*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='slidecage']do these games have Green tags on them cause none of them around here dont im going offf the list lol[/quote]mine didnt

[quote name='slidecage']thanks, for some reason just dont think part 3 is worth the 15 lol[/quote]

I know what you mean.. I've been eyeing EXE for a while now and it just won't go lower than 15. Ar!

Trying to figure out why its called Green tag sale when their are no green tags anywhere lol (unless the tags r not put on till the 22) but then again why would they be showing it)

[quote name='Final Starman']I guess you guys missed the EXE 3 for $10 at EB games (online). It was on the front page a few days ago.[/quote]

Graaah..

A couple of items need added/corrected:

Bionicle (XB) $9.99
Backyard Wrestling (XB) 9.99
Inside Pitch (XB) 9.99
Nascar 2004 (XB, PS2) 24.99
F1 2001 (GC) 24.99
Great Escape (XB) 9.99
Capcom vs SNK (GC) 9.99
World Rally Champ. (PS2) 7.50 correction
Oddworld: Munch's Odd. (XB) 9.99
LOTR: 2 Towers (XB) 9.99
Magic Pengel (PS2) 19.99
Goblin Commander (PS2) 9.99
Celebrity Deathmatch (XB) 9.99
Dark Summit (GC) 7.50

Not necessarily the greatest additions, but somebody may be interested.

I live in Tallahassee, and we have a strange ticket system when it comes to buying games. There are a few aisles covered with game covers and little slots for tickets. Each has a barcode. You bring it up to the register and then someone gets it from the back. The bad thing is the tickets get mixed up, or people hide them, or they never restock the tickets. For example, I was there with Continental today and he found a MvC2 ticket behind a couple Morrowind tickets. Damn him. lol. So if anyone else has this system I suggest checking behind the tickets are asking about specific games. Another note, no systems were 50% at our TRU. :(

One question: How do you get the Sphinx shirt free? The game rings up 6.50 and the shirts ring up 2.xx individually. If you ring up the game and the shirt on the same ticket does it recognize it?

Check red tags also when you go out. No One Lives Forever 2 (PC) had a red $7.98 clearance tag. I didn't think it was part of the deal. I just got it because the price was already good and it was the last copy. Then it rang $3.98.

Whew, last xbox that they had that was a star wars/tetris worlds bundle and it rang up $74.99, grabbed gigawing and d2 for dc, and double dragon for gba. Picked up Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 xbox and go go hypergrind for cube yesterday.

[quote name='Final Starman']I picked up another copy of Disgaea with this deal. If someone wants to buy it PM me.[/quote]

How good is this game and why does everyone want it ????????

The idea that unsold merchandise will be destroyed is nonsense. There are numerous charities which TRU cannot donate merchandise to at the full wholesale value and receive the according tax benefit. This is not a case where Mom & Pop are standing around wondering whatever will they do with this pesky stuff.

[quote name='epobirs']The idea that unsold merchandise will be destroyed is nonsense. There are numerous charities which TRU cannot donate merchandise to at the full wholesale value and receive the according tax benefit. This is not a case where Mom & Pop are standing around wondering whatever will they do with this pesky stuff.[/quote]

few years ago (more like 10) a company was going to destory a lot of NES stuff i knew the manager and he called me up one day and asked if i wanted to take all the games for penny each.

loaded up on like 1000 games for around 15 bucks or so (some they charged me 2 cents for lol)

Edit I take that back they charged me 10 cents each just remembered 1000 games for 100 bucks was the deal

most of them was pure junk but still a penny each couldnt pass it up

I know Gamestop, when I worked for them, did "Field Destroys" of unsold and discontinued merchandise. This consisted of the Dm and a few area managers getting together and just bashing and breaking the hell out of stuff. They'd rather break it than give it away.

For example, take all of those pennied out items at Gamestop. They do it to more things than just strategy guiides. I remember one time they pennied out some Nintendo Power Players Guides, a pack of DVDR discs, and a Microsoft optical mouse and they just fuckin' smashed them right in front of me.

