P3P for PSP - Persona 3 Portable headed to the US July 2010

I'm a lil late to the game, having played P3FES, I already knew I'd get P3P simply for the extra female lead but the question was when, so I picked it up during the recent Atlus PSN sale. I'm utterly blown away by the opening movie when you first boot the game up. It's so beautifully done, really hyped me up to start playing.

[quote name='Enigma369']When is the persona 3 portable sale over? I am still contemplating if I want to pick up a psp go or psp 3000.[/QUOTE]
The next store update, February 8th.

[quote name='Easystride']The next store update, February 8th.[/QUOTE]

Do you think this game is worth me picking up a psp go or psp 3000 over the weekend before the sale is over?

[quote name='Enigma369']Do you think this game is worth me picking up a psp go or psp 3000 over the weekend before the sale is over?[/QUOTE]

This game, and many others are worth getting a PSP for. I don't recommend a PSPGo, unless you can find one for

[quote name='rainking187']So did this game become rare or something? I saw a used copy on eBay going for $60 with more than a day left in the auction.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too and was confused.

Just buy it digitally for $20. Unless you get the baseball Junpei cap, there's no sense in getting the UMD...

[quote name='jh6269']Just buy it digitally for $20. Unless you get the baseball Junpei cap, there's no sense in getting the UMD...[/QUOTE]

Except if it does become rare and/or I decide I'm done with it, I can sell it to someone else to make all or some of my money back.

I'm not bitching about the $20 price, it seems reasonable for the amount of content here, but to suggest that someone should pass on a physical copy of something (if the price is the same for both) for a digital copy is very disturbing to me.

[quote name='Halo05']but to suggest that someone should pass on a physical copy of something (if the price is the same for both) for a digital copy is very disturbing to me.[/QUOTE]

Who suggested that? rainking187 just commented a few posts up that used copies are going for $60 and possibly more on eBay. Amazon has used copies going for $27.

Since I've been getting back into this, I bought the PSN version to avoid hearing UMD loading for all of the voice acting and so that I don't have to keep the UMD in the PSP to play it.

I'm at the point where I have the first opportunity to actually decide who should be in my party, so I switched out Akihiko for Mitsuru since I could use another good healer that also has ice spells. I was going to drop Junpei because most personas I've made seem to have fire, though I kept him since he seems to be the best melee person by far.

I really wish that they would've added a system to give some XP for each fight to the people not in your party so that you can move people in and out when it seems advantageous to do so rather than being forced to set your party early on and ignore everyone else because of the investment it would take to keep everyone on equal terms.

[quote name='Halo05']Except if it does become rare and/or I decide I'm done with it, I can sell it to someone else to make all or some of my money back.

I'm not bitching about the $20 price, it seems reasonable for the amount of content here, but to suggest that someone should pass on a physical copy of something (if the price is the same for both) for a digital copy is very disturbing to me.[/QUOTE]

I can say plausible reasons exist for DD > Physical. The fact that you are disturbed by someone's suggestion disturbs me. :roll: On a personal note, I just got this game on PSN and it kicks major, major ass.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Since I've been getting back into this, I bought the PSN version to avoid hearing UMD loading for all of the voice acting and so that I don't have to keep the UMD in the PSP to play it.

I'm at the point where I have the first opportunity to actually decide who should be in my party, so I switched out Akihiko for Mitsuru since I could use another good healer that also has ice spells. I was going to drop Junpei because most personas I've made seem to have fire, though I kept him since he seems to be the best melee person by far.

I really wish that they would've added a system to give some XP for each fight to the people not in your party so that you can move people in and out when it seems advantageous to do so rather than being forced to set your party early on and ignore everyone else because of the investment it would take to keep everyone on equal terms.[/QUOTE]
Due to elemental weaknesses and tiredness/sickness, you're going to be swapping people around for the whole game. I think it's a mistake to only focus on 3.

Midway through the game I found it to be quite expensive to heal at the clock and would just rotate my characters out if they ran too low on HP and SP.

20 bucks really was/is a great price for this game. And due to the sparse selection of games on the Go it's a must buy with 100+ hours of content.

bread's done
Back