PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I ordered Lego Marvel as part of my B2G1 at Amazon. It hasn't been in stock and there isn't even a delivery estimate, so I live chatted with an Amazon CS rep, who told me they don't know when they're getting more in, apologized, and offered to substitute any other (non-special edition) PS4 game. So I picked Destiny. I would have picked Infamous but it has "Limited Edition" in the title so it may not have worked.

Anyway, just a heads up if you're in a similar situation. First so you know that Amazon doesn't know when they're getting the game in (even though Best Buy has it in stock online now), and second because you may have the option to sub in a pre-order instead. When you live chat, they should transfer you to the generalist team to resolve this.

Can anyone share their thoughts on Marvel Legos? Is there any improvements for the PS4 version? Can't really find any reviews based on the next gen version.
well ive played the PC version with my friends on coop... its... pretty damn boring. all those characters and they are all the same. theres like 5 different base character move sets. the game itself is pretty meh. the other lego games were way better

Got my PS4 from Newegg!
All hooked up and seems to be working great! Newegg's packaging was terrible with a small strip of that paper bag crap.

I finally found a ps4! I called my local Hastings and thy had just received a shipment in of three and they sold out while I was in store in minutes. Picked up NBA 2k14, COD Ghosts, and Assassins Creed 4. I thought yesterday at 1pm was kind of a random time for them to get them in, but I am stoked nonetheless. Try your local Hastings.

FYI,

I called UPS once.  I stood outside, the guy drove by.  I flagged him down and asked for my package.  He stated there wasn't a delivery there.  Not 10 minutes later the site updated and stated unable to deliver.  Called UPS and they called his manager.  Spent about 15 minutes on the phone.  HIS manager sent that dude back out to me (after he was done for the day) and was told to give me an apology to my face.  

Cool manager.  Especially since their warehouse is ~30 minutes away.

Honestly, to become a driver you used to have to have some serious seniority (in Orlando, FL it was like 5 years of seniority before you could apply for driver).  Most don't want to sacrifice that for it.  Esp. since it's a fairly well paying job.  Hard?  Yea but good money.

ANYONE looking for a ps4 at gamestop, well here is your only hope of finding one http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=020384

I managed to toy around with the URL with the PS4 SKU to find the inventory tracker.

Doesn't let you hold, but this way you can POTENTIALLY find one. Odds are they won't last much longer than opening tomorrow (in which case, your not gonna see this in time XD).

The only problem with this is the way GameStop handles its inventory. This inventory is updated at midnight every night and will only break prison what they had as of the close of business. If they received a shipment that day it will not be updated unless they had some at close of business. Plus, this may show that they have some all day even though they don't actually have any. You can go in and claim that their inventory shows they have some, but they may be holding it for customers that need to return broken units or customers on a waiting list. Some districts are still going through there waiting list with the units that they get so even though it seems like it would be first come first serve, it really isn't.

well ive played the PC version with my friends on coop... its... pretty damn boring. all those characters and they are all the same. theres like 5 different base character move sets. the game itself is pretty meh. the other lego games were way better

Its a Lego game. If you have played one of them, you know what you are getting into. It's about as fun as any other Lego game, with some graphic improvements.
I love it, but I know it is not groundbreaking.

Lego games are so repetitive, IMO. I know it's a game aimed at children, but there is no challenge. I do like that they added a free roam world that you can explore.

UPS called and the driver says he "mis-delivered" the package and he will "try" to recover it today.
he didnt misdeliver it. The thing never left his truck. They got swamped with amazon ps4 shipments and didnt have time to deliver them all because they weren't prepared for the rush. he coded it as delivered to cover his ass because they have a service level to meet. Take it from a delivery veteran.

Ok so I have a DS4 question. Last night I was invited to do voice chat. Put the mic into the port on the DS4 and it said mic not showing up. When I stick the mic all the way in, the DS4 has trouble recognizing the mic and if I pull the jack out a little small bit it recognizes it but I can't speak via the mic or hear anything. Am I just a dumbass or could there be something wrong with my DS4?

I don't know if the mic is broken, it plays audio but I don't know about if it does voice.

Thanks

I bought the warranty w/ incidental from the PS store. I got my system from GS; so far it's working great but I started turning it off instead of leaving it in standby mode.
Is it hassle free to order the protection plan via the PS store? I'm stuck between on which one to get.

ST or Sony's accidental?

Can anyone share their thoughts on Marvel Legos? Is there any improvements for the PS4 version? Can't really find any reviews based on the next gen version.
My 10 year old loves it. He blew through the campaign in a day and now it going to spend I don't know how long getting everything. He was the same way with Lego Batman 2. It certainly looks amazing. I'll get to playing it with my younger kids but I'm not sure I would play it on my own.