Picked up MGS2 xbox, BG&E, SSX3, and Defender of the Crown for a friend. Saw Sphinx, didn't know that if it was any good. Should I go back and get it? No Dynasty Warriors and they did a search and the closest store to me that has it is 80 miles away.

Man, I could have sworn Aria of Sorrow was on this list. I should have printed it out. *Cha-ching* "That'll be $32.44." "Shaq-Fu'in A!" :x

Reality's Fringe]I know Gamestop said:
In cases where it would cost more to consolidate it between stores this may be true but not for an operation like TRU that has its own truck fleet moving stuff to and from the warehouses. Even in the GameStop example this suggests a severe failure of imagination on the part of the company or worse, a reason to wish these items not to be documented for a donation. Always cause for suspicion.

In my bookstore days I destroyed large numbers of paperbacks by tearing off the covers but those covers went back to the publisher for credit. It wasn't a simple write-off. I read a lot of coverless novels in those days. Actually, I had them stacked up so deep it was almost two years after the job ended that I finally read or threw out the last. This is coming from someone who reads a typical length novel in an evening.

We had a big problem with scavengers raiding our dumpster for stripped books. We had an obligation to the publishers to destroy the books or short of that, to keep them out of circulation. We went though three locks in the nearly three years I was working there. There isn't a used bookstore on the planet that would touch stripped paperbacks with a ten foot pole, so that means the scavengers were selling them for pennies on the dollar. For the amount of effort they went through to steal this stuff they could have gotten a minimum wage job and made ten times the money. I got the impression these people were otherwise unemployable unless want ads began listing scavenger as a career slot.

At EB, we just took strategy guides and whatever else to the dumpster. We had to tear the cover off of each one, though.

[quote name='Calico']Picked up MGS2 xbox, BG&E, SSX3, and Defender of the Crown for a friend. Saw Sphinx, didn't know that if it was any good. Should I go back and get it? No Dynasty Warriors and they did a search and the closest store to me that has it is 80 miles away.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Should I go back and get Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for the Xbox?...

Reality's Fringe]For example said:
From what I know about retail, listing items for $0.01 in the computer means they should no longer be sold. They put them at a penny so they're still in the computer as existing, but that price point is supposed to tell the company that it's an item they shouldn't have in inventory.

I just got back from the Culver City, CA TRU. They had a table which the lady working there said were 50% off titles -- most being CC-calibur games. I looked around the store and found a few on my short, hand-written want list that weren't on the table. I picked up:

Arc the Lad Collection - $34.99
Crimson Skies - $14.99
Silent Hill 3 - $9.99
Onimusha Tactics - $9.99

I also bought Sphinx PS2, no t-shirt. It rang up as $12.95, so no discount. I still bought it, as I kind of spaced a little. Others that didn't ring up discounts were VF4: Evolution (which should be removed from the list!) and TOCA Race Driver 2 (just wishful thinking on my part for that one).

The lady made it seem as though there are more things in the back (Arc the Lad, it sounded like), but she wasn't very down with looking for Rez and a few others for me. Maybe because there were a handful of kids in the department.

She asked where I found out about the 50% off sale, and I said a friend told me. She said they plan on bringing more stuff out on the 22nd. I know where I'll be next weekend...

See, that is weird. I got VF:Evolution on sale for 9.99, but Sega GT Online didn't discount for me, even though others have done it. The promo line even showed up on the readout. There seem to be a handful that are YMMV, but the vast majority are for everyone.

Anyone who has the arc collection please let me know, I will trade nicely for it or outright buy it, if someone wants to sell it at cost ill gladly pay you for your time and will give extras generously as well.

just went finally to pick up on the Ps2 deal
they didnt have any left :whistle2:(
at least the store clerk knew what was going on

their was a giant banner on the Toys R us saying Clearence

Yeah, I managed to pick up 7 one cent guides with thanks to yeldarb for 3 of them. A PS2 vertical stand for about 3 and the Gamecube game case for about 2.50 was nice. However, there are hardly any good games left IMO. The Continental was lucky enough to find another MvsC2 for Xbox. That was cool though.

