Phoenix Wright in stock

hfdpro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
National Console Support has Phoenix Wright in stock. It's listed at $35.00 plus shipping.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html

Does anyone know if this is the price when it was first released?

I'm thinking of ordering one but I would hate to see it in the stores for less.

I guess that's the CAG in me.

From Troz1820 on third page:
In stock at walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...ntinue.x=0&Continue.y=0&Continue=Find&ic=20_0

Perhaps the stores will stock it as well?

i ordered mine from Cduniverse today @ 1230pm hopefully it ships now that they are out of stock

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got my copy from wal-mart today as well.[/quote]

Argh.... USPS delivered it to my work's mail room today (I work in a huge 50-story building and our mail goes through the mail room) but for some reason it wasn't delivered to me. And the online tracking didn't update until I left work. I guess, they don't respect regular mail -- got 4 UPS & FedEx packages today... :roll:

And oh, everyone should get Big Brain Academy -- I like it more than Brain Age. More variety, less hassle with handwriting (you tap numbers in Academy). But, oh boy, are those exercises difficult or what? It's difficult to earn Gold Medals even on Easy mode (haven't tried other ones yet). Whomever gets a B or more in this game should qualify for Mensa :applause:

Damn QVC - my order now reads backordered. What's the point of me speaking to the customer service reps and them telling me it's in stock if it's not?

Is there anywhere else to get this game, or is the well pretty much dried up now?

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Damn QVC - my order now reads backordered. What's the point of me speaking to the customer service reps and them telling me it's in stock if it's not?

Is there anywhere else to get this game, or is the well pretty much dried up now?

-HM[/quote]

Same here. An online customer rep told me it was "in stock and ready to ship." Unbelieveable. I say we give 'em hell.

I'm about to speak to them via their on-line chat. A lot of good it will do us though.

EDIT: I spoke to them, and they said, effectively, that they didn't have it. They canceled my order.

I'm actually quite disappointed in them. When Amazon.com did something similar, they offered me a free overnight shipping, AND gave me $5 towards my next order. QVC did nothing like this. I won't order from them again.

And now...no Phoenix Wright, since CD Universe is now out of stock. Not relishing the idea of paying almost $15 more for it through National Console Support.

-HM

I sucked it up and ordered from ncsx. It's expensive, but at this point, my time is worth money. I've spent FAR more time researching how to buy this game than is reasonable!

-HM

[quote name='crewj']what about ordering from play-asia.com?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I would order from there because the game can be played in English and import games are always better than the the game that everyone else has. OPr try Gamerush, I heard that they might have it there and sure enough the first one I went to they had it 29.99 plus gas.

[quote name='Tha_Answer_3']Has anybody checked www.toysnjoys.com. Thats were i got mine at $29.95[/quote]
while it is an awesome place. (been in the one in honolulu) it's been rated pretty poorly with online sales. (search the cag forums) play-asia.com seems like the best bet for now.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Damn QVC - my order now reads backordered. What's the point of me speaking to the customer service reps and them telling me it's in stock if it's not?

-HM[/QUOTE]
Mine still has IN PROCESS and they have charged my credit card so I hope I get it.

Got mine from Wal-Mart today. People are wondering why they keep hearing me yell "OBJECTION!!!" I can't get the voice recognition to work but it's pretty fun.

Anyone know a place with the US version in stock?

Best I have seen is Ebay where new copies are about $35 and $6 shipping. Trying to beat that.

There are a few Gamestops that still have them stocked in the Houston area (where I am), according to their online inventory, but none are within 30 miles of me and I dont feel like an hour+ round trip to get this game.

TIA
olaf

edit: I tried Walmart, Sam Goody, most of the places mentioned in this thread and its listed as back order everywhere. And the fucking Ebay ones are going for like $45 shipped now, wtf.

[quote name='espy605']Got mine from Wal-Mart today. People are wondering why they keep hearing me yell "OBJECTION!!!" I can't get the voice recognition to work but it's pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Its only at certain parts in the game you can use the voice recognition, you will see a little flashy mic symbol at the top center of the screen, simply just HOLD Y and say what you need too. :)

[quote name='Nate512']Its only at certain parts in the game you can use the voice recognition, you will see a little flashy mic symbol at the top center of the screen, simply just HOLD Y and say what you need too. :)[/quote]

I don't have the game yet, but I know that you don't even have to use voice recognition...

I just went with Play Asia and canceled my FYE order. My order like others was on hold for months and I was getting impatient. With Phoenix Wright 2 coming out early next year I would like to have this company in advance and complete before it arives, so... a japanese cover and manual isn't going to bother me at all.

I ordered one from Play-Asia yesterday and it shipped today. I'm not to happy I'm getting a non-U.S. version but I would really like to play this game.

I decided to pass on the Japanese one simply because I didn't hear anyone say how good the translation is. It may or may not be the same as the USA released one. Without knowing for sure, my only option at this point (if I wanted the game) was to suck it up and spend the extra $10 to get it from NCSX. At least their reviews via resellerratings.com are fantastic. And since I'm the next state over from them, UPS should get it to me tomorrow.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']I decided to pass on the Japanese one simply because I didn't hear anyone say how good the translation is. It may or may not be the same as the USA released one. Without knowing for sure, my only option at this point (if I wanted the game) was to suck it up and spend the extra $10 to get it from NCSX. At least their reviews via resellerratings.com are fantastic. And since I'm the next state over from them, UPS should get it to me tomorrow.

