Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this thread took a surprising turn, lol.

I'm not falling for Season Ticket again. I can already tell Madden Ultimate Team is going to turn to shit, and I expect HUT to do the same. The free packs from my Amazon pre-order are good enough for me. Besides, I'd rather take that money and put it toward Castle of Illusion. I played the demo last night, and it looked really great.

Although, Gary, if you've got the game, hurry up and make our EASHL club before someone steals the name, lol. I think we voted on The Flying Vegans right? And find a logo that looks like broccoli if it's not too much trouble :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on it Captain

Also, if somebody shoots after whistle, you Can drop the gloves but it's not automatic. I fought and then the goalie was fighting same time I was. Was so cool. I don't know what it is but when you get rocked and somebody sticks up for you, it's kinda cool.

Im on it Captain

Also, if somebody shoots after whistle, you Can drop the gloves but it's not automatic. I fought and then the goalie was fighting same time I was. Was so cool. I don't know what it is but when you get rocked and somebody sticks up for you, it's kinda cool.
Wait, there were two fights on the ice at the same time? Really? Why doesn't EA talk about the actual awesome parts of their games? That's way more noteworthy than "There's a STAR under your skater!!!"

And I agree about a teammate stepping in. It's a nice little wrinkle of the sport that actually does add realism. As long as these sequences aren't entirely scripted (ie. scenario X triggers a fight), it should be really cool.

Yup, I got in a fight and the goalies were fighting when half of our fight was done. There was a video of two guys fighting I saw on you tube as well. The cool thing is, you get rocked in drop in and somebody steps up yu sorta say thanks, at least I did. Also, you need to be close to start it maybe from red line to blue line. You can't just sprint down a whole sheet of ice just to fight. Some people on EA forums said they got a 6 on 6. Don't know how that's possible yet when the 360 supports four controllers. Everything is unlocked to play except HUT.

Yup, I got in a fight and the goalies were fighting when half of our fight was done. There was a video of two guys fighting I saw on you tube as well. The cool thing is, you get rocked in drop in and somebody steps up yu sorta say thanks, at least I did. Also, you need to be close to start it maybe from red line to blue line. You can't just sprint down a whole sheet of ice just to fight. Some people on EA forums said they got a 6 on 6. Don't know how that's possible yet when the 360 supports four controllers. Everything is unlocked to play except HUT.
That's crazy. I don't even know what to say when EA doesn't know to advertise the actual improvements in their game. It's like "Wait...this is a good thing...why are we not hearing about this?" lol.

The AI is playing A LOT better, im wondering if this is really an EA game or an undercover 2k game. Oh wait, EA cause of the commentary and presentation. 

game is pretty good from what i have played of early release but think i will not buy it till it's much cheaper too many games coming out this fall that will get too much play time to play any sports games.

The AI is playing A LOT better, im wondering if this is really an EA game or an undercover 2k game. Oh wait, EA cause of the commentary and presentation.
Better in OTP? Now you're really starting to scare me, haha. I don't doubt that the game is solid when people play it the right way. The question always comes when people start to douche it up. I can't imagine AI d-men actually know not to let people stand behind them ready to tap their sticks on the ice. That's just silly talk.

AI is solid in OTP. Im surprised, Even the AI D man. I also like how the goalies now redirect the pucks into the corners now as well.

AI is solid in OTP. Im surprised, Even the AI D man. I also like how the goalies now redirect the pucks into the corners now as well.
Doesn't it always seem that way when the game launches? The AI plays better...then EA does something and ruins it. I did notice the goalies redirecting pucks to the corner in the demo though. That was great...and SHOULD be something they can't fuck up now, lol.

Doesn't it always seem that way when the game launches? The AI plays better...then EA does something and ruins it. I did notice the goalies redirecting pucks to the corner in the demo though. That was great...and SHOULD be something they can't fuck up now, lol.
Are you trying to challenge EA?

Club created. Also, there was three fights on the ice at the same today. Winger started. Two D men started. And the goalies started. It was a site to see really. I'm hoping for more lol.

Club created. Also, there was three fights on the ice at the same today. Winger started. Two D men started. And the goalies started. It was a site to see really. I'm hoping for more lol.
There's fucking donnybrooks in NHL 14, and that is mentioned nowhere in any of EA's trailers... Is this real life??? lol

Also, Gary, I realize you didn't go to design school or anything, but I'm expecting top notch jerseys for The Flying Vegans! ;)

Actually, I can't remember if it was Brandon that mentioned it, but someone brought up using the old Vancouver "V shaped" jerseys. I don't think those would let you use a logo, but the color combinations could be humorous, haha. Just an idea.

I bought the season pass thing for 13 and I'm getting it with the preorder for 14, so how do I get early access to 14?

I bought the season pass thing for 13 and I'm getting it with the preorder for 14, so how do I get early access to 14?
EA Season Ticket? That was available with a pre-order? I thought you could only buy it through XBL. That's where you download the program for it, which is what gives you access to the early-release for all the games (NHL, Fifa, NCAA, Madden).

So what's the plan as far as GM Connected goes? For those who don't know, there is no variable season length in it, I checked last night. Simming out of conference games will be tough, because Nate would have to keep track of those games I would think, since there's not a set period where out of conference games happen.

