*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Just came back from two TRUs.
Got:

PS2-
Silent Hill 3
Primal

Xbox-
Prince of Persia
MGS2:Substance

The arden way TRU in sac had like 5 MGS2s, and 4 silent hill 3s...

[quote name='smashedixnay']Y'alls TRU are at least decent with DC prices. They have a Sega Sports bundle for $42.95, which consist of:

NFL2k1
WSB2k1
NBA2k1

:roll:

Quake 3 for $39.95
Unreal for $23.95
Virtua Tennis 2k2 for $9.95
and a few other DC games that are high priced. Funny thing is, they are all on the clearance table.[/quote]

I got my Tennis 2k2 for 4.99 and the sports pack at my local TRU is $11

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='smashedixnay']Y'alls TRU are at least decent with DC prices. They have a Sega Sports bundle for $42.95, which consist of:

NFL2k1
WSB2k1
NBA2k1

:roll:

Quake 3 for $39.95
Unreal for $23.95
Virtua Tennis 2k2 for $9.95
and a few other DC games that are high priced. Funny thing is, they are all on the clearance table.[/quote]

I got my Tennis 2k2 for 4.99 and the sports pack at my local TRU is $11[/quote]

As I said, the items should be the same (maybe some in some places but not others), but prices will definately be different from market to market.

Does anyone know if this applies to Canadian Toys 'R Us' ?

Sorry if this was asked before, I didn't feel like slogging through 36 pages of posts to find that no-one asked it :D

Has anyone tried Metal Slug 3 yet?????????

I need to know.

KoF is included, and it was released at the same time as MS3.

I'll head back tomorrow, but I'd like to know in advance.

Thanks.

[quote name='the_gloaming']Crimson Skies (Xbox)[/quote]

Crimson Skies was $15?...I should look tomorrow, but I think my queue of unplayed games has reached saturation point.

[quote name='drone8888']Has anyone tried Metal Slug 3 yet?????????

I need to know.

KoF is included, and it was released at the same time as MS3.

I'll head back tomorrow, but I'd like to know in advance.

Thanks.[/quote]

KOF was released in Oct. or Nov.

Metal Slug 3 was released in May

I doubt a game that new would be on the list.

Most stuff seems to be from last year that has not sold

[quote name='mva5580']Oh and has anyone tried scanning The Sims: Bustin' Out for x-box? I was slightly interested in that one too but didn't ask to have it scanned. Anyone tried?[/quote]

My wife tried for Bustin' Out. No go. Not old enough, I guess.

Is Rygar for $15 a good deal?

Also, is it just me or is Gamestop's and EB's games way too overpriced during this and the CC sale?

[quote name='suko_32']Is Rygar for $15 a good deal?[/quote]

I paid $10 for Rygar when KB Toys had their clearance and I feel pretty good about that. $15 might be stretching it, but Rygar's a good game.

[quote name='sanjuro']oh yeah, anyone try the black toys r us promo gameboy advances?[/quote]

These are not. I can tell you that they are part of the coming week's roto for if you buy one, you get a free copy of DKC, Advance Wars 2, or Golden Sun 2 with it.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='suko_32']Is Rygar for $15 a good deal?[/quote]

I paid $10 for Rygar when KB Toys had their clearance and I feel pretty good about that. $15 might be stretching it, but Rygar's a good game.[/quote]

Guess I'll just wait. I can wait for the price to lower....

[quote name='Icelight']So...I take it no-one in Canada has tried this yet...

Or is there even a Canadian here...

::crickets chirp::[/quote]

there are a few canadians, but not many

Sigh, and none willing to try things like checking this deal for the unwilling-to-try-themselves-before-confirmation people, like me :D

Anyway, I'll stop being off-topic...

DAMN, i hate when i get that feeling of your forgetting something and then u go home and remember. Now i have to go back and check if jedi academy for xb, midnight2, and ikaruga is on sale :(

One thing a co-worker reminded me of a few minutes ago over AIM...

The 50%-off sale is TRU desparately trying to clear out aged inventory. So, to my understanding, TRU will be aggressively marking things down further as time goes on. We're talking possibly 60%, 75% or more off. I'm being told that the percentage off will increase into October. After that, it's speculated that TRU will order that the remaining clearance merchandise will be sent away and destroyed.

