Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wrote out a big response to the issue at hand, but the thread is getting hijacked enough as is. Think I'll just agree to disagree.

Back on topic - I really hope they put out another version of the game with more tables, maybe some avatar integration, and hopefully some refined menu navigation. The menu system is flat out clunky as hell.

[quote name='PJSkiboy']I just wrote out a big response to the issue at hand, but the thread is getting hijacked enough as is. Think I'll just agree to disagree.

Back on topic - I really hope they put out another version of the game with more tables, maybe some avatar integration, and hopefully some refined menu navigation. The menu system is flat out clunky as hell.[/QUOTE]

Going through the 'arcade' can get tedious, but has spawned alot of jokes in my house. One night my dad and I were playing, on the first floor where pinbot and taxi is, there's a guy playing a table called inferno or w.e. and my dad asks, 'When can we play that table?' and I reply, 'Oh he's gonna be there all night':cool:

[quote name='PJSkiboy']I just wrote out a big response to the issue at hand, but the thread is getting hijacked enough as is. Think I'll just agree to disagree.

Back on topic - I really hope they put out another version of the game with more tables, maybe some avatar integration, and hopefully some refined menu navigation. The menu system is flat out clunky as hell.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I love the tables, but hate the menu system-- I dislike how you get kicked out of the table after each game, I want to be able to continuously play my tables for hours without any menu popup/load time.

Anyone finding a lot of the older tables (Black Knight, Sorceror, etc) really unforgiving? I feel like my pinballs get guttered on those almost instantly sometimes. I try to tilt the table to head 'em off, but it rarely seems to work.

To be in topic with the thread: I have been thinking about trying to go find a copy after reading this thread. I watched a few videos and it incredibly similar to a real table. On a side note, I never really played pinball alot, probably only some of the tables in the 90s, but other than that not so much.
But u do think pinball is great, and definitely a staple in arcade gaming, which I why I'm gonnatty to go get me a copy of this. It looks great IMO.

Bought the Wii and PS3 versions at launch and they are fantastic (360/PS3 especially since they have a couple more tables). If your a fan of Pinball at all you should grab the 360 or PS3 version of this game for sure. No brainer @ $10

[quote name='Mike Toole']I agree. I love the tables, but hate the menu system-- I dislike how you get kicked out of the table after each game, I want to be able to continuously play my tables for hours without any menu popup/load time.

Anyone finding a lot of the older tables (Black Knight, Sorceror, etc) really unforgiving? I feel like my pinballs get guttered on those almost instantly sometimes. I try to tilt the table to head 'em off, but it rarely seems to work.[/QUOTE]

THANK GOD I'm not the only one getting destroyed on Sorceror. Black Knight isn't much more forgiving, but I definitely remember the fist time I played Sorceror, I never touched the first two balls, they went straight through my paddles both times. I was like "WTF?!?!?" LMAO. :bomb:

Finally got my copy just about an hour ago. Went to the first GS that I usually shop at and they only had a gutted copy. They called another store and they also only had a gutted copy. So I went to another store close to my place and they had one gutted and one sealed. Quickly bought the sealed one, glad I got a copy. Gonna pop it in after finishing up some stuff around the house.

I wonder why Amazon or other big B&M stores haven't dropped it down to $9.99 yet. :D

There's non here in the Major L.A area. Sad Panda Emoticon.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Finally got my copy just about an hour ago. Went to the first GS that I usually shop at and they only had a gutted copy. They called another store and they also only had a gutted copy. So I went to another store close to my place and they had one gutted and one sealed. Quickly bought the sealed one, glad I got a copy. Gonna pop it in after finishing up some stuff around the house.[/QUOTE]

Good lord, it would be great to have such luxury. I'd take a gutted copy no problem at this point. This game was not available within 30 miles of me from the very day it dropped (and that includes 16-20 GS stores). There have never been any used copies. This thread is mocking me ;).

