PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I don't see it...

I like this part:

Even with that extra juice, the DualShock 4 would still come up short compared to the Xbox One, Xbox 360, Sixaxis, and DualShock3 controllers. Some evidence surfaced that may indicate Sony plans to address this shortcoming, which we hope is true.
I never understood why people had such a hard on for the 360 controller (tbh it seems like its the same people that have a hard on for MS).

I mean it didn't pair via bluetooth, required batteries or an add on to be rechargeable, and they made a OEM that was wired (I mean seriously... wired) yet it gets hailed as "best ever".

But I'll take having to occasionally play while plugged in or having to charge more frequently then using batteries or paying EXTRA for a rechargeable pack any day. Furthermore while I'm not saying the analog stick / trigger issue isn't prevalent... I personally own two PS4's (one at home and in my office) and have two DS4 controllers for each and haven't had those problems with either.

Although I don't use them "aggressively" as was referenced in the article.

Launch controllers really suffered from poor quality control. Newer models are much better.
well let's hope the newest one i got about a week ago holds up. i feel like the material on the sticks may be different but that just may be my imagination and i haven't used a ds4 without the covers on the sticks in quite some time. and way to go blue heaven forbid somebody point out flaws in a product. And btw I actually prefer the way the xbox one uses aa batteries. I love my eneloops just swap them out in about 5 seconds and i'm back up and running. That being said it's never really a problem wtih battery life on the ps4 controllers because i have this http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Controller-Charging-Station-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ENFVJJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415081925&sr=8-1&keywords=dualshock+4+controller+dock

I don't see it...

I like this part:

I never understood why people had such a hard on for the 360 controller (tbh it seems like its the same people that have a hard on for MS).

I mean it didn't pair via bluetooth, required batteries or an add on to be rechargeable, and they made a OEM that was wired (I mean seriously... wired) yet it gets hailed as "best ever".

But I'll take having to occasionally play while plugged in or having to charge more frequently then using batteries or paying EXTRA for a rechargeable pack any day. Furthermore while I'm not saying the analog stick / trigger issue isn't prevalent... I personally own two PS4's (one at home and in my office) and have two DS4 controllers for each and haven't had those problems with either.

Although I don't use them "aggressively" as was referenced in the article.

The things you said about 360 controller is not why people liked it so much. The size was perfect for most and thumb sticks were placed perfect. Ps4 improved on the annoying small PS3 controller and thumb sticks.

There's supposed to be something big going on at PS Experience in Vegas. Also they said some big announcements for No Mans Sky. Hopefully we see either a release date or a Beta. Or better yet both!

New info is supposed to be available at noon eastern time today, for New Gen GTA V. IGN announced they will have the info. Can't wait to hear more about upgrades and exclusive content.

I'm really annoyed that I never got to try the Evolve Alpha due to the Sony 2.0 update. I tried again last night and I couldn't find any matches. Wtf.

There's supposed to be something big going on at PS Experience in Vegas. Also they said some big announcements for No Mans Sky. Hopefully we see either a release date or a Beta. Or better yet both!

New info is supposed to be available at noon eastern time today, for New Gen GTA V. IGN announced they will have the info. Can't wait to hear more about upgrades and exclusive content.
Im very excited for that event, its like a mini E3!, and GTAV now has FPS mode.

grand-theft-auto-v-xbox-one-1415118568-025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOM!!!  Sony has announced the next two months worth of IGC for Europe, which when it comes to PS4 games have been the same!

December is Injustice and Secret Ponchos, January is Infamous first light and the Swapper...

Both amazing months compared to this month and better than anything we have gotten before!!!!!!

Ask and ye shall receive.
http://bit.ly/1urtOqJ
So yeah looks like the leaked video was accurate. Also looks like the first retail game will drop in December, it's going to be Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition and also Secret Panchos and in January Infamous: First Light, so looking pretty good for the next couple months.

