Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

I hope that Uncharted sales get a sizable spike from this - the incompleteness and general unwillingness of devs to add trophies gets under my skin. So I'd like to see one game that does it show tangible financial benefits from doing so.

We'll see.

[quote name='robobagins']Looking at it optimistically, it gives you new ways to play a game, and gives you a subtle Pavlovian pat on that back for playing well. Pessimistically it's still nerd points/e-penor size waving around.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't care if it's smartly done, like giving the extra's mentioned above for it but past that I have issues with it. Namely that a dev. can make a complete piece of shit for a game or a mediocre one(see Fusion Frenzy 2 supposedly) and sell it just for the trophies.

anyone able to get all the trophies on stardust yet?
i have 13, i cant get the 15 bombs on bomber mode, the 10 nukes on endless, and i dont have the team pack

[quote name='neverletthem']Any info on the burnout trophy's that were "supposed" to come out two weeks ago?[/quote]

They were never "supposed" to come out two weeks ago. That was the Cagney update. Criterion said they would be in the next update, I believe, in August. I think that also has motorcycles, too!

[quote name='orko60']They were never "supposed" to come out two weeks ago. That was the Cagney update. Criterion said they would be in the next update, I believe, in August. I think that also has motorcycles, too![/quote]

Yeah there was something in the psblog today about it. They actually said that the Motorcycle pack is coming at the end of august and expect and announcement of trophies then (presumably that they are ready).

[quote name='orko60']They were never "supposed" to come out two weeks ago. That was the Cagney update. Criterion said they would be in the next update, I believe, in August. I think that also has motorcycles, too![/quote]

Mmkay, then I really read the OP wrong. Thanks for letting me know where they shall be coming out. Motorcycles should be fun:bouncy:.

[quote name='mykevermin']I hope that Uncharted sales get a sizable spike from this - the incompleteness and general unwillingness of devs to add trophies gets under my skin. So I'd like to see one game that does it show tangible financial benefits from doing so.

We'll see.[/quote]

Me too. I would like to at least have ONE of my games have trophy support, so I can actually see what it's all about. Plus Uncharted is a great game, so I would love to see it continue to sell. If they want to attribute it to trophy support, so be it. It's pretty terrible that devs are just shrugging their shoulders about the whole thing though.

I'm having a problem with the trophies in SSHD - I looked for something similar but haven't found anyone with this problem.

Anyways, I got SSHD when 2.40 came out and managed to get 11 trophies. Then a couple of nights ago I downloaded the solo expansion with the idea of getting some more trophies.

No matter how many times I try the trophies don't register. I noticed it first with the 45 second one (as it's pretty easy to see when you should get it) and then with one or two of the others.

Anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='bjstucker']is there an official release for Pain's trophies?[/quote]

Yea, with this on sale this week I might be interested in picking it up if they are definitely doing trophies.

[quote name='natureboy46']I'm having a problem with the trophies in SSHD - I looked for something similar but haven't found anyone with this problem.

Anyways, I got SSHD when 2.40 came out and managed to get 11 trophies. Then a couple of nights ago I downloaded the solo expansion with the idea of getting some more trophies.

No matter how many times I try the trophies don't register. I noticed it first with the 45 second one (as it's pretty easy to see when you should get it) and then with one or two of the others.

Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

You downloaded the multiplayer addon, right?

[quote name='Morphine']You downloaded the multiplayer addon, right?[/QUOTE]

no, I got the solo expansion...Am I that stupid? Quite possibly. Is it only the multi-player pack that has trophies? I thought the solo added 3 or 4.

[quote name='natureboy46']no, I got the solo expansion...Am I that stupid? Quite possibly. Is it only the multi-player pack that has trophies? I thought the solo added 3 or 4.[/quote]

yeah, the solo pack adds a few. Are you picking Survival mode for the 45 second one? It's only for that mode that you get a trophy for not firing or using bombs for 45 seconds. Other than that, I have no idea what could be wrong.

[quote name='scsg75']yeah, the solo pack adds a few. Are you picking Survival mode for the 45 second one? It's only for that mode that you get a trophy for not firing or using bombs for 45 seconds. Other than that, I have no idea what could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's it. I went for 45 seconds without using a weapon and then I did it without using bombs...guess it is just me who is screwed.

[quote name='natureboy46']Yeah that's it. I went for 45 seconds without using a weapon and then I did it without using bombs...guess it is just me who is screwed.[/quote]

no weapons or bombs at all on the same run in survival mode. Right? Just fly around for the first 45 seconds, don't press any buttons.

