Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

In the ten games I have played in, I've been show cased 4 times because of my checks. I love when it pops up Gary Gaga. Sitting on a A- so far.

Wow, Gary Gaga isn't Vulgar?... I still need to come up with a new name now, you know how Duke Silver would ruin young kids' minds.

anyone else not in love with the fact EA is now tied with Virgin Gaming for real cash tournaments in this so called EA Arena?

Also, does anyone know where NHL game devs actually read comments so we can ask about these "vulgar" names?

[quote name='Ltor']You guys take everything I say way too seriously, dunno why I can't crack a joke and share an opinion without getting jumped on. Shits ridiculous, I was only suggesting that in the time it would take to play 2 seasons of be a pro you could be farther along if instead you spent it playing otp games and leveling up your character. Seeing that theres more points at which you gain xp your gains are much more consistent through out. I've got an idea of how many boosts you can unlock through offline be a pro and I WAS OF THE OPINION that xp gains from 20-30 OTP matches would be a more efficient use of time. I don't know if thats the truth but i thought it was worth throwing out there. Also you do realize we play at like 11-12 pm est and seeing as thats 4-5 am in the uk I don't think we have to worry about running into too many european teams. And If i need Ritalin you guys need to chug a bucket of horse tranquilizers because you get way too angry about shit I say in passing on a video game hockey thread. Learn to put things in perspective and loosen up a bit.

* The views expressed in this post are merely opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Hockey League nor does the author assume to "know more about the game than all of us" any southerners who were outraged by this post are probably overreacting and should instead worry about something more important.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's the difference then. You think you're funny. Other people think you're obnoxious. I'm just going to let you know, personally, I don't think you're funny. I'm not going to argue with you about any more crap though because it's a waste of time. The biggest problems people have had on this team are when they won't shut up or they tell the team how to play. Just putting that out there.

No Whammies!

I'm in love with this game. It finally caters to the d. Here are my stats so far for drop in playing left and right d.

wins - 9
losses - 2
Goals - 2
assists - 8
points - 10
plus/minus - +15
goals per game - .18
assists per game - .73
points per game - .91
Hits - 35
hits per game - 3.18

Last edited by a moderator:
^nice... I wish I could play as much! My wife apparently will be working till midnight every single Friday which is good for me on hockey nights, the bad news is after this Friday I'm out of the state the next two.

Sucks you can't tinker with the videos once they are saved.

First one I went for a check and I must have missed but it automatically ended my shift even when I didn't press x and I was at full green bars.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/93286595

Yup, your d-man got a breakaway and scored while the center stayed back in a drop in none the less.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/93286796

Here is the injury one. It was even show cased and I went right back to the bench. It was so damn funny.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/93285874

Also, playing with my buddy he did this awesome hip check.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/93286788

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Sucks you can't tinker with the videos once they are saved.
Here is the injury one. It was even show cased and I went right back to the bench. It was so damn funny.[/QUOTE]

Lol, oh so you can check/hurt your teammates?

I have the worst connection ever, haha. My problem is that I'm too broke to afford one of Microsoft's expensive wireless routers, so I use my laptop to connect to the Internet. It shouldn't be so bad, but my laptop is an outdated piece of crap that can never seem to maintain a connection for any length of time. I also won't be getting a new xbox until November, again, because I have no money. So until then, I'll try to play, but it's kind of a crapshoot whether my connection will be stable on a day to day basis.

[quote name='KasterDB']I have the worst connection ever, haha. My problem is that I'm too broke to afford one of Microsoft's expensive wireless routers, so I use my laptop to connect to the Internet. It shouldn't be so bad, but my laptop is an outdated piece of crap that can never seem to maintain a connection for any length of time. I also won't be getting a new xbox until November, again, because I have no money. So until then, I'll try to play, but it's kind of a crapshoot whether my connection will be stable on a day to day basis.[/QUOTE]

Understandable. November's not too far off though. In the meantime, just try to build up your skater. Unlock boosts and whatnot. Even playing drop in games won't kill you cause it'll help your "games played" requirement. If you drop from the game, you won't get credit for the win if your team wins though. Found that out the hard way last night.

is it pretty quick into BAP to unlock stuff for the boosts? I never really played BAP last year at all and unlocked them not too long into my "pro" career.

I love the team and concept. haha should make for some really good times.

See you guys tonight.

[quote name='DestroVega']is it pretty quick into BAP to unlock stuff for the boosts? I never really played BAP last year at all and unlocked them not too long into my "pro" career.

I love the team and concept. haha should make for some really good times.

See you guys tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've unlocked 2 slots and a bunch of boosts with pretty minimal effort.

How To Unlock Boosts - by Harry W. Chinballs

The quickest way to unlock boosts (other than buying them) is setting up a BAP career with the lowest settings. You can turn off icing, offsides, penalties, and anything else that would slow the game down. Also, go into the gameplay options and dumb down the CPU. Basically, move every "Human" slider all the way to the right and every "CPU" slider all the way to the left (the only exception, I think, is "fatigue effect" where you want it to not affect you, but affect the CPU).

