PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Pre-ordered a PS4 at my local GameStop.  Minimum reserve price is $100 down as other people have reported.  Also reserved an extra controller for $5 down.

The employee said the store was anticipating 20 launch units (or cutting pre-orders off once they hit 20 pre-orders or something like that) if I recall correctly.  I arrived at the store about 20 minutes AFTER opening (10:20 am EST) and was pre-order #5 in the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered both Xbone and PS4 at Amazon within 30 seconds of the page going live and pre ordered at Best Buy (for in store pickup). 

Does anyone know if the sku on BestBuy's website is good for an instore pre-order?

I don't want to use their site after getting burned on the Wii U pre-order.

For the wii-U, they sent me an email telling me the card on file had insufficient funds a few weeks after pre-ordering and requested an alternate payment method. 4 minutes later they cancelled the order outright and couldn't reinstate it when i called in to question them. Apparently they ping your balance twice a week to see if all the money is in that account and if it isn't there, they freak out. Most places don't do that, and i don't keep huge amounts of money in my checking account for no reason so the order that included some games and accessories was cancelled. Just fair warning for you guys.
Exactly. I have to end up going to a B&M store to pre-order. I don't like how Best Buy puts a pending amount on my banking account weekly. Learned my lesson when I did that and one of my checks bounced because of it.

Preordered from Amazon.  Will apply gift cards I buy each month to pay off.  First console I will  get on day one...hopefully.

I preordered at Amazon last night. Today I also per-ordered at my GS in store. If Amazon doesn't fuck up, I'll either cancel my GS preorder and transfer that credit towards games or I'll let a friend who missed out (if any of my friends do) pay me back the $100 for the deposit and get my GS system.

I was the first preorder at my gamestop this morning. They opened about thirty minutes early once there was 3 or 4 people in line.

I'm surprised that Online Pre Orders have been continuing on this long, especially with people reporting that Gamestop is cutting off pre orders at 20 per store. Amazon must have a lot of confidence in their ability to fill all these pre orders.

Anyone know if there's a minimum reserve price at Gamestop?
They have a $100 minimum to reserve the PlayStation 4. I went this morning about a half hour early and they actually opened early so no wait and I was 2nd to reserve the system.
I can also confirm this. My store was open early and I was 3rd to pre-order after two employees had already got theirs locked in. Controllers and the eye are $5 down each also for anyone interested. I grabbed a second controller since they might be in short supply those first couple weeks.

Pre-ordered last night as soon as I could from Amazon. Figured I'd go ahead now and then if I find out I can't afford it about a month before launch, I'll cancel it so someone else could have one. I'm thinking of getting The Order 1886 and maybe one other launch title. If it comes down to me being able to actually have a system on launch, I'll be dancing at the door waiting on the mail like Al Bundy waiting on the Pizza guy.

pre ordered at gamestop this morning, wouldn't say how many pre orders they were taking but it was significantly more then the xbox one, which they only took 10 of.

Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation.  Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?

I grabbed a preorder at my local GS this morning as well.  I was the second person in the door, and the second person preordering the system.   ;)  The manager said they had been allocated 20 and another store across town had been allocated 30.  By comparison, he said they were only allocated 6 XBone's.  

I put down a Amazon preorder as well, but I'll probably end up canceling that before launch.  Being second on the list pretty much guarantees me one at GS, and I may even decide to do the midnight launch thing with this.   :)

EDIT:  I only preordered the system, I was told nothing about having to preorder a game as well.  

Where would you guys recommend pre-ordering from?

For Amazon, I have Prime so the shipping isn't an issue, but will I get it the day it comes out?

For Best Buy, I've never pre-ordered from there but it seems like they wouldn't hang on to the system and would just sell it to the first person who comes up.

Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation. Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?
I did not, but I was already swapping two games over from PS3 so it's entirely possible they're enforcing bundles.

Where would you guys recommend pre-ordering from?

For Amazon, I have Prime so the shipping isn't an issue, but will I get it the day it comes out?

For Best Buy, I've never pre-ordered from there but it seems like they wouldn't hang on to the system and would just sell it to the first person who comes up.
I've never had a problem with ordering for in-store pickup before. I just got mine preordered for pickup at my local.

Anyone know if there's a minimum reserve price at Gamestop?
They have a $100 minimum to reserve the PlayStation 4. I went this morning about a half hour early and they actually opened early so no wait and I was 2nd to reserve the system.
That is kind of crappy, thanks for answering the question i was going to ask. This will deter some resellers but I don't like having my money tied down. I Pre-Ordered on Amazon but I think it's still active, at least it was the last time I checked.

Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation. Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?
Nothing that's mandatory, so they're probably just trying to get extra reservations to make their week look better. If you think you've been slighted, by all means do that survey on the receipt.

Preorder a PS4 last night a few minutes after the price went live on Amazon. I don't have prime so I don't have a problem waiting another week to get it with the free shipping. It was a no brainer to go with Amazon since its tax free. Saves me about $30 which I can put toward another launch game. I think I'll be getting The Order 1886.

