Official San Diego Area CAG List

Anyone have any idea where to get a Wii in san diego besides craigslist? I heard costco got in a bunch of bundles last week but sold out of them relatively quickly...

[quote name='splattered']Anyone have any idea where to get a Wii in san diego besides craigslist? I heard costco got in a bunch of bundles last week but sold out of them relatively quickly...[/QUOTE]
x2. frys mark-up is ridiculous.

[quote name='splattered']Anyone have any idea where to get a Wii in san diego besides craigslist? I heard costco got in a bunch of bundles last week but sold out of them relatively quickly...[/quote]Best Buy and Circuit City should have Wii shipments this Sunday (4/22) according to Speedy's thread. Just get there early, or camp out if you really want one.

[quote name='chaarlieee'][SIZE=-1]Anyone try the new Wendy's Steakhouse Double Melt? Is it good/worth it?
[/SIZE][/quote]

Are there any coupons or deals for it? I remember getting 2 Carl's Jr. Philly cheesesteak burgers for 3 bucks for me and my dad. It was good but I thought I was going to have a stroke because there was so much meat.

If anyone tries it, I'd like to know too.

So I went to the "World's Largest Commissary" earlier today. I went around 2:20ish and it was mad packed. At least it was pretty busy for a Monday afternoon, but I guess it's expected since it's only been a couple days since it opened.

It's like they gutted a Costco and stuck a Commissary inside. All shelf tags (even those in the freezer sections), except the fresh produce, have been replaced with LCD tags, so that was a nice touch. I know that they've been used in other places, but this is the first time I saw them in SD. Let me know if there are any other places in SD that use them.

Two entrances: one for main shoppers and another on the other side for "grab-n-go" shopping. There's a cooking lession station in Produce. The layout of the store itself is pretty familiar. It's laid out just like the old one but backwards, if you get what I mean. Instead of starting out on the right side of the store and making your way left (if you're facing it), you enter on the left and make your way to the right.

[quote name='3kingdoms']Who's been to EL Cotixan on Genesee Ave and Balboa?[/quote] I have. Been a few years though. It's a good place. Busy late at night.

[quote name='3kingdoms']That's one of the few places i miss from being away from SD. What part of SD are you from?[/QUOTE]
Mira Mesa. I know spots all over SD. I just don't go all around the city like I used to.

[quote name='3kingdoms']Who's been to EL Cotixan on Genesee Ave and Balboa?[/QUOTE]

Was there last week, had some Cotixan fries :) Very good food, my gf loves their lunch burrito.

[quote name='3kingdoms']Who's been to EL Cotixan on Genesee Ave and Balboa?[/quote]

Like Charliee, I've been to Cotixan, but not for a few years. I used to live in C-mont, but now I'm in La Mesa. My local favorite is Rosendo's on El Cajon Boulevard. It's pretty solid, but I still miss my Roberto's California Burrito on Clairemont Drive...

Also, Sombrero is always a good bet.

Hey guys, long time no see. Haha, still talking about food I see.

I have a story to tell about Cotixan's (specifically the one on Terra Nova). For those with weak stomachs, please do not read.

Well... I ordered a Coxington's Lunch Burrito (basically a breakfast burrito with meat)... to go. I was starving and immediately took out the burrito. I took a couple bites, then on the third or fourth there was a distinct crunch. And it so happened to be a bit of an egg shell. I thought, hmm prolly just 1, no matter. Then I took another bite and so happens to be the same thing. After closer inspection I found several large pieces of egg shells, about the size of my fingernail wedged inside along with the egg. And to top it off, there was two eyelashes embedded in the cheese. I was thinking "fuck this" and promptly threw it in the trash and rinsed my mouth with water. Either someone was new, or someone was playing a joke. Either way, I will never eat at Coxington's again. (couple weeks later ordered again... thankfully no eggshells or eyelashes).

Haven't been here for a while, and unfortunately haven't gotten much play time out of my DS. I also tried out the Puzzle Quest demo. After several hours I managed to pry myself away from it's tempting gameplay. Hopefully, or rather not, places around here would restock on that game. I was thinking either that or Pokemon (I do love 'em Pocket Monsters).

