Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='destro4eva']Love that this tread is still kicking, crossing fingers that we get some DLC and that more Pinball gems like this are made.

One of the few games I have for both the Wii and 360, if I had a PS3 or PSP I'd get it for them too. Obsessed, kind of.

The Gottlieb collection for the Wii isn't bad either,

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266423368&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]Any word of the Gottlieb Collection coming out for the 360 sometime down the road?

[quote name='p0rn0saur']Yeah you have to wait for the white "Harem" to be lit before you shoot to get Harem Multiball. It has a very small light window. It still can glitch and not give you a credit but I managed to get it after a few tries once I picked up on that. I should have paid more attention. All Basic goals done now onto Wizard.[/QUOTE]

I did that too, and it still never picked it up. I experimented for a while, and then discovered the best way to get it to trigger is to nudge to the right twice quickly when the ball enters the left orbit. Once I got Harem Multiball, I took out the Wizard goals the same day.

This might be the most expensive game I ever bought. It cost $10, but now, I think I love pinball, and those machines aren't cheap.

I bought Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, everything recent.... but nothing has felt like such a value for my money as this game.

Thank you OP for a great find!

[quote name='donburns99']Any word of the Gottlieb Collection coming out for the 360 sometime down the road?[/QUOTE]

They would be stupid not to considering how popular this version has been.

Been playing this again, most of these tables were what I was weaned on.
I wish they had put BK2K instead of the original though, that was one of my favs.

I would pay happily for DLC for this title, apparently it's possible as they added more advanced tables to the existing game. Bring on Black Knight 2000, Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Attack From Mars, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Cactus Canyon, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek TNG, Theatre of Magic, Cyclone, T2. Heck, bring on ANY DLC tables. I even enjoyed the pain that is Jive Time.

Also playing Pinball FX this week, prob put some time on Zen Pinball too.
Any and all of these games are worth the $10 admission price.
Then break out your PS2, PC, Dreamcast or Xbox1 and play Pro-Pinball Trilogy!
These are digital tables that rival the best real ones.

Buy them. SUPPORT THEM! Vote for Pinball with your wallets.
Pinball has all but disappeared, but it doesn't have to now that we have PSN/XBLM.
They are PERFECT as DLC games.

(as big a fan as I am of Pinball, I was NEVER a fan of Gotlieb, and could care less about any game in that collection except Black Hole).

[quote name='raiser']Been playing this again, most of these tables were what I was weaned on.
I wish they had put BK2K instead of the original though, that was one of my favs.

I would pay happily for DLC for this title, apparently it's possible as they added more advanced tables to the existing game. Bring on Black Knight 2000, Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Attack From Mars, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Cactus Canyon, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek TNG, Theatre of Magic, Cyclone, T2. Heck, bring on ANY DLC tables. I even enjoyed the pain that is Jive Time.

Also playing Pinball FX this week, prob put some time on Zen Pinball too.
Any and all of these games are worth the $10 admission price.
Then break out your PS2, PC, Dreamcast or Xbox1 and play Pro-Pinball Trilogy!
These are digital tables that rival the best real ones.

Buy them. SUPPORT THEM! Vote for Pinball with your wallets.
Pinball has all but disappeared, but it doesn't have to now that we have PSN/XBLM.
They are PERFECT as DLC games.[/QUOTE]

This guy really loves himself some pinball.

[quote name='raiser']

I would pay happily for DLC for this title, apparently it's possible as they added more advanced tables to the existing game. Bring on Black Knight 2000, Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Attack From Mars, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Cactus Canyon, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek TNG, Theatre of Magic, Cyclone, T2. Heck, bring on ANY DLC tables. I even enjoyed the pain that is Jive Time.[/QUOTE]

You can basically forget about Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Indiana Jones, ST:TNG. The rights fees would be killer for the developer. Others would be great, along with Bride of Pin-bot, Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane, and a few Electric Machine games from the 60s and 70s.

Picked up a copy this past Saturday. It was a gutted copy, but for $10 I don't mind. Looking forward to playing the game.

[quote name='robbyH']You can basically forget about Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Indiana Jones, ST:TNG. The rights fees would be killer for the developer. Others would be great, along with Bride of Pin-bot, Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane, and a few Electric Machine games from the 60s and 70s.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they could get away with just "reskinning" the tables?

