Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

I don't understand why they can't patch it. The game just came out.

And that is my big fear with this whole Trophy thing. Sony or someone needs to say "tough shit" and get them to include support, for whatever game it may be.

Added two more games to the list of upcoming games, two of Sony's PSN games that they announced today, that are going to have trophy support, which were mentioned in their fact sheets.

darn no DMC 4, eh I'll just have to get them for the 360. Of all the games I'll probably only play 3 that supports trophies - Resistance 2, Socom and possible SFIV. The lineup is a little weak, but it's new so I guess we'll have to settle for what they give us.

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

Naughty Dog: Uncharted Trophies coming 'very soon'

mid august but already sent in for QA, so possibly even sooner. So you guys have a month to put this game off til the patch hits. w00t.

I gotta pick this up again, traded it off awhile back, but only beat it once. Won't hurt to play through it again.. collecting trophies.. sweet!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznguyen316']GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

mid august but already sent in for QA, so possibly even sooner. So you guys have a month to put this game off til the patch hits. w00t.

I gotta pick this up again, traded it off awhile back, but only beat it once. Won't hurt to play through it again.. collecting trophies.. sweet!![/quote]

Nice. I still have to play my 2nd time and get the rest of the treasures.

[quote name='aznguyen316']GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

I gotta pick this up again, traded it off awhile back, but only beat it once. Won't hurt to play through it again.. collecting trophies.. sweet!![/quote]

I have been waiting to play this for over a month already. It's the only game outside of MGS4 that I own, and I already finished that.

"Mid-August" can't come soon enough!

[quote name='Psykodelik']Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the trophies and whatnot. But anyone know if MGS or Soul Calibur 4 will include them?[/QUOTE]MGS4, we dunno. SC4 most likely not, because by the time developers got the addition to their development kits, the game was finished and in testing phase.

Rock Band 2 will have them:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/17/rock-band-2-will-support-ps3-trophies/

Although Rock Band 2 is coming out on Xbox 360 before PS3, Harmonix isn't neglecting PS3 owners. They note that Microsoft "helped us out massively by coming in, helping us to complete features and have given us great marketing support." We wonder if "marketing support" means "money?" Regardless, it appears Sony didn't offer the same "support" as Microsoft.

There are still a number of features that Rock Band 2 will support on PS3 that wasn't found on the original Rock Band release. Dan Teasdale from Harmonix told Videogamer.com, "You're going to have voice chat, you're going to have complete integration with rockband.com, you're going to have trophies. We're going to make sure that PS3 gamers have just as great an experience."

[quote name='Morphine']Just announced from E3, no trophies for The Force Unleashed :([/quote]

:bomb:

Trophies possibly mandatory in 2009:

Trophies are rather new for the PS3 audience. In fact, only one game on the market right now supports them. But, will things change in the future? The answer looks to be "yes." First party titles are all required to have Trophy support, but in 2009, all Trophies may become "mandated." One major developer told Joystiq that Sony may require Trophies in all third party games

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/18/rumor-trophies-may-become-mandatory-in-2009/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Now you know how things are. :nottalking: ;)[/quote]

Fine. Have it your way.

http://www.psu.com/Kyle-Shubel-on-K...lic-beta,-online-+-more-News--a0004269-p0.php
According to Managing Producer Kyle Shubel, Guerilla Games is determined to support all PlayStation 3 features including full Trophy Support, SIXAXIS motion control, DualShock 3 vibration, online community support and more.

"We are going through that checklist, but that one, we did do them all (PS3 features such as Trophies), and two, they don't feel bolted on," said Shubel. "We want them to feel right."

Shubel continued stating that Killzone 2 will be supported with Trophy support but that details would be held off until around the time of the public beta. He also confirmed that Killzone 2 will feature a plethora of online support outside of simple online gameplay.

I hate online achievements/trophies. I really think they're bothersome. As you've seen with Team Fortress 2 on PC, it just turns into a bunch of achievement getting games. It ruins the entire fun of the game, especially if they're really hard to get. I think that's partially why COD4's multiplayer is so fun. People are just there to play.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/21/bioshock-ps3-trophies-confirmed-detailed/

Recently, the BioShock PS3 design team here at 2K Marin spent some time with the Trophy system for the PS3. The Trophies for the PS3 are ranked as if you, the game player, were an Olympian. It seemed only right that we organize our thoughts by this method.
Our first batch out of the Trophy-maker, were the Bronze Trophies.

Just like in the original BioShock, for the PS3 version our initial emphasis was on encouraging thoroughness and exploration of the BioShock universe. Each system in BioShock has a reward for the player that digs deep enough. Our hope is that players that may otherwise neglect a system will want to explore it just for the Trophy. Systems like Researching, Modifying Weapons, Hacking, and Crafting are all loaded with awards. A meticulous player will find themselves up to their armpits in prizes.

While every system has a tactical in-game advantage, we hope these Trophies will encourage players to try out every aspect of BioShock. Hacking, for example, is a system that some players may never focus on. However, for the player who gets out their wrench and starts tinkering, the tactical significance of having a turret and two security bots on your team is impressive. We hope that luring you in with the promise of glittering medals will make you consider revisiting such systems. We believe that once you get a nibble of the effectiveness of certain tactics, you’ll come back for a full meal.

Silver Trophies were next to be handed out.

For the true explorer, we present one of the more difficult Trophies to get in all of Rapture. The “Historian” Trophy is awarded for finding every single audio diary. This particular Trophy is Silver because we understand the rigor required for this endeavor. If you’re a true adventurer and seek to know the full story of the fall of Rapture, look under every desk and open every door. There are many to find.

