Phoenix Wright in stock

hfdpro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
National Console Support has Phoenix Wright in stock. It's listed at $35.00 plus shipping.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html

Does anyone know if this is the price when it was first released?

I'm thinking of ordering one but I would hate to see it in the stores for less.

I guess that's the CAG in me.

From Troz1820 on third page:
In stock at walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...ntinue.x=0&Continue.y=0&Continue=Find&ic=20_0

Perhaps the stores will stock it as well?

[quote name='Law_Professor']I'm a little crabby about getting a Japanese version instead of an English version :(.[/quote]

Regardless, let us know what you think of it. I still haven't come across anyone in these forums who actually have it, and can say whether they feel it's worthwhile. I'd also be curious to know if you choose English, if they somehow swapped in those screens that say "Hold It!" and "Objection!" in big red letters.

-HM

Yea I got mine back on the 16th but finally held it in my hands last night...looks good :)

Now all I need is a DS Lite to play it with, which will happen when my Hori stuff from Play-asia arrives.

The copyright date on the packaging is 2004...does anyone know if this is a reprint or the packaging is unchanged? Just trying to figure out if this is in someway differentiated from the first batch, which of course should there be a difference would be the most valuable.

Man this game never lasts long, does anyone still actualyl have it in stock (besides play-asia)? And does anyone have one of those $5 off cupons?

Got mine today from Wal-Mart. It arrived Friday, but the mailroom gods didn't smile on me :( Also got Trauma Center yesterday that I ordered directly from Atlus (thanks to the tip on this thread).

The packaging on all versions should be the same according to Capcom (meaning, there's no way to tell the earliest shipment).

I read on different forums that Japanese version's English translation is complete. Meaning all the sounds, graphics, "objections", etc. is in English. In some way, it's the US/European version that's in-complete as it doesn't come with Japanese option.

sorry if it's been asked already earlier in the thread (if so, i missed it), but is this only being released to the aforementioned retailers, or can i expect it to arrive at some of the big box or toy stores? (ie: TRU, BB, CC, KB, etc...)

[quote name='allyourblood']sorry if it's been asked already earlier in the thread (if so, i missed it), but is this only being released to the aforementioned retailers, or can i expect it to arrive at some of the big box or toy stores? (ie: TRU, BB, CC, KB, etc...)[/QUOTE]

The only stores that seemed to get any in the March shipment seemed to be a couple reports from Fry's. Waited last time and got nothing. That's why I jumped this time.

Got the game from Cduniverse today. Game is awesome really fun intresting wish they had a little more voice to it though , but still fun game.

this still irks me to say that this game is really hard to find.....i thought there would be a plethoria of stock for this game...so why does capcom keep reprinting phoenix wright in limited quantities and not just reprint a mass amount of them...

[quote name='integralsmatic']this still irks me to say that this game is really hard to find.....i thought there would be a plethoria of stock for this game...so why does capcom keep reprinting phoenix wright in limited quantities and not just reprint a mass amount of them...[/QUOTE]

I guess to keep a large demand of this game.

I can't see how it helps Capcom to keep the demand high. I'd think they'd rather have the $.

Anyone thought of importing the UK version? Amazon.co.uk has it for 25 pounds.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']I can't see how it helps Capcom to keep the demand high. I'd think they'd rather have the $.[/quote]
There's a sequel in the works. By re-releasing the game frequently in small quantities, they're keeping the game "in the news," and generating more buzz. That may lead to heightened interest in the sequel.

My game arrived yesterday. I've already played halfway through the third case. Simply put, I haven't had this much fun with a game in ages.
If you find this game, do yourself a big favor and pick it up. Even if it's $40, even if you're a GAG, I'd still say its worth it.