Edit: ninja'd by bestkeeper14

Smart move from Sony to preface the next couple of months with AAA games, since this month was so bad... good move to actually show us instead of saying be patient.  Microsoft has some work to do for those months, maybe they will announce GWG early to combat it?

Smart move from Sony to preface the next couple of months with AAA games, since this month was so bad... good move to actually show us instead of saying be patient. Microsoft has some work to do for those months, maybe they will announce GWG early to combat it?
Doubt it, they aren't really putting effort into their GWG on Xbox One.

The free games are usually just filler.

Can't say there has been a GwG release that I've wouldn't already have purchased.

The free games are usually just filler.

Can't say there has been a GwG release that I've wouldn't already have purchased.
can't remember but do you have a PS4? how about the next two months of AAA games?

And no I am not being mean or sarcastic, am actually asking as I don't remember

Don't plan on getting one until Uncharted 4 as previously stated.

Only one that catches my eye is First Light, but I'm not much of a inFamous fan.  1st one never sold me on the rest of the series.

Don't plan on getting one until Uncharted 4 as previously stated.

Only one that catches my eye is First Light, but I'm not much of a inFamous fan. 1st one never sold me on the rest of the series.
No worries... definitely the game to wait for if you are. I have a feeling MS will have a good holiday, but next year Uncharted 4 is going to sell PS4's like hot cakes!

It's just nice that we are finally getting AAA titles for the PS4, and Infamous second light is a bit of a surprise, injustice was one everyone said would be it, I guess Feb is either Killzone or Knack

Wow, only took em a week to... address the issue, of course, they aren't already fixing the problem, only addressing it.

Wow, only took em a week to... address the issue, of course, they aren't already fixing the problem, only addressing it.
Yeah I have been very pro Sony so far this gen, but I have to admit the inept ability of Sony to keep the console on par with the Xbox One as far as features and firmware is starting to sour me a bit. I hope they can get it together.

Yeah I have been very pro Sony so far this gen, but I have to admit the inept ability of Sony to keep the console on par with the Xbox One as far as features and firmware is starting to sour me a bit. I hope they can get it together.
honestly, a week seemed short on an issue that wasn't crippling. Go take a computer class and see what it takes to find bugs in coding. You will pull your hair out.

It happens, and I am sure Xbox will have it's fair share of hiccups here and there as well. I am just glad we are a year in and really no sign of hardware failure on either side after last gen and the red ring/yellow light debacle.

honestly, a week seemed short on an issue that wasn't crippling. Go take a computer class and see what it takes to find bugs in coding. You will pull your hair out.

It happens, and I am sure Xbox will have it's fair share of hiccups here and there as well. I am just glad we are a year in and really no sign of hardware failure on either side after last gen and the red ring/yellow light debacle.
My comment wasn't so much about the fix as it was about everything else that Microsoft has done better to this point. And I don't care that Microsoft is a software company, Sony made the PS3's OS superior to the 360 so I expect that standard this gen as well.

My comment wasn't so much about the fix as it was about everything else that Microsoft has done better to this point. And I don't care that Microsoft is a software company, Sony made the PS3's OS superior to the 360 so I expect that standard this gen as well.
eh, but like you said MS is a software company, their OS will most likely be better for some time. Sony had the XMB for an entire generation without one huge change. MS updated the 360 with major OS rehauls what, three times? That is why some people like MS better, they know they will always have a killer OS.

If I was Sony, I would just copy the features of the Xbox one into our OS... it's possible, but it takes MS engineers to get it to work. Simple enough, i love the PS4's OS a heck of a lot more than the PS3's and I am happy with that, it's more about the games than the OS for me anyway.

They just released the patch to fix the issue.

Also, personally I just don't like the XBox One OS but thats likely because im just not used to it. I have a hard time getting around it for some reason. Once I get used to snapping and such maybe it wont be to bad. Just feels busy to me.