[quote name='gareman']I wonder if they could get away with just "reskinning" the tables?[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the difficulty of licensing those major titles, but depending on the original contracts, and the fact that pinball featured so many licensed properties, it's not impossible.

As for reskinning... Look at Xtreme for Pinball FX, almost a direct clone of BK2K (one of my favorites). Unfortunately reproducing JUST the gameplay leaves out the stellar audio in titles like BK2K, Addams Family, T2, twilight Zone :(

Just picked this up from my local library of all places. Free to borrow for three weeks! Can't wait to try it out tonight after all of the glowing reviews I've seen.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Just picked this up from my local library of all places. Free to borrow for three weeks! Can't wait to try it out tonight after all of the glowing reviews I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to want to buy it...especially after playing Medieval Madness!..

[quote name='Josef']They would be stupid not to considering how popular this version has been.[/QUOTE]

Was it popular though? I mean, it's super popular at 10 bucks, but for a game to fall to this price so quickly can't have meant it was a financial hit.

[quote name='raiser']

(as big a fan as I am of Pinball, I was NEVER a fan of Gotlieb, and could care less about any game in that collection except Black Hole).[/QUOTE]

I'm also a big Pinhead, and not much of a fan of Gottleib (though how they left Haunted House out is beyond me), but the Gottleib collection is worth a look. It's got the 30's Playboy, Central Park and Strikes & Spares. The real gem in that collection though is 'Goin' Nuts'. A prototype machine based around timing and multiballs. Really great game with some very unique ideas. Easy worth picking up if you're a pinball fan.

Damn...looks like the closer GS stores to me are sold out of it...even the used copies. Looks like the closest store that has it is about 30-45 minutes away. Hmm...

Just picked up the last copy from gs in my area. Bought a new copy although it was already gutted and the disc had some scratches. That's why I never buy crap from them but I had to make an exception for this.

You must live in the city if you think 15 minutes is a long drive.

Anyway, this was a fun game for 10 bucks. I don't know how some people can get billions of points on the leaderboards in a game with so much inherent randomness. Even with perfect control, you can still lose through no fault of your own. They must have played the same table for days.

Thanks for the heads up OP, that was some pleasant nostalgia.

[quote name='Relysis']Anyway, this was a fun game for 10 bucks. I don't know how some people can get billions of points on the leaderboards in a game with so much inherent randomness. Even with perfect control, you can still lose through no fault of your own. They must have played the same table for days.[/QUOTE]
Some scores are obviously from glitched play (ball got stuck somewhere that was scoring), but those other ginormous ones are the result of turning off tilt after completing the wizard goals.

I think I'm addicted to this game. Even when I stop to play another game, I always go back to this before signing off the ps3.

Thanks alot for this thread. Now I don't have to travel to Funspot everytime I want to play Gorgar! :D

Only problem is the Gamestop "new" games. They stickered the hell out of my game not just on the outer plastic. I may try and do a swap some day at another Gamestop for my collection sake.

i eventually picked it up....the only downside about the game is the loading times and the mandatory auto saves that slow things down

otherwise its a great game regardless of some annoying evil tables lol

[quote name='royce321']i eventually picked it up....the only downside about the game is the loading times and the mandatory auto saves that slow things down[/QUOTE]

Install the game. It cuts the load times to almost nothing.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey do you people think its worth getting from Amazon because non of the gamestops within 60 miles have it instock . I have $30 gaming credit[/QUOTE]
definitely. i paid $20 for it at a local TRU a month or so ago, because i didn't want to drive to different GS's in my area to maybe find one that wasn't gutted, and even for $20 it's more than worth it. i've personally played it more than any other game i own in the last few weeks, and that's including RB2, COD4 and MW2, which are my 3 favorite games...

the only downside to the game is that there is no way to filter your friends on the leaderboards, but other than the game is great. also, as far as the loading time goes, just rip it to your HD and there's pretty much no loading time. it only takes up 1.1 gigs, so even people with a 20 gig HD's can rip it to their HD and still be fine as space goes...

It's nice to see lots of love for pinball. I hope the developers will look at this thread and get that promised DLC out soon!

I've played this more than MW2 which I bought on the same day. . . . and more gamerscore too! :)

Picked it up at Amazon Warehouse (used) exactly 1 month ago for just $5 more. Looks better than a Gamestop "new".

