PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I guess since this thread is now "dead" I should tell everyone to add me on PSN before people migrate to other threads. I'm samaside same as on here. I've got Ghosts, Killzone, and NFS to play online though I can't play NFS yet because Origin is trying to figure out what's up with my account. Hopefully that'll get resolved soon, though. Add me and you can play online with a girl whose actually a girl! SHOCK.

Added you on PSN, with an added message ;)

Ill add a couple of people. Im new to "chatting" on PSN since I never got around to getting a mic for PS3. And at the moment only have the cheap PS4 mic that was included. I do want to get a good mic though for PS4 when one is released. I like the way the Microsoft Bluetooth ones were and hope Sony releases one similar since Im used to using a mic on live all the time. Anyways Ill be playing BF4 and Killzone MP.

Zolor do you have BF4 or Killzone? If so you should add me.

And Eldritch do you have BF4 or Killzone? If I remember correctly you have like everything else but those.

Added you on PSN, with an added message ;)
Whoa! Glad I can't read it... :ziplip:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just joking. The stuff guys send girls in messages on live and PSN is ridiculous. My GF gets spammed every time we game online if they here her talk or know she's a girl. Its rather annoying. I enjoy replying on her mic then they just feel like a idiot and leave her alone.

samaside said:
I guess since this thread is now "dead" I should tell everyone to add me on PSN before people migrate to other threads. I'm samaside same as on here. I've got Ghosts, Killzone, and NFS to play online though I can't play NFS yet because Origin is trying to figure out what's up with my account. Hopefully that'll get resolved soon, though. Add me and you can play online with a girl whose actually a girl! SHOCK.
Yeah, I should take this opportunity to shift people over to the PS4 general discussion thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/302778-playstation-4-thread-greatness-awaits/page-1

It gets far less traffic than this one and it really should be where most of the system/game discussion, friends list talk, etc goes. I'll leave this here for now just in case people are still waiting on preorder pickups and discussion related to that. But please take the other stuff to the other thread.

Zolor do you have BF4 or Killzone? If so you should add me.
Indeed I do have Killzone. Just a heads up, my X1 is gonna hog up most of my attention and time, and my PS4 is really for exclusives or some multiplats that are ridiculously better on the PS4. I might eventually get BF4 for the PS4, but for now, I got Killzone. Add me. Same PSN ID as CAG name.

Not to be a douche here, but you did try the actual power button on the console, right? Because there were reports of people thinking they couldn't power on their console, but they were using the controller to try to turn it on (which wouldn't work the first time). Anyway, you might try that.

Has anyone on CAG received or know that their Walmart.com bundle was shipped? I ordered on 10/30 and still haven't received any update. Super frustrating.
Tried everything man. Power button on the front. Controller. Everything. Dead unit.

can anyone tell me why everytime i try to play nba live demo, it says i dont have a license.

edit- ignore. it works fine now after a reboot. 

So my Lego Marvel order just got a new shipping date of "12/10/2013 - 12/27/2013" so... I guess I'm just going to cancel it. I'm not holding out much hope of it coming in stock in any of our local stores either at this rate. I'll give it until Friday and if not I guess I'll just return the extra copy of Ghosts I picked up. Super disappointed. If I had known Target was going to fail me like this I would have gotten Lego Marvel instead of Knack with my B1G1 code on Amazon.

samaside said:
If I had known Target was going to fail me like this I would have gotten Lego Marvel instead of Knack with my B1G1 code on Amazon.
Well, Amazon is failing me with the B1G1. I got Skylanders last week before the PS4 was even out but still haven't gotten NBA 2K14. It still shows a delivery estimate of Monday evening. It is now Tuesday night and the tracking still just says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". So it really hasn't even shipped yet.

I fired off an email to them and now I'm seeing TWO new orders for NBA 2K14 set for delivery this Friday. Yeah, 2 of them - and the original order is still there too. And both of the new ones are free ;). So yeah we'll see how this plays out. Maybe they are still in the process of sorting it all out.

I don't have my PS4 yet, but you all can add me too. Also billycuth on PSN. I have NFS, Lego Marvel, BF4, Killzone, Knack, and AC4BF

So my Lego Marvel order just got a new shipping date of "12/10/2013 - 12/27/2013" so... I guess I'm just going to cancel it. I'm not holding out much hope of it coming in stock in any of our local stores either at this rate. I'll give it until Friday and if not I guess I'll just return the extra copy of Ghosts I picked up. Super disappointed. If I had known Target was going to fail me like this I would have gotten Lego Marvel instead of Knack with my B1G1 code on Amazon.
Got mine at the Sony online store. Ordered 11/15 and it came yesterday. It ships from CA too, which is mighty close to you.

OK so I placed the order for Lego Marvel and NFS for the B1G1 thing w/ Amazon last week and they are still not shipping, I read earlier in this thread that you were able to switch one of them to a preorder for something like Infamous? How do I do that? I talked to an Amazon rep on the phone and she had no idea what I was talking about and basically blew me off saying either keep the order or don't get the B1G1... 

I normally don't complain about stuff like this, but I just don't understand why these 2 games are out of stock for so long. And from judging from this thread, they're gonna be out of stock for several more weeks.... Every store around here has 5000000 copies of these games but obviously I can't use the b1g1 with them. 

