Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

Name change for sure, and Nate should definitely be setting up the club, lol come on man. He's basically been handling all that for the last three years.

I mean, shit, after all that time Nate spent on the video and setting the team up year after year after year, I don't really feel like anybody else should make the club unless he's good with it.

I don't want it to seem like a "me me" thing though. But to have a guy who just joined the team last year, got removed for acting like an idiot and didn't know it for 2 months, and rubbed some people the wrong way...that's the guy who makes the team without even checking with anybody? Really???

It makes me think the only reason he got season ticket was so he could pull this bitch move lol. As far as I'm concerned, Ltor can take this team and invite Magicking so all the shitty players can be in one place.

It's definitely not a "you you" thing, and I have no problem with Ltor at all cause I think we maybe played all of 3 games together, but I wouldn't even attempt to make the team myself, I wouldn't even ask to do so, and I've been playing since '08.

I just know it's Nate's thing. Nate and Alan are always the ones really doing things outside of just playing to benefit the team, or just do fun little things with it. I'm just kind of shocked by it.

But looking past all that, I think a name change is in order, along with possibly some type of jersey change. I wouldn't even mind something really different that makes us stand out.

What was the Wifebeaterz suggestion? lol wasn't around to hear that one. don't know if they'd even allow that.

I don't think anyone would consider it a "me me" thing Nate. Given all the work and games you've played, this year and in the past, I think this team starts with Nate and goes from there. No offense to anyone else of course.

Thanks, guys. Just thought the whole situation was messed up, and not even posting about it in the thread was really dumb (even I wasn't sure if we'd want to go with "CheapyD All Stars" again).

Destro, the "Wifebeaterz" idea is kind of a joke based on the fact that at least half the players we run into this year are going to have female skaters. And of course, that percentage will probably increase to 99% for the douchebag dangle masters. Naming ourselves "The Wifebeaterz" was just a funny way to handle that. Brandon even took it a step further and said we could try to make our jerseys look like white tank tops, hahaha. I tried typing "Cheap Azz Wifebeaterz" into the chat and it wasn't censored...but I'm not sure if we'd want to go that route. I'm open to ideas though, so if somebody's got something creative, let's hear it!

I like that you can transfer your HUT pucks to NHL 12. Gave me a little head start, since I could buy a decent pack. Not that I got anything great out of it LOL.

jza1218 said:
I like that you can transfer your HUT pucks to NHL 12. Gave me a little head start, since I could buy a decent pack. Not that I got anything great out of it LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jza1218']I like that you can transfer your HUT pucks to NHL 12. Gave me a little head start, since I could buy a decent pack. Not that I got anything great out of it LOL.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is cool. I'm glad I never spent my pucks from last year once I got the 5 star achievement, but if you can bring over all your pucks from last year the people who had amassed hundreds of thousands of pucks are going to have such a huge head start on everyone this year. That playoff achievement is going to be next to impossible.

For those who have it already what else transfers over? Nate, you said your EASHL player transfers over? I'm guessing it is just the details and that no stats/GP/Boosts or anything like that transfer over, correct? Just trying to figure out as much as I can since I won't be able to play until later tonight most likely

[quote name='Ltor']if i knew that i wouldn't of spent all mine last month. Bummer.

Edit: I tried to talk to nate on xbox but he wouldn't accept. Just to reiterate wasn't trying to take over the team, was planning to pass nate gm or whatever, just wanted to work on the jerseys. All a big misunderstanding. Don't wanna be gm. Just don't want puke green and yellow jerseys is all. But calling me bad and a fucking idiot was awesome, preciate it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't accept your party invite because I told you to explain it to the team...not just me.

And your excuse is bullshit. If you just wanted to "test out jerseys" why name the team exactly what we had it? Name the team "test" and screw with the jerseys. You setting it up was a bitch move, plain and simple. If you want to justify it by being a smartass, good for you. If you don't like that you got called out on it, there are plenty of other places on the internet for you to act like a douche.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']For those who have it already what else transfers over? Nate, you said your EASHL player transfers over? I'm guessing it is just the details and that no stats/GP/Boosts or anything like that transfer over, correct? Just trying to figure out as much as I can since I won't be able to play until later tonight most likely[/QUOTE]

No, just your basic profile (skater name, vitals, etc) and your in-game settings I believe.

Why is the jersey design up to you? You're going to pick the jersey's because you didn't like last years? What gives you the right?

