*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I can't convince myself to pay 10 or 15 for some of these games. I've been spoiled by the CC sale. I've seen a lot of games but all I've picked up from TRU is PoP for Xbox.

One question: Does TRU accept competitors coupons? I know CC does and Target doesn't but what about TRU?

I got BloodRayne, Rogue Ops, True Crimes, and Sphinx: RoTM for 35 bucks. I live in MI, and it worked fine for me. I was hoping to get SSX 3, Metal Arms, and Ikaruga but there were no copies :(

TRU Regency had tons of the listed titles but maintained some composure and only grabbed Spinx and BG&E for Xbox.

TRU Avenues on the other hand, was cleaned out. Fellow CAG sying, are you to blame for that? :)

[quote name='Luckychunk']
and the major find of the day:
Gamecube Broadband Adapter -- 19.99 (1 left now at the Hawthorne TRU[/quote]

Where was the item located? In the glass cases or on some shelf? Also, if you can pick up that last BBA, I'll pay you $25 + shipping. Look for a PM.

The prices that they have listed by their games aren't accurate. Sphinx was listed as 19.99 but it rung up as 12.99. (then of course from the sale it was 6.50)

I called my local Toys R Us to see if they had anything I wanted. The guy checked and told me they didnt have POP (XBOX). But I asked him if they had Rez or Otogi and after one second he tells me "Um we dont have them they're older games". What does that mean? If they carry PSX games, Rez isnt that old. Id like to go to Toys R Us but except for the awful Toys R Us in the urban area (Which i was talking about) the nearest one is 30 min. away. And I dont have a license yet. Which stinks. Oh well

[quote name='yeldarb367']One question: Does TRU accept competitors coupons? I know CC does and Target doesn't but what about TRU?[/quote]

Unless things changed drastically since when I worked there (2 years ago), no they don't accept competitor's coupons.

Most of the TRU's I went to had at least some N64 and Dreamcast games, all the ones on the list.

If Otogi is an "old game", WTF is Perfect Dark and NFL 2K1? Fossilized?

[quote name='suko_32']All I saw at the Tallahassee TRU for N64 was 10 Pokemon Snaps[/quote]

Yeah, I've been wanting to pick one of those suckers up for a long time, but always too expensive. And by now.. I didn't even bother to check the prices because it's been so long I just don't care.

[quote name='damack']For the list: Final Fantasy Origins (PS1) $14.99[/quote]

That's the price everywhere now. BB stores in my area recently got a shipment of half a dozen per store at that price. I think I'll hold out for the GBA version. It feels more appropriate to play NES remakes on that system.

I was lucky enough to get all the games i wanted

monkey ball gc -10
deus ex xbox- 10
sphinx xbox-6.50
otogi xbox-15
beyond good and evil xbox- 10

also my tru had little signs on some of the games that were 50% and harvest moon gc had a sign in front of it. i didnt get it though cause i think its the worst version in the series.

Does anyone know where's a good place to upload images? I want to upload what I got at TRU. Geocities sucks IMO for this kinda of thing.

I need a new DVD shelf now because I am officially full in the shelf I have... curse you, CAG for making me both poor AND ruining my Feng Shui... :twisted:

Ring of Red $6.24 (PS2) (Couldn't find a sealed copy anywhere for a long time)

Phantasy Star online Vol2 (DC) $10 (I'll take it back )

Reality's Fringe said:
I cannot stress the fact that you guys NEED TO ASK IF THEY HAVE ANY IN THE STOCKROOM. This is one of those bizzare ass cases where the store actually doesn't put out things to sell. I'm thankful for my TRU, because no one ever goes there. I was the only person in the games section the 3 times I went. If you guys don't have that luxury, make sure you have an employee check. I also noted that the lists the individual stores received only shows the sale games that they HAVE IN STOCK. If you see Paper Mario etc on the list, but don't see it on the floor, it has to be around somewhere(unless of course, they sold it before you got there). I hope this helps some CAGs find those elusive "backroom games".

I put four games on the list for them to look for in a stockroom. After 10 minutes lady came out with Front mission 3. Thanks . It worked!