Honestly, with a lot of people here buying up 10 to 20 games, waiting around for further discounts seem like a huge gamble. Ah well... Just thought I'd inform.

-Hoshi

[quote name='hoshi']One thing a co-worker reminded me of a few minutes ago over AIM...

The 50%-off sale is TRU desparately trying to clear out aged inventory. So, to my understanding, TRU will be aggressively marking things down further as time goes on. We're talking possibly 60%, 75% or more off. I'm being told that the percentage off will increase into October. After that, it's speculated that TRU will order that the remaining clearance merchandise will be sent away and destroyed.

Honestly, with a lot of people here buying up 10 to 20 games, waiting around for further discounts seem like a huge gamble. Ah well... Just thought I'd inform.

-Hoshi[/quote]

hmmmmm I smell cheapass Christmas presents.

alongx Posted: August 14, 2004, 11:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the_gloaming wrote:
Crimson Skies (Xbox)

Crimson Skies was $15?...I should look tomorrow, but I think my queue of unplayed games has reached saturation point.

Yeah. I had trouble finding it, though. I hit a goldmine at one store and it had just about everything I was looking for. The only ones I couldn't get were Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick, and Syberia.

Went to a few TRU's today, picked up
Sphinx (GC)
Freedom Fighters (GC)
Sega Soccer Slam (GC) (YES!)
True Crime (GC)
Boktai (GBA) --actually shocked I hadn't found this the 50 kazillion other clearances before...
Sega Bass Fishing (DC) - I have a fishing contoller, may as well use it!

Trie Pitfall to no avail, didn't even think to look for XIII
something for my lunch break tomorrow...

saw others on the list, sadly I already had them from other sales..

[quote name='hoshi']One thing a co-worker reminded me of a few minutes ago over AIM...

-Hoshi[/quote]

Wait.

If we stop buying now, we can save more later?

STOP BUYING GAMES, EVERYONE! GOOD WORK! TAKE 5 UNTIL OCTOBER!

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='hoshi']One thing a co-worker reminded me of a few minutes ago over AIM...

-Hoshi[/quote]

Wait.

If we stop buying now, we can save more later?

STOP BUYING GAMES, EVERYONE! GOOD WORK! TAKE 5 UNTIL OCTOBER![/quote]. Awsome, now I might be able to get Rygar for like 6 bucks!

[quote name='hoshi']......After that, it's speculated that TRU will order that the remaining clearance merchandise will be sent away and destroyed....
-Hoshi[/quote]
:bs:

[quote name='Smell']Someone said on Gamefaqs that Xbox was 75 dollars

sorry if someone has said this already[/quote]

I don't think I can believe this, unless it was some old Xbox package like the StarWars/Tetris bundle

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='hoshi']......After that, it's speculated that TRU will order that the remaining clearance merchandise will be sent away and destroyed....
-Hoshi[/quote]
:bs:[/quote]

Stores actually destroy merchandise that aren't sold after clearance. I remember hearing about one TRU store destorying Dreamcast console and games because they weren't being sold

2 questions. One, did anyone elses Silent Hill 3 come with the 60 minute soundtrack? Two, should I get more of those plentiful cheap games ( like unlimited saga, frequency, etc.) And save them up for future trade in deals?

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='Smell']Someone said on Gamefaqs that Xbox was 75 dollars

sorry if someone has said this already[/quote]

I don't think I can believe this, unless it was some old Xbox package like the StarWars/Tetris bundle[/quote]

I think someone posted earlier in this thread that older model Xbox's DO apply for 50% off...Good luck figuring out what an older model Xbox is at your store though...

why the heck would they do that, i mean couldnt they bring down the price so low that somebody would buy it

and yes suko-32 my SH3 also came with a soundtrack

It was stated that it was the star wars/tetris bundle, which my Toysrus hasn't had for months. I doubt there are too many of these anywhere in the country.

this is what I picked up today

prince of persia 9.99
true crime 9.99
disagea 24.99
worm blast 9.99
links 14.99
lost kingdoms 2 9.99
metal arms 9.99
simpson's hit/run 19.99

then at khol's i got morrowind GOY for 17.99

and wendsday I had $100 trade in at Gamestop credit and I traded in ESPN 2k5 and got the following.

Silent Hill - PS1
Zelda collector disk
Ring of Red
Madden 2005.

