*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='BigLebowski'][quote name='Ziddy'][quote name='MightySlacker']Can anyone else confirm Skygunner before I drag my happy ass down there?

Dave[/quote]

I'm almost sure I got extremely lucky. This game is like 2-3 years old. :\ I doubt any other Toys R US would still have it. =(

EbGames has it for 12~Ish dollars used.[/quote]

I can confirm it. I got it on Monday at my local Geoffrey's Store.[/quote]

Was it $5?? I picked this up Friday and it was $25... but it was in the buy 1 get 1 free bin so I got 2 copies for essentially $12.50 each. Still... if I could get 2 copies for $5...

Just a reminder: Super Monkey Ball is no longer part of the sale. (Though, if you see a green tag on it at the store, do jump on it. It's well worth that $10.)

-Hoshi

Well, I'm going back to TRU, today. It'll be my 4th trip to the toy store. I think, I can get 2 or 3 more Xbox games, before the big sale on Sunday...:D

I hope SSX 3 (XB) is still $10...[-o

That sucks. I missed out on POP and RAC Going Commando. Oh well. Yesterday I picked up WWE Raw 2 and Beyond Good and Evil. The clerk at the counter was such an ass though. He wouldn't price check Splashdow Riders Gone Wild because it didn't have a "green tag". I didn't feel like arguing, so I decided to just leave. On a side not, I plan on going today to pick up KOF 2000/2001, PN03, Secret Weapons, and Blinx.

Games I found yesterday that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Rayman 3 (X Box) $9.99
Mace Griffin (X-Box) $9.99
Winback (PS2) $12.45

I've got to try to return Winback, though -- when I opened it, the manual was gone, and someone had replaced the game disc with a scratched-to-hell CDR of some sort. The game looked perfectly new from the outside - it was sealed and had the security sticker on top and everything. How the heck am I going to convince TRU that I'm not making this up?

I didn't see it in the last few pages, but the Morse Rd. Toys R Us in Columbus, OH had older versions of the XBox live kit half off (the one that game with moto gp I think) and XBox LCD screens for $85.

[quote name='mdm'][quote name='Kain Vincent']I saw at least 3-4 copies of Front Mission 3 for $20 at my local TRU. It doesn't seem to be selling at all.[/quote]

Which location? God I envy you so much...[/quote]

The TRU on Armingo Ave. If you live in Philadelphia, PA , it will be near a Blockbuster and an Acme.

[quote name='Nnumber6']Kain Vincent, did you get your Silent Hill 3 for half off? I just bought mine today too, around 830 pm, and the system didn't mark it down. The first page of this post mentions SH3 is no longer on sale, so if you got yours half off, how'd that happen?[/quote]

It was no problem, I brought the game up to the register, the clerk rung it up and it was $10 (Total). Maybe my local TRU forgot to change it back.

I think I'm officially finished with this sale (out of money). Thanks to the OP. My TRU haul:

Midnight Club 2 (Xbox) - $10
MGS2: Substance (Xbox) - $7.50
Starsky and Hutch (Xbox) - $5
LotR: The Two Towers (GCN) - $10
LotR: Return of the King (PC) - $10
Glacier GBA - $35
GBA Mega Accessory Pack - $7.50
Double Dragon (GBA) - $15
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) - $10
Virtua Tennis (GBA) - $5

[quote name='Delta']Don't get BG&E. It's overrated.[/quote]

Don't take just Delta's word on BG&E. If he actually believes that BG&E is overated and not worth a purchase at it's drastically reduced price, he doesn't have much taste in games.

Considering the rest of the game playing world in conjuction with the game media has only resoundingly positive things to say about the game, I'd guess that you'll be happy with your purchase.

[quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm Manhunt Xbox? Thanks

[quote name='kencag8283']That sucks. I missed out on POP and RAC Going Commando. Oh well. Yesterday I picked up WWE Raw 2 and Beyond Good and Evil. The clerk at the counter was such an ass though. He wouldn't price check Splashdow Riders Gone Wild because it didn't have a "green tag". I didn't feel like arguing, so I decided to just leave. On a side not, I plan on going today to pick up KOF 2000/2001, PN03, Secret Weapons, and Blinx.[/quote]

When they do that shit, act like you want it and get them to ring it up. If it's not the price you want, just say, "Nevermind..."