[quote name='M1C13']for anyone in the Northern Cincinnati area I saw a copy at Game Junkie on Cincinnati-Dayton Road and Hamilton Mason. It was new and 29.99.

http://www.gamejunkie.com[/quote]
I rarely go to GameJunkie, but I really like the place even if I've never bought anything there.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']The copyright date on the packaging is 2004...does anyone know if this is a reprint or the packaging is unchanged? Just trying to figure out if this is in someway differentiated from the first batch, which of course should there be a difference would be the most valuable.[/quote]
I just got mine from NCSX, and it also has that date. Since it's clear from their website that what I got was the second batch, it's probably a safe bet that the packaging didn't change at all. It's probably difficult, if not impossible, to figure out by looking at the box or game which print run it's from.

-HM

I wonder how many of those finger stylus they made. You could only get it int he LE JP versions and from preordering the game from Capcom's site. Man I wish I had preordered...

[quote name='Law_Professor']I used the GameStop store locator to find it, no stores in a 200-mile vicinity have the game. :bomb:[/quote]

Then I recommend you don't put in Clearwater, Fl and the area code of 33761 in the store locator. You may just cry. I'm going to go check out some of those tomorrow. I'll check out one of the stores that has 4 since they're the closest, but I'll go to the stores that have 10 if the ones that have 4 are used (I think the 10 might be the shipment they got in or something?). They're still within 10 miles, but why go 10 when 3 miles will do?

I'll let you know what I find.

[quote name='Gpig']Then I recommend you don't put in Clearwater, Fl and the area code of 33761 in the store locator. You may just cry.[/quote]

Are they showing used or new copies?

-HM

[quote name='Hoffgod']My game arrived yesterday. I've already played halfway through the third case. Simply put, I haven't had this much fun with a game in ages.
If you find this game, do yourself a big favor and pick it up. Even if it's $40, even if you're a GAG, I'd still say its worth it.[/quote]

Yeah, same here. I'm at the tail end of third case. They get progressively longer -- I think, I read that 5th case is longer than all 4 previous combined. I don't know if I could handle that though. It's even more addicting than NSMB. Last night I started playing and when I looked up it was already 2 a.m. :roll:

[quote name='Gpig']Then I recommend you don't put in Clearwater, Fl and the area code of 33761 in the store locator. You may just cry. I'm going to go check out some of those tomorrow. I'll check out one of the stores that has 4 since they're the closest, but I'll go to the stores that have 10 if the ones that have 4 are used (I think the 10 might be the shipment they got in or something?). They're still within 10 miles, but why go 10 when 3 miles will do?

I'll let you know what I find.[/quote]
So, as a local, I found this interesting enough to check it for myself. I put in your zip code, and the only Phoenix Wright that came up in a 50-mile radius was 1-3 copies at one store in Brandon. What did you do to cause so many copies to show up? Are you sure that you were looking at Phoenix Wright? The website only updates once a day at a little after midnight, so it's not like they've vanished from the system since you posted. :whistle2:k

Capcom is aware of the shortage and I would be stunned if they do not reissue/reprint/whatever the game at some point between now and when the sequel is supposed to hit.

I would guess it will be months before a new supply hits though and the price is only going to go up for now.

[quote name='Technique']I recieved my CDUniverse order today. w00000t![/QUOTE]got damn mother freakin new roommates took the mail key and disappeared!!

all I wanna do is check the mail....

[quote name='HozzMidnight']Capcom is aware of the shortage and I would be stunned if they do not reissue/reprint/whatever the game at some point between now and when the sequel is supposed to hit.[/quote]

As I stated above, NCSX says the third reprint will be out mid-August.

-HM

[quote name='elmyra']So, as a local, I found this interesting enough to check it for myself. I put in your zip code, and the only Phoenix Wright that came up in a 50-mile radius was 1-3 copies at one store in Brandon. What did you do to cause so many copies to show up? Are you sure that you were looking at Phoenix Wright? The website only updates once a day at a little after midnight, so it's not like they've vanished from the system since you posted. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Huh, I just looked again and you're right. I don't know. I'm fucking blind or something. I checked some of the stores too and didn't find them. My bad.