My list:

MvC 2
Ikaruga
GGX2
Evolution Worlds
Phantasy Star Collection
Beach Spikers
Shenmue 2
Deus Ex 2
Exhibition volume 2

Not on the list:
A SHITLOAD of Mario Tennis (n64) $14.99
D2 (DC) $12.50
Capcom v SNK (DC) $12.50

Dave Olson

I don't think the deal applies to canada. I'm not exactly positive, but i phoned one up and sh3 had no change in price. i'm still gonna go pick up a game tomorrow and see if there's a discount. if not, then so be it.

oes anyone know if the PS One w/ LCD SCreen is 50% off? The stupid bitch behind the counter wouldn't ring it up, she just did a price inquiry, and it rang up 149.99 but it said promo on it too.

Just came back w/ 3 Disgaea's and I'm still pissed off. I was going to buy 5 and the cashier told me that there's a STATE LAW that prohibits anyone from buying more than 3 copies of a game, so I asked to see the manager and before the manager could speak, the cashier told him what's up and he basically just repeated what the cashier said. A $%#king "State Law"..... Now I'm going to make that douchebag manager pay by complaining to their corporate office. I already called customer service and someone from the corporate should be giving me a call within 2 days.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Just came back w/ 3 Disgaea's and I'm still pissed off. I was going to buy 5 and the cashier told me that there's a STATE LAW that prohibits anyone from buying more than 3 copies of a game, so I asked to see the manager and before the manager could speak, the cashier told him what's up and he basically just repeated what the cashier said. A $%#king "State Law"..... Now I'm going to make that douchebag manager pay by complaining to their corporate office. I already called customer service and someone from the corporate should be giving me a call within 2 days.[/quote]

Do you really need 5 Disgaeas?

I should have my sister go in there and buy 5 of some other game and see if they sell them to her...if they do, then that should be discrimination.

[quote name='tyrant5911']Anyone know if those LCD screens for Xbox,PS2, or GameCube are for sale?[/quote]

I think (98%:D) the Xbox Screen is 50%

[quote name='gameguy22006']The prices that they have listed by their games aren't accurate. Sphinx was listed as 19.99 but it rung up as 12.99. (then of course from the sale it was 6.50)[/quote]

Did I get screwed by buying PS2 Sphinx (no shirt) for $12.99? What can I do about this? If I took it back with the receipt, would they refund the difference? Thanks for any advice/help.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Just came back w/ 3 Disgaea's and I'm still pissed off. I was going to buy 5 and the cashier told me that there's a STATE LAW that prohibits anyone from buying more than 3 copies of a game, so I asked to see the manager and before the manager could speak, the cashier told him what's up and he basically just repeated what the cashier said. A $%#king "State Law"..... Now I'm going to make that douchebag manager pay by complaining to their corporate office. I already called customer service and someone from the corporate should be giving me a call within 2 days.[/quote]

why do you need 5?

For trade, or to collect.

But its the principle of the thing....who the hell in their right mind makes a law stating some crap like that....If a homely mom came in there and picked up 5 of the same game, do you think they'll give her a problem...? I don't think so.

Actually, any retail store has the right to limit purchase quantities - for obvious reasons. One guy came into my TRU a couple of weeks ago and wanted to buy all 25 PS2s we had in stock with cash, but the store manager limited him to three.

You should've just bought what was there, then come back even an hour later or the next day, or send someone else in, after the remaining stock. Cooler heads will prevail, and what not.

-Hoshi

Man, this thread is really making some people look bad. Sorry, I couldn't hold it in anymore. Regardless, thanks to the people who have been helping out and reporting prices and such, may everyone get what they're looking for, respectively.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']For trade, or to collect.[/quote]

Or ebay......maybe. But having three copies of Disgaea and not five is not a reason to be pissed off. Be happy you have three, most have zip. If you really want 5 wait for a day and go back the next.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='gameguy22006']The prices that they have listed by their games aren't accurate. Sphinx was listed as 19.99 but it rung up as 12.99. (then of course from the sale it was 6.50)[/quote]

Did I get screwed by buying PS2 Sphinx (no shirt) for $12.99? What can I do about this? If I took it back with the receipt, would they refund the difference? Thanks for any advice/help.[/quote]

I bought Guilty Gear X2 a month ago at my local TRU for $30. Brought it back they readjusted the price to $15. It states "45 days of the original purchase date".