I've had a good week.

Yeah TRU destroys merchandise occassionally. Our store just destroyed a lot of Saturn, SNES, and Genesis games after the BOGO deal ended.

Honestly, what would give anyone the idea we'd be selling a XBox or PS2 at half price? It's not like game console is hard to sell. And even ones with freebies like the XBox online or PS2 online bundles wouldn't last, because everyone wants the package with the free crap first.

Also, it'd be a cold day you know where before TRU would sell something (expecially so successful) below cost.

[quote name='tubtub']Yeah TRU destroys merchandise occassionally. Our store just destroyed a lot of Saturn, SNES, and Genesis games after the BOGO deal ended.[/quote]. Could someone tell me why they destroy them?

[quote name='tubtub']Yeah TRU destroys merchandise occassionally. Our store just destroyed a lot of Saturn, SNES, and Genesis games after the BOGO deal ended.[/quote]
when you say destroy, do you mean like smash em with a hammer? or just like give em to charities?

If anyone is intersted in ZOE2, my local TRU has a few copies of the game. I'm interested in the .hack games as well as CIMA The Enemy for GBA. If anyone can get one of those for me and wants ZOE2, I'll probably do astraight across trade.

[quote name='Wario64']
Stores actually destroy merchandise that aren't sold after clearance. I remember hearing about one TRU store destorying Dreamcast console and games because they weren't being sold[/quote]

Well then it must be true if you "remember hearing about"another TRU doing it too...

Suko_32 and Oktoberfest, they usually just put them in the trash compactor when they 'destroy' them. They do this because the item is so old they know its not going to sell and usually its not much of a loss for the store. The Saturn games were like a $1.50 loss on each one. It's easier to just destroy it then waste valuable shelf space keeping up with it. We've had those games for years and years and we sold maybe one or two this whole time. Even at $1.50 people still wouldn't buy them.

SkinAkuma, the PS2 bundle with Jak and Daxter and ATV Offroad Fury is $115. It also contains the old model PS2 and an expired coupon book. TRU is taking quite a loss on these, but its better than not selling them at all and wasting the space. Plus it looked to me like most stores don't even have many of these. The other bundle with Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and the new model PS2 is still in quite a few stores and is still $230. We actually have been selling those like crazy since regular PS2s are sold out everywhere here.

[quote name='suko_32']2 questions. One, did anyone elses Silent Hill 3 come with the 60 minute soundtrack? Two, should I get more of those plentiful cheap games ( like unlimited saga, frequency, etc.) And save them up for future trade in deals?[/quote]

Yeah my silent hill 3 came with the soundtrack too.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']shinakuma, I got the PS2 bundle for 50% off, which made it 114.97. Guess that answers your question.[/quote]

We were talking about the PS2 Online combo, the one Sony officially puts out. It's been pretty established the one you got (the one TRU made up) is on sale. The big difference is, the Online combo sells for the same as the PS2 with nothing, so it's not hard to convince someone to buy one. The one you got charges for the extra things that come with it, so if people dont want what we include, it's probable it wont move if more is charged.

As for the people talking about older models of a PS2 or XBox being $75, we quite frankly dont give a crap what model they are. They're a PS2 or a XBox; the average buyer wont give a hoot and will buy it without question. Also, regardless of model, these consoles are all sold under the same SKN number, and in our system, items are put on sale by SKN. Essentailly, the model is just like part of the assortment in the Ninja Turtle figures you buy. Raph (being an old model) still has the same SKN number as Splinter (the current model). If one of those were to be put on sale, the rest would be too. The only way then to put specific items from the assortment for less would be via a markdown, and is assigned a price by a generic SKN in the markdown category manually, and would be considered just the same as anything else in the markdown category its with. Just as before, it'd be just another thing like everything else under that SKN.

Really, i'm saying it's too much effort to put certain models on sale over others, expecially if there are large amounts.

tubtub- would it be possible for you to perhaps give me a SKN on that $115 dollar TRU exclusive made bundle to see if a store around me has it?

I'm sure toysrus is taking a big loss on the Ps2 bundle at 114.97. It includes Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Official DVD remote and a 2nd Dual Shock 2 controller. The system is also the new model, which has the built in IR receiver for the remote, Progressive Scan playback..etc.

bread's done
Back