Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

I hope we see some foam-padded sticks or something similar soon.

1) My neighbors are probably one song away from calling the police.

2) The wood-on-plastic action is too loud for me, even--and it's not the sweetest sound. I would much rather hear the actual drum parts from the song that I'm playing.

[quote name='Dingleberry']360[/QUOTE]

yeah, gonna need more reason than just that =p.

So far the bonus for the ps3 one is the wireless guitar. a decent bonus but I don't care too much. Achievements for 360, don't care much for that either.

Any other bonuses to one or the other?

[quote name='Zoglog']yeah, gonna need more reason than just that =p.

So far the bonus for the ps3 one is the wireless guitar. a decent bonus but I don't care too much. Achievements for 360, don't care much for that either.

Any other bonuses to one or the other?[/QUOTE]
There's gonna be a whole lot more people to play with online for the 360 if that's what you're into.

Picked up my pre-order early this morning at EB/Gamestop.

I love it so far. My brother and I played multiplayer on guitar/mic and it was a blast.

Does anyone know if the 360's drums work on the PS3 and vice versa? I'm planning on getting the 360 version since I know more people on XBL, but if it dies on me, I don't want to pay $170 again just to play on the PS3...

[quote name='thehuskerfan']There's gonna be a whole lot more people to play with online for the 360 if that's what you're into.[/QUOTE]

not really that big a concern either. Online play is a bit gimped because you can't hear the singer's voice.

I guess it all comes down to the wireless guitar then..... looks like I might lean more towards keeping the ps3 version

Yay! First one to pick it up at CompUSA in Austin :D Not that I'm going to do so, but I wonder how much the Craigslisters and ebayers are pushing them for...

Jusy got mine a few hours ago

I was on the drums, my friend did vocals, and my wife was on the guitar. I haven't had that much fun in a mutliplayer game in years. I thought the "mic" part was gonna be lame but it turned out to be alot of fun. The guitar definatly feels diffrent than Guitar Hero's, it's taking some getting used to. I love the drum, especially solos.

Tempted to put mine up for sale before even opening it if it's that broken. I got the Ps3 version so no GH3 guitar for backup..

Having trouble finding Rock Band? Try Sam's Club! I just got done placing an in-store pickup order for one of the local stores, so they apparently aren't selling out at every Sam's Club. I've had no luck anywhere else, and if you are in the same position, see what their website tells you.

I gotta admit this is one of the most fun party games I've played in awhile. Hearing my friend's wife butcher Run to the Hills and having to star power him (he was playing drums) and her out of the red with my other friend...

Man, actual teamwork in a rhythm game.

I got an auto-update about an hour ago when I started the game. Anyone know what it was?

Kind of odd how some places are bone-dry and others are oversaturated. Where I was there were still half a dozen of the 360 bundles left at Best Buy an hour before closing (SE Michigan area).

Anyone having problems with the drums? I may just not be hitting hard enough (and I haven't used the drums very much yet so I'm not going to start crying out that it's BORKEN PLESE FIX until I have more time with them) but it seems like occasionally I'll get an obvious hit and it won't register. I don't exactly have a comfortable setup yet so I'll need to work on that as well.

God bless the Metallica pack.

[quote name='Zoglog']Watch out guys, pretty widespread reports that the strum bar (downwards strum) breaks really easily. This is confirmed by all the demos and store units i've seen. The Strum down is almost always broken. I can't believe they didn't fix this despite the obvious problems in the demo units

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=8461

Affects both ps3 and xb360 ones.[/QUOTE]

Broken 360 strum down for me. Really pissed about it, things shouldn't break after 7 fucking hours of use.

Anyway, me and a bunch of friends played for like 9 hours, with only a break in the middle for some food. It was fucking *epic*.

[quote name='Logain8955']Broken 360 strum down for me. Really pissed about it, things shouldn't break after 7 fucking hours of use.