If they want to be pissy, give them a reason.

[quote name='bsesb2003'][quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm Manhunt Xbox? Thanks[/quote]

Yeah, has anyone else got Manhunt XBOX for 15?

man, of course I just had to charge up $2,500 on my credit card for computer hardware and tuition/books. Why is it that I always seem to be on the tail end of these sales where nothing good is left?

Quick tip, double check the pricing on the green stickers. I picked up PS2 Wild Arms 3 today for $7.50. The green sticker was $14.99, and the guy working the register said it was supposed to be marked $29.99 on the sticker to ring up at $14.99, but he'd honor the mistake.

This was at the Sawmill Rd. location in Columbus, OH. The only other possible mis-label I could find was one copy of Wallace & Grommit (sp?) for PS2 had a green sticker of $19.99, so they should manually key it at $10.

[quote name='redline']I think I'm officially finished with this sale (out of money). Thanks to the OP. My TRU haul:

Midnight Club 2 (Xbox) - $10
MGS2: Substance (Xbox) - $7.50
Starsky and Hutch (Xbox) - $5
LotR: The Two Towers (GCN) - $10
LotR: Return of the King (PC) - $10
Glacier GBA - $35
GBA Mega Accessory Pack - $7.50
Double Dragon (GBA) - $15
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) - $10
Virtua Tennis (GBA) - $5[/quote]

Midnight Club 2 is $10?!

must.. resist..

[quote name='sarkenobi']If any of you guys bought Fatal Frame for the Xbox for $25, you can return to your local TRU and get a $5 refund since it went down $10 in price. I bought it from the sale before the price went down and heard from this thread about the price drop. I went to my friendly, local TRU and mentioned the price drop. I got $5 back. It is CONFIRMED, so run, don't walk to your nearest TRU (I bought Fatal Frame from a different TRU than the one I went to get my mini rebate from) and get that $5! Because $5 really is $5.

I wanted to pick up another xbox controller, are there any under the 50% off sale? Plus the manager at the first TRU I went to on Wednesday refused to let me have any penny guides cause they were going back. I was like, nooo they are gonna shred them! Some employees at TRU are just hyprocrites, there was like HUNDREDS of guides out on a big rack nex to the game aisles that were beat the hell up. I would have taken them for a penny if the manager let me have them, PFFT.[/quote]

I'll concur on this one, though when the person at the counter did my price match, they couldn't do it right in the computer, and ended up giving me $10 back. :shock:

Links 2004 for the XBox is another game that needs to have PM done for it, as I picked it up yesterday for $10, 50% off of $20. If anyone picked it up for $15, you should get your PM on for that game. Rygar for the PS/2 is in the same boat, dropped $10 to $19.99, which would be $5 PM goodness there.

I just called up my TRU (Wesminster, COLO), and the guy I talked to said he got a new list today and was starting to tag some more games. Ill try to see if I can get the list and post it here, though im doubtful.

BTW, has anyone found an X-BOX for $75?

I'm going after dinner, and I will check on some games like manhunt, but I did ask if X-Box was $75, but they said it was a mistake and took it off of the deal...

Well, I just got a check in the mail that I wasn't expecting for 2 more weeks. So I went back out again.

Age of Empires 2 for PC is ringing up at $13.49 (I don't think a price had been listed yet). The other six I got are already on the list.

[quote name='carldisc'][quote name='bsesb2003'][quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm Manhunt Xbox? Thanks[/quote]

Yeah, has anyone else got Manhunt XBOX for 15?[/quote]

No, I got it today for 30. I'm not sure what was meant by "the salesperson had to override the price," but I suspect the salesperson was talked into it.

[quote name='waxHead']yesterday I picked up:

Sly Cooper (PS 2, NON-GH) - $10 :D[/quote]

::twitch::

I will be good... I will stay in my house... I will not spend any more money....