[quote name='KingNES']Anyone who has the arc collection please let me know, I will trade nicely for it or outright buy it, if someone wants to sell it at cost ill gladly pay you for your time and will give extras generously as well.[/quote]

Pmd

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil']For trade, or to collect.[/quote]

Or ebay......maybe. But having three copies of Disgaea and not five is not a reason to be pissed off. Be happy you have three, most have zip. If you really want 5 wait for a day and go back the next.[/quote]

I think you would be pissed off too if you drove over 2 hours to get to that TRU because its the only one that has them. Its 80 miles away but road construction traffic is a bitch.

Well if your looking to trade those extra Disgaeas let me\others know. I've been looking for it for awhile here and nobody has it for less then $50.

Did anyone actually purchase a Xbox for $75? Mind posting a full scan of the receipt? I'd like to try and price match it. Im sure it won't work but what the hell.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']I think you would be pissed off too if you drove over 2 hours to get to that TRU because its the only one that has them. Its 80 miles away but road construction traffic is a bitch.[/quote]

I don't think anyone would be pissed about getting 3 Disgaeas. Quit your bitching, most people didn't get 1 Disgaea and you don't see them complaining about it.

[quote name='ChronoBreak']Well if your looking to trade those extra Disgaeas let me\others know. I've been looking for it for awhile here and nobody has it for less then $50.[/quote]

I have it for 45 :D

Time for a mini-faq, so less of these questions get asked.

First, this sale did not leak out early. TRU started the sale Thursday and didn't have the supplies in stores yet. They scheduled stores to start putting up the clerance signs August 22nd, but since there are thousands of items each area had a scheduled week to put the signs up. R-zone was the 3rd week I believe, but an e-mail was sent out saying all stores should start advertising in R-zone on Saturday. Some stores have gotten the green clearance tags in but most won't have them until this week. Thats why the games don't have green clearance tags on them yet.

Some games are under two different SKN numbers. TRU started putting stickered UPCs on the back of some games. For example, the older Devil May Crys will ring up at 50% off. The newer ones stores have gotten have a sticker UPC over the original UPC and will not ring 50% off.

Everything in the store will have Promo on it when you ring it up, so yout can't go by it saying promo at the register. There's currently a promo where if you buy $25 worth of stuff you can get a t-shirt, hat, or sandals for $1.99. If you ring it at a price checked that promo will come up and if its on sale a 50% off fall clearance will come up too.

The black GBA is not on sale. It's still an active item and the main warehouse has tons of them. The free game promotion is supposed to help clear these out.

The very, very old systems are on sale. The Zelda Gamecube Bundles are $50(Ok so this one isn't that old). The PS2 $230 bundle with ATV Offroad Fury and Jak and Daxter is $115 on sale(old model PS2). The other bundle with Jak/Daxter and Ratchet/Clank is not on sale(has new model PS2). The X-box system with Jet Set Radio Future and the very first X-box system with the huge controllers are $75 each.

There could be a small restock of games. It looks like the warehouse doesn't really have anything except a few pieces of some of the games, so perhaps some stores will receive one or two more pieces of certain titles. None of the games are on order since they are discontinued though so this is mainly it.

The system will recognize the free offers such as the sphinx shirt. If the store still has the shirts, just have them ring both together and it will come up as free after they hit total. Other free deals are: a free Spy Hunter model car with Spy Hunter, free tony hawk lithograph with tony hawk underground, free true crime rc car with true crime, free brute force demo disk with xbox system, and a free jak2, ratchet and clank, or princce of persia demo disk with ps2 system.

DDR Max 2, GBA Fairly odd parents, GC Fairly odd Parents, and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando rang up on sale incorrectly. It has since been fixed.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='tyrant5911']Anyone know if those LCD screens for Xbox,PS2, or GameCube are for sale?[/quote]

I think (98%:D) the Xbox Screen is 50%[/quote]

Only the Xbox? I think I might head back and buy one of those :lol:

[quote name='tyrant5911'][quote name='masha'][quote name='tyrant5911']Anyone know if those LCD screens for Xbox,PS2, or GameCube are for sale?[/quote]

I think (98%:D) the Xbox Screen is 50%[/quote]

Only the Xbox? I think I might head back and buy one of those :lol:[/quote]

I didn't scan PS2 or Cube . I like to play on a big Plasma screen :roll:

The PS2 and GC LCD Screens are in the R-zone ad for this month. Until the 28th they are $100(regularly $140 gamecube and $150 PS2). I can't believe the Sony brand PS One LCD Screens are still $130. Our store and many others are swamped with them. We haven't sold one all year.

bread's done
Back