*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']
Yeah I tried to buy Ratchet and Clank today and it came out to $40.

So can I go back tomarrow and it will be $20??[/quote]

No. It was $20, but the price was "corrected" to $40, and will stay there until an official price drop.

-Hoshi

[quote name='hoshi']

No. It was $20, but the price was "corrected" to $40, and will stay there until an official price drop.

-Hoshi[/quote]

Thats not what I wanted to hear but thanks.

Look..I'm going to make this clear: I'm not mad at the fact that they sold me only 3, but I'm mad that they LIED to me. A STORE MANAGER lied to me. It might be okay for you because you're used to it, but that kind of stuff doesn't run well with me. I've had enough from companies BSing consumers, whether its a rebate or a policy.

PLEASE somebody let me know if Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is in the sale. Also, how much are they? XII also. ALL FOR XBOX. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='dafoomie']
Do many Toys R Us's still have games for old systems, or is this a very YMMV thing? Like Saturn/Genesis/etc, not 64 or PS1.[/quote]

I haven't seen Saturn games in TRU for close to 5 years. By the strange chance someone can find the system though it should be $15 or less since I bought my Saturn from TRU for $29.99 years ago.

I have seen Gamegear games in a few stores and a few Genesis games in some stores.

Let's see... I managed to pick up:

2x Bust-A-Move 3000 GC
3x Front Mission 3 PS1
2x Ikaruga GC
MVC2 XB
Wild Arms 3 PS2
Disgaea PS2
BOF: DQ PS2
DDRMAX2 PS2 (before they changed the price...)
Wario World GC
XIII GC
THUG GC
P.N.03 GC

I can confirm there are no more copies of Rez or Disgaea in the Rochester/Buffalo area. I went to all 6 of them in the past couple days. I worked my ass off to get this haul. I also picked up some .01 guides at one store and got the old can't sell them schpiel at another.

The good news is the I saw a bunch of that KOF game for PS2, one more copy of FM3, a bunch of Icaruga, and some other odds and ends.

Some jerkwad went in to the store near Bills Stadium and bought 70 games. If you're reading this, FU. There really is no excuse for that. The dude behind the desk at this particular location was like, "He saved over $500!" Then I said, "And he'll make twice that on eBay..." Bastards.

Also, I looked for consoles at every single store, and there were none of the 50% ones at any of the locales.

THE AFFORMENTIONED GAMES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR TRADES AT THIS TIME.

BTW, I've gotten like 10 different stories on the .01 guides from employees who I've talked to. I would really like a definitive answer from someone, if anyone knows. One guy told me they have to shred them, but they don't have a shredder so they throw them out. Either way I couldn't buy them. Then the manager said they have to send them back to the maufacturer. At another store, the girl at the counter said I could buy any of the loose ones, but the bundled cellophaned packs of like 6 or 8 I couldn't buy because they send those back for credit. Ok, so that's 4 different stories. Sue me...

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Can anyone comfirm that DDR Max 2 and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando are going back to their normal price?[/quote]

From what's been posted, it seems they have. A CAG who sounds to be an employee also stated it as such a few pages back.

See, that's what I hate most: hoarders... asses who won't even PLAY the games and buy them up in mass quantities so they can look uber kewl on Ebay... I enjoy the hunt just as much as everyone else, but some people really know how to take the fun out of it...

I checked for the $50 zelda gamecube at mine, no luck.

My TRU sucks, they don't have the games out OR even the little tickets, I had to ask for each game in the back I wanted and their employees were incompetant.

I did get PoP(Xbox) though.

[quote name='Hellacious']I got a XBOX for $75 with star wars and tetris worlds. Very Very YMMV, I got the last one. I don't have a scanner otherwise I would be more than happy to scan the receipt for you, Wario. Sorry, Man.[/quote]

At least I know there are $75 Xbox's, don't think anyone actually gotten one. I'll be calling some TRU's tomorrow then, doubt I'll find one but it's worth a shot

[quote name='Trakan']PLEASE somebody let me know if Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is in the sale. Also, how much are they? XIII also. ALL FOR XBOX. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]XIII XB is $10 after the sale

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Can anyone comfirm that DDR Max 2 and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando are going back to their normal price?[/quote]

Doesn't really answer your question, but I got the game on Friday for $19.99 and I noticed there was about 4-5 copies left. I went back to the same location on Saturday morning and the copies were all gone. I don't know if there were all sold out or taken off the shelves by employees, but it seemed pretty suspicious

[quote name='HaloGuardian']I checked for the $50 zelda gamecube at mine, no luck.