I ordered Lego Marvel as part of my B2G1 at Amazon. It hasn't been in stock and there isn't even a delivery estimate, so I live chatted with an Amazon CS rep, who told me they don't know when they're getting more in, apologized, and offered to substitute any other (non-special edition) PS4 game. So I picked Destiny. I would have picked Infamous but it has "Limited Edition" in the title so it may not have worked.

Anyway, just a heads up if you're in a similar situation. First so you know that Amazon doesn't know when they're getting the game in (even though Best Buy has it in stock online now), and second because you may have the option to sub in a pre-order instead. When you live chat, they should transfer you to the generalist team to resolve this.
Target has been saying the same thing about getting Lego Marvel in stock. Also: inFamous would have worked because the Limited Edition is just what they are calling every pre-order right now. It comes with bonus DLC that the regular version second round of the release won't come with, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, NBA Live's reviews....  a 43 at IGN....  Well NBA 2k takes it I believe.

Finally got a chance to sitdown and really play 2k, the career mode is fun, but no simulating games, and the load times are ridiculous. In about three hours I played 5 games maybe.  Worst part was that for the first three games I just sat ont he bench.  No way to skip over loading up a game you won't play in.  Other than that it was a great idea, lots to do... deep and the graphics are awesome!  probably the best for next gen!

LOL, NBA Live's reviews.... a 43 at IGN.... Well NBA 2k takes it I believe.
Not surprising but still a shame. It would be nice to have seen it actually work out with some of the ideas they were talking about. Also that it's all the more reason for them to not make radical changes with Madden/FIFA/NHL in the future.

inFAMOUS should have worked, though it's hard to say. I can confirm Battlefield 4 limited edition worked, which was just what Amazon called the edition with preorder DLC. You might have a YMMV situation with it, though it is just the regular version of the game. Similar to how Amazon called one set of PS4 systems launch and another set PS4 systems.

--

For all the people looking for BF4 LE DLC, remember that the DLC was fairly short run. Only 2 Walmarts in 50 miles have the LE, no store pickup for BB (though it appears online), Target never got it, GameStop is... GameStop and Amazon stopped selling the LE about the time the B2G1 sale started for everyone.

Not surprising but still a shame. It would be nice to have seen it actually work out with some of the ideas they were talking about. Also that it's all the more reason for them to not make radical changes with Madden/FIFA/NHL in the future.
Don't lump FIFA in there... they have been doing it right. In fact from what I heard this whole Ignite thing was done because of them. It allows the developers to share their improvements across all the other sports. Honestly it is for Madden and NBA to steal the physics and hard work from the FIFA team. Heck FIFA had the true physics in since maybe FIFA 10 or 11, and then Madden finally added it later on. FIFA is EA Sports bread and butter right now. It used to be NHL, but they have been slacking after taking 2k down. And yes they did take 2k down, back on the PS2/Xbox days 2k NHL was the best, but they could never catch up when the Xbox 360/PS3 came out, they pretty much ported over the last gen engine with better graphics and never updated.

The sports titles that everyone should shoot for are MLB the Show, NBA 2k, and FIFA... all the others fall way behind and don't even compete, Now if only Madden would lose the licensing this year, maybe they could get some competition...

So are you guys saying to just cancel Lego Marvel and try to use the B1G1 thing on a preorder? I heard a lot of good things about the game but you guys aren't making me want it at all, lol.

Target has been saying the same thing about getting Lego Marvel in stock. Also: inFamous would have worked because the Limited Edition is just what they are calling every pre-order right now. It comes with bonus DLC that the regular version second round of the release won't come with, I guess.
inFAMOUS should have worked, though it's hard to say. I can confirm Battlefield 4 limited edition worked, which was just what Amazon called the edition with preorder DLC. You might have a YMMV situation with it, though it is just the regular version of the game. Similar to how Amazon called one set of PS4 systems launch and another set PS4 systems.
I assumed inFamous should work, but I also know that CS reps can be somewhat literal and not "in the know," so when the first thing she told me was to "pick any regular game and not a special edition" I just figured I would make it easier and avoid any further complications or delays.

In any event, I realized after the fact that she seemed to also void out the price of the third game, so the total order for three games (AC IV, Destiny, and unfortunately Knack) is $87.xx including tax. I'll take it!