Oh great, and now the one copy about 30 miles away that I was going to get maybe this weekend is gone. Now there's only one copy within 100 miles and it is 37 miles in a direction I never go (thus not worth it in time/gas money to save the $7 over Amazon's price). I was looking for the PS3 version but oddly enough this one store is the only one that has either in any condition (both new). I'm still holding out hope for Amazon to drop the price but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I think $9.99 is a price that Amazon will rarely match for most games, especially when it's only gamestop B&M stores that have it at that price.

[quote name='io']Good lord, it would be great to have such luxury. I'd take a gutted copy no problem at this point. This game was not available within 30 miles of me from the very day it dropped (and that includes 16-20 GS stores). There have never been any used copies. This thread is mocking me ;).

Oh great, and now the one copy about 30 miles away that I was going to get maybe this weekend is gone. Now there's only one copy within 100 miles and it is 37 miles in a direction I never go (thus not worth it in time/gas money to save the $7 over Amazon's price). I was looking for the PS3 version but oddly enough this one store is the only one that has either in any condition (both new). I'm still holding out hope for Amazon to drop the price but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]
Wow, sorry to hear that. Its incredible how some places are just wiped dry for certain games while others are readily available.
Heres hoping that you will be able to to attain a copy one way or another with as little hassle as possible. Same goes for many others also looking for the game. Amazon price drop would be more than nice, especially for those that have been left stuck with no copies at local GS stores.

Also, I dont know why, but it seems that GS is the only B&M that I have seen even selling this title. Never seen it on any other shelves...

Ever since the price drop I've been checking the 4 gamestops online that are more or less local for me for either a 360 or PS3 version and finally last Friday a PS3 version showed up at one of them. Called them and got them to hold it for me until after I got out of work. Very fun game, looks and plays great.

My one complaint about this game is the way the "Leaderboards" work. No options for a friends filter. Maybe I'm not seeing it but kind of sucks want my friend to see my 64,000,000 in Arabian Nights and suck it :p

I wish there was a Save option for the Arcade mode or whatever is called. I hate how I have to start on the same table every time and cannot save a game if I want to come back later to it.

So, this game is kind of... amazing. I can't stop playing Medieval Madness. You know it was written, in part, by Scott Adsit (the producer from 30 Rock), and Tina Fey does some voices.

[quote name='p0rn0saur']My one complaint about this game is the way the "Leaderboards" work. No options for a friends filter. Maybe I'm not seeing it but kind of sucks want my friend to see my 64,000,000 in Arabian Nights and suck it :p[/QUOTE]

My complaints are that, no vertical mode (my monitor rotates 90 degrees, which is fantastic for vertical shooters and would be great here), and the glitch with Harem Multiball in Arabian Nights.

[quote name='p0rn0saur']My one complaint about this game is the way the "Leaderboards" work. No options for a friends filter. Maybe I'm not seeing it but kind of sucks want my friend to see my 64,000,000 in Arabian Nights and suck it :p[/QUOTE]
Not only that, but they don't update your score immediately (at least on PS3). I often have to restart to see my new place on the leaderboard.

Great game, though...I thought I could only like the more "video gamey" pinball releases like pokemon pinball, pinball of the dead, metriod pinball, and revenge of the gator, but this game showed me otherwise.

I go the game and i went to for the Williams challenge. I got some good scores playing most of the games. Worth the $10 that I paid for it.

[quote name='Viol8tor']I wonder why Amazon or other big B&M stores haven't dropped it down to $9.99 yet. :D

There's non here in the Major L.A area. Sad Panda Emoticon.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? There's a bunch on the westside (westSIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEDE!!!), at least on PS3, new. Although, I had to go to three stores to get a new sealed, non-gutted copy.

There's also a ton of new copies on X360 showing up.

Don't be a Sad Panda!

I'll tell you what's weird. The achievements in this game are way, way harder than the trophies. The trophies are complete gimmes (set a high score in each table, seriously), while the achievements involve meeting all table goals and meeting all wizard goals. I'm glad I got the 360 one, where the achievements mean something.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'll tell you what's weird. The achievements in this game are way, way harder than the trophies. The trophies are complete gimmes (set a high score in each table, seriously), while the achievements involve meeting all table goals and meeting all wizard goals. I'm glad I got the 360 one, where the achievements mean something.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Snap! Console Wars!