Anyway, me and a bunch of friends played for like 9 hours, with only a break in the middle for some food. It was fucking *epic*.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you can live in the comfort that this will eventually happen to a large portion of rock band users. It's a design defect. Sure you'll have people saying "oh you're full of crap" in the beginning just like with the 360's failing lols....

[quote name='Logain8955']Broken 360 strum down for me. Really pissed about it, things shouldn't break after 7 fucking hours of use.[/QUOTE]

My friend's PS3 Rock Band guitar went dead tonight too. I came over to hang out/play Rock Band with a couple of our friends and he told me it wouldn't register down strumming anymore. The random times it would register the down strum it would be completely off or give off double/triple strums.

Good thing is that he's already registered all his information and Harmonix should be sending him a new guitar in 3-5 days. Hopefully it won't be jacked like the one he got.

So this game is pretty incredible. The down side is that FYE charged me 200 (it seems like they are the only place NOT charging 170) but the upside is I had 250.00 in credit there.

Why did the previews say expert on this was a breeze?

[quote name='seanr1221']
Why did the previews say expert on this was a breeze?[/quote]

Maybe because compared to GH3, it is?

Have you tried the last set of songs?

[quote name='asianxcore']My friend's PS3 Rock Band guitar went dead tonight too. I came over to hang out/play Rock Band with a couple of our friends and he told me it wouldn't register down strumming anymore. The random times it would register the down strum it would be completely off or give off double/triple strums.

Good thing is that he's already registered all his information and Harmonix should be sending him a new guitar in 3-5 days. Hopefully it won't be jacked like the one he got.[/QUOTE]

unless they made some physical design changes to the strum, I doubt the problem will be fixed. I sure HOPE that Harmonix has found a solid fix in the replacement guitars rather than sending other ones. Otherwise it'll be the 360 all over again, except things break in a few days/weeks rather than a few months.

I've had mine preordered from Amazon since the first batch of preorders, and they STILL haven't shipped mine. Scheduled to ship Nov. 27. fucking bullshit.

wow, world tour mode is annoying. You have to replay the same songs over and over even if you hate them............

Is there an easier way to unlock the songs?

[quote name='Zoglog']wow, world tour mode is annoying. You have to replay the same songs over and over even if you hate them............

Is there an easier way to unlock the songs?[/QUOTE]

Single player (Solo Tour)

I have to agree with World Tour (Multiplayer) being annoying. Gaining new fans and winning new buses/jets was cool but playing "Creep", "Maps" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" 20 billion times in a span of two hours got annoying.

I'm almost afraid to go to any "official" Rock Band forums, but I imagine they're lit up with people complaining about faulty instruments. My guitar has held up so far but I'm pretty sure now that my drums are occasionally missing hits.

well been playing for a few hours and guitar still works for now. I decided to open my ps3 one and I guess i'm going to return the 360 one or sell it or whatever.

The Wireless guitar actually works very well and doesn't lose signal like my ps3 controller does (one of my biggest concerns). The Strum (as everyone has said) is definetly not as good as the guitar hero controller ones. It feels rubbery rather than like a switch, but after awhile it's not so bad. The buttons are definitely superior.

Online play on the ps3 was a breeze too surprisingly. only thing is that nothing pops up in game when you get a game invite. hopefully they'll fix that

I really wish they had a regular co-op tour mode rather than only world mode.

Totally happy I chose the ps3 version to open this time around. Wireless guitar is actually kind of neat, god knows Rock band needs less wires with all the peripherals.

The biggest dissapointment is the drums. I really wish they had covered the rims of the drums with rubber and found a way to reduce the noise. It really takes away some of the enjoyment. Even with my volume cranked all the way up the drums were loud as all hell. Also the kick pedal feels a bit cheap. So for now Drummania is still the king of drum rhythm games (at least the arcade version). The Home version is only good if you get the DTX yamaha drumkit.

But bottom line at $170, this damn thing is a bargain.I just wish they left it at $199 price point and sunk that money in to make the periphials better.