After you've got that ready to go, start your BAP career. There are a few boosts that are player type specific, so start as either a Sniper, Defensive D-Man, or Goalie (depending on which boost you want to unlock). I started in the CHL, but it really did me no good since even though I scored over 100 goals, I was drafted in the middle of the 1st round. If you just start with the Entry Draft, play the last 5-10 minutes of the Memorial Cup games, and score 2-3 goals every game (which you should easily be able to do with the settings dumbed down), you'll probably be the 1st overall pick in the draft. You'll also want to play each of the 4 preseason games too, scoring at least a few goals in each, so you won't get sent down. AHL games unfortunately don't count for unlocking boosts.

How do you sim to the last 5-10 minutes of the game you ask? Oh ho ho, what a good question, lol. Thanks to Gametracker, it's greatly changed from last year where you just waited for the 3rd little "whoosh" sound and pressed A. This year, you press Y to sim the 1st period, then A to acknowledge it. Press Y to sim the 2nd period, then A to acknowledge again.

Then, you press X to restart the sim. Then you press B to change the speed of the sim (unless you want to sit through the entire 20 minutes). I press it 3 times to go at 6x speed, but you may want to start off with 2 until you get the hang of intervening (goals screw up the timing). Then, watch the clock, and as long as you press A to intervene before it goes below 5 minutes, you'll be fine. If you go below 5 minutes, the game won't count toward your progress. Got all that? lol.

tl;dr;dgas - Konami NHL 12 Code = Y, A, Y, A, X, B, B, B, A

You've got to play in at least 40 games per season to unlock most of the boosts. Since the regular season is 82 games, just play every other game and you'll be fine. There's a few boosts that ask you to win the Stanley Cup in your 1st season, so when you get to the playoffs, try simming until you have an elimination game (either for you or your opponent) and then play the last 5-10 minutes of the final game(s). Just make sure you don't get eliminated. If you do, exit to the dashboard before the game autosaves. No sense losing all that work you put in.

If you do this for 2 BAP seasons, you'll have 95% of the equipment slots and boosts unlocked. Or...yeah, you can just buy them, lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^thanks man. wish i had the next three Saturdays to work on those but I'll get to cracking when all my weekend trips out of state are done.

Oh, maybe my mic was muted. I said that I had to get to bed, waited a sec and then turned off the xbox. I didn't hear anyone say anything, but I just figured it was late and everyone was tired.

Oh, if anyone gets any rangers in HUT, let me know. Specifically staal, as he's my favorite player. I have some decent nhl'ers I can trade.

That's what we were wondering. We figured you got a new Mic so it might have been muted or something. All I have is the Rangers goalies and I applied the max consumables so he is a 79 IIRC. We usually say goodbye to each other no matter how tired or how shitty of a gamed we played. Also, 4 more games till Pro 3! Damn, I'm just playing the shit out of this game.

I now remember why my voice communications are set to friends. Played a drop in with a stupid red neck and a Canadian douche. The d and I were good playing our spots. Human goalie lets in 3 goals and quit. It's our fault. They score again and it's the D's fault. Mind you these two idiots had 2 shots on net. Third comes around they score again because they are too busy cherry picking. Still the d's fault. The other D man puts on his Mic and of course the redneck asks a "are you black" Guy says "yeah so?" I the proceed to say that him being black has nothing to do with there fuck ups. Then you know the rest from there. Non stop calling me a N lover and him smoking crack. Mind you again, 5 shoots at the end of the third with the one redneck being drunk and off sides the whole game and of course the Canadian saying how super he is at D but "forgot" to pick it. If I were to play these people IRL I would try to cause concussions. End of rant.

Also, Pro card acquired after all that accured .

^yeah playing people with the drop-ins is mind-numbing. Even though our team might be underpowered and we might have a rough month or so, getting our games played that way is WAY better than trying to do so in drop-in.

I just don't use my headset while playing with random people. Anyhow, I just saw that the club was up last night and I'm now in thanks to Nate. Was too tired to play last night, but I'll be on later today at some point.

[quote name='Ltor']Does anyone have a second gamertag that wants to hold CheapyD All Stars Incase you guy's want it later? Or should I just go ahead and leave the team? For the record the uniforms were real nice.[/QUOTE]

Use your capture card and show us.

[quote name='Ltor']Alright but I should go ahead and leave it now right? I know I got a league cool down I'll have to wait out so I might as well get it over with.[/QUOTE]

Probably.

[quote name='Ltor']Does anyone have a second gamertag that wants to hold CheapyD All Stars Incase you guy's want it later? Or should I just go ahead and leave the team? For the record the uniforms were real nice.[/QUOTE]

It's not like it will cost anything to recreate should the need arise.