[quote name='Ltor']You misunderstood me, I wanted to create the jerseys for the team. I didn't like last years look. Not sure why your calling me a douche I'm telling you I'll promote you to gm. I obviously made a mistake assuming it wouldn't be a big deal if I set the team up for you and took a crack at the jerseys. I meant well really wasn't trying to be sneaky or pull a bitch move.[/QUOTE]

Talking it over with the rest of the guys didn't occur to you at all? Mentioning it here in the thread? Nothing? Even if I am the one to do something or make a decision about something, I hate doing it without getting everybody's feedback. It's not MY decision. Just like it's not YOUR decision. That was the entire point. It wasn't your place to set up the team. As I said, we hadn't even decided to use the same name.

And if that was only your intent, why get defensive and act like an ass? Statements like "Dunno why you have to make me sad with mean names. Was just trying to make you happy dad." and "Just don't want puke green and yellow jerseys is all" doesn't help your cause. Jesus, as I'm typing this, you post another dick response to Rob. This is what we're talking about, man. Whether your intent is to be a douche or not, you say the things a complete douche would say. Instead of just owning up to it and moving on, you throw barbs back at us. How do you expect people to react?

So, it wasn't just me right? Just want to make this clear is all. I loved the look of the Jerseys last year.

Some of us have been here since 08, but it's ok guys, ltor has taken some classes at the rhode island state of design. So our Veteran opinions mean nothing. No offense Rob.

[quote name='Ltor']Before I said anything you called me a douche, said I was fucking stupid and told me to invite magickings so all the terrible players can be on one team. how would you react to that? I was mistaken for not running this by everyone and getting approval which is my bad but it's hard to be apologetic when you reamed me out before I could even explain myself. So I was sarcastic in an attempt to make light of the fact that you more or less admitted you think i'm an asshat for something I considered mostly a misunderstanding. This team is your thing nate, sorry for overstepping my boundries I only wanted to play fashion designer. Can we please move on and play some god dam hockey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we can. Once we decide what we're calling the team. And I'm sorry if I "reamed" you. That's generally my response when I see someone do something stupid. If my opinion that what you did was stupid offends you, well, sorry. The next time you fuck up, I'll try to remember to give you a blowjob. Remember months ago when I told you there was just something about you that annoyed me and that you always seemed to be in the wrong place asking the wrong thing at the wrong time? Yeah, me too.

MOVING ON...just played my first BAP game (which takes soooo much longer this year) and it was really awesome seeing "HARRY CHINBALLS" flash across the screen for the player highlights near the end of the game. I know that's something we're going to have a lot of fun with online with all the different names.

Also, anyone know if the playing the last 5 minutes of the game still works? Simming the games is WAYYY different this year. I feel like I'm running a tape deck, having to "sim period", "increase sim speed", "pause", "resume sim", "intervene", and then try to get in with 5:00 left in the 3rd. Definitely not as easy as in year's past.

Don't wanna throw fuel on the fire but Ltor, if you wanted to possibly make the jerseys because of your design background, how bout just throwing out the idea in the thread? Would have saved yourself all this back and fourth.

I posted this before but I guess it never got posted, I'd be up for changing the jerseys to something real creative that stands out. But if we went with last year's that's fine too, we should probably throw out ideas for a name/theme of the team and make the jersey based around that.

EDIT: guess my first jersey comment was up there. sorry for the retread.

I wish I had known about the pucks too, I just spent 5,000 last week for what amounts to no reason now lol.

Frankly, I never had a problem with the uniforms, I thought they were fine. At least they weren't neon pink.

Played a drop in game on D today (because you know how people are if they can't play their position). Some positives were that people weren't able to score on an AI goalie with the same old deking moves from last year. On the downside, I was peeved that I took a roughing penalty for jostling with a guy in front of the goalie.

Loving having slots for different positions, makes it real easy to fit in anywhere.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']How many pucks Rob? I got 4,000 cause I kept playing hut in the demo.[/QUOTE]

About 2,500. Plus I got some free packs from the demo. Still don't have an NHLer, which is different from last year when I had Straka and Jed Ortemeyer (ok, so I'm using NHLer loosely). Still, I played a HUT 24/7 game, which was a nice matchup, but hilarious when the same player scored -- for each team.

Also, learned that not everything is viewable as a highlight with the action tracker. Wanted to see a couple of penalties after the game and was told the highlight was not available.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']How do we play against each other jn hut 24/7 against each other offline?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can in 24/7, as the team's downloaded are random.

spent a lot of time just setting up builds and my HUT team last night, so I only got to play one HUT game, the game now feels way more like a sim. think they kind of nailed it

[quote name='jza1218']Also, learned that not everything is viewable as a highlight with the action tracker. Wanted to see a couple of penalties after the game and was told the highlight was not available.[/QUOTE]

That's weird...played an Online VS match last night, and everything was viewable as a replay in the tracker. I was pleasantly surprised.

