OldSchool's former Sale/Trade list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't rented from Redbox yet. The only thing that turns me off is/was the selection isn't all that great from what I've seen, AND the late fees if I don't get it back in time.

[quote name='skinkrawl']I think he can scratch between cut scenes, so he should be ok.[/QUOTE]
i missed this. wtf? how'd i get a rash, lol?

[quote name='sdragon']Haven't rented from Redbox yet. The only thing that turns me off is/was the selection isn't all that great from what I've seen, AND the late fees if I don't get it back in time.[/QUOTE]
yeah, 2$ a day adds up fast. i'd only use it to see if a new game is worth spending full price on, otherwise, gamefly is a way better deal to beat short games.

friendly return bump!

Glad to know you recovered! The flu is definitely no fun to get, but it sounds like you fought it off quickly. I remember sometimes having the flu for weeks...

evening bump!

Gah, I always get nervous before a new semester starts. I have nothing to worry about, and yet I always start having nightmares where I fail various exams...

[quote name='skinkrawl']I think he can scratch between cut scenes, so he should be ok.[/QUOTE]

But then I would have to soak the game in alcohol when I get it :lol:

Definitely want to only rent for one day sdragon, otherwise you might as well just buy the game when it has a decent price drop.

We were just discussing why I had to keep you from getting "hugs" twztid :whistle2:$

I'm just lucky that way Alaisiagae, I don't usually get anything but respiratory infections which totally decimate me for weeks. Any other illness and I can usually get over it in a few days at most a week ;)

[quote name='OldSchool77']I'm shocked that you haven't bumped your list today... bump![/QUOTE]
i went to bump several times, and someone bumped not 10 minutes beforehand, so i thought i'd wait, lol. then i fell asleep.

[quote name='OldSchool77']But then I would have to soak the game in alcohol when I get it :lol:
[/QUOTE]
what the heck do you think i do with my games, lol?

sent you a message on psn. try to reply asap, cuz i've just unlocked the last part of island #2, so should be less than a week til i get infamous2 knocked out with all shards found ;). a second playthrough will be completely different, so i will definitely do that in a year or so when i rebuy it (after employment, lol).

i was contemplating sending you this w/o playing it at one time. i'm so glad you didn't mind waiting. this is the 2nd best game i've played all year (to LA Noire).

Thanks for the bumps... Bump!

I replied to one of your PM's twztid but I don't know if it's the most recent one you sent. My brother came down yesterday so that we could go to the fair and he's been monopolizing my TV :lol:

Glad to see that you're back Megiddo, I thought that you had retired from gaming ;)

retire from gaming?! Not possible! :p

Of course, there are months (or even years) when I do more gaming than during other years. But no gaming ever? I guess it's possible, if you have other venues of entertainment and/or escapism. I'm not sure I can envision myself not ever playing any video games...

you responded to it before it posted here. hadn't been on ps3 yet that evening. thanks for mailing it. lmk that cost & i'll paypal or put it in with the other games.

also, i really can't see myself playing through that syberia game, so i won't keep it. i really appreciate the offer, though. i feel like games that use that much of the touchscreen are gonna wear it out or something (or scratch it all up, as i try to keep things in perfect condition & would hate it if my 3DS screen started looking like the pics i've seen of people's DS').

don't you use a screen protector for the screen? the HORI brand is really good - I have one for my PSP, it's fantastic. Of course I botched two of them while trying to apply them, but 3rd time worked (good thing, since I only bought three!). Yeah, there's a bubble around a dust speck, but it's way better than a scratched screen.

[quote name='OldSchool77']It was a running joke with skinkrawl about what would happen if you got those "hugs". You would have had to read all the comments to get what we were talking about:lol:[/QUOTE]
i know, i caught up. i was trying join in :).

so is the kinect gone? a CAG was interested in one so i sent him your way not knowing you finally got rid of it.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']don't you use a screen protector for the screen? the HORI brand is really good - I have one for my PSP, it's fantastic. Of course I botched two of them while trying to apply them, but 3rd time worked (good thing, since I only bought three!). Yeah, there's a bubble around a dust speck, but it's way better than a scratched screen.[/QUOTE]
of course. i have 2 more in reserve, lol. i'm just super OCD about my things (plus i've still seen DS' that people used dcreen protectors for the life of it & it still has scratches on the bottom screen. those aren't the type of games that interest me anyways. i like an old fashioned analog or d-pad)!

bumpity-bump!

edit: @twztid13: you could always just buy a new replacement faceplate on ebay, if the original gets scratched. That's what I did with my PSP, I bought it used and the screen was scratched, so I bought a new faceplate and installed it. But, damn, is it hard to keep the dust out of there, even with a can of compressed air. It doesn't help that I already opened it up a few times before for cleaning and to swap out the black buttons with silver/white buttons.

Of course, you have to make sure it is genuine, and not a cheap copy. I spent over a week trying to figure out which sellers were selling crap and which were genuine.

I stupidly bought a used OEM silver shell, but the screen wasn't all that much better... not after my phony-microfiber cloth effed up the faceplate's screen! At least I was able to use the buttons and the back battery door, but I'm still stuck with the back plate and house trimming. I am NOT confident enough to actually start mucking around with the PSP's hardware, which is what I'd need to do to replace the back housing and/or fix the USB door. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I started setting up a new room entirely dedicated to old school gaming/movies last night. Projector with all the classics hooked to it. Nothing but posters such as Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure on the walls. I will post pics when it's all finally done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back