Soul Calibur Limited Edition game guide for $12.49
Pokemon Pinball for GBA is $17.49 not $15

[quote name='Scorch']At EB, we just took strategy guides and whatever else to the dumpster. We had to tear the cover off of each one, though.[/quote]

Were the covers mailed in tot he publisher or taken by the DM? If they needed to be documented it isn't the same thing as outright destruction. Stripping paperback books has been around for decades. THey aren't usually worth the trouble to remainder like hardbacks, although a new breed of stores that specialize in remainders is now showing up with lots of paperbacks. They tend to go into locations where businesses failed and filled out the remaining lease time for a very low price. Somewhat like the Holloween costume stores that pop up in any available space every year but the bookstores use bigger spaces and can last close to a year.

I made the rounds today at all of the TRU's in the St. Louis area. This is what I managed to find and each store:

1) Northwest Plaza / St. Ann, MO:
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XB0x)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (XBox)
Wallace and Grommitt: Project Zoo (XBox)
Worms Blast (GC)

2) West Florissant / Ferguson, MO:
Wario World (GC)
Fatal Frame (XBox)
Freaky Flyers (Xbox) - $7.50, on the "official TRU list"
Dynasty Warriors 3 (Xbox) - $14.99, on the "official TRU list"

3) Mid Rivers Mall / St. Peters, MO:
Metal Dungeon (XBox)
SWAT: Global Strike Team (XBox) - $9.98, on the "official TRU list"
Blinx: The Time Sweeper (XBox, non-PH) - $9.98, on the "official TRU list"

4) Clarkson / Chesterfield, MO:
Otogi: Myth Of Demons (XBox)

5) S. Lindbergh / Crestwood, MO:
Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer (XBox)

6) S. Lindbergh / South County, MO:
SSX 3 (XBox)
Harry Potter & The Sorceror's Stone - $9.98, on the "official TRU list"
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (XBox)

Some ones I didn't find and woud like to have found:
The Sims (XBox)
Blood Omen 2 (XBox)
Summoner 2: A Goddess Reborn (GC)

I had Tenchu (XBox) checked at most of the stores I was at, and it came up as full price of $29.95. One store rep told me they "un-sale'd" some of the items on the list, so that's might be why it's YMMV on some items, like Tenchu. Same for the Rebel Strike III Demo Disc, which came up as full price of $9.98.

Overall, not a bad haul, especially when the notorious guy who wiped out things around here in the CC sale had made his rounds and cleaned out most of the good stuff, such as SSX 3, The Sims, Ikargua, etc., doing like $1000+ purchases in at least 2 or 3 stores I visited. Rumor is that he has an in with the distributors, which is why he's out as soon as the sale breaks. He's reselling them, as rumor goes, so if you can't find some items in the St. Louis area, blame him. I just did one copy for myself.

Also, the rumor is that they're supposed to get some restock in before the "official" start of the sale next weekend, so some of the missing items might be back in stock.

Most of the items I found were on the shelf or behind the locked case at alll of the TRU's I went to, though at least one of them had a "dump bin" with a few of the clearance games in it.

I saw Blinx (XB, non-PH), Harry Potter & The Sorceror's Stone (Xbox), Freaky Flyers (XBox), Dynasty Warriors 3 (XBox), and SWAT: Global Strike Team (XBox) on the "official" list that more than one TRU store was nice enough to show me, so they should be added to the list. Happy to scan reciepts for proof, if needed.

One last thing. Anyone have an opinion on the following games?
Metal Dungeon
Harry Potter & The Sorceror's Stone
Worms Blast

From the reivews, I'm thinking of taking them back and let someone else have them, so if someone thinks different, please let me know why you like 'em.