If you preorder do you still have to wait in line when the PS4 is released or can you just pick one up?

Well, in for a PS4!

33tjtqs.jpg

Does anyone know if the sku on BestBuy's website is good for an instore pre-order?

I don't want to use their site after getting burned on the Wii U pre-order.

For the wii-U, they sent me an email telling me the card on file had insufficient funds a few weeks after pre-ordering and requested an alternate payment method. 4 minutes later they cancelled the order outright and couldn't reinstate it when i called in to question them. Apparently they ping your balance twice a week to see if all the money is in that account and if it isn't there, they freak out. Most places don't do that, and i don't keep huge amounts of money in my checking account for no reason so the order that included some games and accessories was cancelled. Just fair warning for you guys.
Exactly. I have to end up going to a B&M store to pre-order. I don't like how Best Buy puts a pending amount on my banking account weekly. Learned my lesson when I did that and one of my checks bounced because of it.
Just got back. I used the SKU on the website for the instore pre-order. $25 deposit on the system, $5 on accessories.

Should not be the case. Maybe still at a store where numbers matter or trying to get a promotion and using that as some kind of evidence or something. I preordered just the system no problem. There were only two other people there (technically before me, but not really. Went out to breakfast when I saw no one else was there an hour and a half before the store opened, and they were there five minutes before opening) and the one guy pre-ordered Watchdogs and an extra controller as well, but no aditional requirement for me here.

If you preorder do you still have to wait in line when the PS4 is released or can you just pick one up?
You're good to just pick it up theoretically, as long as the store doesn't get short supply. Can't remember when the OG Wii launched (I did midnight pick up anyway), but I think consoles are like games, they are supposed to be held for 48 hours after release. I guess they could screw you and sell through to reup their shipment, but they shouldn't.

Preordered on Amazon and Best Buy in case an order doesn't fall through. If both go through I'll just hold one for my brother.

Don't forget that if you are preordering from amazon, and have a chase freedom credit card, that Oct-Dec will be 5% cash back ontop of the usual 1% so a total of 6% cash back for the console :D. That's about $24 back. It's better than nothing I guess :p.. Or if Target would finally put it up on their site we could use our red card to get 5% instantly instead of cash back...I'm assuming it'll be up soon, as the XBOX one is on their site now for pre-order..

I got mine Pre-ordered...

This is going to be an expensive Christmas for me this year, but I am sure they are all worth it.

2nd to pre order at gamestop. 20 systems for that store. No game pre order needed
The employee at the store I was at said they could take up to a max of 20, but that number could change throughout the day if they get an email, so they may only take a certain number. Apparently they were told 20 for the Xbox One yesterday, but an hour or two later got an email saying to cut off at 8 if they had not already exceeded it, or cut off entirely if they have. Same could happen for PS4, so 20 may just be a general number as of this morning company wide. The sooner you get there the better, for others still looking.

Pre-ordered at Gamestop.  The guy strongly suggested reserving a controller or a game, but did not insist.  Nor should they.

I'm currently primarily a 360 gamer.  I have a PS3, but never use it.  I would have prefered to stay in the achievement/gamerscore ecosystem, but... Microsoft sh*t the bed, as they say.

Switched my XboxOne pre-order over to PS4 this morning. 

It is not required to pre-order anything extra at gamestop. If the store said you had to. Make sure you do the survey and fill in the box at the end to put your comments. THEY DO take those serious I know at least 3 GS employee's that have been fired due to those.

I went ahead and got 2 extra controllers, and The Order 1886. I'll most likely try to flip the 3rd controller or just get a 2nd game instead.

Pre-ordered a PS4 from Amazon.

That being said, this will be my first console since a Sega Genesis back during my college days.....good times 

Just preordered the XBone and ps4. Added a ps4 controller, because it'll sell out and I'll flip it on ebay. If your store sold out, check again today. GS rep told me the regional managers are allocating new stock to stores that were selling fast and pulling from ones that aren't. Also, Gamestop is releasing small amounts daily until it completely cut off. She seem legit and but thats her word. 

Glad people are getting theirs. I'm going to wait it out about 9-12 months. I've got a lot of PS3 games to catch up on. Plus GTA 5 comes out in sept.

I pre-ordered the system and a controller at Gamestop. #6. I'm not sure if I'm keeping it or not but at least I have a pre-order in case I want it.

Called the GS by my hous eyesterday and they said they only had 10 alocated for that store which were already accounted for. The GS in the mall had 30 alocated to them, the GS employee said the stores with higher sales rates got alocated more units. I had to take a drive accross town but I go mine pre-ordered. (I was number 13 on the list)

Does anyone have experience with pre-ordering a console from Amazon? PS4 is the first console I've ever pre-ordered. I put in my pre-order about an hour after it went up. Is there a good chance that I'll get mine, barring some catastrophic supply constraint?

bread's done
Back