Is there a free shipping code for play-asia? I'm going to order from them today since it has the same english translation and it's the same price.

[quote name='Gpig']Then I recommend you don't put in Clearwater, Fl and the area code of 33761 in the store locator. You may just cry. I'm going to go check out some of those tomorrow. I'll check out one of the stores that has 4 since they're the closest, but I'll go to the stores that have 10 if the ones that have 4 are used (I think the 10 might be the shipment they got in or something?). They're still within 10 miles, but why go 10 when 3 miles will do?

I'll let you know what I find.[/quote]

Were you tallking to me or everyone in general? I live in Palatine, IL. (60074) According to Gamestop, no store around me has it. I've heard reports to the contrary, but I do not wish to drive around the greater Chicagoland area looking for games.

[quote name='Gpig']Huh, I just looked again and you're right. I don't know. I'm fucking blind or something. I checked some of the stores too and didn't find them. My bad.

Is there a free shipping code for play-asia? I'm going to order from them today since it has the same english translation and it's the same price.[/quote]

The cheapest shipping is 3 dollars. You may have to wait 2 weeks to get it, but at least there's no tax.

So is the english text that's on the Japanese version new for their "Best Price" packaging? I'm assuming when this thing was originally released in Japan that it did not have the english text.

And thus I assume that the sequels that are already out in Japan do not have english text?

EDIT: I just looked on PlayAsia, and it implies that the original (no Best Price) version had the English text too. It isn't clear whether the sequels have it.

-HM

I recall hearing that the reason it took so long for Ace Attorney to come out over here is because of the difficulty in translating it and still making it good with some of the jokes being specific to the japanese legal system. I don't know if the original japanese version had English text, but I'm imagine that it was a goofy, literal translation. I also heard that was one of the reasons as to why it was taking so long for the next PW game to come out. Although they could just be trying to spread out their game releases and the sequel fits best into their release lineup in January.

I just ordered it from lik-sang because it's free shipping.

Once someone gets the Japanese one, I'd be really curious for them to post/transcribe the first few screens of text, so we can determine once and for all if the translation is the same. And they can also let me know if the big red "Objection!" and "Hold It!" screens got swapped in.

I'm partway through case 3 now. Fun game. A bit overrated because it's so linear (and easy so far), but the story makes up for it. It's well-written (especially the dialogue - the translators worked hard) and you want to keep playing just to see what happens to the characters.

I did have one beef in case 2 though:

Why did the game not give me a way to discover what was on the bloody receipt? I actually wanted to examine it thoroughly way beforehand, but there was no way to. So I was pretty confused when it looked like there was nothing I could do at that point in the trial, but then the game just handed me that information without me doing anything at all. Part of the fun of games like this is discovering it yourself, not having the game simply hand you a key piece of information that you had no way of uncovering yourself.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Once someone gets the Japanese one, I'd be really curious for them to post/transcribe the first few screens of text, so we can determine once and for all if the translation is the same. And they can also let me know if the big red "Objection!" and "Hold It!" screens got swapped in.

I'm partway through case 3 now. Fun game. A bit overrated because it's so linear (and easy so far), but the story makes up for it. It's well-written (especially the dialogue - the translators worked hard) and you want to keep playing just to see what happens to the characters.

I did have one beef in case 2 though:

Why did the game not give me a way to discover what was on the bloody receipt? I actually wanted to examine it thoroughly way beforehand, but there was no way to. So I was pretty confused when it looked like there was nothing I could do at that point in the trial, but then the game just handed me that information without me doing anything at all. Part of the fun of games like this is discovering it yourself, not having the game simply hand you a key piece of information that you had no way of uncovering yourself.

-HM[/quote]

(1) It's the same text, the graphics/screens are swapped, etc.