I have no idea what's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem may be that you're picking up the time things. They add to the time counter for score but don't count towards the trophy if I remember correctly. So you may see a time of 50 seconds but actually only have survived 40.

Not sure if this has been posted:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/894/894898p1.html
IGN: How many Trophies will be available to nab in Uncharted?

Arne Meyer: You'll be able to get up to 48 Trophies in Uncharted. There are 47 Trophies related to what you do in the game -- finding treasures, hand-to-hand or gun combat and the like -- and the last one is the Platinum Trophy for getting all the other Trophies.

IGN: What are some of the more notable or difficult Trophies that you've added?

Arne Meyer: Well, some of our more notable and tougher Trophies are hidden, so it wouldn't be any fun if we revealed those, right? That being said, I think the Trophies for getting 100 headshots or defeating 50 enemies in a row without dying can present a challenge to most players. Of course, there's also the Trophy for the Strange Relic, which some Naughty Dog fans might find familiar...

IGN: Is there a direct link to the treasures and unlockables that are already in the game with the new Trophies?

Arne Meyer: Yep. The Trophies are tied to the medal rewards which already exist in Uncharted. The requirement to get each Trophy is exactly the same as the one for the associated medal.

IGN: Will veterans be able to go in and nab all the Trophies in a single play-through?

Arne Meyer: No, that won't be possible. It is possible to get nearly all of the Trophies on a single playthrough, but I think you'd have to be very good and extremely thorough to do that. We'd like to believe that some of the more difficult Trophies are enough of a challenge that even the most skilled gamer will have to play through Uncharted a couple of times.

IGN: Will any of them be able to be awarded retroactively?

Arne Meyer: That would have been nice, but it wasn't something we would be able to do. We originally left our save games unlocked and portable so gamers could move them off the hard drive and their existing game elsewhere or show off some of the unlocked content at a friend's house. This type of portability would have allowed gamers to get Trophies unfairly and we couldn't let that happen. To receive Trophies in Uncharted you will have to start a brand new save game without any medals or rewards unlocked.

IGN: Will the update contain anything in addition to Trophies? We happen to be fans of the different rendering modes that you can unlock...

Arne Meyer: Aww, we like the rendering modes too. However, the patch only adds Trophy support to Uncharted. We didn't add anything new. Sorry!

Frisky, any idea why you have every SSHD trophy, yet your profile only shows 93%?

I'm short Late Boomer and Brothers in Arms. Almost beat yer endless high score tonight to boot.

I know that's just PR stuff, but the whole "we can't let PS3 owners get their Trophies unfairly!" argument is so weak it's not even funny. I have no problem playing through the game again, but that excuse is terrible.

I agree. But I still think games from now on should use the Capcom method where your Trophies are tied to Network Data ala DMC4. That way you can use other peoples' saves, but won't give you trophies. It gives you freedom to explore other modes you didn't want to try or couldn't get to.

Also, Update 1.01 for Soul Calibur IV locks the game's save system to your console (Might be PSN name, but it said console) so there is a possibility of a Trophy Update in the future.

[quote name='happy']The problem may be that you're picking up the time things. They add to the time counter for score but don't count towards the trophy if I remember correctly. So you may see a time of 50 seconds but actually only have survived 40.[/QUOTE]

That might be exactly what it is for the 45 second one but I'm pretty sure I should have scored a couple of more. I'll definitely check it out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...glorious-gardens…and-did-we-mention-trophies/

The trophies for Eden have been revealed:
BRONZE

• All Seeds 01 - Open all seeds in garden 01
  • All Seeds 02 - Open all seeds in garden 02
  • All Seeds 03 - Open all seeds in garden 03
  • All Seeds 04 - Open all seeds in garden 04
  • All Seeds 05 - Open all seeds in garden 05
  • All Seeds 06 - Open all seeds in garden 06
  • All Seeds 07 - Open all seeds in garden 07
  • All Seeds 08 - Open all seeds in garden 08
  • All Seeds 09 - Open all seeds in garden 09
  • All Seeds 10 - Open all seeds in garden 10
  • All Gardens Clear - Get a Spectra in each garden
  • Combo Ten - Pollen Prowler combo x 10
  • Combo Fifteen - Pollen Prowler combo x 15
  • The Hundred Thousander - Get 100,000 pollen in one garden
  • 500 Dead Pollen Prowlers - 500 Pollen Prowlers killed
  • Ten Minute Grimp - Get all 5 Spectra from a garden within 10 minutes
  • Fifteen Crystals - Get fifteen crystals in a single jump
  • Zero Wasted Pollen - Open all seeds in a garden without missing any pollen
  • Three Play Ping Pong - In 3p mode, trapeze jump between two swinging Grimps

SILVER

• All Spectra Found - Get all the Spectra in all gardens
I'm surprised that they went the route of pretty much all bronze and just one silver.