Yeah, they had the PS2 combo on Friday.
I was the only person who knew what was going on with the sale.

I don't need another PS2, so I passed it up.

I went back on Saturday, figuring I could resell it, and make some money, and the girl told me that they had 3 left, but they were on hold for employees.

I asked about XBoxes, and she said she hadn't heard about that item being discounted.

I forgot to look, and I just missed it today. I got there at 5 of 6, and they just closed their doors.

I guess I'll try tomorrow.

I'm using my car insurance money for this stuff, but it's SO worth it!!!

I fanyone would be willing to pick me up an XBox, I'd really appreciate it. I have a lot of stuff to sweeten the favor.

Thanks.

Has anyone actually picked up one of the non-SP GBAs for $35? The guy at my store said he rang one up earlier in the day for $70. Apparently they're having a buy a GBA get a free game offer. He said that deal may have tripped up the half price offer.

bad thing is i would pick up the sytems but hate sending systems though the mail

games r not that bad but systems are a major hassel since they can get damage in shipment

and i would buy ARc for ps1 if they had any the only got 3 ps1 games

FFT, Smackdown 2 and Gran tra 2

JACKPOT!...

Today, I went to TRU early in the afternoon. This is what I scored...

08/15/04 1:05 PM (CST)

Reel Fishing Wild (DC) $4.95
Sega Bass Fishing 2 (DC) $7.49
Deux Ex: Invisible War (XB) $9.97
Prince of Persia (XB) $9.97
XIII: Thirteen (XB) $9.99
Spawn: Armageddon (XB) $9.99
Swat: Global Strike Team (XB) $9.99
TimeSplitters 2 (XB) $9.99
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship Tapout (XB) $9.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (XB) $14.99
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XB) $14.99
Secret Weapons Over Normany (XB) $14.99

The cashier didn't know anything about the Green Tag Sale. There were no green tags on the games either...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Got back a little while ago from the Toy 'R Us in Danville, VA. The lady who got my games was nice. She said she had 14 pages of games to go through and said that she was glad I got the good deals and there would be more.

I got...

Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix w/special controller (Xbox) for $34.99
Arc the Lad Collection (PS1) $34.99 (They still had at least on copy of this left)
Double Dragon Advance $14.99 (I believe I got the last copy of this)

Best deal I got...

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'S Way (PC) $3.99 :shock: (I didn't see that listed earlier today)

I was going in planning to spend no more than $50 and I ended up spending $92.96 Just want to thank CAG for making me poor again, lol. :roll:

NOTE: They still had a couple of Disgaea's left if anyone is headed out there.[/quote]

So near.. Yet so far.. I live in Fairfax, VA, actually right next to DC. I've been dying for a copy of Disgaea, but I really can't drive that far. :cry:

[quote name='epobirs']
In my bookstore days I destroyed large numbers of paperbacks by tearing off the covers but those covers went back to the publisher for credit. It wasn't a simple write-off. I read a lot of coverless novels in those days. Actually, I had them stacked up so deep it was almost two years after the job ended that I finally read or threw out the last. This is coming from someone who reads a typical length novel in an evening.
[/quote]

I work in a college bookstore and we do this too. Although, we don't do it much. We sometimes have software like that too when we don't send it back to the ditributors in time. We had two copies of AutoCad 2002 for .01 on our shelves. It is supposed to be destroyed but I'd rather sell it for a penny than destroy perfectly fine merchandise.

I tried to pick up the XBOX star wars + tetris $75 bundle after finding it at a local TRU. It didn't work but what happened was kinda odd.

First, he scanned one part of the bundle. It was either the games or the xbox package and it rang up as "$80 promo". Then he scanned the XBOX itself through the little hole in the box and it rang up as $160. The final price was $160. I asked them if there was some sort of discount but he showed my the register screen and it didn't show anything.

I'm not exactly sure what happened. Can anyone shed some light on this?

bread's done
Back