I also thought I'd have a Wii by now, and by looking at previous posts, they seems very scarce as well. But so far none of the games spark my interest. I'm just going to wait until there's a good game, and I mean a really "good" game for the wii.

end rant.

i'm on the fence as to whether or not i should sell my Wii. i haven't touched it in 2-3 months (SPM be damned!), and i could pretty much recoup the entire amount i spent. this thing needs some games... like now.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm on the fence as to whether or not i should sell my Wii. i haven't touched it in 2-3 months (SPM be damned!), and i could pretty much recoup the entire amount i spent. this thing needs some games... like now.[/quote] You're right about it needing games.. that's why I didn't buy one. I thought about it, and the Wii sports games seem kind of lame after a while, and the only game I would buy is Zelda.

I thought of what kind of games that would be made in the future for the Wii, and really think there won't be anything worth it for me.

And I'm buying a Steakhouse Double Melt for dinner tonight. I love swiss and mushroom burgers. Take a look at this shit..

http://wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=1&product=284

Not too unhealthy for a double patty burger, either. Only 700 calories.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm on the fence as to whether or not i should sell my Wii. i haven't touched it in 2-3 months (SPM be damned!), and i could pretty much recoup the entire amount i spent. this thing needs some games... like now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't get one in the first place. Even my college friends kept asking if I was getting one. And here we are months later still with no Wii in sight. They got over it pretty fast I'd say. Although I admit to having fun back during the Holday season at my friend's house playing the Wii, I think I would've had more fun playing "real" boxing and getting beat up badly instead of the unresponsive Wii boxing. If I were you and could get my money back, I would do so. But that's just me. My DS gives more than enough good company. However I still own a ps2 and haven't even touched the next generation yet, but I feel content so far.

Hey, nice to see some San Diegans here.

I'm living in RB, but I'm not 84 years old, I swear.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone is having any luck locating Guitar Hero 2 for the 360. Fry's, Best Buys, Circuit City, all sold out. The nearest Gamestop was Santee! Anyone know of a place in North County that has it in stock?

ok, and I have to ask: chaarlieee, who is that in your avatar pic?

[quote name='allyourblood']I haven't touched it in 2-3 months[/quote]Same here. It's a good party system though, but that's about it. I don't even remember the last time I turned it on. I'll have to give it about a year until I start making assumptions that it'll turn out like the Gamecube.

I just bought Paper Mario yesterday. It's not bad. It's not your average Mario game and it definitely isn't particularly hard so far. However, it seems pretty solid and is enjoyable to just sit down and play. In fact, my wife has taken over the Wii tonight because she thought it looked cool.

I'm defnitely glad I have a Wii, but I've now had it for several months and have really only played Zelda, rented a couple of o.k. games, and just bought Mario (oh yeah, I have Trauma Center for the wife, but that doesn't count). Then again, the same goes for the PS3. I only have Resistance. I've actually spent way more time playing God of War 2 on it than any PS3 game.

By the way, the eye lash and egg burrito story was pretty nasty.

Any of you guys ever eat at Elsa's Kitchen (formerly Petro's) on El Cajon Boulevard? Their gyros are amazing.

[quote name='3kingdoms']Who's been to EL Cotixan on Genesee Ave and Balboa?[/QUOTE]
I always go there, if you read a couple of pages back, I mention how I absolutely adore their carne asada fries.

BTW, I'm in the Linda Vista area, so go me :lol:

[quote name='mkm1998']Hey, nice to see some San Diegans here.

I'm living in RB, but I'm not 84 years old, I swear.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone is having any luck locating Guitar Hero 2 for the 360. Fry's, Best Buys, Circuit City, all sold out. The nearest Gamestop was Santee! Anyone know of a place in North County that has it in stock?

ok, and I have to ask: chaarlieee, who is that in your avatar pic?[/QUOTE]
I got mine at the Costco in Mission Valley, but feel free to check out the Costco in Carmel Mtn. Most likely they do have them and it should be $79.99. Hope this helped :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I always go there, if you read a couple of pages back, I mention how I absolutely adore their carne asada fries.

BTW, I'm in the Linda Vista area, so go me :lol:

I got mine at the Costco in Mission Valley, but feel free to check out the Costco in Carmel Mtn. Most likely they do have them and it should be $79.99. Hope this helped :)[/QUOTE]
I heard that the Linda Vista McDonalds has dollar nuggets back on Tuesdays.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I heard that the Linda Vista McDonalds has dollar nuggets back on Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]
Yessir, but I rarely go there anymore.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I heard that the Linda Vista McDonalds has dollar nuggets back on Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]
good stuff. i miss the .39 cheeseburgers.
on a mcdonalds note, i finally saw super size me last night. wow is all i can say.