My TRU sucks, they don't have the games out OR even the little tickets, I had to ask for each game in the back I wanted and their employees were incompetant.

I did get PoP(Xbox) though.[/quote]

God, the days of the TRU tickets... either you'd have the ticket, and they wouldn't have the game... or they had the game and didn't have the ticket (so you were unaware)...

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='HaloGuardian']I checked for the $50 zelda gamecube at mine, no luck.

God, the days of the TRU tickets... either you'd have the ticket, and they wouldn't have the game... or they had the game and didn't have the ticket (so you were unaware)...[/quote]

Damn, I remember those days, so very long ago. And yes, I remember that "have one, don't have the other" problem they always had.

If someone gets Wario World and wants to trade that and something else I have:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 X box
Arc the LAd Collection

Both sealed

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='HaloGuardian']I checked for the $50 zelda gamecube at mine, no luck.

God, the days of the TRU tickets... either you'd have the ticket, and they wouldn't have the game... or they had the game and didn't have the ticket (so you were unaware)...[/quote]

Apparently, Tallahassee is a blast from the past. That's how it's always been here.

Here is my bounty so far, (added a few from last time)

box21.JPG

XIII (GC) @ 9.99
Sphinx (GC) @ 6.75
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) @ 9.99
Virtua Tennis (DC) @ 2.50 (fixed)
2x Paper Mario (N64) @ 4.99
4x 3rd party DC controller @ 1.04
4x 3rd party DC memory @ 1.04

I hope to pick up Disgaea tomorrow and check if the $230 ps2 pack is working at my TRU (assuming its still there).for 115. I suppose I can try to pick something up if anyone wants anything? (don't think any more paper mario's will be found though) Also I will ask if the TRU by my house has any really old games in the stockroom to see if I can find any.

[quote name='kealist']Here is my bounty so far, (added a few from last time)

box21.JPG

XIII (GC) @ 9.99
Sphinx (GC) @ 6.75
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) @ 9.99
Virtua Tennis (DC) @ 4.99
2x Paper Mario (N64) @ 4.99
4x 3rd party DC controller @ 1.04
4x 3rd party DC memory @ 1.04

I hope to pick up Disgaea tomorrow and check if the $230 ps2 pack is working at my TRU (assuming its still there).for 115. I suppose I can try to pick something up if anyone wants anything? (don't think any more paper mario's will be found though) Also I will ask if the TRU by my house has any really old games in the stockroom to see if I can find any.[/quote]

Great finds... congratulations for your luck! :D

and since nobody asked here are some PC titles half off...sorry no prices

Unreal Gold
Daikatana
Serious Sam 2
No One Lives Forever 1,2
Aliens vs Predator Gold
Ghost Recon Desert Siege
Red Faction 2
Diablo
Monopoly
Starcraft Hybird
Rayman 2
Need For Speed 2,3
Tony Hawk 3
Freedom Force
NBA Live 01
SimCity 4
Sims Makin Magic
Railroad Tycoon 3
Jurassic Park Genesis
Delta Force 2
Crazy Taxi
WWE Raw
Sims Online
ORB
Empire Earth
C&C Zero Hour
Star Trek Bridge Commander
Desert Storm
Star Wars Jedi Outcast 2
Stronghold Crusader
Hobbit
C&C Generals
Jane's Attack Squadron
Warcraft 3 Expansion Frozen Throne
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Medal of Honor Team Assault
Everquest Planes of Power
Age of Empires 2
LOTR ROTK
C&C Red Alert v2
Tropico
Pearl Harbor
Homeworld 2
The Fallen
C&C Yuri's Revenge
Magic: the Gathering
Civ 3 GOTY
Enter the Matrix
Tactical Ops
Unreal Tournament 2K3
GTA 2,3,Vice City

plus tons of preschool software

[quote name='zephyr.prime']Some of the educational software is halfprice also? I'd be really interested in that.[/quote]

I'll be the first to ask... sarcastic, or not-so-sarcastic?

Here's my take so far from the TRU in Orange, CT
n.jpg

I passed up on Sphinx for GC and The Sims for Xbox. There were also a couple of Crimson Skies left as well as a handful of MGS2: Substance. Great deals all together but I'm sure going to miss TRU.

