Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

Glad things got a lot better. I want to play with you guys but I'm trying to get ready via drop-ins so I don't hurt the team. It's just that I've had the misfortune of ending up in games with douchebags. At least I can get some playing time at various positions this way and see if I can find my best possible position and setup.

[quote name='Matt Young']Glad things got a lot better. I want to play with you guys but I'm trying to get ready via drop-ins so I don't hurt the team. It's just that I've had the misfortune of ending up in games with douchebags. At least I can get some playing time at various positions this way and see if I can find my best possible position and setup.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to hurt the team. We all kind of suck right now, and the team isn't anywhere near prestigious. Before last night, we were on an 0-13-2 skid. Ultimately, just being there and playing the game is going to help.

Regardless of what position you end up at, just knowing how to play it and playing smart are the most important things. We've actually been switching around A LOT lately (especially since there's an achievement for playing every position). Most of us played 2-3 positions last night alone. I think you just need to jump back into it.

Okay, well thanks for encouraging me to join. I am not sure what's up tonight since I just saw that you're going out and I, like you, am trying to get a Madden league game played tonight.

I'm gonna be basically gone from home 7 of the next 10 days, so my playing time will be very limited. Kinda sucks, but I'll jump back in full force when I return.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I had no problems playing NHL today.[/QUOTE]

I got booted out of a drop in game, it kept cycling and then told me it was unable to synchronize. I went to play HUT instead, I love bargain shopping in auctions.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']October 5th marks the return of Gay Robot!! Yeah!![/QUOTE]

Sweet! That's going to be awesome! South Park, Beavis & Butthead, Gay Robot. Does life get any better?

Finally got my copy.

Question about the custom music. I've got everything setup properly, but it doesn't play my custom music during HUT, even though I've selected HUT and setup the music in the custom music menu. My custom music plays during NHL games, so it should be working. Any ideas?

I have a follow up on custom music too, can I put it on a thumb drive and move it to my xbox since the computer won't share properly?

[quote name='DestroVega']I have a follow up on custom music too, can I put it on a thumb drive and move it to my xbox since the computer won't share properly?[/QUOTE]

Ask Gary about that, heh.

[quote name='CheapyD']Finally got my copy.

Question about the custom music. I've got everything setup properly, but it doesn't play my custom music during HUT, even though I've selected HUT and setup the music in the custom music menu. My custom music plays during NHL games, so it should be working. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

That's really weird. I don't know what would make music during HUT mode any different. Once again, I've been too lazy to set up custom music myself this so far this year, but I thought "goal music" was goal music, no matter what mode you're in. It wouldn't blow my mind if EA somehow screwed it up for one of the modes though, haha.

Have you noticed this? Last year, they included all the different goal horn sounds for different teams, yet this year's version, it's the same one no matter who or where you're playing.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Nope, lame 360 won't let you add music via thumb drive. It is 2011 right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to say, last I remembered you could still only rip from a freaking CD. That's why generally, if I can't stream to my 360...I just don't have music, lol. My CD-RWs have shit on them from like 2006 that's how long it's been.

Same here Nate. With the tablet now, I don't have a dedicated computer to stream. If I can't put it on a thumb drive, what the hell is the point to waste a disc? I mean I said it before but it's 2011! We have all this wireless technology yet we can't put music on our 360 with a thumb drive. I've got your "Can't put music on the 360 with a thumb drive" right here!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going to go ahead and throw this out there: Rob was asking about Kinect games to get and Avatar Kinect is free. Who else has it? There are achievements for having 4 people in a drum circle and there seems to be some interesting stuff we can do with it. Anyone interested?

Man... I got pinned between the goalie and a D beating me senseless, but I ended up getting a Goalkeeper interference. :\

Also... WTF?

imag0089sf.jpg

After enduring a 0-13-2 stretch, the CAG team has responded by winning 12 of its last 13, including a monstrous 10-0 win, and building to a 10 game winning streak (the longest measured streak in the game). We went 6-0 tonight and outscored our opponents 21-9. Over this 13 game run, the most goals we've given up in a game is 2. Now that's some pretty damn solid hockey.

The AI is even contributing (sometimes), and it's nice to see them going hard to the net when nobody is on them and even knocking opposing players off the puck now and again. It's amazing how this game plays when you have a full team of players playing correctly.

So I guess that Avatar Kinect idea didn't really seem appealing to anyone else, eh?

Glad things are going well and I hope I don't slow that roll at all. How many people will be on tonight?

[quote name='Matt Young']So I guess that Avatar Kinect idea didn't really seem appealing to anyone else, eh?

Glad things are going well and I hope I don't slow that roll at all. How many people will be on tonight?[/QUOTE]

Although I've had my Kinect for about a month now, I haven't looked into too much with the Kinect Labs. Things have just been too crazy around here. I'll have to look at more of the games you can download sometime.

As for tonight, I'm hoping I'll be on. The wife has been a little peeved at me though for playing almost every night since the game came out (which she expected...it's just getting a little old, lol). I'm going to just have to play this one by ear and tread lightly, haha.

Yeah, been trying to start a new schedule for sleep. Not sure when I'll be on or even how late honestly. These late Saturday games just kill me and drain me really.

Okay, I just didn't know if it was a horrible idea to begin with. The thought of a group drum circle thing seemed amusing to me, and with Rob asking for Kinect recommendations in that thread, I figured I'd put the idea out there.

Hopefully, everyone's significant others will allow them the time to play!

EDIT: Gary, I know how that can be. I'm used to falling asleep before 10 P.M. and waking up early, but now I have to change to survive Vegas next weekend. Frozen Fury XIV!

frozenfury11_Header.jpg

I didn't know the achievement for playing every position had to be in club games and not drop-ins. I found out the hard way, but I did have a 3 point game at LW.

Yeah, some are EASHL specific. See like tonight I'm beat. Game was at 8:30 and we just got home at 1:50. Saturdays are a tiring day. Hockey at night followed by beers and jello shots with my friends and team mates. With a 50 minute drive home. So yeah, I'm beat and buzzed.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, wtf with the jumping?[/QUOTE]

It's called "catching the goalie by surprise". Creativity is really that baffling to you?

It's what the CAG team does. Jump dekes and spinaroonies!! You know Nate, I could have put Gaga on my Jersey, but by the time I get to the rink my mind is in a different state. Plus, the wife Did it while I was changing so I had no feedback on it lol.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh gawd... wish, i was more creative. Maybe next time I'll be creative and... twitch before I shoot or... I know... yell.. o_O[/QUOTE]

It's a fucking move. What is so difficult to comprehend about a move? It's a jump deke. It usually doesn't work on AI goalies, that's why that video was funny. But against human goalies who are anticipating some type of left right movement, going straight up with it often catches them off guard. It's creative in that it's not the same backhand - forehand deke that goalies are used to seeing over and over again.

o_O.oh look how...clever...I..am....oOoO0oO0010001...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Just trying to remember the last time i saw a... "jump deke" done in right in front of a goalie irl... i'll get back to ya.[/QUOTE]

No, that's ok. You don't have to.

I can't remember when sticks go through peoples leg and pucks go through skates IRL either. Or a goalie getting beat by the same move over and over IRL. So what exactly is your point here? I bet you don't remember the goal that a Michigan scored when the player picked up the puck with his stick from behind the net and scored a lacrosse like goal. But yet, a jump deke in front of a goalie is just so hard for you to understand. I forgot that you watched every single hockey game every day that it can't happen some where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16881xpFxOI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB19B00A806371E86

bread's done
Back