Not my vid etiher, but funny stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29IvjXS3qSE

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']NHL avatar items also available today (team Jerseys & Hats). It sure took them long enough![/QUOTE]

That's great news. Now we need some NFL jerseys again. I would have preferred a Kings crown jersey, but their current unis (former alternates) look good, too.

Got my copy mid-afternoon yesterday. I only earned 500ish pucks for my less than 10 games in NHL 11 HUT, but I did get 4 free reward packs between the demo, recommending and having played last year. Just played an exhibition game or two, one BAP, and lost one Ultimate Team game. Last season I got burnt out on the game and sick of arguing with people, but now I'm reinvigorated with the hockey spirit. Definitely a harder game than last year upon first play, but I noticed a lot of improvements with puck physics.

EDIT: Regarding avatar items- the Kings jersey they offer is the new main jersey, but the hat still has the superior crown logo. I'm not going to match!

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't even played online yet. Hopefully we can all play together soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, we've all pretty much been playing offline BAP to unlock boosts. I played a couple drop in games earlier today and of course my team sucked complete shit. The problem was, my skater was so underpowered, there wasn't much I could do about it. My passing was fine, but my shot was weak, and I couldn't knock anyone over (except myself, lol).

I really want to play club, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of ruining my +/- and killing our team record right off the bat. The only compromise I can think of if people really want to play club is to use the team Ltor made as a sort of "warm up" team, let us build our skaters up, and then start the "real team". If people would rather just start the regular team, we can do that too. I just know it was a long climb back to .500 and having a higher goals for than goals against. I do want to get some more boosts unlocked though. Being rated a 72 sucks.

I have been playing BAP as well. I was more interested in forming the club and doing some practice, although I guess private games would serve the same function if you guys want to try that.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have been playing BAP as well. I was more interested in forming the club and doing some practice, although I guess private games would serve the same function if you guys want to try that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually private would be a good idea. Brandon discovered last night that you can still do ranked private too, so the games would count for our skaters. That's probably a pretty good option before we throw ourselves to the clubs who have their legend cards already (I'm sure there are some).

I'll be on whenever the hell this Big Brother finale is over, lol (wife is watching it) if anybody wants to do some private games. And if you read that last sentence as "play some games with our privates", well then you're just ahead of the curve.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, actually private would be a good idea. Brandon discovered last night that you can still do ranked private too, so the games would count for our skaters. That's probably a pretty good option before we throw ourselves to the clubs who have their legend cards already (I'm sure there are some).

I'll be on whenever the hell this Big Brother finale is over, lol (wife is watching it) if anybody wants to do some private games. And if you read that last sentence as "play some games with our privates", well then you're just ahead of the curve.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it's not just me that had to put up with their wife watching Big Brother.

[quote name='Ltor']I'll be on after im done watching your wives watch big brother.

Killer peeping tom joke aside, I say we start playing online if not club just make a public match and get on the same team. I mean the game came out a day ago everyones on an even playing ground for the most part, if we waste too much time working on boosts we will only fall farther behind.[/QUOTE]

You really need to learn the value in not saying everything that occurs to you.

[quote name='Ltor']I'll be on after im done watching your wives watch big brother.

Killer peeping tom joke aside, I say we start playing online if not club just make a public match and get on the same team. I mean the game came out a day ago everyones on an even playing ground for the most part, if we waste too much time working on boosts we will only fall farther behind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much everything you typed here is wrong. I'm trying to be nice to you, man. Seriously. But why is it that in this thread, you know more about the game than all of us and are telling us when and how we should do things. But then when we're talking to you in party, you're the one asking everybody how to do every minor thing in the game. Everybody is not on even playing ground. European players have had the game for a week already, and I PROMISE you there are even North American players who have their legend cards already. If you really have that big of a desire for someone to wipe their ass with you, by all means, be my guest. You've got a team right now. Find people to play on it with you, and knock yourself out.

We are not falling "farther behind". We're leveling up our skaters. Some of us already know what we're doing. We don't need to practice to learn how to play the game. I'm all for playing some private OTP games, but anything outside of that just seems like volunteering for frustration. I've used my skater in drop ins. He sucks right now. I can't hit, my shot is weak, and I lose the puck very easily.

Again, I'm not trying to insult you, but you're acting like a kid who can't control his ADHD. There's plenty to be worked on before we come together as a team. I'll play privates if anybody wants to simply because you do still need the games played count for your skater (and actually, you need wins now too...that's going to make things interesting). But we don't even have a new team name yet, so there's not a lot we could do with club anyway. Take your Ritalin and chill out.

I actually had a great drop in game last night. The team cycled the puck around and nobody tapped there sticks really. It was nice. 2 more wins and I think 4 more games till I get my rookie status.

bread's done
Back