PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I don't trust Amazon to fufill all those pre-orders so I went to gamestop tonight for the ps4. It required $100 in store deposit and I was guaranteed day 1. Sounds good to me.
I guess you don't know about the Xbox 360 debacle at GameStop and they do the fcfs system. So if they oversell, they go by the order of who preorder first. Amazon is the biggest retailer in the US, they will get there and more. If not, you know you are getting some promo credit. I ordering from multiple retailers I know there's going to be production problems and they always pull inventory from the smaller retailers first.

More than likely, my order won't be fulfilled at launch so I'll probably be waiting in line. BUT if the off chance that I did make the cut off, I can't wait. 

Any word on GameStops opening early tomorrow for preorders?
The GameStop I was at last night is supposed to be opening 30 minutes early. No idea if this is just specific to this GameStop or others will open early. Here in mountain time the conference ended just minutes after 9PM. Was hanging around the store until 9 hoping to get the preorder in, but did not

So for me and a few others there they put $100 down on a random game and are supposed to call us when they open and move that to a PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered everywhere except gamestop.  Screw you bs power hour sale that sold out and magically had product instock after the sale.

It appears the PlayStation Camera is only $59.99, about $40 less than I thought it was going to be. That right there means I'll likely be grabbing it at launch, though hopefully there will be a bundle with the console, camera, and 1 game for like $499.99

If I pre order at gamestop, would they be able to transfer my pre order to another store? I'm moving to another city because college.
I had to do this for the Xbox 360 launch. They physically mailed it to a store close to me from the store I preordered at. I got it but it was about a week after launch. Not the end of the world.

I know pre-orders from Amazon don't charge until they ship but will there be a hold of the amount on my credit card until it ships? I'm a relatively new credit card owner and I've never pre-ordered a console before.
Amazon is pretty good on their preorders because they never put a hold on debit or credit cards until the item ships. So you're in the clear.

I assume nobody else on the East Coast was able to pre-order at Gamestop last night?  I'm heading to my store in about an hour hoping they open early and i wont face a huge line.  I have my Amazon pre-order but I have so much GS credit.  I guess I could switch some to Kindle credit and apply that to the one I already have preordered.

I do think in terms of Japanese titles MS will be like: we got MSG V, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. And then wonder why they flop in Japan yet again.

I'm torn if I should preorder one right now.  Kind of hoping for a bundle with a vita or vita and the new move.  Either way, I won't be paying much at BB.  Been banking my points since I became silver and have $380 in RZ certs.

so im looking at gamestop's website, forgive me if this was already asked, since i only read the last 3 pages, but are they only taking preorders online for bundles? 

Ended up pre-ordering from Amazon. Now I gotta move some GameStop credit over to Amazon
Where exactly can you do this? I went into the change payment method but I did not see any option to apply gift cards to my preorder. Thanks
If you go under your open orders and you have a gift card balance, I believe you can click "Apply Balance" to your order.
Ah thank you...i don't have a balance (just points) at the moment. So that might be why it's not showing up for me.

Yeah all GS locations in STL sold out of XB1 Day One units yesterday. If you want to use built up GS credit to preorder in store you better be in line this morning. Many stores are opening an hour early b/c of this.

That's why I already pre-ordered on Amazon. I can wait a few days for it to ship. Assuming I keep the pre-order at any rate.

Yeah all GS locations in STL sold out of XB1 Day One units yesterday. If you want to use built up GS credit to preorder in store you better be in line this morning. Many stores are opening an hour early b/c of this.
How do you know if your store is going to open early or not? I wasn't going to preorder either but after
Last night, Sony changed my mind.

preordered at both amazon and bestbuy for in store pick up. no hassle of putting money down, and the experience I had with the wii u was greaT!!!!

I tried to pre-order the PS4 at the GS near my job and was told I had to be a Power up pro member, WTF? Any non pro members able to get a pre-order in?

I'm torn if I should preorder one right now. Kind of hoping for a bundle with a vita or vita and the new move. Either way, I won't be paying much at BB. Been banking my points since I became silver and have $380 in RZ certs.

PS move is built into the controller. All you need is the new PS eye

If I get to GameStop tonight and preorders are all locked up they'll just lose my business. I actually like the employees at my store, have enough credit to pay it off in full, and would like to give them business. But I've already got one locked in on Amazon and can just move the credit if necessary.

Preordered last night on Amazon and also this morning at my local GameStop. There were about five or six other parties also waiting for the store to open. I believe the price point, at $100 less than the competition, will be the deciding factor here (just like it was with 360/PS3 launched).

Anyone want to comment on reliability of preorder through Best Buy with in store pick up? Thought I'm hearing good things based on the Wii-U. Did that and Amazon just in case.

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA and just pre-ordered the PS4 this morning at gamestop. I do believe that they did open stores thirty minutes to an hour early to start taking pre-orders. I asked my buddy how many people pre-ordered at the time of opening and I was the 8th person to pre-order. As far as how many systems the store will be getting, he told me that it was still an unknown. Limit one per customer as well and also said that people who try to do multiple orders at different locations will be tracked via telephone number and address etc. Trying to give everyone a fair chance I suppose.

Pre-Ordered at Best Buy and having it shipped. Might be staying home that day.

This is my first pre-order with Best Buy. Pretty reliable?
I would not trust BB, they have a long history of fuck ups. They would be my last resort.
*sigh* that's what I was afraid of. I'll keep my preorder at Best Buy (for reward points and keep it on that CC), but depending on how funds are come this holiday, I might switch to Amazon.

Thanks!

Pre-Ordered at Best Buy and having it shipped. Might be staying home that day.

This is my first pre-order with Best Buy. Pretty reliable?
I would not trust BB, they have a long history of fuck ups. They would be my last resort.
*sigh* that's what I was afraid of. I'll keep my preorder at Best Buy (for reward points and keep it on that CC), but depending on how funds are come this holiday, I might switch to Amazon.

Thanks!
Yeah just last week they cancelled a bunch of Survival Editions for The Last of Us because they oversold it or something, that was for online orders only though. I'm personally going the Amazon/GS route, hopefully I can get back to GS after work and put in my pre-order after this mornings BS.

I'm out of state and was starting to panic that I would be miss out on pre-ordering.I did an Amazon one for backup  and through some juggling I was able to get one pre-ordered back home at my local gamestop, paid off in full and the first one!. Now soon as I get back its TLOU and Beyond until the PS4 drops..such a long wait.

Does anyone know if the sku on BestBuy's website is good for an instore pre-order? 

I don't want to use their site after getting burned on the Wii U pre-order. 

For the wii-U, they sent me an email telling me the card on file had insufficient funds a few weeks after pre-ordering and requested an alternate payment method. 4 minutes later they cancelled the order outright and couldn't reinstate it when i called in to question them. Apparently they ping your balance twice a week to see if all the money is in that account and if it isn't there, they freak out.  Most places don't do that, and i don't keep huge amounts of money in my checking account for no reason so the order that included some games and accessories was cancelled.  Just fair warning for you guys.

Preordered on amazon last night. Went to gamestop this morning and cancelled xbox one preorder and ordered ps4 instead. Will be paid for full in credit as soon as my 50% trade in coupon gets here.

Just preordered at GS. Not happy about the 100$, but atleast its a 4th of the price covered. Looks like I may be waiting a bit to get Last of Us.

Ordered at Best Buy just for the reward points and because I am a silver member there (Woohoo 2 day shipping!)

Kind of pissed they charged my card for it already.......thought they didn't until it shipped.

bread's done
Back