PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Does Amazon charge tax for consoles? Because unless you have gift cards or reward points, I don't see why people wouldn't buy from Amazon if free shipping is on top of it.

New to console pre-orders on Amazon. So, if I place a preorder for a PS4, do I get charged anything now? Is a hold placed? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I preordered with a debit card, if that makes a difference.
With Amazon, you're fine - they won't charge you until it ships, even with a Debit Card.

Was there any mention of peripheral compatibility during the conference? I couldn't watch the stream. I see there'll be GTA V branded pulse elites. Does that mean they're supporting Pulse and Pulse Elite on the PS4?

Was there any mention of peripheral compatibility during the conference? I couldn't watch the stream. I see there'll be GTA V branded pulse elites. Does that mean they're supporting Pulse and Pulse Elite on the PS4?
Since GTAV is a PS3 game, I wouldn't take that as confirmation of PS4 compatibility for that peripheral.

Preordered at Amazon.  Not sure if I'll keep the preorder, but the price is fair and they impressed tonight.  It's just that my backlog is so big that I shouldn't be buying it.  So we'll see.

Why are some of you pre-ordering more than one? Don't be greedy  :shame:

I will be in college so it's Amazon for me.

WTF. My PS4 won't come will January next year?! Is this a joke?!
It's a Dec 31st release date. Prime members get release day delivery, not sure about others.
Go into "my orders", change the shipping method and pay the extra 7 bucks to get 2 day shipping if you dont have prime.

im guessing teh date is tentative. they dont know the actual release date yet which is why they made it the last day of the year for release date and a few days after for the slower shipping methods. they'll update it when they know and thats when you get charged.

amazon has amazing customer service. if the price drops between now and release they'll charge you less. also if you ever return anythign that costs less than what it costs to ship the item theyll let you keep the item for free.

that said i could say the same thing for best buy this year.ive had to call them once or twice this year and both times they gave me store credit listed as customer satisfaciton. if you lived in a state with sales tax for online purchases id say buy it at best buy using their credit card for the 6% cash back.

personally im buying from amazon to avoid sales tax and i hope it doesnt ship until q4 because chase is doing 5% cash back for Q4 with amazon with the card I charged it to. so taht would be an extra $20 back instead of $4. this beats buying it off the sony store with the playstation card for 3x points because youd only get 1200 points = $12 psn credit.

ive never had a problem with amazon. stuff usually arrives early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my pre-order in as well. Can't beat $399.99, free release day delivery, no tax, and several months to save up before even being charged. Oh, and if I acquire some credit and can apply it towards my total, that will be amazing. I'll have some trade in credit in a couple of months for sure.

WARNING EVERYONE

The Eye camera is NOT INCLUDED for the 399 price. Just confirmed.
But it's not required for all games though, right? I can't keep up with all of the news.

I preordered from Amazon. I sure hope my phat PS3 lasts until holiday season (and beyond).
Definitely won't be required if it's not bundled with the system. Just hoping it doesn't end up like move. =/

the GS standalone PS4 is removed from your cart every time you try to proceed to checkout.
yeah i noticed that too i was trying to find a way around it but no luck. I hope by the time i get to my local GS the pre orders wont be filled up

are you guys seeing release date shipping as an option?

i'm a prime member and only see the regular 2-day shipping and crappy 3-5 day shipping

i don't remember if there's a difference, it's been a while since i pre-ordered anything on amazon, lol... but i thought things like this, they'd ship it so that you got it delivered to you on release date

the GS standalone PS4 is removed from your cart every time you try to proceed to checkout.
How come? It isn't up yet?

Now it says unavailable. I guess they put it online too early or something and took it down.

Took the plunge, even though I just bought a PC. Am I wrong?

Some tablets are more expensive than this, that's what made it ok in my head.

I was also at a Gamestop that stayed open late (east coast). An email came from corporate shortly after the conference ended and I was able to get a preorder done in store. To preorder in store, you need a minimum $100 deposit. My store is getting an allotment of 24 units at launch. There were a lot of calls coming in during the conference asking about preorders. The same store is also opening an hour early tomorrow, so it may be up to district/manager discretion on any early openings tomorrow. Because of the limited availibility and the interest that is being shown, you may want to show up at a store before it opens and wait it out to make sure you can get in a preorder.

Hmm, changed order from Amazon to Newegg.  NY tax is killer and that could go partially towards a game.

Thanks for this but how do I get this "Reward Zone Gamers Unlocked"????

Been out of the loop with this membership stuff.
It's a 15 dollar/year add on to your Best Buy rewards zone membership. As a rewards zone member activate the gamers club, which nets you X2 points on games, and then buy the gamers club unlocked.

1. To the people in this thread saying "sold" because of Kingdom Hearts 3.....they didn't say it was exclusive.  They said FF14(the online one) was.  None of the other Final Fantasy, or KH game.  Hell infact, the XboxOne is launching with more exclusive IPs than PS4.

I don't trust Amazon to fufill all those pre-orders so I went to gamestop tonight for the ps4. It required $100 in store deposit and I was guaranteed day 1. Sounds good to me.

bread's done
Back