Might as well throw my 2 cents in....

Headed to the TRU in Parkersburg, WV Saturday afternoon. They had labels on the 50% off games, saying "50% off - this title only". Anyways, I picked up...

Typing of the Dead - DC
Gauntlet Legends - DC
Jet Grind Radio (to replace the other copy I lost) - DC
Silent Hill 3 - PS2
True Crime: Streets of LA - GC
Onimusha Tactics - GBA

Came to 40 something. Not too bad. I might go check it out again in the next couple of days.

I have to say I'm jealous of the "Paper Mario" person.
Think you might be able to find any extra? ;-)
Ok here's the deal. Mario Kart: Double Dash was not ringing up at $25 at ALL at my TRU.
Well my finds are as follows: "Boxing Fever", SC, Spyhunter(with promo car! :D ), Tao Fang, Onimusha Tactics(without game for some reason! X-( (will be corrected!)), VF4 Evo, Virtua Tennis, Haven, Typing Of the Dead and Sega Bass Fishing(has anyone seen Death Crimson OX at any of their TRU's?).
I was talking to a TRU person and they said there are only 15 Arc the Lad Collections in the ENTIRE TRU system!
Has anyone seen "Wario World" around btw?

Folks? If someone can pick me up an X-Box combo (The one for $75), I'll paypal that amount + shipping on the 26th. I'm picking up an x-Box then -anyway-, so...

If not, I'll hope the hour away TRU has it.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but ribbit king for gc is in the list on the first page, but it isn't actually in the sale. At least it wasn't at my TRU (lafayette, la). Everything else seemed fine. Good luck everybody!

I'm thinking of going to a couple TRUs in MN tomorrow. Has anyone cleaned them out yet? I'm looking to get sealed, complete copies of Paper Mario, FFT, and a few others. A $75 Xbox would be nice as well.

Are all PS1 games marked down 50% or just specific ones? OP mentions that older systems are all marked down 50% but mentions Dreamcast and N64.

[quote name='jetsetradio21']Here's my take so far from the TRU in Orange, CT
n.jpg

I passed up on Sphinx for GC and The Sims for Xbox. There were also a couple of Crimson Skies left as well as a handful of MGS2: Substance. Great deals all together but I'm sure going to miss TRU.[/quote]

Hey, jetsetradio21, you have lovely bed sheets...:wink:

Wow, you are so lucky! I can't find Fatal Frame anywhere!...

I also passed on Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, but for the Xbox. Was that a mistake?...

Hey Reality's Fringe, weren't you the one who said you could pick up a non-GH FF 7? If you got it, you friggin' rock with all those copies of Rez too!

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm thinking of going to a couple TRUs in MN tomorrow. Has anyone cleaned them out yet? I'm looking to get sealed, complete copies of Paper Mario, FFT, and a few others. A $75 Xbox would be nice as well.[/quote]

Minnetonka had FFT but that's about it from that list of stuff your looking for.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I also passed on Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, but for the Xbox. Was that a mistake?...[/color][/quote]

For $6.50 with a free t-shirt, yeah it was.

It's not a bad game. Very "Zelda" like.

Another good game deal from Cheapassgamer.com
Here's my haul:
- Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox) - $15
- Otogi (Xbox) - $15
- Crimson Skies (Xbox) - $15
- Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) - $15
- Ikaruga (GCN) - $20
- Medal of Honor: Frontline (GCN) - $10

Saved TONS of money!

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='SEGA128DC']I also passed on Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, but for the Xbox. Was that a mistake?...[/color][/quote]

For $6.50 with a free t-shirt, yeah it was.

It's not a bad game. Very "Zelda" like.[/quote]

That's why I got my copy...for $6.50, it was something I couldn't pass up.

So far my take over the weekend:

Secret Weapons Over Normandy XBOX
Wreckless XBOX (Non-PH)
Jurassic Park: Operations Genesis XBOX
Dynasty Warriors 3 XBOX
Silent HIll 3 PS2
Sphinx XBOX
Grabbed by the Ghoulies XBOX (Non-PH)
The Sims XBOX (Non-PH)
Unreal Championship XBOX (Non-PH)

MY TRU was largely untouched when I went on Friday evening and Saturday morning. I didn't get a chance to go yesterday but I'll hit it again today at lunch to see if they have any of the new titles on the list. And for the record, they didn't have Midtown Madness or Midnight Club II, bummer...

Jeremy

bread's done
Back