[quote name='Dylan Cuthbert']As a PSN title we are only allowed a set amount of points and each trophy is worth X points (with gold being quite expensive) - so rather than use points on a gold, we decided to go for variety and give the player a load more trophies instead. (you still gain the same amount of "exp" if you get all the trophies as you would with the non-dlc-addon version of stardust HD)

Best Regards[/QUOTE]

It seems that the values figured out for the main game's allotment of trophies is 1 pts per Bronze, 2 pts per Silver, and 6 points per Gold, which ends up with 21 points for the main game and 12 points allowed for expansions.

Here is a question I have been wondering about. If I gameshare SSDHD, (my friend purchases it, gives me his account info and I DL'd it to my console), will I be able to play the game using my own PSN ID and unlock Trophies for my PSN ID?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Here is a question I have been wondering about. If I gameshare SSDHD, (my friend purchases it, gives me his account info and I DL'd it to my console), will I be able to play the game using my own PSN ID and unlock Trophies for my PSN ID?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='happy']The problem may be that you're picking up the time things. They add to the time counter for score but don't count towards the trophy if I remember correctly. So you may see a time of 50 seconds but actually only have survived 40.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this was right or if it was the update that fixed it but my trophy profile is working now. Cheers.

Gah I thought getting all the spectra in a garden would unlock a trophy but I see its pollinating all the seeds. (they're the empty round things right?)

[quote name='Maklershed']Gah I thought getting all the spectra in a garden would unlock a trophy but I see its pollinating all the seeds. (they're the empty round things right?)[/quote]

Yeah, I'm glad they did that one, adds more gameplay than just all the spectra which you do anyway.

(Just finished the second garden)

Edit to add: Anyone figure out how many points/trophies per level yet?

[quote name='happy']
Edit to add: Anyone figure out how many points/trophies per level yet?[/quote]

My guess is 100 pts per level like most RPG standards with the cap rising each level.

Looking at the people on my friends list, you should be able to reach level 2 at between 12 and 15 points, using the Bronze = 1 point, Silver = 2 points, and Gold = 6 points scale, as PastaBoi93 has 10 bronze and a silver and is just short of reaching level 2 while miyamotofreak has 9 bronze and 3 silver and is just above the level 2 mark.

As for when you reach level 3, I am just short of reaching level 3 with 17 bronze, 5 silver, and 2 gold, which would be 39 points, so I'm guessing 40 is the limit to reach level 3.

Sweet...finally time to play Uncharted! Been way too busy with other games though....GTAIV, MLB 08, NCAA 09....and soon Madden. Uncharted may still get the back seat.

Any idea if Heavenly Sword will get Trophies? I have that unplayed also.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/04/more-bioshock-trophy-details/

A look at the unique trophies to the PS3 version of Bioshock:
Hello again readers. I am Tynan Wales, a game designer here at 2K Marin and I’m happy to bring you more tidbits from the BioShock vaults.

There have been many questions regarding the trophy system in BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3, and we are glowing from the attention. As some of the trophy criteria noted in our last post seemed familiar, some drew the conclusion that the PS3 wouldn’t have unique trophies. That is not the case.

As BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3 continues its ascent from the depths we have assembled new information regarding the trophies that will be available to players. Specifically, we have new intelligence on the trophies which are unique to BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3.

“A Man Chooses” is the first of these golden trophies and is reserved for those with the courage to complete Survivor difficulty. Its name is meant, in the words of Andrew Ryan, father of Rapture, to remind you that a man chooses because in Survivor mode every choice could mean the difference between life and death.

The final trial for any committed BioShock player is “I Chose The Impossible”. This trophy is named appropriately as attaining it will make even the most self-assured gamesman into a shaking leaf. To make this your own, you must complete BioShock on Survivor difficulty with the Vita-Chambers turned off.

Each of these shining treasures can only be found on the PLAYSTATION 3. So tense up your trigger finger and polish your diving helmet, you will need them at the ready.

Pretty lame that all the Uncharted trophies I've unlocked so far(10) have the same image, unlike Eden.

Oh well, looks like I'll be able to get all of them in one run pretty easily except for the Crushing one and of course the Platinum.

That sucks. I do hope more games take the Eden approach rather than the way SSHD/UDF do it.

It's really nice to see all the Eden trophies lined up in the XMB profile.

bread's done
Back