Ding Ding! :cool:

Knowing that though, that is kinda odd. Already have all the trophies unlocked and just trying to unlock all the wizard challenges. Already have Firepower unlocked. Playing the table in mirror mode is a Mind fuck. And having no Tilt just makes it too easy.

[quote name='defmonkey05'] Already have all the trophies unlocked and just trying to unlock all the wizard challenges. Already have Firepower unlocked. Playing the table in mirror mode is a Mind fuck. And having no Tilt just makes it too easy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Firepower is the first one I got, too. It's really too bad that Harem Multiball is glitched in TOTAN; I may never see that table's Wizard goals.

[quote name='harrymcback']I worked at Software Etc. (which for you youngsters was the main competetor to Babages before their merger and eventual rebranding to GameStop) in 1994 and it was expected that employees take home products to learn more about them. We didn't take home the gutted/display copy but another copy. So when we brought it back to the store we put the cartridge or floppy discs back in the box and just re-shrinkwrapped them and put them on the shelf. We also used to keep all the guts in the backroom so when someone bought the last copy we would tell them we were out of copies up front and would get them one in the back. We then pulled the guts and shrink wrapped the game so the customer would think it was brand new.[/QUOTE]

Shady.

ARGH. I drove to a GameStop that that store locator said it had in stock, because I was heading in that direction anyways for dinner (16 miles from where I live). Walked in, clerk said they didn't have it as their inventory didn't have it and they probably sold it today. He used this excuse to explain the discrepency between their inventory and the store locator inventory.

He said it'll update tomorrow to show it no longer has it. What a frigging lie. I'm looking right now and it still shows they have it.

I hate GameStop.

[quote name='mkelehan']Yeah, Firepower is the first one I got, too. It's really too bad that Harem Multiball is glitched in TOTAN; I may never see that table's Wizard goals.[/QUOTE]

I heard that one was glitched as well and somehow managed to get it. Collecting all 7 jewels or how many they are to save the princess is gonna be tough.

The table I'm having trouble with unlocking the wizard challenges is Medieval Madness. I don't get how to do the super skill shot. I guess I have to shoot the ball up the left ramp when I get the skill shot in the beginning. But that table pisses me off sometimes. If you don't shoot that ball up the ramp correctly and hit one of the corners its almost a insta-drain. I've gotten really friendly with the bump on that table.

[quote name='MasterSun1']ARGH. I drove to a GameStop that that store locator said it had in stock, because I was heading in that direction anyways for dinner (16 miles from where I live). Walked in, clerk said they didn't have it as their inventory didn't have it and they probably sold it today. He used this excuse to explain the discrepency between their inventory and the store locator inventory.

He said it'll update tomorrow to show it no longer has it. What a frigging lie. I'm looking right now and it still shows they have it.

I hate GameStop.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate GameStop, you DO see the store locator says "in stock as of 8am EST", right? It only updates once a day... so his story, while annoying, is quite possibly true. Unless you were there as the store opened it could've sold.

That's why they say to call first...

[quote name='oasisboy']I see lots of hate for GameStop but everyone fails to acknowledge that Wal-Mart is worse because:

a) The NEVER have sales
b) The employees do not know anything about games
c) Their stock is very limited (just recent or popular games)
d) Very limited YMMV clearance items

Yet GameStop while I do agree sells games that are not "new", At least have hard to find games, plus deals like this one and their employees can tell you about X, Y Z, game although I agree some of them are not the brightest.[/QUOTE]

YOUR Wal-mart is worse. Not mine. The "sales" that gamestop has are usually a joke. Clearance items anywhere are YMMV but I've found tons of good shit at my wal-mart stores. And honestly, I'd rather have an employee have no knowledge of a game than have employees that feel the need to tell me "yo brah that game fuckin' sucks brah. 360 sucks in general brah."

[quote name='Justin42']As much as I hate GameStop, you DO see the store locator says "in stock as of 8am EST", right? It only updates once a day... so his story, while annoying, is quite possibly true. Unless you were there as the store opened it could've sold.