I will go to another Toys'R'Us tomorrow to buy more games...

To all who requested games, i was able to find most of them, except REZ of course. i'm dead tired and i have to go to work, expect pics and PMs when i get home (around 1a EST)/

If they really really wont price check a game, just buy it, but when they say how much for you to pay, nothing is keeping you from changing your mind right there...

I stopped at TRS this afternoon to check prices on Manhunt and Conflict Desert Storm Part 2. Manhunt didn't have a green sticker but I bought it at a ring up price of $30. I suspect the person who got it for $15 lucked out, but more power to him or her. They didn't have Conflict Desert Storm Part 2 so I'll check some other TRS stores for that one. If anyone else gets Manhunt for $15 please let me know. Also, if anyone can get a price check on the Desert Storm game, I am interested in that as well. Please email me regarding prices on these two games. Thanks and happy gaming to all.... :D

"Oh, and has anybody noticed the flood of newbies (yes I don't have many posts.....shutup) coming in?"
i registered for this deal, yes
to the gentleman who got skygunner. what happened? i bought that earlier this week for $25 -- i was happy until i heard someone got it for $5!
lol @ myself
did they do something funny on the register? or did it total like the rest of these deals? thanks in advance!

edit: so my question isn't a total waste of space -- pc games
(humongous box) dragon's lair I & II + space ace - $4.xx
dragon's lair 3d - $4.xx
everquest planes of power w/figure - $4.xx
star wars starfighter - $9.xx

Masterkyo -

Is that for the xbox version? I just checked several online sites (ebgames, gamestop, and best buy). They all list the xbox version for $29.99.

[quote name='booo']"Oh, and has anybody noticed the flood of newbies (yes I don't have many posts.....shutup) coming in?"
i registered for this deal, yes
to the gentleman who got skygunner. what happened? i bought that earlier this week for $25 -- i was happy until i heard someone got it for $5!
lol @ myself
did they do something funny on the register? or did it total like the rest of these deals? thanks in advance!

edit: so my question isn't a total waste of space -- pc games
(humongous box) dragon's lair I & II + space ace - $4.xx
dragon's lair 3d - $4.xx
everquest planes of power w/figure - $4.xx
star wars starfighter - $9.xx[/quote]

I went to TRU today and checked Skygunner again $25. $5 is a steal !

I went to a third TRU in my local area (SE Wisconsin) looking for MK:DA, and they didn't have it, but when I asked the guy, he said they might be restocking some games. He said 10 copies of Eternal Darkness sold on the first day like last Saturday, and today 30 more copies came in, I was like wow, but I guess they could have just been in the back, but I doubt it.

My take from 3 TRU. (all xbox)
1. SWAT
2. Beyond good & evil
3. Crazy Taxi 3
4. Timesplitters 2
5. SSX 3 (trading for Metal Arms)
6. Bionicle
7. Chase
8. Dues Ex
9. Fatal Frame
10. Freaky Flyers
11. Gun Metal
12. Seablade
13. Sims
14. Sphinx
15. Spy Hunter
16. Unreal tournament
17. XIII
I also picked up a extra copy of Beyond good & evil to trade. The TRU had alot of copies so if anybody is looking for anything let me know.

My TRU (Ferguson, MO) was almost bare of all the good stuff but I did manage to get...

Mark of Kri-$7.50
MGS2-$7.50
KOTOR (non greatest hits)-$20.00

KOTOR isn't part of the deal but you won't fid a new non GH for any less. All in all a good haul. I went in there with a list and the guy was like man you got good taste but you won't find much here. We got to talking about games and such and kinda hated on Madden 2k5 funny thing is that he tried to sell me a preorder of after we got done talkin. oh btw they had a Xbox Live kit w/Crimson Skies for $70 is it a deal? I think it's a rip off so I didn't get but I can go back if it's worht it.

[quote name='el bobo']I'm going after dinner, and I will check on some games like manhunt, but I did ask if X-Box was $75, but they said it was a mistake and took it off of the deal...[/quote]

Darn. Oh well.