NFS Rivals is finally going to be at my house on Thursday from Amazon.  In the mean time I've really been enjoying AC4, they made the series fun again after AC3.  I really hope Battlefield 4 gets fixed soon, I enjoyed the few matches I played but don't really feel like playing more until everything works.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on Target for not having Lego Marvel in stock if Amazon doesn't know when they are going to get them in stock, either. Walmart is the same. I've been calling up there every other day and they don't even seem to know that it came out for the PS4. Every time I call they are like "On the PS4?!" like it's the most ridiculous thing I could be asking them to look for ever.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on Target for not having Lego Marvel in stock if Amazon doesn't know when they are going to get them in stock, either. Walmart is the same. I've been calling up there every other day and they don't even seem to know that it came out for the PS4. Every time I call they are like "On the PS4?!" like it's the most ridiculous thing I could be asking them to look for ever.
That's weird because I ordered Lego Marvel from Amazon on Thursday and at the time it said OOS. Within five minutes though it updated my delivery date to today and I just received it.

That's weird because I ordered Lego Marvel from Amazon on Thursday and at the time it said OOS. Within five minutes though it updated my delivery date to today and I just received it.
Target in-store says the street date for it isn't even until Nov. 22nd for some reason and Target.com - which is where I ordered mine because they did a B2G1 override for me - claims they'll get back to me in a few days but... I'm not holding my breath. I almost broke down the other day and just got the PS3 version at Walmart because I figured I could at least sell the minifig but... technically with all the B2G1, B1G1, etc. deals I got my copy from Target will only be like $30 something so I'm not desperate enough to spend an extra $30 something bucks yet. Yet.

That's weird. It finally came in stock at my local targets (I have like 10 within 20 miles) yesterday... No one is out of stock. I'm near Philly, PA.

That's weird. It finally came in stock at my local targets (I have like 10 within 20 miles) yesterday... No one is out of stock. I'm near Philly, PA.
Thanks for the heads up. Thinking about swapping my CoD Ghosts for LEGO Marvel, or trading it to Best Buy and getting a PS Camera... Hmm.

Is it hassle free to order the protection plan via the PS store? I'm stuck between on which one to get.

ST or Sony's accidental?
When I called Sony to troubleshoot my PS4 issues they offered me the protection plan for 2 years. You automatically get 1 year from buying the product. The 2 years will be in addition to the 1 year. So 3 years total. Also for an extra 10 bucks, they will do accidental damage protection. I think it was something around 80 bucks? As for easy, i'm sure you just call, read your credit card number off and you're set.

When I called Sony to troubleshoot my PS4 issues they offered me the protection plan for 2 years. You automatically get 1 year from buying the product. The 2 years will be in addition to the 1 year. So 3 years total. Also for an extra 10 bucks, they will do accidental damage protection. I think it was something around 80 bucks? As for easy, i'm sure you just call, read your credit card number off and you're set.
The accidental plan is $59.99 and can be bought via the PS Store. That's how I'm going to buy when I finally get off my lazy ass. Two extra years worth of covreage for the pice of a game (minus the $10 that came with the system) seems worth it to me.

Yeah, I got mine yesterday. Strange, they used bubble packets in mine. I was so scared setting it up that it would be one of the defective units.

Got my PS4 from Newegg!
All hooked up and seems to be working great! Newegg's packaging was terrible with a small strip of that paper bag crap.

Got my PS4 today from UPS around noon today. Every thing works well except after I downloaded the update I had to hold down the power button to restart it

What did you say to them bc I just got off the phone and was pretty much told to wait as there was nothing they can do about it.

they're using Lasership to ship? Yikes! Thats like the worst company they ship with. I hope when mine does finally come, its with a more reputable company like Fedex
The only thing I've ordered from amazon that was shipped using lasership got cancelled and returned to amazon.

Just completed Knack need something else to play until Friday. Perhaps Contrast?

Boy I really hate this non-physical power button.  System just locked up entirely while downloading Warframe and the power button doesn't seem to be responding but who knows if I'm even touching it right.  Really don't want to pull the cord but it's looking like that's my only choice.

Edit- There we go, only took touching it for like 45 seconds for it to turn off.

Also I need more PSN friends.  My little social wall is all me and two other people.

This is my setup: I have a LG55LM7600 and the ps4 is connected via HDMI to a monoprice HDMI switch.

It works perfect, no problems with video such as artifacts or anything like that. Never froze on me.

However, this is the second time since the launch day that when I turn on my ps4, I notice no sound. When I turn off and on and ps4, the sound comes back.

the ps4 itself has no weird sound or no other obvious problems.

Has anyone experienced that? It seems to be some firmware issue, what do you guys think??

It is, but you can talk to Amazon and get a preorder instead of Lego Marvel because it's been out of stock for several days.
Would that work with need for speed cause mine has still yet to ship and every time I look it says they are still out of stock.

bread's done
Back