As you may expect, several Trophies must remain secret. Giving this information away has the same effect as turning to the last page in a great book. We imagine you hate this as much as we do. The other silver Trophy must remain in our vault until you discover it for yourselves.

Next we turned to the Gold Trophies, the real beauties.

When considering how to use these Trophies to reward players, we chose to give a respectful nod to those few who desire a challenge. We believe that BioShock PS3 has a lot to offer in a single play through, but we wanted to emphasize and reward a player’s second or third descent into Rapture. This led us to create new Trophies that encourage more advanced tactics and enemies that provide a greater challenge.

As a result of this thinking the first Trophy bears the name, “Brass Balls”. If you desire to be among the few who have this prestigious award on their mantle, you must win BioShock on Hard difficulty with the Vita-Chambers turned off. A feat so daring that anyone even glimpsing this formidable Trophy in your glass case will be shaking with terror and respect.

There are still more Trophies yet to be unveiled which will push you further than this. Devilish trials which only the sturdiest among us will finish. Keep your ears peeled for further details.

We believe that you will find gathering all of these Trophies a grueling but satisfying trek. Should you manage to gather every single bronze, silver, and gold Trophy, the ultimate achievement is waiting: the coveted BioShock Platinum Trophy. Its glistening mass is reserved for those few who can stare down a Big Daddy without shivering.

Our hands are at the ready to give congratulatory pats on the back to anyone strong willed enough to claim these shiny keepsakes. Until then, expect more updates from the designers here at 2K Marin as BioShock for the PS3 surfaces.
Bioshock's trophies officially confirmed along with a look at their design of their trophy set-up, as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/23/pixeljunk-eden-trophies-galore/

Anyway, this all leads into trophies somehow. Ah yes, because our development cycle is so short, we find ourselves being able to implement all the latest OS-supported features before anyone else can. For PixelJunk Monsters it was Dual-Shock 3 support, but this time there have been a couple of really cool new features and we have put both in. These are the Trophy support and the YouTube video upload support. Both of which are really cool.

Initially we implemented all our own trophy screens etc., but then Sony Computer Entertainment built it all into the OS, which really helped us out. The trophy comparing and your “gamer card” screen really up the ante for those hard core gamers out there. In fact, it might make some of the non-gamer types even turn hard-core as chasing trophies can be rather addicting.

PixelJunk Eden is a short-form PSN title so there are fewer trophies when compared to, say, a Blu-ray title (which can have the esteemed platinum trophy), but we still managed to pack in quite a few. To begin with, you can get a bronze trophy for opening every “seed” in a stage. This is quite a challenge on some of the stages as the gardens are large and expansive. Then there are trophies for a load of other things, such as destroying 500 of the “prowlers,” or collecting 15 “crystals” in one jump. My personal favorite is a trophy that you can only achieve in 3P mode, where you have to “volley” a player between you back and forth five times without him/her landing on a plant, a bit like tennis.

Dylan Cuthbert gave a little teaser on the PS Blog about PixelJunk Eden's trophies and said this about trophies for PixelJunk Monsters:

Oh, and we have been totally inundated with requests for trophies in PixelJunk Monsters via some kind of patch. As this goes to press, I can say we are definitely looking into it - you just need to badger Deborah Mars and her team in Santa Monica to get some dates set. If we release a patch, we will not only implement this but we will also implement XMB music and a couple of other things.

He mentions in the comments that they're looking for a way to implement trophies retroactively so that you don't need to earn them all over again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/23/pixeljunk-eden-trophies-galore/

Dylan Cuthbert gave a little teaser on the PS Blog about PixelJunk Eden's trophies and said this about trophies for PixelJunk Monsters:

He mentions in the comments that they're looking for a way to implement trophies retroactively so that you don't need to earn them all over again.[/quote]

Is there a game save for PSN games or are they just saved within the game? If so I hope retroactive trophies work for this title.

I had actually fired off an email to them about PJM last night. To my surprise, they replied within minutes. They basically said requests were pouring in, and they were looking at ways to do it. (Essentially, what the blog post mentioned.)

[quote name='aznguyen316']Is there a game save for PSN games or are they just saved within the game? If so I hope retroactive trophies work for this title.[/quote]
What do you mean? They're saved in the same place as the saves for all of the disc-based games.

I really hope you don't have to beat the game on different difficulty levels like I've been hearing, although you can switch the difficulty at any time during the game anyway.
In terms of retroactiveness, I hope since I only have 240 medal points, if I got to 300 points, and that, along with 100 and 200 points was a trophy trigger, I'd get those as well. I'd hate to delete my save file and start again.
I wonder when Warhawk's getting trophies. I know Burnout's getting trophies in August (latest reports), so August could be PS3 trophy get month.

I meant I'd have to start a new save file if it didn't have prior trigger points (Like Trophy Y unlocks Trophy X if you don't have it)

What's the fucking point of this trophy system? Will I get cool game extra's like artworks and themes out of it by unlocking them or is this just more bragging rites garbage like the achievements system is?
I suppose this is at least a step up because it's not a score like achievements.

[quote name='Sarang01']What's the fucking point of this trophy system?
I suppose this is at least a step up because it's not a score like achievements.[/quote]

Looking at it optimistically, it gives you new ways to play a game, and gives you a subtle Pavlovian pat on that back for playing well. Pessimistically it's still nerd points/e-penor size waving around.

bread's done
Back