That's why they say to call first...[/QUOTE]

1. MasterSun's story has happened to me countless times. Shit that "sorry we don't have it no matter what the computer says" isn't in store, is still listed as IN STOCK online for YEARS. Literally, YEARS. Just look up Steel Battalion and type in Los Angeles as your location - say zip code 90036. WOW! 1 bundle left in the entire southland motherfucking area! It's been at that store by Manhattan Beach for the past couple of years. Except, "we don't have it". Yeah, someone must have just shoved that giganto controller down their pants and walked out with it.

2. Anything remotely rare and/or a remotely good value :)roll: sorry, but not many of those at Gamestop - but this Pinball Collection certainly qualifies), and you very much risk the chance of the employee taking it for himself if you "call first". It's happened to me before, as it has for many here.

We CAGs are truly in a catch-22 when it comes to situations like this, tragically. Do we waste the gas/time to get over to some obscure store we rarely if ever hit up, only to have our hopes dashed by the lying bastard Gamestop online inventory checker?!?

[quote name='defmonkey05']I heard that one was glitched as well and somehow managed to get it. Collecting all 7 jewels or how many they are to save the princess is gonna be tough.

The table I'm having trouble with unlocking the wizard challenges is Medieval Madness. I don't get how to do the super skill shot. I guess I have to shoot the ball up the left ramp when I get the skill shot in the beginning. But that table pisses me off sometimes. If you don't shoot that ball up the ramp correctly and hit one of the corners its almost a insta-drain. I've gotten really friendly with the bump on that table.[/QUOTE]

This is where reading/listening to the instructions are beneficial. Before you launch the ball, you hold down either the right or the left flipper. let the ball rest on the flipper and shoot it up the right hand ramp. Viola! Super Skill Shot. It's not easy, but you can do it

[quote name='mkelehan']Yeah, Firepower is the first one I got, too. It's really too bad that Harem Multiball is glitched in TOTAN; I may never see that table's Wizard goals.[/QUOTE]

as soon as I used "smart cam 1", I got Harem mulitball pretty quickly through Harem Sneak Ins.

[quote name='Justin42']As much as I hate GameStop, you DO see the store locator says "in stock as of 8am EST", right? It only updates once a day... so his story, while annoying, is quite possibly true. Unless you were there as the store opened it could've sold.

That's why they say to call first...[/QUOTE]

Clearly you didn't read closely enough, as the store locator STILL (as of right now) says they have it, even though I went yesterday and their inventory doesn't show any copies. So why isn't it updated? Because they're stupid.

[quote name='karkyco']1. MasterSun's story has happened to me countless times. Shit that "sorry we don't have it no matter what the computer says" isn't in store, is still listed as IN STOCK online for YEARS. Literally, YEARS. Just look up Steel Battalion and type in Los Angeles as your location - say zip code 90036. WOW! 1 bundle left in the entire southland motherfucking area! It's been at that store by Manhattan Beach for the past couple of years. Except, "we don't have it". Yeah, someone must have just shoved that giganto controller down their pants and walked out with it.

2. Anything remotely rare and/or a remotely good value :)roll: sorry, but not many of those at Gamestop - but this Pinball Collection certainly qualifies), and you very much risk the chance of the employee taking it for himself if you "call first". It's happened to me before, as it has for many here.

We CAGs are truly in a catch-22 when it comes to situations like this, tragically. Do we waste the gas/time to get over to some obscure store we rarely if ever hit up, only to have our hopes dashed by the lying bastard Gamestop online inventory checker?!?[/QUOTE]

rule #1 of SD and FW is don't call.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']rule #1 of SD and FW is don't call.[/QUOTE]

Rule #1 of CAG is also don't call.

You call, and that hard to find, rare, out of print gem magically disappears into the employee drawer or back stockroom.

I was able to snag a complete used copy at gamestop today. Havent fired the game up yet but it looks promising. I love pinball :)

[quote name='Irukandji']YOUR Wal-mart is worse. Not mine. The "sales" that gamestop has are usually a joke. [/QUOTE]

When is the last time Wal-Mart had a sale on videogames? besides the "gift" card sales...

