyone confirm that. Yes, there are a blond and a brunette to choose from, half of the people playing are now girls.

the girl thing is insanely annoying. They should make a girl build for Call of Duty, not for NHL. I don't know one female that plays this game.

I'm back, obviously.

Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

#37 l Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Matt Young l LD, but I'll try any spot

[quote name='DestroVega']the girl thing is insanely annoying. They should make a girl build for Call of Duty, not for NHL. I don't know one female that plays this game.[/QUOTE]

Out of the 4 females that I play with and the 16 I play against in the novice league, at least half of them will be excited to hear this when I tell them this Saturday since they love the NHL series.

^I play with a good amount of women too and none of them have ever talked about playing it. But if they are out there, cool. I've just never encountered anyone even online in a drop-in that was female, that I could tell.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm back, obviously.[/QUOTE]

I hope to see you playing the game a lot this year, Matt. It's going to be hard for anybody to keep up who doesn't play often. I don't want to say we've passed anybody by, but we're just in a much different place than we were a year ago. Hell, we're ranked 94th in Elite right now (and would be higher if our fucking 8-2 win from last night would have counted). That's light years away from how the team used to play.

[quote name='DestroVega']^I play with a good amount of women too and none of them have ever talked about playing it. But if they are out there, cool. I've just never encountered anyone even online in a drop-in that was female, that I could tell.[/QUOTE]

With all the rampant racism, sexual bigotry, and general hatred that people spew into their headsets over Live, how many females do you think would actually talk during drop in games? I'm not saying there are a lot of female players. I would just never expect them to talk either.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I see amazon lowered the credit to $10. You guys that ordered at $20 still get the $20 or the $10?[/QUOTE]

$20. They do that a lot. That's why you gotta get in while the gettin's good!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DestroVega']Did the video get erased? Can't find it on YouTube and the link says can't find the movie[/QUOTE]

I have it unlisted on Youtube. It's working fine in the OP for me. Just clicked play and it started no problem. Maybe Youtube was having server problems when you tried?

Just going through the forum, hipchecks are over rated and now stick lifts work on the 8th try and poke checks are ineffective. Great step forward EA, bravo.

Great Step Forward EA was sarcasm. Just go take a gander at the EA boards. Sorta makes ya sad it's always one step forward and three steps back with NHL. Same old cut scene recycled from 08-12 Stanley cup wise . 07 had the best Stanley Cup cut scene. Hell, I was blown away by Maddens Super bowl win, but look at Maddens profits compared to NHL's how ever.

well, they always tinker with the gameplay with the tuner so maybe they'll fix it, and or, some people could be exaggerating.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just going through the forum, hipchecks are over rated and now stick lifts work on the 8th try and poke checks are ineffective. Great step forward EA, bravo.[/QUOTE]

I read a lot of these comments too, but the basic sentiment I got was "same as 11" for those things. People thought hip checks were overpowered in 11 too...and stick lifts didn't work right. I still say 11 plays fine with decent AI (ie. in versus mode).

I said the other night when we were playing, if they'd just fix one thing on the laundry list of things wrong with the AI, it would make the game tremendously better. For example, if the AI got rid of the puck when they should instead of rushing head first into a huge hit, or allowing themselves to get raped in the defensive zone. Just fixing that alone would change the way the game plays so much. If they could just do that for 12, I'd be happy.

Back up to 107. Figure if we put a good run in sometime this weekend it should put us in a good position. I wouldn't think we would drop very quickly once 12 comes out.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Back up to 107. Figure if we put a good run in sometime this weekend it should put us in a good position. I wouldn't think we would drop very quickly once 12 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A good run of 3-4 straight wins could put us in for good...unless the other teams around 100 have the same idea, haha.

^I'd imagine once 12 comes out you could even go back a week later and win a few against whoever is left and most of the top 100 teams won't even be playing it anymore

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I hope to see you playing the game a lot this year, Matt. It's going to be hard for anybody to keep up who doesn't play often. I don't want to say we've passed anybody by, but we're just in a much different place than we were a year ago. Hell, we're ranked 94th in Elite right now (and would be higher if our fucking 8-2 win from last night would have counted). That's light years away from how the team used to play.

[/QUOTE]

I will try to play as much as possible, but we'll have to see how that goes. I'll still have hockey games to attend on a lot of Fridays, but whatever the case, I do need a lot of practice.

