PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Will Amazon charge me immediately or when it ships? I have the money but I have credit to burn at gamestop & would need to either go during my lunch tomorrow or hope I can get one after work.

I just pre-ordered on Amazon 10 minutes ago. I got an email saying my expected shipping date is the first week of January 2014. Obviously nothing is confirmed but are they already past the "1st shipment" of systems?

Preordered @ Amazon. Now I have both consoles on preorder. I'm probably only going with one at launch and I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now.

In for two of these bad boys

The camera and the controllers are also available for pre order on Amazon at least. $60 for controllers and $70 for the camera.

Edit: currently shows $60 now for the camera also. It was showing $70. If you plan on getting one I suggest locking it in at the $60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop only has bundles on their site. I wonder if the store will only offer them as well. That would suck. I hate bundles.

I'm getting both. Pre ordered on amazon but going to try for GS pre order. Missed the 360 ones they ran out but will try again soon. Prefer to get mine day of I have prime but I feel better with it at a store.

Tempted to pre order from Amazon since I've got $70 in gift card left, but I'd like to pick it up at GameStop midnight.

Ofcourse GS is going to have only console preorders. Why wouldn't they? I was kinda shocked the crowd didnt go apeshit when Kingdom Hearts 3 was shown. We knew it would eventually come, but there wasn't even one scream. Pretty shocked to see no Jack and Dexter 4 or even The Last Guardian.

BTW, can anyone tell me why every reply that gets posted in this thread is put in my notification box? Cag 3.0 is very frustrating to use at times.

Pre-ordered from Amazon.  I'm a prime member and buy a TON of stuff from them. Never had a problem with preorders before, but never pre-ordered a console before.

I see a lot of people hedging with second pre-orders, what are the chances the Amazon order gets fulfilled?

Did anyone do an Amazon preorder last time around?  Do they actually get a lot of stock for release?  I hate that if you preorder at brick and mortar it's still "first come, first serve" because each store only gets like 5 consoles...

Still havent gotten my confirmation email from Amazon WTF?

Edit:

Of course as soon as I post this I get it LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
If I preorder at best buy, when do they actually apply it to the best buy credit card? Now, or right before launch?

Just pre-ordered from Amazon. Had $70 in credit + $17 in cashback from my credit card. Very happy to only be paying little over $300 for PS4. Can't wait!

If I preorder at best buy, when do they actually apply it to the best buy credit card? Now, or right before launch?
The hold is applied immediately and renewed over and over until you pick up the system. So make sure you don't mind having $399 + tax reserved on your card for 5 months.

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?
yes you can add gift cars after the fact

bread's done
Back