PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?
Yep I do it all the time when I get more Amazon credit. All you have to do is go to the order page and it will ask if you want to apply gift card credit.

Quick question, I just pre-ordered on Amazon. I have a $25 GameStop gift card. Can I use that to buy a Kindle gift card and then apply that gift card to my PS4 pre-order without canceling it?

EDIT: Seems this was just answered!

Last edited by a moderator:
When does BB charge you for consoles again?
They will put a pre authorization charged immediately as well as ping your account several times until they item ships or is ready for pick up. This is of course assuming you are paying by a method that is tied back to a bank account.

If you use a true credit card I think it works differently.

I should know this, but have never been in this exact situation. I went ahead and pre-ordered, but I plan to get and use Amazon credit to help pay for it. I know I can change pay methods before something ships, but does that include gift cards as well? In other words, can I "chip away" at the cost by applying gift cards throughout?
I believe that I have done this before. Amazon is good like that. I have preordered a game, then used a promo code/gift card and put it towards the preorderd game.

They will put a pre authorization charged immediately as well as ping your account several times until they item ships or is ready for pick up. This is of course assuming you are paying by a method that is tied back to a bank account.

Do they ping the whole amount or just random charges?

If I preorder at best buy, when do they actually apply it to the best buy credit card? Now, or right before launch?
The hold is applied immediately and renewed over and over until you pick up the system. So make sure you don't mind having $399 + tax reserved on your card for 5 months.

thats not a problem... i just don't want to pay interest on it for 6 months in advance

Just got home from my local GS. Had to put $100 down on PS4, but in true cag fashion I had some GS credit built up in anticipation of E3. They also convinced me to put $5 down on an extra controller. They didn't have any games available to pre-order yet but looking at the website I'm guessing they will in store tomorrow. 

I know each release will be somewhat different but just curious do I need to worry about preordering accessories and games ahead of time or are there usually enough to go around during release?

Everything I've preordered they've pinged the whole amount

just preorder both PS4 and XBone at amazon. I have like a grand in amazon credit i have to use up lol that bestbuy sale really paid off.

I can't wait for titan fall and watch dogs

I'll probably end up getting a One eventually, but PS4's conference definitely had me more excited so I plopped down my preorder on Amazon.  Cant wait til November.

I was on the Amazon page right when the conference ended, hitting F5 like a madman until the pre-order link appeared. Hopefully my fast pre-order will ensure I get one on launch day.

Also I took the Prime trial they offered me because i know from experience that Amazon screws over people that use FSSS, by prioritizing Prime order regardless of the order in which the orders were received. So take the trial if they offer it to you, because even if you cancel after the 30 days your PS4 will still ship with Prime since it's based on order date and not ship date.

I know pre-orders from Amazon don't charge until they ship but will there be a hold of the amount on my credit card until it ships? I'm a relatively new credit card owner and I've never pre-ordered a console before.

Everything I've preordered they've pinged the whole amount
Same here. When I preordered the Wii U, they hit me for the full charge right away. That's the reason I went with Amazon this time around.

Guys, there are a bunch of different ps4 bundles at gamestop.com right now. I think they just updated their page! $519 bundles get you killzone 4 etc.

Is this for real?

I preordered at walmart just could not resist. Sony has never let me down when it comes to gaming so I have to support them.

Just want to reiterate in here like I did in the Xbox One thread - keep the discussion preorder related and not about the systems themselves.  There are other threads (that I will add links for in the OP) for all of that.

Already pre-ordered from Amazon! I know I'm riding on hype and hate from M$ for their new policy but I know the PS4 is going to be great. Now all I need is the release date games.

I know pre-orders from Amazon don't charge until they ship but will there be a hold of the amount on my credit card until it ships? I'm a relatively new credit card owner and I've never pre-ordered a console before.
No, I've never done a pre-order on a console before, and I just did it for the PS4. No worries, they won't charge til it's shipped. All I see in my account summary in my bank is a 1.00 charge for the Amazon Prime trial I activated to get it fast.

I put a preorder on BestBuy.com and the charge is already in my bank account... is this going to go away or have I already invested my $400? For reference I did In Store Pickup if it makes a difference.

I pre-ordered from Amazon within a minute or two of it being up.  Problem is I input the wrong default CC information to an cancelled card.  I know I can update the payment method, but have heard that resets your place in the pre-order cue (via Hyrule Hystoria debacle).  Anyone know if this is true and what I should do?

I put a preorder on BestBuy.com and the charge is already in my bank account... is this going to go away or have I already invested my $400? For reference I did In Store Pickup if it makes a difference.
Pretty sure you've paid for your system. They did the same thing to me when I preordered the Wii U. They charged me immediately.

I pre-ordered from Amazon within a minute or two of it being up. Problem is I input the wrong default CC information to an cancelled card. I know I can update the payment method, but have heard that resets your place in the pre-order cue (via Hyrule Hystoria debacle). Anyone know if this is true and what I should do?
Would like to know about this... I used a CC as a placeholder since I didn't want them taking all my gift card credit right now (as I have just over $400). But later (like, way later) I would want to switch it to the gift card credit. I know people are saying you can add a gift card in to pay for it - but what if you already had the gift card credit but simply opted not to use it? Can you just apply it any time? And what about this queue thing?

And... just got an email from GS about preorders ;). (I will be going it to a store tomorrow to try to get one there and then the Amazon preorder is moot anyway - will probably just cancel it later).

I pre-ordered from Amazon within a minute or two of it being up. Problem is I input the wrong default CC information to an cancelled card. I know I can update the payment method, but have heard that resets your place in the pre-order cue (via Hyrule Hystoria debacle). Anyone know if this is true and what I should do?
Would like to know about this... I used a CC as a placeholder since I didn't want them taking all my gift card credit right now (as I have just over $400). But later (like, way later) I would want to switch it to the gift card credit. I know people are saying you can add a gift card in to pay for it - but what if you already had the gift card credit but simply opted not to use it? Can you just apply it any time? And what about this queue thing?
And... just got an email from GS about preorders ;).

After thinking about this a little, 399 could possibly be for a lesser sku.  Still a nice price, but not mind blowing especially considering the paywall for mp.  Also eye and extra controller both retail for $60.  Still gonna preorder and see what's up.

Try here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110114

I'm just wondering if anyone got preorders in or they are just waiting. About 30 minutes go it didn't say anything.

I just preordered with best buy. if you also get a controller, and have a best buy cc, you also automatically get 18 mo financing.

I called them, and they said they do NOT charge the bb card until it is shipped or picked up, but they do put a old on that amount on your card, and I won;t get my

I just placed my ps4 preorder. if you use the best buy cc, and also preorder the controller, you qualify automatically for 18 mo financing.

They do not charge your card, but they do put a hold on that amount until you pick it up, or it is shipped.

And of course, you don't get the rewardzone points until you complete the transaction.

Preorder locked in at Best Buy. Had $170 in Reward Zone certificates. Got the console and an extra dual shock controller for $310 after tax. Golden. 

New to console pre-orders on Amazon. So, if I place a preorder for a PS4, do I get charged anything now? Is a hold placed? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I preordered with a debit card, if that makes a difference.

Got in my Amazon order earlier to secure it, then figured I'd go with Best Buy for the points...not realizing that, with a debit card, Best Buy would put a hold on the entire purchase from now until I pick up the console.

That is jussssst not happening.

bread's done
Back