[quote name='DestroVega']^I'd imagine once 12 comes out you could even go back a week later and win a few against whoever is left and most of the top 100 teams won't even be playing it anymore[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what we're hoping, haha. I guess it will be kind of a hollow way to get the top 100 trophy. But hey, if it's the only way to eliminate most of the douchebag teams, so be it.

[quote name='DarkTower80']While looking thru the video game shirt thread I found the team shirt for nhl 12:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Cl...s/Hide-Yo-Wife-Hide-Yo-Kids-TShirt-122191.jsp[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice.

[quote name='Matt Young']I will try to play as much as possible, but we'll have to see how that goes. I'll still have hockey games to attend on a lot of Fridays, but whatever the case, I do need a lot of practice.[/QUOTE]

Completely understandable. I don't even know how much I'll be able to play starting in December. It definitely won't be 3-4 nights a week like I had been. Just hoping we can get more people playing at a high level so we can swap out players when we need to without regressing too much.

So I got the season ticket and finally got around to playing a few drop ins and i'm having a good time with it. Seen a lot of tiny dudechicks, not too crazy about that addition since thier clearly being used by danglers. I'm playing games now ill give more thoughts later.

6 straight wins tonight, moving us up to 57th in Elite. For the 2nd consecutive night of play, we were cheated out of a big win against an Elite team. This time, we were leading a team ranked around 600 by a score of 4-2 with like 15:00 left in the 3rd, when they apparently just gave up, and started taking penalties left and right. Alan noticed the game starting to get out of sync when it should go to the after play replay, but was jumping straight to the faceoff instead.

A few minutes later, yup, the game started looping. We noticed we couldn't even pause it anymore. Within 5 minutes, the game dropped, and the result didn't count. In all the games we've played and all the speculation about "pause glitching", that's probably the first time I've seen it be obviously intentional. Pretty pathetic, but I guess that's what happens when you start competing with "Elite" teams. Oddly enough, they seemed to be having a good time when they were up 2-0.

From the Operation Sports review, this part's about HUT.

This mode was introduced and highly advertised last year, and it’s seen some significant upgrades that make it more enjoyable to play this year. Improvements have been made for both those that play primarily online and those who prefer to play alone.

The core of HUT is unchanged: You’ll still collect cards by spending EA Pucks, assemble a team and battle it out to earn more EA Pucks. The cards are from 10 different leagues, so you’ll see a wide range of players, both in terms of quality and teams. Added for NHL 12 are the rare Legends cards, too.

This mode is still much better, in my mind, then similar modes in other EA games. There is a lot you can do to enhance your team beyond just grinding games to buy new packs. In addition to training (upgrading) players, you can now change their position and heal them should injuries occur. Again, as in the past, everything is driven by cards -- that remedy for a key injury is just a proper healing card away.

For those that like to play this game alone, the new "EAUHL 24/7" is a great addition that keeps this mode fresh and interesting. Unlike Madden’s offline UT, where you can only choose a real-life team to play against, NHL 12 will download other Ultimate Teams that have been created by other users.

Not only does the game pull three random teams from the servers, it will also grab one "top 100" team should you want a challenge. You can earn Pucks in this mode if your team is selected by another user or by simply playing games yourself.

If you like to keep the action against human opponents, HUT will now let you play "friendlies" against your online friends with some basic stat tracking. This is a nice (and common sense) addition, especially for those who like to show off their collections.

You can also save different lineups, like in FIFA, so that you are eligible for various tournaments. Also, alternate versions of players will be randomly inserted into the packs during the real NHL season, showcasing hot streaks and "players of the week."

Like the rest of NHL 12’s additions, the enhancements to HUT are small. But together, they really upgrade this mode. Those who liked HUT last year will find more to appreciate in NHL 12.

Aargh, why does Amazon not automatically change your existing pre-orders to release date delivery once that option becomes available? This seems like a no-brainer thing they should do for their customers, especially for those that pay for prime. I checked my order status and it says delivery by the 16th for NHL 12, but of course I can still place an order today and get release date delivery (but the credit is $10 now vs the 20 when I ordered). Called them up and they cannot change it since my order is already shipping via Ground.

Not that big of a deal in the end since I was going to pick up an extra copy for my brother tomorrow at Kmart. Still doesn't make sense to me though.

^I cancelled my Amazon order 30 mins ago because it said delivery 20th-24th. I have 3 games to trade in anyway, I'll just pick it up tomorrow.