-HM[/QUOTE]

I was told It was a the exact same english translation as the US version. The only thing I'll be getting differently is a japanese box art, manual, DS cartidge label and such.

It may be, but because I didn't see anything about it, I just decided to pass. The extra $10 won't kill me, considering how I get just about every game I buy on sale.

-HM

[quote name='Rusdude']I don't have the game yet, but I know that you don't even have to use voice recognition...[/quote]

You don't have to but it makes it more fun because right after you say it, the game echos it in a really dramatic fashion. OBJECTION!!!

Agreed to the above. I got my Walmart order on Saturday and although I've only played through the 1st case, it's really fun to yell into the mic when presenting the evidence (even though it's quicker to just tap the screen). The writing really IS good. Laughed a bunch of times already. Was worried because I've hated the last couple Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario Gamecube transalations that everyone raved about.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I was told It was a the exact same english translation as the US version. The only thing I'll be getting differently is a japanese box art, manual, DS cartidge label and such.[/quote]

Oh, good to know. I guess it's a good thing I chose Play-Asia... the total came to only 32 dollars and change.

The US versions is using the English translation from the Japanese version. No need to argue about that -- I've read that a dozen times on different sites/blogs/message boards.

I wasn't arguing it - just saying I personally hadn't seen any information about it.

So this begs the question: why have people been waiting for the USA version to come back in stock instead of ordering the Japanese one?

(I never had an original DS, so that's my excuse).

-HM

Many people probably just weren't aren't aware that you can get the import version for pretty much the same cost and that it has the same translation.

Others may be picky and want the US cover and manual.

Well, on a side note, my USA version just shipped from NCSX. $10 more than list, but at least I can vouch for the fact that they do in fact ship it out fast (I ordered Saturday, but they claim same business day if you order by 5 pm Eastern Mon-Fri).

-HM

almost bought one new, but found it today at GS -- only $19.99!!! Rucky!

I highly recommend checking the GS store locator and attempting to get a used one.

GS will probably raise the price soon, once they realize that the game goes for more.

I was just at GC today for something else when I noticed PW in the DS section. I commented about it them having it, and the manager said that they got new copies the other day.

BTW, PW is 29.99 new at GC.

[quote name='Hollow Man']
So this begs the question: why have people been waiting for the USA version to come back in stock instead of ordering the Japanese one?[/QUOTE]I think the Japanese Best Price version only recently came out. The Japanese version used to be closer to $40+ import, IIRC. I know that's what originally put me off. The collector in me still kind of wants the US version tho.

FYE is probably never going to fulfill my order... I wish I had ordered from Walmart or CDUniverse :(

[quote name='manthing']I was just at GC today for something else when I noticed PW in the DS section. I commented about it them having it, and the manager said that they got new copies the other day.

BTW, PW is 29.99 new at GC.[/QUOTE]

It's good to know that PW is finally hitting more retail stores. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it next time I'm at Game Crazy.

[quote name='Sway']It's good to know that PW is finally hitting more retail stores. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it next time I'm at Game Crazy.[/quote]

I used the GameStop store locator to find it, no stores in a 200-mile vicinity have the game. :bomb:

NCSX is now sold out. Holy cow - they expected their stock to last for a month or two.

They say Capcom will make more in Mid-August.

Good luck to everyone - I was originally a little miffed that I payed the extra $10, but now I'm just glad I'm getting it.

-HM

Wal-Mart fucked up my order... Somehow either Wal-Mart or UPS decided to change my zipcode from 95820 (which is what it clearly says when I check my order #) to 98520. So my package got delivered to somewhere in Washington.

I called Wal-Mart of course they blame UPS, so I call UPS and of course they blame Wal-Mart. Meanwhile no one will let me just correct the fucking problem and get the address fixed. So now it's going back to Wal-Mart where they said they don't typically fix the mistake they just refund me and re-sell it. Just fucking lovely... The best I could do was get the person at Wal-Mart to "make a note saying to re-check the address". I doubt I'll be seeing this game anytime soon.

fuck Wal-Mart and fuck Mail innovations, this is the 3rd time Mail innovations has done something to screw up an order of mine. I really wish I'd have known they were doing the shipping, I'd have gladly paid more for them to have never touched it. They always seem to screw something up.

I pre-ordered my copy on June 5 through FYE, after the bastards put on their site that they'd be getting it in stock on June 14. Well, FYE cancelled my order Thursday night, and I imediately tried ordering from cduniverse. Three days later my order was stuck in processing phase, and just now... I finally got a note it was shipped!

Phew, I thought cduniverse was going to cancel on me too. It has been a long time coming trying to get this game at a reasonable price!

My cduniverse order arrived today. The plastic case had a cut into it if you're the type who cares (I am, but not going to send it back or anything :) )

[quote name='Hollow Man']NCSX is now sold out. Holy cow - they expected their stock to last for a month or two.

They say Capcom will make more in Mid-August.

Good luck to everyone - I was originally a little miffed that I payed the extra $10, but now I'm just glad I'm getting it.

-HM[/QUOTE]

Then mid-August I shall wait.

bread's done
Back