Here's some video of HUT and packs. Looks like there are three Gold Pack Tiers, 12-card pack with 1 rare for 6250 pucks, a 12-card pack with 3 rares for 8750 and a 24-card pack with 7 rares and 17500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsH0l4BTfc

So what's the plan as far as GM Connected goes? For those who don't know, there is no variable season length in it, I checked last night. Simming out of conference games will be tough, because Nate would have to keep track of those games I would think, since there's not a set period where out of conference games happen.
Well, if their app integration is at all better this year, it wouldn't be terrible to check the current schedule to see what games SHOULD still be played. I doubt there will be any kind of website that is viewable on a PC, but the iOS app was at least something. I feel like playing conference games is pretty much the only chance we have. It cuts the schedule in half, and has the least effect on the playoff seeding. My opinion is it's at least worth "the old college try".

I've been using the app to get rid of some of my 13 HUT cards to increase my puck bonus for 14. Debating whether to go grab 13 used tomorrow; get rid of the really good cards, and then return it Tuesday. Probably won't go through the trouble.

I've been using the app to get rid of some of my 13 HUT cards to increase my puck bonus for 14. Debating whether to go grab 13 used tomorrow; get rid of the really good cards, and then return it Tuesday. Probably won't go through the trouble.
Damn, didn't even think about that. I think I'll have enough cards with the season pass and GameStop pre order. I really just wanted the WC arena really.

The thread for our "Fine..let's try it" league is up, lol. Not sure how much interest we'll generate with the quirky scheduling policy, but at least we know we'll be there. I'll probably just turn this thread into the club thread.

3hu3s.jpg

I dunno I've racked up 7,000 pucks in the last four hours.
Were you just selling in the auction house I'm assuming?

I did a few quick sells of consumables, but I might have to go through and hold a fire sale on all of my players and see if I can boost my 8k pucks I'm currently sitting at.

I am disappointed, I never ended up completing a set in 13, and only needed Datsyuk and Zetty to finish up Detroit. I could have scored a Zetty for 4,000 today when I was looking around, but that would have been pointless now.

Were you just selling in the auction house I'm assuming?

I did a few quick sells of consumables, but I might have to go through and hold a fire sale on all of my players and see if I can boost my 8k pucks I'm currently sitting at.

I am disappointed, I never ended up completing a set in 13, and only needed Datsyuk and Zetty to finish up Detroit. I could have scored a Zetty for 4,000 today when I was looking around, but that would have been pointless now.
Yeah just selling NHL players above 80 and uniforms.

For those who don't know yet, it was learned that playing any of the modes in NHL 14 earns you HUT pucks. This includes Live the Life, EASHL, Play Now, etc. I'm actually really impressed with this and could see it holding my interest in HUT for much longer. Considering the games the CAG EASHL team logs, it'll be nice earning something more substantial than "rank points" for our games.

I'm glad they have it set up so you can earn pucks outside of NHL Moments and HUT.  Never was good at recreating the moments and in 13 it always felt that outside of the promotions I was just playing for contracts.  Does 14 play like the demo?  I remember with 13 I ended up liking the demo more till I got used to the game and then EA started changing things.

I've gone from 2400 pucks to 18000 since last night. Don't know what the bonus is from carryover pucks but that should help.

I think the max for all is 150,000. I thought I read that you get all your pucks transferred, but the rest was dependent on your collection and games played. Those two were what maxed out at the 150,000.

I got my codes for the "Warrior Pack" and the 24 gold HUT packs, but my gams probably won't be here til mid-afternoon.

I was only 5-1 in NHL 13 HUT, haha.

I got my codes for the "Warrior Pack" and the 24 gold HUT packs, but my gams probably won't be here til mid-afternoon.

I was only 5-1 in NHL 13 HUT, haha.
Did you order from Amazon? I haven't gotten an email for their pre-order bonus yet, but I did get one for a $5 credit on Amazon Digital Video Game goods. No idea why I got that.

Rob and Gary, I'm disappointed in you. You didn't tell us that "hardcore simulation" explicitly claims to have "more stick on stick collisions and stick on skate collisions", in addition to the manual passing. It's odd that regular "simulation" mode says it "allows for the most realistic hockey" though.

Stuck at work till 4:30 central time. After that I should be on. My copy should get there today from Amazon. Only codes I have not entered is the one for HUT. Maybe I will play more online this year. Only played in the league for online in 13.

I got my preorder bonus email from amazon yesterday. Game probably won't be here until after I have to leave for work.
Just did a chat with Amazon and the guy told me it can take 2 business days after the order has shipped to receive the code. Even though others have received theirs already, he claims that's normal. I still have no idea why I got a $5 digital gaming credit for the order though. Did anybody else get that?

Got the preorder bonus, but nothing about the $5 credit. Seems I get them randomly from prior purchases every other week though.

If anybody wants to play tonight, my hours are going to limited and/or random. I should be on at 7 PM EST for about 3 hours. Then, after I get my daughter to bed tonight, I'll probably play some more...around 12 AM'ish. But if I play then, I could have to drop at any moment, so it would probably be good if there were more than two, so I'm not risking causing losses. Just thought I'd throw that out there if anyone is wanting to get some games going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back