Also, personally I just don't like the XBox One OS but thats likely because im just not used to it. I have a hard time getting around it for some reason. Once I get used to snapping and such maybe it wont be to bad. Just feels busy to me.
I wish PS4 was better with trophies like achievements, I.E. instant synching, pushing the home button when you get the trophy to instantly see the list and compare(we got this finally but it is slow as hell!), and then snapping trophies to the side while you played would be awesome!!!

Yeah I don't particulararly care for the os as much either. Having a dedicated share button rather then a pretty much useless options button makes it alot easier to share. Also haven't quite figured out how to snap stuff easily yet. I wish they would let us just snap anything that has been pinned. That being said being able to get 3-4 races in forza done during the intermission of a nhl game and not having to worry about where i put the remote is pretty dang cool.

I wish PS4 was better with trophies like achievements, I.E. instant synching, pushing the home button when you get the trophy to instantly see the list and compare(we got this finally but it is slow as hell!), and then snapping trophies to the side while you played would be awesome!!!
Well, instant synching would be nice. For some reason snapping achievements was really slow for me when playing sunset overdrive. I know its just personal preference but I don't really like having things snapped to the side while playing.

Well, instant synching would be nice. For some reason snapping achievements was really slow for me when playing sunset overdrive. I know its just personal preference but I don't really like having things snapped to the side while playing.
I just wish they were easier to get. I've probably gotten more achievments in the last 3-4 days then I have in the entire year i've owned my ps4.

I just wish they were easier to get. I've probably gotten more achievments in the last 3-4 days then I have in the entire year i've owned my ps4.
Trophies and achievements are the same both both systems so one isn't easier to get than the other. Maybe what you're playing on Xbox just has easy achievements.

Trophies and achievements are the same both both systems so one isn't easier to get than the other. Maybe what you're playing on Xbox just has easy achievements.
Yea they are the exact same... that was a dumb statement he made.... LOL, I was actually laughing really hard when he said that.

Probably forza horizon 2 is pretty fast and lose with the achievements while i mostly play fifa on my ps4 and that doesn't seem to want to give up any trophies even though i play the game constantly

Probably forza horizon 2 is pretty fast and lose with the achievements while i mostly play fifa on my ps4 and that doesn't seem to want to give up any trophies even though i play the game constantly
you make no sense?! Then go play Infamous second son, thats an exclusive with super easy trophies.

You know you actually have to do something to get these? it doesn't just come from playing the game regularly?

you make no sense?! Then go play Infamous second son, thats an exclusive with super easy trophies.

You know you actually have to do something to get these? it doesn't just come from playing the game regularly?
I forgot about second son because it's been so long since i played it. Oh and I don't go out of my way for trophies etc except in second son where i beat it 3-4 times but still only got about 90% On a side note my ps4 warranty expires in 2 weeks I bought the $50 plan on psn just to be safe. I never received a follow up email is the receipt and screenshot on psn enough to prove that I bought it?

I forgot about second son because it's been so long since i played it. Oh and I don't go out of my way for trophies etc except in second son where i beat it 3-4 times but still only got about 90% On a side note my ps4 warranty expires in 2 weeks I bought the $50 plan on psn just to be safe. I never received a follow up email is the receipt and screenshot on psn enough to prove that I bought it?
yea your account keeps track of purchases, your fine

Cant lie, MS has been kicking ass in the FW department. The top features still missing for me are, online friend notifications, custom backgrounds, and folders. If Sony can add these things in the next update I would be very happy.

Yeah, finally being able to push the ps button after you get a trophy to veiw it is nice, but it takes you out of the game, same with mesagges. Something like this would be even better.

ps4-ui-6.jpg

Thats a really nice mockup. If Sony gets their bell rung this holiday (I think it will happen) then maybe that would light a fire under them and they'll be more frequent updates and better communication with the community.

I dunno. I really don't think Microsoft is going to totally destroy Sony over the holidays like some people think. If anything it might bring them up to par or a little better but its not like people are just going to stop buying PS4s because Xbox One is $50 cheaper.

bread's done
Back