Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='mkiker2089']Be sure to check in the cases also, don't forget that. These clearance events sometimes hit by surprise. Madworld and a few others were still in the case where I work and still marked full price. Madworld isn't really a good game but for 5 bucks, what the heck. Anyone know the gamestop trade in value on it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I need to just start printing barcodes and scanning them every month. The clearance games at my store just disappeared.

[quote name='blair2100']Hey guys just got back from my local Sears, here's some game I didn't see mentioned:

PS3
Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 29.97
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 29.97
Brutal Legend - 29.97
Wolfenstein - 29.97
Guitar Hero Metallica - 29.97

Wii
Dead Space Extraction - 19.97
Wario Land Shake It - 29.97
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 29.97

There were some more but I of coarse I forgot on the way home,[/QUOTE]

Future months of clearance drops are looking good, especially if these go down to the $4.97 - $9.97 range.

Some UPC's scanned for full price so it is still very YMMV:
NCAA 09 Football Wii, $29.99
NCAA 09 Football PSP, $29.99
Prince of Persia 360, $29.99

I also scanned a UPC for the Singstar 90s bundle since it is so old but that too is scanning for $49.99

Singstar 90's never went on clearance, which my guess is due to sears corporate thinking that "Singstar 80's" was 10 years older than "Singstar 90's" so it wont need to go on clearance til "Singstar 2k" comes out.

[quote name='Bezerker']Singstar 90's never went on clearance, which my guess is due to sears corporate thinking that "Singstar 80's" was 10 years older than "Singstar 90's" so it wont need to go on clearance til "Singstar 2k" comes out.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah that sounds like Sears logic. I've seen that Singstar 90s at every Sears I've been to since I started hunting for clearances. Anyway I found a Lips 360 bundle that I hadn't previously seen, but it scanned as $50. One new drop to report :

Xbox 360 Nascar 09 was $4.97. (And presumably the PS3 version too as that was also in the clearance bin)

I grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY for $29.97 and 007 Quantum of Solace for $4.97. (both PS3) There were a lot of Fallout 3s but only one copy of the GOTY version.

Mortal Kombat vs DC still rang up at $19.99 here so I'm waiting for a drop on that...

[quote name='shieryda']Can anyone else confirm Prince of Persia for $4.97? Can't find one near me.[/QUOTE]

It was $29.99 at my store, I'm guessing that guy was very lucky with a very YMMV drop since I haven't heard any mention of it on clearnce this or previous months till his post @ $5, or he's just full of it :D

[quote name='tomwaits1']I grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY for $29.97 and 007 Quantum of Solace for $4.97. (both PS3) There were a lot of Fallout 3s but only one copy of the GOTY version.

Mortal Kombat vs DC still rang up at $19.99 here so I'm waiting for a drop on that...[/QUOTE]

$19.99? Hmm...I need to do some venturing out this week.

[quote name='FOnewearl']It was $29.99 at my store, I'm guessing that guy was very lucky with a very YMMV drop since I haven't heard any mention of it on clearnce this or previous months till his post @ $5, or he's just full of it :D[/QUOTE]

Understand your doubt! Here's the best proof I got! ;)

img001hy.jpg

LMAO I was looking at the Xbox 360 2 game packs for $29.99, and one of them was 2 copies of The Golden Compass shrinkwrapped together. In for 10!

Picked up the last :wii: Metroid Collection $29.xx and :ps3: Silent Hill Homecoming $14.xx at my Sears.

Noticed that :ps3: Wet and :ps3: Lego Rock Band were on clearance for $29.xx in addition to what has already been noted.

Picked up the last Metroid Prime Trilogy for $29.xx as well as a giant Pikachu (pillow size) toy for $19.99.

I also saw Madworld for $5.

[quote name='jester55']Understand your doubt! Here's the best proof I got! ;)[/QUOTE]

I did mention first that you were lucky as in that was my first guess on what was going on ;)

This is probably like certain games that barely anyone is finding on clearance like Castlevania OoE. Also I hate you for finding Prince of Persia so cheap :D I've been hoping for it to go on clearance somewhere for $10 on the PS3 but I would have easily went with the 360 version for 5 smackers.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I did mention first that you were lucky as in that was my first guess on what was going on ;)

This is probably like certain games that barely anyone is finding on clearance like Castlevania OoE. Also I hate you for finding Prince of Persia so cheap :D I've been hoping for it to go on clearance somewhere for $10 on the PS3 but I would have easily went with the 360 version for 5 smackers.[/QUOTE]

I scanned a barcode for PoP :ps3: at my store and it said $9.97. I couldn't find one to buy though.

Also, NHL 09 :360: was $1.97 and NHL 09 :ps3: was $4.97.

Edit: Here is a tip for anyone buying NBA 09: The Inside :ps3: to get the trophies. They shut the servers down so it is impossible to platinum it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FOnewearl']I did mention first that you were lucky as in that was my first guess on what was going on ;)

This is probably like certain games that barely anyone is finding on clearance like Castlevania OoE. Also I hate you for finding Prince of Persia so cheap :D I've been hoping for it to go on clearance somewhere for $10 on the PS3 but I would have easily went with the 360 version for 5 smackers.[/QUOTE]

I know you have been looking for this. They do have one left at my sears. If you want pm me and maybe we can work something out! :)

I went in today looking for Fallout GOTY for $30. Tons of other games (Dirt 2, Wet, Lego Rock Band, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, all PS3, and a ton for other systems) for $30, but no Fallout.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a copy of POP from the Hollywood Video $5 sale a while back. It was a tolerable game, at best.