[quote name='paz9x']good stuff. i miss the .39 cheeseburgers.
on a mcdonalds note, i finally saw super size me last night. wow is all i can say.[/quote] Nah, Super Size Me is bullshit. The guy eats like 5000 calories a day at McDonalds, he was obviously going to gain weight. They proved why fat, lazy Americans are fat, but not everybody in the country is fat and lazy.

Manage your calories and/or work out and you can eat whatever you want. That's how I am.

I think there was another documentary that came out that countered Super Size Me where a lady ate McDonalds everyday and lost weight.

By the way, is anybody interested in buying a HiDef 30" Widescreen CRT? $400 picked up, negotiable. Have to let me know soon if interested.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm on the fence as to whether or not i should sell my Wii. i haven't touched it in 2-3 months (SPM be damned!), and i could pretty much recoup the entire amount i spent. this thing needs some games... like now.[/QUOTE]

I've actually been playing mine quite regularly. During times when there isn't something new coming out that I want, I'll pick up a VC game. I think I actually own more VC games than I do Wii games but a lot of that has to do with the fact that they don't cost as much. Its been great being able to play games like Link to the Past and Punch-Out!! again.

What's the best place in town for electronics? Specifically an iPod... I know Costco is good because of an ultraliberal return policy... the Apple store offers .mil discounts... and no tax at the exchange... any other options? Or is online ordering the way to go here?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']What's the best place in town for electronics? Specifically an iPod... I know Costco is good because of an ultraliberal return policy... the Apple store offers .mil discounts... and no tax at the exchange... any other options? Or is online ordering the way to go here?[/QUOTE]
Hate to burst your bubble but Costco's return policy have changed on certain electronics such as iPods, TV's, LCD monitors, etc. (but not games). They now only have a 90 day return policy, so once it's past 90 days you have to keep it. But they are good because they basically help knock off the tax plus you can return it anytime within those 90 days.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Nah, Super Size Me is bullshit. The guy eats like 5000 calories a day at McDonalds, he was obviously going to gain weight. They proved why fat, lazy Americans are fat, but not everybody in the country is fat and lazy.

Manage your calories and/or work out and you can eat whatever you want. That's how I am.

I think there was another documentary that came out that countered Super Size Me where a lady ate McDonalds everyday and lost weight.
[/quote]

What bothered me was that the guy was proving what everyone knows. It's pointless. What he should have done was eat a whole bunch of carbohydrates for a whole month and showed what happened afterwards.

[quote name='halu102']Well, I submitted to my pathetic pokemon lover inside me and got pokemans yesterday. btw, anyone else got this game? Don't be shy :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got my copy of Pearl in the mail yesterday. Only played for a couple hours so I'm not too far along yet.

[quote name='DQT']What bothered me was that the guy was proving what everyone knows. It's pointless. What he should have done was eat a whole bunch of carbohydrates for a whole month and showed what happened afterwards.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can pretty much eat anything myself. What keeps me from growing into the marshmallow man is just moderation. And this varies with everyone. Some people are blessed with high metabolism throughout most of their life, some are not. Yummy, thunder thighs. Anyways, I also think that some of those advertised diets were bogus. Especially the Atkin's one. The less carbohydrates you take in, the less water you retain. It's just water lost from your muscle mass. The best "diet" I think is the plain old simple excercise and watching what you eat, according to your body's specifications.

There was a lot of talk yesterday that The Burner is going to be traded for at least a first rounder this year. Looks like we'll see in a few hours...

[quote name='chaarlieee']There was a lot of talk yesterday that The Burner is going to be traded for at least a first rounder this year. Looks like we'll see in a few hours...[/QUOTE]
What were you doing up at 4 in the morning?!

He's not eating 5000 calories a day on purpose, that's just what's in the food he's getting. He's getting the shit that tastes good that we all get from there. I don't think his point was to show how much weight he gained that was just a small portion of his health problems. The fact that his liver was fucked and he doubled his chances of heart disease was fucking astonishing. Sure he gained weight but we all knew he would. Like I said, that wasn't even half of his point.