The HUT stuff sounds awesome, I'm bummed a bit because the best two modes are HUT and OTP, and most of the achievements are BAP. I'm already having dreams of obtaining achievements in '12 (sick).

Yeah, even though I got the email saying "your item is now eligible for release date delivery", I was fortunate enough to notice that my NHL 12 still had an estimated delivery of 9/16. I was able to go in and change my shipping options though, and changed it to "release date delivery". Just lucky to see it in time, I guess.

EDIT - Good news. I checked our team rank earlier and we were down to 59. But I checked again just now and we're back up to 57. Nice to see us move back up almost 24 hours later. Hope this means we'll have an easier time staying in the top 100 now. Can't wait for NHL 12 tomorrow! :)

I'm hoping that the 24-hour BB near work will let me buy it after work tonight. Then I can play it tomorrow afternoon, go to K-Mart and take advantage of that deal, and return it to BB :)

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Stupid ass EB not doing 12am release. Now I won't play till 5pm. Blah.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel like there's only three games that get midnight launches anymore: Madden, Call of Duty, and Halo. It's probably just not worth it to keep the stores open that late and pay the employees.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Don't forget Gears either Nate! Was going to do the same Rob but I want my Bauer boost pack![/QUOTE]

Wasn't there some sort of issue with the Bauer boost pack last year? I thought I remembered some problem where it didn't show up or you couldn't equip it or ?

When clicking through one of the EA NHL 12 emails I saw that if you buy it from their Origin service you get the following:

Origin Exclusive Boost Pack

Improve your Be-a-Pro and EA Sports Hockey League Character with The Origin Player Boost Pack! Take the First Step Towards Becoming The Next Great Legend.

As someone who has 1000/1000gs (or as close as possible) in all the NHL games released on the 360 I must say that I am a bit daunted by this achievement list. The Magnificent Mario achievement (score 5 goals 5 different ways in BAP) seems like it will be a real bitch, along with the HUT for winning a playoff tournament. I definitely agree that there are way too many BAP/HUT achievements this time around. I just hope the achievement whores out there figure out a easy way to do them, because I don't want to get stuck playing 20 seasons of 20 minute games in BAP to break Gretzky's points record. :drool:

Probably can't play until Weds. Send me an invite to the team though and I'll accept when I pick it up. Good luck with the first few games!

This being the weekend that my wife has a conference out of town, I really won't be on much until Sunday night. I'll be on for a bit Thursday, but with the kid getting up at 6 am I gotta hit the hay early.

That said, next Monday is the end of the playoffs, and the week after that starts the off-season schedule, when I get Friday's off!

I'm working early tomorrow but Amazon should have mine here by the time I get off work at 3:30. I will probably be playing most of the afternoon and evening tomorrow.

any of you guys that read the forums know if the last 20 games still determine your grade? I prolly should have quit 50 games before i even started playing for real.

[quote name='Ltor']any of you guys that read the forums know if the last 20 games still determine your grade? I prolly should have quit 50 games before i even started playing for real.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything, but I would assume it's the same. EA has to be pretty freaking motivated to change anything. If they haven't fixed the looping glitch or (allegedly) the XP boost, I doubt they've done anything to how your grade is determined.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sweet! UPS came early. Got my NHL 12! :)[/QUOTE]

Mines been out for delivery since 8am so i'll be on there soon'ish if you wanna get some club games going.

[quote name='Ltor']Mines been out for delivery since 8am so i'll be on there soon'ish if you wanna get some club games going.[/QUOTE]

Uh, well, I hadn't planned on setting up the club until the main guys are ready (plus I've got to go run some errands in a bit). I don't know that we 100% had decided on a team name yet either. Does everybody just want to go with CheapyD All Stars again, or do we want to actually do the "Wifebeaterz" thing, lol.

One thing that made me laugh, when you first load up the game, it asks if you want to import your NHL 11 profile. I did, and then when I went to set up my skater, what do I see staring me in the face? "H. Chinballs". Haha, pretty awesome.

EDIT - Nevermind. Ltor already set up the club...

Ya know, we joked about that, but kinda laughed it off because none of us thought you'd be that fucking stupid. Glad you thought that was your place, dude. What makes you think you deserve to be a GM? Also, what do our jerseys look like since you were in charge of making them? Look, I'm not mad because I didn't get to make the club. But there are AT LEAST five guys here who have more of a right to make it than you. I also like the way you didn't mention it here in the thread. And you wonder why people have problems with you. Jesus fucking christ, man.

bread's done
Back