I ended up trading it when I got the slim PS3 in August or September during the one bonus promo.

They had all the fairly recent games you have all been mentioning for $29.97. Only some marked as such, but I picked up Fallout GOTY which was not marked. The cashier was like, oh wow this is on clearance. I just smiled and said yup. Saw a copy of Madworld and a few Metroid Trilogy's, neither marked, but since Fallout rang up the right price, I'm sure those would too.

[quote name='shoe478']I scanned a barcode for PoP :ps3: at my store and it said $9.97. I couldn't find one to buy though.[/QUOTE]

I also checked the price of the PS3 PoP just for the hell of it and it was $29.99 at my store so I'm guessing the PS3 version is another highly YMMV clearance game at Sears.

My store mostly had 1-3 copies of the good stuff that was $30. I forgot to mention the only decent thing I remember seeing that wasen't mentioned yet Viva Pinata (PH IIRC) for $15 which I passed on but will pick up if it lasts another drop or two.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had a copy of POP from the Hollywood Video $5 sale a while back. It was a tolerable game, at best.[/QUOTE]

That's actaully good to hear since I haven't seen it cheap enough for me to buy and makes me think it's no big deal if I don't see it for $10 or less :D

Saw tonight:

Wet, Bakugan something-or-other, H.A.W.X., Dirt 2 (all 360, all $29.97 w/ Feb. stickers).

Wet, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dirt 2 and a couple others (PS3, $29.97 each).

Dead Space and a couple others (Wii, $29.97).

It seems that my store was holding out until yesterday or today, because none of these could be found on Sunday.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Saw tonight:

Wet, Bakugan something-or-other, H.A.W.X., Dirt 2 (all 360, all $29.97 w/ Feb. stickers).

Wet, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dirt 2 and a couple others (PS3, $29.97 each).

Dead Space and a couple others (Wii, $29.97).

It seems that my store was holding out until yesterday or today, because none of these could be found on Sunday.:D[/QUOTE]

Ugh! I want Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 so badly. My Sears had 0 games on clearance.

Found a couple I have not seen mentioned
LEGO Batman PS3 - 4.97
DDR Hottest Party 2 Wii - 14.97

I also found a Metroid Prime Trilogy for 29.97, which I picked up.

Checked another Sears and found

Spiderman Friend or Foe DS - 4.97
Web of Shadows WII - 4.97

A nice bonus was Endless Ocean sealed for 29.

So is Metroid Prime pretty universal at $30? Cause my Sears never clearances games. I'll have to pick up Metroid as I doubt I'll see it at that price new any time soon. Hell most eBay new BINS are still at $50.

Wow. Just checked ebay and can't believe Metroid Trilogy is selling for $50-$70 on average. I know it's out of print but is it really already that rare? I have a copy, but think I'll go back to the Sears I was at yesterday and pick up the 3 remaining copies. One to keep sealed, and will sell the other 2.

Just got back from sears.

Jeanne D'Arc $7.97
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia $3.97

Jeanne D'Arc price is meh, but Castlevania is a steal at that price.

hey guys.. i know some of you are asking why hasnt the op is updated. i usually update the op 2 to 3 weeks after the drops are reported. it gives everyone (cags) enough time to browse through the clearance without having to worry that there wont be any left. ive done it like this for the past 2 years and it works just fine. having the op updated right when the drop happens makes it too easy thus not having any left about a week later.

[quote name='phear3d']hey guys.. i know some of you are asking why hasnt the op is updated. i usually update the op 2 to 3 weeks after the drops are reported. it gives everyone (cags) enough time to browse through the clearance without having to worry that there wont be any left. ive done it like this for the past 2 years and it works just fine. having the op updated right when the drop happens makes it too easy thus not having any left about a week later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again!:bouncy:

[quote name='phear3d']hey guys.. i know some of you are asking why hasnt the op is updated. i usually update the op 2 to 3 weeks after the drops are reported. it gives everyone (cags) enough time to browse through the clearance without having to worry that there wont be any left. ive done it like this for the past 2 years and it works just fine. having the op updated right when the drop happens makes it too easy thus not having any left about a week later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for not updating the OP until after those of us who pay attention to these clearance threads have had a chance to clean ou......errrrrr.....get any deals we wanted from the stores.

Plus, it gives the assholes/real hoarders on SD/FW more of a challenge, since they can't just cut/paste the first post if it's old info.:D

Then again, I haven't bought a damn thing from Sears in a while since they never had much to begin with.

Thanks again!

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I have a non-game related clearance item that I'm going to post on Thursday after I pick up the one at my local store (since I know there is a lurker in this thread in my area), it costs $200 bucks for what it's worth.

Damn all this snow! I haven't been able to get even near my local Sears since last Friday! Dying to see if anything that's been mentioned in the posts are even available....

[quote name='ackbar7']Found a couple I have not seen mentioned
LEGO Batman PS3 - 4.97
DDR Hottest Party 2 Wii - 14.97

I also found a Metroid Prime Trilogy for 29.97, which I picked up.[/QUOTE]

can anyone else confirm this price on lego batman?

Oh, man! I never check this thread, but I'm really glad I took a glance now.

Spider-man: WoS (360), Silent Hill: Homecoming (360), Pikmin (Wii), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii), and DDR Bundle (PS2) ALL interest me. I'll be swinging by my location ASAP after classes today. :D Thanks a bunch, everyone!

[quote name='josh62488']can anyone else confirm this price on lego batman?[/QUOTE]

Scanned at 19.99 xbox360 version here in the Northeast. Did not see the PS3 version. Can't verify if that version is universal drop, sorry...

bread's done
Back