[quote name='zero_karizma']Was it popular though? I mean, it's super popular at 10 bucks, but for a game to fall to this price so quickly can't have meant it was a financial hit.[/QUOTE]

If I can recall, people were buying this pretty heartily at $19.99 and $29.99. Just release it at the right price point ($20), use the physics engine in this one, and it will sell.

Got the last 360 copy from the MLK Plaza GS here in St. Louis. It was gutted but the disc looks perfect thankfully. Haven't played pinball in years but after all the raves in this thread, figured I'd give it a shot for $10.

EDIT: Not sure why people would complain about the load times. They are so quick I don't even have time to read the tips. Anyway, some of the music tracks in this game are awesome!

[quote name='mkelehan']Install the game. It cuts the load times to almost nothing.[/QUOTE]

hmm i can't figure that out, under the xmb i hit triangle while the disc was highlighted and there was no option for that :(

[quote name='royce321']hmm i can't figure that out, under the xmb i hit triangle while the disc was highlighted and there was no option for that :([/QUOTE]

I think he thought you had the 360 version. As far as I can tell there is no install option for the PS3 version.

[quote name='callmesteam']I'm also a big Pinhead, and not much of a fan of Gottleib (though how they left Haunted House out is beyond me), but the Gottleib collection is worth a look. It's got the 30's Playboy, Central Park and Strikes & Spares. The real gem in that collection though is 'Goin' Nuts'. A prototype machine based around timing and multiballs. Really great game with some very unique ideas. Easy worth picking up if you're a pinball fan.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation. Good to see this type of Proto release digitally (only 10 real machines ever made). That means there is hope for Big Bang Bar! (14 original Protos and 183 "remakes")

I had the fortune of playing BBB nearly a decade ago at CAextreme in San Jose, CA.

[quote name='royce321']hmm i can't figure that out, under the xmb i hit triangle while the disc was highlighted and there was no option for that :([/QUOTE]

As others have suggested, yes, I was referring to the 360 version, and didn't see that you're playing the PS3 version. Sorry.

Picked up a copy at my Gamestop today, and...in typical Gamestop fasion...it was an open box....last copy they had...I guess I bought the "new" display copy.

Just picked up a gutted copy of the game from the local Gamestop for $10.96 after tax.

Used a debit card with $2.50 that I've been meaning to get rid of and paid the rest with cash.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Picked up a copy at my Gamestop today, and...in typical Gamestop fasion...it was an open box....last copy they had...I guess I bought the "new" display copy.[/QUOTE]

And, in typical CAG fashion, what could you have possibly expected?

^ Amen Brotha.

Anyways, holy crap I'm gonna have to buy this game, Medieval Madness is such a great table, and the other tables are pretty neat-o too. Love Arabian Nights as well.

[quote name='drktrpr1']^ Amen Brotha.

Anyways, holy crap I'm gonna have to buy this game, Medieval Madness is such a great table, and the other tables are pretty neat-o too. Love Arabian Nights as well.[/QUOTE]
If you buy the game and play nothing but Medieval Madness, you've gotten a great deal.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Picked up a copy at my Gamestop today, and...in typical Gamestop fasion...it was an open box....last copy they had...I guess I bought the "new" display copy.[/QUOTE]

Also picked up last "NEW" copy at GS, which was opened, and the last copy in store. I was worried it was missing something, tried looking it up, but found nothing, bought it for the $10 price, lookin' forward to playin' it! :)

I ended up getting another copy of the game at Gamestop for my girlfriend (I got mine on Amazon back when the 17.96 price hit), and I was really surprised to find a sealed copy at the first store I called.

I had a list of about 8 or so within driving distances, but the one a couple blocks away had an actual new copy! I wasn't too big of a pinball fan before this game, but after playing this, it's turned me into one.

Other people in this thread have said this, and I will repeat it: if you are even remotely interested in pinball, PICK THIS UP! After playing this, I can't go back to Pinball FX or Zen Pinball; the physics in this game are phenomenal, and it's amazing how accurate the tables are.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']The PS2 version is $5 even at TRU.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 and 360 versions added Medieval Madness, Arabian Knights, and No Good Gofers. Medieval Madness and Arabian Knights, individually, are worth $20 each, in my mind.

bread's done
Back