Well, Amazon is failing me with the B1G1. I got Skylanders last week before the PS4 was even out but still haven't gotten NBA 2K14. It still shows a delivery estimate of Monday evening. It is now Tuesday night and the tracking still just says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". So it really hasn't even shipped yet.

I fired off an email to them and now I'm seeing TWO new orders for NBA 2K14 set for delivery this Friday. Yeah, 2 of them - and the original order is still there too. And both of the new ones are free ;). So yeah we'll see how this plays out. Maybe they are still in the process of sorting it all out.
Those are the kind of problems I wouldn't mind having.

Cause it's probably creepy.

No it was not at all... Just letting her know my background, and family status. I am happily married with a 4 yo who is the center of my life. I may be older, 38, but I am not a creepster and have many females on my friend list. I am not looking for anything other than active people with a PS4

If anyone wants to add me my psn is: cobdaddy21 I need ps4 friends to play with!
I added you as well as everyone who posted for PSN friends, since my original comment to Samaside. If anyone wants to add me my PSN IS Verve. I would love active players to add to my friend list. I have Killzone Shadowfall and Battlefield as retail releases with PS+. I also have a vita and PS3. I would love a few new CAGS to add to my list...

Add me I need more ppl on ps4, My PSN is squ1jee. I have killzone, bf4, knack and the ps+ games.
Added you. I know how you feel, out of my original 100 friends, only like 7 have a ps4. Got most of them from playing the vita. I need more people who have a PS4

Can add me as well. Only have Ghosts and PS+ games right now...ThunderChunky_62

Also regarding Resogun, does anyone know how to get humans out of boxes or is it just random? Cause I'm playing and I see the light up when they are about to open but then I hear "human lost". So kinda confused about that

The controller says Keeper spotted, or something like that. You have to find the enemies that are lit up green and kill them all. When you kill the last one a light will shoot out towards the box of the human and set him free.If you take to long, the poor little guy dies in the box

Can add me as well. Only have Ghosts and PS+ games right now...ThunderChunky_62

Also regarding Resogun, does anyone know how to get humans out of boxes or is it just random? Cause I'm playing and I see the light up when they are about to open but then I hear "human lost". So kinda confused about that

i agree that any CAGS with a PS4 should band together or something. Feel free to add me: Israel-Hands on PSN.

I've got AC4, Knack, Killzone, and Lego Marvel.

The controller says Keeper spotted, or something like that. You have to find the enemies that are lit up green and kill them all. When you kill the last one a light will shoot out towards the box of the human and set him free.If you take to long, the poor little guy dies in the box
Ah makes sense. Thank you kind sir

Need for Speed Rivals came today from Amazon. There has to be a problem with PS4 cases because like KZSF the disc wasn't seated in the case either.
The NBA 2K14 I bought from Target had a loose disc as well. The disc ring, or whatever the disc is supposed to 'fasten' to, was pushed in and broken. Sadness.

Need for Speed Rivals came today from Amazon. There has to be a problem with PS4 cases because like KZSF the disc wasn't seated in the case either.

Its pretty easy to release the disc from the case. I was able to release it by squeezing the case while it was closed. So maybe they were stacking things on top which causes it to release.

i agree that any CAGS with a PS4 should band together or something. Feel free to add me: Israel-Hands on PSN.
I've got AC4, Knack, Killzone, and Lego Marvel.
I started a thread on the ps3/ps4 board here and quickly found out about this from the author of it... Pretty handy. Sign up on it and let the gaming begin!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXfHFecRecpdFZNcnhvRy1rcW1TbmdRdGVKNE5XU0E&usp=docslist_api

EDIT: added everybody since my last post.

Finally got my 2 ps4 launch from amazon, (This is the last time i will play cheap with shipping for something important!). Both System's are working fine thank the heavens :bow:

Hmmm well this sucks. I live at a dorm at my University and they told me it may take weeks before they can get PS4 to work on the wifi since it just came out. Wondering if there's another way I could get it to work here. Maybe buy a router? There are ethernet ports in my room.

Forgive me if someone already posted or mentioned this story but I read this this morning. No idea how much truth is behind it

http://www.neowin.net/news/foxconn-intern-claims-ps4-was-sabotaged-during-manufacturing

Again don't know if someone was just playing a prank or if there was some real stuff going on there. Still knocking on wood mine is working ok. Hopefully everyone on CAG who was having issues have either got replacements on the way or have replaced it already

Went to Best Buy to trade in my old refurbed PS3 phat and saw behind the desk, at least 20 PS4s.

The guy said he couldn't sell me one because they are pre-orders.

What?

Shouldn't there be a minimum days before you lose your pre-orders?

What is to stop the flippers to have Best Buy hold their PS4 while they gage the demand.

They have a guaranteed PS4 but don't have to actually buy it.

Of course the guy could have lied to me and they are holding them for BF sales.

Went to Best Buy to trade in my old refurbed PS3 phat and saw behind the desk, at least 20 PS4s.

The guy said he couldn't sell me one because they are pre-orders.

What?

Shouldn't there be a minimum days before you lose your pre-orders?

What is to stop the flippers to have Best Buy hold their PS4 while they gage the demand.

They have a guaranteed PS4 but don't have to actually buy it.

Of course the guy could have lied to me and they are holding them for BF sales.

Same for my local store today, a mountain of PS4s sitting at customer service.

bread's done
Back