I thought the movie was awesome. He didn't just eat McDonals for 30 days he interviewed doctors and normal fast food eaters for some facts and opinions.

Whether you get fat from fast food or not depends on your metabolism and exercise. Even if you stay skinny, you're still putting pure shit (good tasting shit) down your throat. But that kind of goes for any food that's quick and easy.

With that being said... I'm thinking about eating Carls Jr. today.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']He's not eating 5000 calories a day on purpose, that's just what's in the food he's getting. He's getting the shit that tastes good that we all get from there. I don't think his point was to show how much weight he gained that was just a small portion of his health problems. The fact that his liver was fucked and he doubled his chances of heart disease was fucking astonishing. Sure he gained weight but we all knew he would. Like I said, that wasn't even half of his point.

I thought the movie was awesome. He didn't just eat McDonals for 30 days he interviewed doctors and normal fast food eaters for some facts and opinions.

Whether you get fat from fast food or not depends on your metabolism and exercise. Even if you stay skinny, you're still putting pure shit (good tasting shit) down your throat. But that kind of goes for any food that's quick and easy.

With that being said... I'm thinking about eating Carls Jr. today.[/QUOTE]
lol, he wasn't eating 5000 calories on purpose? Yes he was. He was trying to prove a point.

[quote name='allyourblood']i had the Chicken Katsu plate from Da Kine's today. man, i love that stuff.[/quote] I don't like it there. The food is good, but portions are too small for the price compared to L&L and Da Kitchen.

And if you haven't gone to Da Kitchen, go there instead if you're looking for a "Da Kines" type restaurant.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Ugh...I think we should've took Dwayne Jarrett with our 1st round pick instead of Craig Davis!![/QUOTE]
well lets see, hes taken lt, drew brees, kaeding, and merriman, he knows things we dont know =)
but yea, id have preferred dwayne jarret, we oculd use a player like him.
im betting we get a diamond or 2 in the later rounds.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I don't like it there. The food is good, but portions are too small for the price compared to L&L and Da Kitchen.

And if you haven't gone to Da Kitchen, go there instead if you're looking for a "Da Kines" type restaurant.[/quote]

their cuts of meat always seem fattier (is that a word?). Da Kine's tends to use really nice, white chicken.

to be honest, i only ever order like 3 different things from Da Kine's, so i don't know how their portions are overall, but the "regular" order of the Chicken Katsu is two huge chicken filets (or whatever you call them), 2 portions of rice, and macaroni salad. i always end up having to finish it in two sittings.

[quote name='paz9x']well lets see, hes taken lt, drew brees, kaeding, and merriman, he knows things we dont know =)
im betting we get a diamond or 2 in the later rounds.[/QUOTE]
Kaeding :lol:

[quote name='paz9x']well lets see, hes taken lt, drew brees, kaeding, and merriman, he knows things we dont know =)
im betting we get a diamond or 2 in the later rounds.[/quote] Someone AJ drafted is a diamond. I REALLY like Eric Weddle. I was hoping Robert Meachem would drop to 30, but from what I've been reading, Buster Davis is going to be one of those gems that AJ finds. He didn't put up big stats, but supposedly Peyton Manning knows him and the Colts really wanted him.

[quote name='allyourblood']their cuts of meat always seem fattier (is that a word?). Da Kine's tends to use really nice, white chicken.

to be honest, i only ever order like 3 different things from Da Kine's, so i don't know how their portions are overall, but the "regular" order of the Chicken Katsu is two huge chicken filets (or whatever you call them), 2 portions of rice, and macaroni salad. i always end up having to finish it in two sittings.[/QUOTE]

I love L&L's chicken katsu, but it does seem a little on the fatty side. Where is Da Kines? I've never heard of it. (I'm in La Mesa).

[quote name='chaarlieee']lol, he wasn't eating 5000 calories on purpose? Yes he was. He was trying to prove a point.[/quote]

You can easily do over 1200+ calories on one combo meal, I mean, depending on the meal. Think about it, one McMuffin combo, a quarter pounder combo, and maybe a big n tasy or some shit for dinner. That's not on purpose. He's eating what people always eat. No one goes to McDonalds for a salad and a glass of water.

bread's done
Back