I checked the TRU in Lafayette, IN, today, and they had a lot of games on the list. I saw games like Arc The Lad Collection, but I already had it.

Anyway, I got:
-Street Fighter EX3
-CIMA: The Enemy
-Gigawing (been looking for this game forever)

I've been lurking for a while, so this is my first post. I'm a shaq-fuing cag-er from the Metro detroit area.

Anyway, after two trips to TRU I've snagged:

XBox -
Voodoo Vince - $10
PoP - $10
Sphinx - $7.50

PS2 -
Suikoden III - $15

So, for $43 I got all that stuff. I was pretty happy. I've had my eye on Voodoo Vince for a while, so I was happy to get that one. I'm most excited about Suikoden, though. I didn't think that one was on the list but thougth "what the hell" and it rang up half off. I really wanted Wario World and would have grabbed Disgaea, but no luck.

That was about a week ago, then today i went back and they didn't have much that i was interested in. after i rang up and paid i noticed unlimited saga, but was too lazy to go back and get it.

Well, I didn't see manhunt or Socom with a headset, but I got
Capcom Vs Snk 2
Guilty Gear X2
Both for ps2
Both for $25

"Xbox Live kit w/Crimson Skies for $70" = reg. price

also, has anyone noticed Suikoden III at any SE MI TRU's? Actually, anywhere else for that matter? I'm really enjoying the book, and im curious on how the game is

I couldn't resist: I went back.

This time I got a damned fine haul. I picked up:

Two indigio GC controllers ($12.50 each)
Bloodrayne (GC): $7.50
Mojo (PS2): $5.00
Rez (PS2): $12.50 (Last copy!)
MVC2 (XBX): $20.00 (Also last copy)

As I was paying, this guy pointed at me and said, "Didn't I see you in here the other day? You asked for Dreamcast games?" I told him I had, but the woman I'd talked to said that there weren't any. "She was wrong," he said - "I've got two boxes full." So he hauled out said boxes and let me have a look.

I now know that I can get a very hefty assortment of Dreamcast games, all of which appear to be on the 50% list. I bought:

Bust-a-Move 4: $4.90
Phantasy Star Online ver 1: $4.90
Bomberman Online: $7.49
Street Fighter Alpha 3: $4.95 (call this one luck)

Other games that they have (NOT a full list):

Record of Lodoss War
Phantasy Star Online ver 2
Rayman 2
Evil Dead
Sega Rally 2
Samba de Amigo (no maracas, damn)
Typing of the Dead
Grandia 2 (packaging damaged, though)
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix
Outrigger
Every DC sports game ever

I am a happy man tonight. Happy and poor.

[quote name='swick']I couldn't resist: I went back.

This time I got a damned fine haul. I picked up:

Two indigio GC controllers ($12.50 each)
Bloodrayne (GC): $7.50
Mojo (PS2): $5.00
Rez (PS2): $12.50 (Last copy!)
MVC2 (XBX): $20.00 (Also last copy)

As I was paying, this guy pointed at me and said, "Didn't I see you in here the other day? You asked for Dreamcast games?" I told him I had, but the woman I'd talked to said that there weren't any. "She was wrong," he said - "I've got two boxes full." So he hauled out said boxes and let me have a look.

I now know that I can get a very hefty assortment of Dreamcast games, all of which appear to be on the 50% list. I bought:

Bust-a-Move 4: $4.90
Phantasy Star Online ver 1: $4.90
Bomberman Online: $7.49
Street Fighter Alpha 3: $4.95 (call this one luck)

Other games that they have (NOT a full list):

Record of Lodoss War
Phantasy Star Online ver 2
Rayman 2
Evil Dead
Sega Rally 2
Samba de Amigo (no maracas, damn)
Typing of the Dead
Grandia 2 (packaging damaged, though)
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix
Outrigger
Every DC sports game ever

I am a happy man tonight. Happy and poor.[/quote]

=P~ Nice Haul...

What was the price for Mars Matrix?...And did they have any Power Stone?

bread's done
Back