(2) Regarding your issue with case 2: the first four cases were lifted from the GBA version(s) (?) so they didn't mess around with them too much. The 5th case is brand-new and it has more advanced features. I haven't gotten there (on my 4th one), but it appears there're more advanced evidence features (CSI-like).

Yes, the game is kinda linear (like Japanese RPGs) and there're probably a few more places they could've asked you to select dialog, but it's alright. The story is pretty good and the "puzzles" are logical.

Also, the difficulty increases as you progress, especially in later stages of Case 3. You really have to pay good attention.

Thanks Rusdude. I actually found a review on siliconera.com done way back when it was originally released in Japan (before it came over here), and the screenshots there of the English translation sure make it seem like it's the exact same thing.

So yeah, if this is the case, I'd recommend to CAGs to just buy it from Playasia. I guess you won't be able to read the instruction manual, but you will get something cool and unique for your trouble, for about the same cost that you can get it for here (which you can't).

I'm actually at a point in case 3 where I'm stuck (the usual adventure game thing, where you can't figure out what you have to do to advance the storyline, so you end up walking around in circles). It's probably a good thing, because otherwise I probably would've been up all last night playing it.

So my next question is, since it doesn't appear the sequels for the DS have a translation, why don't they if the first one for the DS has it?

-HM

[quote name='Gpig']I recall hearing that the reason it took so long for Ace Attorney to come out over here is because of the difficulty in translating it and still making it good with some of the jokes being specific to the japanese legal system. [/quote]

There was only a month difference between the Japanese and US releases, so I doubt they re-translated anything.

You might've gotten that misinformation from IGN's coverage as they assumed there was a localization team that translated the game for the US and they don't even know which GBA game Ace Attorney is based off of (they still think it's based on the third game).

I just got an email from estarland that they have it in stock, but again they're charging above MSRP at $39.99 and probably charge shipping, I don't know.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Thanks Rusdude. I actually found a review on siliconera.com done way back when it was originally released in Japan (before it came over here), and the screenshots there of the English translation sure make it seem like it's the exact same thing.

So yeah, if this is the case, I'd recommend to CAGs to just buy it from Playasia. I guess you won't be able to read the instruction manual, but you will get something cool and unique for your trouble, for about the same cost that you can get it for here (which you can't).

I'm actually at a point in case 3 where I'm stuck (the usual adventure game thing, where you can't figure out what you have to do to advance the storyline, so you end up walking around in circles). It's probably a good thing, because otherwise I probably would've been up all last night playing it.

So my next question is, since it doesn't appear the sequels for the DS have a translation, why don't they if the first one for the DS has it?

-HM[/quote]

You know, perhaps the next game will have English translation too. Aren't both versions coming out at about the same time?

As for playing the game, I'd strongly suggest to save before every time you have to present evidence (unless it's obvious) -- the objection part of the game. I hadn't done that and I've had to re-listen, re-press, and re-object a few times already :)

[quote name='Redeema']I just got an email from estarland that they have it in stock, but again they're charging above MSRP at $39.99 and probably charge shipping, I don't know.[/quote]

Yup I got that to, cheapest shipping is most likely $3 on top of the $40. I sold my copy a long time ago when it first got rare. I'm tempted to grab another and hope it gets rare and pricey again....

It just depends on what kind of gamer you are.

If you're primarily cheap, then don't buy it at all, because you can't get it anywhere for a really good deal.

If you're a bit cheap and don't mind not having the instructions, and like things that are a bit unique, buy the Japanese version from Play-Asia.

If you're a bit of a collector, like instruction books you can read, and are more gamer than cheap, then spend the extra $10 and buy the USA one from estarland.

I fit in the last category, and am not disappointed that I spent some extra money to get the USA version from NCSX. It's a fun game.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']
If you're primarily cheap, then don't buy it at all, because you can't get it anywhere for a really good deal.
[/QUOTE]

Even that is pretty much negated by the fact that a cheap gamer can buy it (assuming they can find it for MSRP or not much over) and sell it for a profit easily.

bread's done
Back