[quote name='MasterSun1']Clearly you didn't read closely enough, as the store locator STILL (as of right now) says they have it, even though I went yesterday and their inventory doesn't show any copies. So why isn't it updated? Because they're stupid.[/QUOTE]

Several months ago I went to a Gamestop because the website said that they had a copy of Ico in stock. I couldn't find it, and I was told by the employee that I talked to there that it wasn't listed in their inventory and he hadn't seen a copy of it in the store for months. Their store continued to be listed as having it for weeks after that (in fact, it only finally disappeared from the store list recently). I've tried several other stores that have been listed as having it as well, all with similar results (only one of the maybe ten stores that I've tried has had it, and it was far too beaten up at that one to bother). So no, I don't trust their online store locator at all.

[quote name='arcane93']Several months ago I went to a Gamestop because the website said that they had a copy of Ico in stock. I couldn't find it, and I was told by the employee that I talked to there that it wasn't listed in their inventory and he hadn't seen a copy of it in the store for months. Their store continued to be listed as having it for weeks after that (in fact, it only finally disappeared from the store list recently). I've tried several other stores that have been listed as having it as well, all with similar results (only one of the maybe ten stores that I've tried has had it, and it was far too beaten up at that one to bother). So no, I don't trust their online store locator at all.[/QUOTE]

It's most likely because one of the employees has it stashed away in a drawer somewhere.

[quote name='robbyH']as soon as I used "smart cam 1", I got Harem mulitball pretty quickly through Harem Sneak Ins.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate?

[quote name='thelonepig']It's most likely because one of the employees has it stashed away in a drawer somewhere.[/QUOTE]

It would still be in the inventory in their computer in the store though, right? And besides, I can see that happening at one store, but all of them that I went to? Not likely. Even the employees that I talked to said that their online inventory system is messed up and frequently inaccurate.

[quote name='arcane93']It would still be in the inventory in their computer in the store though, right? And besides, I can see that happening at one store, but all of them that I went to? Not likely. Even the employees that I talked to said that their online inventory system is messed up and frequently inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

That's their cover story for whenever they stash rare/valuable games in the employee hold drawer ;)

Thanks OP!

Just scored one today in St. Paul, MN. Store inventory showed a bunch of stuff 30+ miles away, then none, and yesterday my local store got one in-stock.

It's worth checking the website again if you haven't been able to find a copy yet.

[quote name='karkyco']Rule #1 of CAG is also don't call.

You call, and that hard to find, rare, out of print gem magically disappears into the employee drawer or back stockroom.[/QUOTE]

While I think that is true. I don't really consider this game rare. And I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would pass on this game even at 10 bucks. Some poeple don't dig pinball.

I would say its safe to call ahead when trying to find this game.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I heard that one was glitched as well and somehow managed to get it. Collecting all 7 jewels or how many they are to save the princess is gonna be tough.

The table I'm having trouble with unlocking the wizard challenges is Medieval Madness. I don't get how to do the super skill shot. I guess I have to shoot the ball up the left ramp when I get the skill shot in the beginning. But that table pisses me off sometimes. If you don't shoot that ball up the ramp correctly and hit one of the corners its almost a insta-drain. I've gotten really friendly with the bump on that table.[/QUOTE]
Here is a cool tip I found regarding table goals.

Select the table, but don't play the game yet. Instead scroll down to the instructions.

There is a tutorial for the table. It will actually explain how to do the super skill shot. I found this out yesterday. Real easy. Most of the table goals for all the various tables are actually described in the instructions section.

Hope this helped you out.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Here is a cool tip I found regarding table goals.

Select the table, but don't play the game yet. Instead scroll down to the instructions.

There is a tutorial for the table. It will actually explain how to do the super skill shot. I found this out yesterday. Real easy. Most of the table goals for all the various tables are actually described in the instructions section.

Hope this helped you out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you have to wait for the white "Harem" to be lit before you shoot to get Harem Multiball. It has a very small light window. It still can glitch and not give you a credit but I managed to get it after a few tries once I picked up on that. I should have paid more attention. All Basic goals done now onto Wizard.

bread's done
Back