[quote name='KaneRobot']My guitar has held up so far but I'm pretty sure now that my drums are occasionally missing hits.[/QUOTE]

ditto here. when i was playing earlier, it seemed like the green tom wasn't registering all the time. i don't believe it's my timing because i can beat guitar hero on expert. i jumped into practice mode and tried whacking the green tom in different spots with different pressures, it seemed to be working fine... maybe it's a software thing?

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']ditto here. when i was playing earlier, it seemed like the green tom wasn't registering all the time. i don't believe it's my timing because i can beat guitar hero on expert. i jumped into practice mode and tried whacking the green tom in different spots with different pressures, it seemed to be working fine... maybe it's a software thing?[/QUOTE]

Try running the calibration.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']ditto here. when i was playing earlier, it seemed like the green tom wasn't registering all the time. i don't believe it's my timing because i can beat guitar hero on expert. i jumped into practice mode and tried whacking the green tom in different spots with different pressures, it seemed to be working fine... maybe it's a software thing?[/QUOTE]

the timing on rock band is more strict than guitar hero. It's just something you're going to have to get used to. Guitar Hero is a pretty easy game in terms of timing, but the notes are more complicated than rock band overall making it a harder game. Which is fine since the Rock band guitar strum is not very suited for crazy strumming. The best thing to do is to train in guitar freaks, that game has some nasty timing. I can beat Expert songs in guitar hero as well, but I can't beat beyond lvl 30 songs. And the lvls go all the way up to 90+

Finally got some time with the Metallica pack. I'm quite serious when I say one of the best aspects of it is finally hearing versions of Justice and Blackened with audible bass.

Put in a request for replacement drums, they should be on the way.

Where did you guys put in a request for replacments ?

I just found the site listed on the Pink sheet that came in my box. Then I went to that site and all I got was a phone #.

I got mine from amazon yesterday, the damn box made my parents think I had gotten a refigerator. Thankfully so far none of my interments are broken, but I'm missing parts.

I don't have the top of my guitar, or strap.

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/31/dsc04206.jpg

That pic shows pretty much what I'm missing.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Try running the calibration.[/QUOTE]

after playing today, turns out my green tom is faulty. it works about 85% of the time. [ ordered a replacement ]

Kingdox - the head of the guitar is suppose to be in a box that's in the same box as the guitar was in... i think.

i beat the guitar solo tour on expert, the last song is ridiculously hard considering the rest of the set list. i actually had to use the higher notes for lots of hammering.

---

edit - crap... my guitar is starting to double strum... gonna test it out more to see how bad it is.

So maybe I'm just being stupid, but I thought there was an attachment that is placed on back of the drum kit that holds your drum sticks. It seems like there are grooves for it, but I never seemed to find anything to put there. Has anyone else had this problem? Where do you store your sticks?

[quote name='gamb1t']So maybe I'm just being stupid, but I thought there was an attachment that is placed on back of the drum kit that holds your drum sticks. It seems like there are grooves for it, but I never seemed to find anything to put there. Has anyone else had this problem? Where do you store your sticks?[/quote]

there's two nubs connected to the middle two pads...they pull out and you can rest the stick in them.

Picture for reference:

2052357946_b959ba42ea.jpg

rock band is awesome. i have been playing with my 2 brothers since the midnight launch on mon night and i dont think we have ever had so much fun together. the usb hub stopped working about 1 hr in, but we all have GHIII so we were just using guitar hero guitars, with the drums and mic plugged into the 360 itself.

today we had extended family over for turkey dinner. they were having a blast playing, singing, and watching. after dinner, we went downstairs to play some more. halfway through the first song, the drums "disconnect". BROKEN. super bummer.

i love the game. we even had our band in the top 100 on the leaderboards. but 2 out of 4 peripherals broken in 3 days? looks like ill be buying the extended warranty from best buy :(

BUYER BEWARE

bread's done
Back