[quote name='jza1218']It's not like it will cost anything to recreate should the need arise.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know if it would let us use the name if a disbanded club used to have that name...which is why it should have never been created in the first place. BUT since we decided to move on with a new name anyway, it's not as big of a deal. Still completely stupid. But not as big of a deal. :)

I was only half joking about needing to play a drop-in game to get the one win I needed for my next card, but damn last night was rough. We had horrible goalies all night long and the AI was terrible. As our human numbers dwindled, it got worse and worse. Rob and I played two final games to try to scratch out a win and managed to take a lead in both games, only for the AI to blow it and then lose in overtime. I don't know if it's because players are leveling up now or what, but the flaws are really starting to show with this game (well, at least with the EASHL portion...which they seem to prefer to be broken).

Puck control is ridiculous and checking is almost completely broken. Between hip checks that work when you're past the defender, to hip checks that don't work when you're "too close", to 6'9" 275lb defensive defensemen with checking in the 90s who hit a guy, bounce off and then fall over themselves, you never know what you're going to get. And with poke checks/stick lifts being less effective, it's becoming a danglers paradise.

I don't know if the balance attribute matters more this year or if there's a certain player type that benefits more from the changes to the game (they seemed to make a really big deal about power forwards before the game came out), but right now things definitely feel a bit skewed. The last few games were crazy too because the AI was on an NHL 11 level: not pressuring the puck carrier, missing passes to each other, board playing itself and ignoring the open teammate on the boards ten feet away, and then getting raped for easy goals. It wasn't pretty.

I figured the game will have a rough patch and maybe some kinks are worked out with the tuner set. My only gripe really is the inconsistency of the puck control.

Found three good drop in games with a human goalie where we won all three with shutouts because everybody played like they should and the goalies were awesome. But, I did mention the AI when that guy posted up that question thread. Just confirms it now really.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Found three good drop in games with a human goalie where we won all three with shutouts because everybody played like they should and the goalies were awesome. But, I did mention the AI when that guy posted up that question thread. Just confirms it now really.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, definitely. When you mentioned it, I just couldn't comprehend why EA would program the AI for EASHL differently from the AI in offline modes. It's still mind boggling, but the only explanation I can come up with is that they just want them to suck...or as Rob said, they want you to play 6 on 6. It's just beyond pathetic that that's what people need to be successful online.

It's like people don't understand that scoring should come from reading defenses and forcing them to make a mistake...not because the AI can't pick up a puck 2 inches in front of him. You'll never read that in a review though because 95% of the people who play this game don't play right. It's about as bad as Madden in that respect.

After all our losing last night, I did play one drop in just to see if I could get that damn win. As luck would have it, I joined the "right" side, and my team passed the puck well and worked as a team. I had a goal and an assist, and finally have my Pro 3 card. I need 3 wins for my Veteran 1 card now.

Last night was hands down the most frustrated I have been with this game in a while. Just seemed like we could do nothing right.

In fact, I'm going to propose something based on last night. I think that anytime we endure a three-game losing streak, it's time to take a little break. Go play another mode, screw around with your BaP, whatever. But I think a break can only help, as I know I felt like I might have been pressing a little.

[quote name='jza1218']Last night was hands down the most frustrated I have been with this game in a while. Just seemed like we could do nothing right.

In fact, I'm going to propose something based on last night. I think that anytime we endure a three-game losing streak, it's time to take a little break. Go play another mode, screw around with your BaP, whatever. But I think a break can only help, as I know I felt like I might have been pressing a little.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. You were totally pressing...lol, I kid! I kid! :) No, it just felt like every shot we took was snatched at the goal line or blocked before it got within 10 feet of the net. And every little bump knocked us off the puck. While our hits were brushed off like we were flies. I'd say on nights like that, we could even just play private games against each other to "re-center our chi", haha. Just anything other than taking tough loss after tough loss.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Couldn't agree more. You were totally pressing...lol, I kid! I kid! :) No, it just felt like every shot we took was snatched at the goal line or blocked before it got within 10 feet of the net. And every little bump knocked us off the puck. While our hits were brushed off like we were flies. I'd say on nights like that, we could even just play private games against each other to "re-center our chi", haha. Just anything other than taking tough loss after tough loss.[/QUOTE]

That's an even better idea.

I remember last year, a lot of the early on games were private because we used to get like 8 guys on a night.

I've been finding some good drop-in games as well.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Last game of the night was just amazing. 10-0 us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gary, Brandon, and I unloaded several nights of frustration in one game (though I will say, we did much better overall last night than on Sunday). Brandon and I both scored 4 goals apiece and he set a new all-time CAG team record with 10 points in the game. I can't believe the team didn't quit. We were ahead 3-0 after one. 5-0 after two. And then poured on 5 more goals (3 of which came during a stretch when I was in the box for fighting) in the third. The AI was even getting in on it with cross crease goals. It was hilarious.

bread's done
Back